[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

3 hours ago, ruka18 said:

I can hear many shippers heart being broken right now wew. okay, okay.seriously? people should take a chill pill, I've been reading crazy comments on IG since that video was posted goodness!:vicx:  

dang we have people bashing MDBC  comparing it to other drama, we have the broadcasting system bullshiting with censorship issues now there's going to be an unwarranted dating scandal too?this is ridiculous.:lol:

Keep sportive YongOn shipper, must be someone try ruin your party, so just keep calm.

This tread is to late to fans ship war, just believe what  nice you want believed

In another hands that's video clip is bliss to Kim yoo jung, think rational She really to young to date.;)

But who can't denied the sweet and hot cheimistry betwen PBG and KYJ on screen...so let's issue going to flow..the reality is not our conscren...

Tell the truth

They both to young to date :phew:

• Like 17

14 minutes ago, honeywell said:

Watching a little of the special with subs, Yoo Jung is so adorable. When asked if her heart fluttered at BG's famous "I don't allow it.  He is my person" line.  She laughed and was like no because she's heard it too many times during practice.  :lol:

Adorable, talented and oh so beautiful! 

@stroppyse remember the post where you said Cheon Ho Jin could be a Sone? I don't know if you know this, he's a bit younger than CHJ but his fellow castmate in "Dong Yi"

Spoiler

Bae Soo BIn, 40 (my fave K-actor) is a fan of SNSD :) 

2kUzpfHawC14Q.gif

Jia You 加油 "You Can Do It!"

• Like 18

Maybe I will upset some people, although this is not my intention. and I am sorry if that happens.

I was thinking that the way YS died was in line with his character. To me, it seems that YS was supposed to be a character that never could make up his mind to go against his grandfather. I do not recall him doing something upfront against him. Whatever helpful thing, he did, he did it covertly (and he did many good things). Some people said that what he did was a suicide, and I tend to think that the writer intended it in this way.

I think, as viewers, we were too caught in the dramas of the other characters, and we haven't noticed sufficiently his tragic situation. Maybe, like his aunt, he also wanted to be acknowledged by his grandfather (although his grandfather did to a certain extent acknowledged him, but as I recall, he was also very dissatisfied with his nephew's choices). How many times did YS laugh in this series? he always had this air of melancholy around him.

In a way, in dying slain by the soldiers of his own grandfather, he also covered the treason he committed. since none of them was left standing, the grandfather could have never known what really happened: did YS killed them to help RO, was YS killed by the guards who betrayed him because they were allied with the rebels, were the rebels who killed them all?  

• Like 17

Guest MaknaeC
5 hours ago, daynci said:

what phone yoo jung is using, it looks like a sámsung one. girls like to take photo, thought she uses better phone

She probably has 2 phones and that one is her 2G phone. She's still using 2G phone until now, she said it during one interview back then. Yoojung is the type who loves to use stuff for a long time, for example her pink slipper and also blanket. She's quite old-fashioned girl compare to her peers.

3 hours ago, cynkdf said:

@phoenixember No, I haven't heard of any promotion but hopefully there will be a special OST concert (like the one the OST performers did for DOTS). As for live performances, Hwang Chi Yeul has been invited to perform at the 2016 Korean Popular Culture and Arts Awards (to be held on 27 October) and I hope that he'll sing "Because I Miss You" there :) 

Belated thank you to all who posted pics of fan-signing - so much eye-candy it's dazzling - and the wrap party.

4d4ba84b22b588483a3ca7cbe7068d4e_large2.jpg

MOD EDIT: QUOTED PICTURE DETECTED!

OMOOOOOOO hopefully there would be something like that.  And I look forward to seeing a vid of Hwang Chi Yeul.  The Lee Young version was as heartbreaking as Beige's.  T_T

I really still feel sad they didn't release the female version of Melting.  :(

Kamsahamnida @cynkdf!

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Yesin Lee said:

(Yonhap Interview) Playwright wanted to give hope in ending of 'Love in the Moonlight'

2016/10/19 17:56

By Lee Haye-ah and Youn Go-eun

SEOUL, Oct. 19 (Yonhap) -- When Kim Min-jung decided to write the script for "Love in the Moonlight," the playwright was throwing herself into unknown territory. Not only had she never thought about writing a historical drama, she also didn't expect it to do so well.

"For me, it was the biggest challenge of my life and I took a big risk thinking this would be my only chance," Kim said in an interview with Yonhap News Agency Wednesday. The KBS series ended Tuesday night after posting a viewership high of 23.3 percent in its penultimate episode.

"I'm really happy that it received so much love but also think it could have been better," the playwright said. "I was really short of time toward the end."

This photo provided by the playwright Kim Min-jung of "Love in the Moonlight" shows herself. (Yonhap)

Based on a popular web novel of the same name, the plot revolved around the love story of Crown Prince Lee Yeong of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) and a young woman disguised as a eunuch. Despite its historical setting, the drama appealed to both young and old with its lighthearted humor, fast pace and colorful mise-en-scene. Most importantly, however, there was the irresistible charm of lead actor Park Bo-gum, who at 23 has become South Korea's latest heartthrob.

"He's just as everyone says he is," Kim said of Park. "How could anyone not like him when even as a top star he's constantly putting others before him and working hard?"

Casting off initial worries, Park broke out of his image as the genius go player in his previous work, "Reply 1988," and won both critical and public acclaim for his acting.

"We started out wondering how he would be in the role of a cold-hearted character, but shouted for joy when he did so well," Kim said. "He's so gentle and sweet that we thought it might be awkward when he yells at the court ladies and is mean to them, but all of a sudden he turned into Lee Yeong. Every look in his eyes is convincing."

With each episode, the playwright faced new challenges both in the plot and in its delivery.

One part she wishes she could have done better is where the female protagonist (Kim Yoo-jung) loses her cheeky and charming character due to an unexpected turn of events.

"Hong Sam-nom's loss of her character is the part I'm most upset about," the writer said. "I'm sure some of our viewers were confused by the change in atmosphere from bright to dark, but the weight of the fact that Hong was the daughter of a traitor was considerable. It was a thorny path we had to take."

Viewership took a hit during those episodes, but Kim said she wasn't too bothered.

"I thought hard about the story, but not about the viewership," she recalled. "It was already better than expected, so I thought it's better this way than seeing it skyrocket."

This image shows posters for "Love in the Moonlight" (Yonhap)

To close the 18-part series, Kim said she wanted to end on a positive note and thus crowned Lee as king. The real Lee ruled the country in his ailing father's stead from 1827-1830, and is known to have pursued various political reforms before dying at the young age of 21.

"I thought long about the ending," the playwright said. "Joseon fell in the end and the actual history leaves us feeling empty, but I imagined what it would have been like if the crown prince had lived without dying."

She added, "I thought it would be the most hopeful fantasy to bring the curtains down on the drama right at the moment when the crown prince goes on to become king, filled with hope and dreaming of a new world."

Kim didn't go as far as making Hong queen because she wanted to leave it as a love story between two people in their youth.

"I wanted to paint their love in a way that would suit the world Lee Yeong creates, a world in which a woman can live as a woman and a child can live as a child," she said.

Asked what kind of drama she'd like to write in the future, Kim said it will be a story about grown-ups -- adults who know enough about the world but still struggle with love in the face of reality.

A still from "Love in the Moonlight" (Yonhap)

Source: http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2016/10/19/9/0200000000AEN20161019009300315F.html

Thank you for the article! It shows the script was already planned out and I still suspect that CSB was meant to be made official crown princess but the script changed slightly when the explosive chemistry between PBG and KYJ moved them into an altered direction. 

I loved what she said about the ending. Sometimes we need hope and we need happy endings even if true life is otherwise. 

*It's just my speculation!*

• Like 24

It is nice to see Park Bo Gum is surrounded by good friends who love him. I remember he always be teary when talking about his family, so Bogum-ah,you are nice kid, be strong on pursuing your dreams :lol:. We will wait for your single or albums too kekkeeeke:phew:

• Like 15