[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

hmmmm...come to think of it...I played it many times..when they are making the herbal medicine the skirt that's walking towards the pot is THE SAME AS THE SKIRT OF RA ON based on the picture shared by @Grace1003...hmmmm..another plan of Yeong & Dasan??and Ra On is being part of it..grrrrr can't wait for episode 18 tonight!!please PDnim fill us empty hearts with our beloved OTP again..

• Like 11

55 minutes ago, in00022 said:

Talk show in KBS ... they are talking about moonlight drama ( the video length around 15 minutes )

Moonlight drama indeed so popular in korea .... they are talking about it everytime everywhere ... so many news about it on TV ...so proud of them !! :glasses:

thank you for the clip!!!! the ladies are so funny they were practically drooling over bo gummie hahaha!!! everyone wants a happy ending....may the power of our prayers work tonightttttttttt

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, orangememory said:

As the drama comes to what I hope will be a solid, impactful end- I'd just like to sit back and think how solidly the drama delivered on the acting. The casting director was supremely on point with all lead, secondary and minor characters. A brief summary of my thoughts on the casting- starting with the secondary characters:

The evil Kims & cronies: No good drama succeeds without a believable and strong antagonist, and the entire Kim Clan delivers.

- PM Kim Heon is an amazing antagonist, he isn't comically evil, cackling and plotting. He's quiet, dignified and speaks in metaphors- while scheming brilliantly underneath. Even when defeated and desperate, he doesn't give a thing away. Only someone like Cheon Ho Jin could have brought gravitas to this character.

- Minister Dumb and Dumber: The two Kim mouthpieces are also very well-done. Their stupidity at scheming, plus the comically evil fishy beard Minister is extremely entertaining. Kudos.

- The Evil Queen- What a performance! She's a straight up comically evil richard simmons, so consumed by her own power, but so vulnerable and seeking approval from her own father (oooh, her expression when PM Kim told her to shut up without honorifics). Han Soo Yeon should take a bow- I love how she uses her eyes- they're always popping out with her anger.

- The White Clouds Traitor- A short role, but impactful nevertheless. The actor was really great in ep 15, when you could see how jaded he was and only worked for money- even taunting BY.

The Palace Personnel: Any sageuk also needs the ver large cast of Palace personnel, who provide to be the eyes and ears of our main cast- and play invaluable roles themselves:

Eununch Jang: I really, really adore him. Lee Jun Hyeok is so hilarious in the character, resigned to his crazy CP, but always protecting him and being a fatherly figure. I would have loved some more bro moments between them. I think their bond is only rivaled by the Head Eununch in TMETS with Lee Hwon.

- Eununch Sung: Omo, I adore his acting. He's so petty, childish, in cahoots with the Queen, and his gossipy voice is hilarious! he's like the Palace busybody, always on the rumour mill. +1 to this actor

- Eununch Ma: The actor very nicely took his role from self-serving richard simmons to heartbroken lover. And glad he came full circle by helping RO.

- Wol Hee: Short but cute performance, especially her interactions with Princess Myeong in.

- Head Eununch Han: We could never expect that this quiet observer was instrumental behind the scenes, deciding to change the fate of the nation. A dignified, extremely stellar perflrmance- particularly switching between the dignified servant to avenging White Clouds leader. I would love to see this gentleman in an outright evil role.

- The two little Eununch friends of RO: How adorable are they- with one's knowledge of Poison, and the others terrible puns, and they're so loyal to RO. I love how the knowledge of Poison was shown as primitive botox, then used in another episode!

Special mention to the senior Court Lady Kim Heon killed, in a few sentences, you could feel how strong and righteous she was.

The Royal Family:

- The Weak King: Again, brilliant performance by the actor. We're all truly pissed with the King. His indecisiveness, his stupidity and his painful nightmares truly come alive in the actors face. His face always manages to convey exactly how incompetent the King is, despite loving his son greatly.

- Princess Myeong un: Omo, Jung Hye Sung is so cute! She's so childish, cute and so happy! :D A little bright spot in this show.

- Princess Yeong-un: We've to watch out for this little girl, she plain stole our hearts with her silent performance, the depiction of trauma and anguish. Apparently, they've liked her so much here that she's been signed up for another Kdrama, where she plays a child with a serious brain ailment. 

- Suk-Hui & The Dead Queen: Short, but extremely impressive performances by veteran actresses. I love how Suk-Hui mama's love story with the King was shown, how he chose to protect her and she still loved him. Also extremely well-done role of the Dead Queen- she's such a joy to CP, teaching him happiness, music and breaking the confines of a Royal Family member. Lovely little piece.

- Young CP: Again, the kids in the drama are so sweet! The kid actor is warm, and endearing and so cute when playing with mom or friends. :)

Other Supporting Casts:

- Ra On's mother: I love this actress as a mom! She was the mom in Sassy Go Go, and Kang Ha Neul's mom in Angel Eyes. I adored her in Angel Eyes, she is actually very very cute (though she is made up to be more plain here). She's actually quite similar in face shape and a few features to KYJ and can totally pass off for her mom. I love her acting in this role too- anguished for her daughter, alwyas trying to protect her while living in the shadow of her larger-than-life Husband.

- Teacher DaSan: One word- Ahn Nae Sang. He was born to be in influential roles- loved him in TMETS and Sungkyungwan Scandal. He has this wise appearance, and his use of sly metaphors to shape CP's strategies is gold. 

- Hong Kyung Nae: Omo, 1 episode and this actor left such a blazing impact. What an actor, only Princess Yeong Un was able to leave such an impact. His angry, bitter revolutionary face, how he withstood the interrogation, being blatant about corruption, and also taking CP's case. Very very impactful!

- Young RO: Nice acting- you can see how the actress shows her childish anger to be forced to wear a boys clothes and her pain at not being able to play with the other girls.

- Young Master Jung: This actor kills at comic roles, if not mistaken, he was Kim Poong Ho in She was Pretty. His intelligence is nice, but his cute nervousness in love is adorable with a capital A! And also, that line- where he lives the Princess for how she looks- and adored her chubby cheeks and not the sharp curves. Awwwww! Another little bright spot.

- Master Jung's servant: Omk, this guy caught my attention- he was so funny! Especially when trying to convey to RO what Master Jung was saying. I secretly wanted to ship him and Wol Hee together. I wish he got an extended appearance.

- Little Lantern Girl: She was so sweet, and earnest, especially when just refusing to take Yeong's money because she didn't beg. Nice kid!

- Evil Chinese Envoy: When a character actually makes you feel uncomfortable with his slimy, disgusting countenance, you know the actor has sold that role to you. Kudos to him too.

Special mention to the Gibang House madam, you could see how pitiful she is, and how much she genuinely cares for her evil Queen daughter. 

That was a long post, Whew! Feel free to add anyone you think I missed! :D

What a great tribute to all the characters we have loved or loved to hate these few months!!! Yes i want to add my special shout out to Eunuch Jang and Eunuch Song--Jang adds soul to Dunggongjeon, not only the laughs...his loyalty and love for CP is undying! He is an awesome sunbae to uri sam nom too. He really rocks this character! the actor brought it to life. 

Eunuch Song i have seen in quite a few sageuks before and I must say this is his best performance so far! really excellent and on point!

The lantern girl and little princess will be faces to watch in the coming years. powerhouse actresses at a young tender age....more of them please!!!

• Like 18

2 hours ago, uwimissteapot said:

I think the queen is PM daughter, not from the real wife but from the gisaeng. But it's a disgrace or maybe PM will charge guilty if he married his daughter from gisaeng to the King. 

But she still has the blood of Prime Minister. I think there is a scene in early episode, explain about it (but I forget which episode)

She said that she is a girl raised in a kibang who has never seen the face of her father... so she is nobody.... not even his blood!

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, underthemoon0616 said:

not a staff but actor

Oh thanks for the info ... do you know his name ?? What role is he playing in moonlight ?? 

Edit : oh i know ... he is playing as one of dumb and dumber ( evil kim clan ) ... but dunno his real name :P 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NRGchick said:

I got it from Gmarket before it sold out. I bought it two weeks ago but due to high demand it was only shipped last week. I was worried that it would not make it to me by today. So I take it as a good sign that it's here! On hindsight I should have bought the male bracelet too but thought that I won't wear it. AISH....so we have to wait until orders open again. 

20161018_133344_zpsf3qlh4r6.jpg

http://mg.gmarket.co.kr/ItemDetail?GoodsCode=852041754&GdscCode=300021351

This was the link but the bracelet is out of stock. 

Wow! :) Congratulation! :D So beautiful!

Another good sign... may it be that now we have Full Moon in real life too? (Well, it was Sunday, but still it is) :D

• Like 9

I thought this might be silly and funny to share. God I sure hope this won't be how the story will end. 

So my boyfriend also watches this drama. And this is his prediction on how the ending will be :lol: oy...

Spoiler

Ra On is seen wearing beautiful hanbok in the Repetence Hall. CP meets her there and they reunite. And they exchange glances at each other. Cue the happy music. The end.

I asked him why isn't there any skinship or kissing? And he goes, "well all they do is stare at each other all day long." :phew::crazy:

• Like 10

50 minutes ago, pyoyong said:

wahahaahahahahahhaahaha........same since episode 5 I've been holding back like a bus going down the hill with the break half working!

I don't like to prove a point where I have nothing to back me up and last night her almighty I'm going to be the last person standing next to you bullcrap earned my "Target Marked"

Free gliding now since unfortunately my freakin brain memorize her scenes automatically.....how the hell I'm going to erase these bookmarks inside my head? I hope her function and existence ends in tonight so I can be at peace with brain.

Guardians of MDBC, Moonlighters, toast to our final battle tonight!

HAPPY ENDING!

HURAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cheers*

yes to a Happy Ending @pyoyong my chingu @pyoyong! you are one of the pillars who had made this thread as enjoyable and memorable as can be.  

it seemed that your war plan had actually turned out victorious!  CP is alive and BY is also safe and sound! for now i just fear for my Yoonsung! i worried readying this translation by @stroppyse.  let's continue to be vigilant and protect YS too.  i haven't watched episode 17 yet but is just reading the posts here.  and it's hard catching up, so many pages to back read. :)  @lovehbhjw2013 chingu i hope YS's fate isn't as stated in the novel right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlXQfX82BSg

YS: From grandfather, from the Kim Clan, I’ve always wanted to run away. Though you may not be able to believe me. 

Yeong: I believe you. If I could have actually thrown it away, there were many times when I would have discarded it. I’m going to do what I have to do. 

YS: Do what you think is right.

Yeong: However, that I might hurt you is my concern. 

YS: I have a concern also. That I might start wanting to protect my position. However, no matter what happens, I don’t think we have to be apologetic, Your Highness or me. Since it’s not something that either of us started without knowing about it.

• Like 20