[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

I think the pacing is actually going faster than I expected. So far at about halfway into the drama, the male leads know RO is a female. We also have the PM and CP exchanging views, both differing on how things are being run. PM's metaphor just made me think he played a part in the  cause of the rebellion or this is simply him trying to intimidate CP, almost like how he kind of pressures the King to favor his side. Either way, he can't be trusted.

The character of YS, although caring to RO, is a little naive so I don't expect him to go to lengths for anyone else, but his own interests. I think he still cares about CP, but not sure how they could be close again. I wonder if BY was involved.

I didn't think CP was going to kiss RO. Actually since people were uploading the kiss scene, it was a spoiler for me because I was listening to the OST on YouTube and saw a thumbnail. Haha! If I didn't see that though, I would've thought he was going to be sly and be like I got you Sam Nom, you like me! But then I know that wouldn't make sense because the letter he wrote was to convey some of his feelings beforehand. Plus he seems a little more dignified than that. Even when he becomes trolling Prince. Lol It was a pretty innocent, yet affectionate kiss. Without seeing the scene where he sees she is a girl, I was sure he had an idea. When she closed her eyes, his face was really telling, like he knew he was right and he was happy because she was accepting.

As for RO, she didn't express much until after the confession because she was really confused. She remains herself while hiding a major part of her identity. Being forced to be a eunuch turned her life around in both negative and positive ways. She felt guilty for the developed feelings between her and CP. It was good to see she brought up her own misunderstandings with him. That scene was her own confession and it led to the reveal. Now we're curious what she'll do since he told her he knows. As much as I want to see more of her standing up for herself, I can understand she remains obedient for her safety.

The secret behind the eunuch's clothes:wub:or Her secret :wub:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Gah she looks so pretty :) Secret… RaOn’s secret is that she’s actually a pretty girl. Yeong’s secret is that he knows her secret :P:wub: Who’s hiding who ahaha :w00t: Aww I know she has no choice but to hide it, I’m just having fun with myself :P 

Kim Hyung – a lovely third wheel – and a Loyal Friend

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Here for you @Jillia, I suddenly remember one of your post about Kim Hyung ( :flushed::grimace:) He looks cool, looking at these gifs I still can’t believe he's actually a dongsaeng & I'm a noona!! OMG :joy:

KDY is adorable when he smiles but he can give a strong vibe too:relieved:

Credit gif to bbeongbbeong:heart:

@Bambiina about PBG teeth i agree with you, some times when he make a big smile that happen and not to good to look. But another smile of him make we are melted and crazy with him. He have many talented he can good act, dance, play piano, singing and i hear that he good swimming too. I am ahjuma with one son that crazy about him since i watch him on hello monster he act as min that psycopath damn he daebak in there and on reply 1988 he look so naive and innocent. 

Morning/Evening chingus..…ARggg…..I need last night rewind button please… I feel awful reading my own post. WTH, 300 spam post misspelling beer to bear behaving like some AA addict caused by none existent Alcohol substance….. OH mannnnnn..draggin 3 innocent lives @moodypie @Jillia @lovehbhjw2013   summoreeee…..Arghhhhh…. The last thing I remembered was my husband threatened me to call an ambulance to the LuniWard, dragging  me out of my chair while my finger was still spamming ‘refresh’ and REACHING for that LIKE button somewhere……Seriously they need to reinvent ‘DELETE’ post button, I need it!

Shuckssss,  @Bambiina….where were you when I spam all that??? Where??!! *strangle strangle strangle* Why on earth didn’t you stop meeeee!!  And disapearing on me for 2 bloody hours??...... *calm myself down*

Never mind I forgive you after I saw that sinking ship! Were you on crack or something?? Decide to launch a cannon ball and blow that deck to pieces?? ahahahhha…*cry* that face....hahaahahahahaha .  You know what girl , I’m thinking KYS more like all mighty Titanic, you know being a well off family, good looking, beautiful inside out, smart, perfect in every way, falling in love of the first time. Sailing half way to a whole new world but..….FAILED

Ahhh I feel better now…..and I need to zoom in on @tiendoank new masterpieces. I see my hell sista decide to hunt down the witch from snow land. Wowww cingu, love the robe, love the hood, love the color, love the hair and I even love the apple! Very meaningful!  Even hell fashion guru will agree with me on this. It suits her really well! Definitely much better than the Crown-Princess outfit! More of them please!

So I read up and gather HY has gain popularity with last night topic being mention several time.

10 hours ago, Jillia said:

I really don't hate Ha Yeon. I have my problems with her which are not related to Ra On or/and Lee Yeong. I don't see much she has done that annoys me and so far she is really just way over the top in her fight for Lee Yeong's heart.

So yeah I don't understand the hate either. We can like her like we like Yoon Sung.

My problems with her about how she is written. Sometimes I'm not sure who the real Ha Yeon is. I just wish she would've been introduced a bit earlier for me to get a feeling for her character and to see her as a actual problem for Ra On and Lee Yeong. Then I would get why people don't like her. But she really doesn't stand a chance - as in she isn't a threat to the OTP of the show - so I just enjoy her scenes despite the weakness in the writing for her. :)

But I can't help enjoying the funny pics of her. I'm weak!

You’re not WEAK, heck you’re just a normal human being blessed with normal human emotions. Geeez, you can even come up with all these graceful excuses to express your feelings towards HY, not anyone can do that. The MOMENT I saw her wearing that Crown-Princess dress in that poster, it was all over for me! Should have had the word ENEMY tattooed in BOLD on her forehead. And having KYJ execute her Raon role to perfection in the first 4 episodes before HY even appears makes the difference even more obvious. Nothing HY will ever do could earn my sympathy and she knows it! (again it’s not the actress alright)  So words of wisdom from me to HY, “You’ve made your choice, ACCEPT YOUR FATE B.IATCH!” (excuse moi language)

And jilly, I found out your secret…you’ve been injecting steroids in that fingers didn’t you! AHA! Girrrll, you keep on posting till sunrise at my time, there is no chance in hell you could have done that without those doping drugs!

11 hours ago, Grace1003 said:

This thread doesn't sleep, does it? :-)

To grace sunbae, I have this tiny tiny wish of mine that despite this thread being 6months behind handicap with thread next door, I want ours to blast off at the speed of light until the only thing we see in the rearview mirror is a small twinkle of light in the distance.

And before I’m off to bed, seems like Bogum is in love with Moonlight as much as we are in love with Moonlight XD I love his smile, it's like ... healing :wub:

14324156_950931178363775_423745490754469

Bogum tweeted: 'An autumn night with the best moonlight,

Wishing everyone a day full of laughter & happiness!'

(Credit to my attempted (poor/inexperienced) translation:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:)

Have a day full of smiles & forget all the worries our Moonlighters <3 Happy discussing & see you again later todaaay :heart:

@pyoyong....  you are so funny..I fell off my chair.....the Moonday wait is so killing...like the way you blast like a dynamite to release the tension.  No worries, we all love Chae Soo Bin as a great actress who pulls off the character of HY so well that we really dislike her "pro-activeness" in going after the CP in the drama.  It is actually the success of Chae Soo Bin whichever way we look at it. :blush: 

Commercial break here to watch PBG and KYJ filmed their past CF.   Think after this drama...their schedules would be so filled with CF filming that they have no time to rest...but thank God they are so young and energetic...

2 hours ago, valsava said:

Hi, Loved the article I just hate I read he died at such a young age but many of his dance works are still being performed til this day Kudos to our Prince..

But something that has been bothering me since reading that article.. I hope after seeing him weakening the court ministers powers I hope we don't see him dying in this drama that would be to sad. Even though we may see him marrying YH according to the history I just read..

Despair not my friend @valsava !  I feel total opposite.  I feel very excited for Yeong's character!  

MDBC has been such a happy and bright tone drama so far at the halfway mark as of EP 8. It's such a joyful, youthful, optimistic and romantic love story between the main leads so I firmly believe the drama will not deal with his early death much, if at all.  (That said, I'm really curious about how the Prince died in real life.  I can't find any info anywhere.  Did he die of illness and was it something that was brought on and covered up like his mother's? Not written anywhere I have found so far).

I was really intrigued and happy to see in the historical report in Wiki that he introduced political reforms (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_Prince_Hyomyeong).  The MDBC has already shown that Yeong is a highly intelligent and politically savvy ruler.  He knows how to think and read the situations and actions of the Ministers/the Prime Minister and how to strategize two or three steps ahead of them.  I believe we will see more of that from him for the remaining 8 episodes (or whatever extension there might be).  

This is why I feel Yeong will be in full control over everything that happens in the drama from here on. Through thick and thin and there will be some bad times I'm sure. But whether they be his love affair with Ra On, the inevitable reveal of Ra On's family connection to the Hong Gyung Nae, probably connection of Byeong Yeon to the HGN and Ra On AND his marriage to his Crown Princess which I'm sure will be a marriage of political convenience deal he will make with his enemy ministers.  

It could be that the drama shows he dies at the end but he would have become powerful and great and it will be handled with dignity.  But I really doubt the drama will take a dark turn.  But even if that happens, I'm sure the drama team will handle it well.  I have faith.  The important thing is how we get there and everything we will feel and experience because of the great story telling.  I know I'm thinking too rational and optimistic may be, but what I can I say, that's just how I am.

I've discovered some other stuff about Prince Hyomeong (PBG's character).  There is a collection of over 600 poems he wrote that's still preserved. 

https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/beta/asset/collected-poems-of-crown-prince-hyomyeong/DAFz2aXFknABDg?hl=en   

I found another facinating article in English about a great painting done during the Rule of Yi Yeong.  The article makes you wonder if he was directly involved with this painting.

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=2968671                 

As optimistic as I am about Yeong in MDBC, his real life Prince Hyomeong's descendants did not fare so well according to the history.  The Prince died early and so does his son.  So his wicked step mother (the current MDBC Queen) and his wife (Jo Ha Yeon's character) ends up being the defacto rulers and enemies of each of the Joseon dynasty for many decades (there is another saguk to be made right there).  http://askakorean.blogspot.ca/2010/04/traditional-family-feud.html  

I love these Korean writers who finds an obscure character in history and writes a whole drama around them for us to enjoy like this one!

Another one, I love that Prince Hyomyeong's portrait is one of the rare Royalty portraits that have survived.  I believe there is less than a dozen that have survived because of so many invasions and the war Korea has had to endure over the last two thousand years.

9 hours ago, Jillia said:

It's Jo Ha Yeon. But historically she is known as Jo-ssi aka Lady Jo and later as Queen Sinjeong - even though she never was really queen because Lee Yeong died at the age of 20.

Just thought i shld mention that In history, Lee Yeong's mum was the only queen of King Sinjo and he only had Consort Park as his Consort. She was never elevated to Queen status... so in history, the evil daughter of premier kim turned queen and stepmum didnt exist.. phew. 

1 hour ago, honeywell said:

Rewatching episode 7 because I know I missed a lot of little things because I was so excited to watch this episode.  Didn't realize RO finished all of the food Yeong give her.  Also now that Yeong and Kim yung knows the truth about RO, will RO/ BY still be roommates?

I hope so, I find their interaction comical sometimes, but then again it'll be awkward for BY since he knows that she is a 'she'. But if he's suppose to protect her, that's close by. 

7 minutes ago, seungshin said:

I found another facinating article in English about a great painting done during the Rule of Yi Yeong.  The article makes you wonder if he was directly involved with this painting.

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=2968671                 

As optimistic as I am about Yeong in MDBC, his real life Prince Hyomeong's descendants did not fare so well according to the history.  The Prince died early and so does his son.  So his wicked step mother (the current MDBC Queen) and his wife (Jo Ha Yeon's character) ends up being the defacto rulers and enemies of each of the Joseon dynasty for many decades (there is another saguk to be made right there).  http://askakorean.blogspot.ca/2010/04/traditional-family-feud.html  

I love these Korean writers who finds an obscure character in history and writes a whole drama around them for us to enjoy like this one!

Yup tq seungshin 씨! We learnt in class (took a minor in korean history in school) that in history, lee yeong's mum didnt die young. In fact she was king sunjo's only queen. So the current mdbc queen is fiction! 

Me me me,, I was the one that complaint about the fake garden .. (in my attempt to inject some laughter to the thread) .. wahhaha.. I was just joking – I exaggerated .. actually the background aka plastic garden was not as fake as I put in my ‘letter’ …

It was nice … dreamy kinda of setup but the thing is .. nothing beat real flower and real garden (saw a garden in one of current drama – OMIGAH – little house surrounded by green lush garden plus little pond .. woahhh … a view to behold – I think some may have seen this too) ..

Anyway what da heck – with such steamy hot kish … who cares where they shoot the scene right? .. be it in a box ..

So please do not take it seriously .. I exaggerate a lot.. A LOT … :D … and most of the time I talk nonsense!

@pyoyong After I saw the thread went still .. Oh noo .. I know I have to stop posting .. I didn’t want to be the last one posting, left hanging with no reply after two hours still no reply – I’d be the last one to comment – such lonely feeling, emptiness, no-lifer  – .. I abandoned ship .. waahhahaha … I checked a few minutes later – your comment still the last one .. wahahhahaha… THANK GOD I DIDN’T COMMENT … that showed that I have a life and you? NOT … you don’t have a life … wahahhahah .. I just have to stop .. I need distraction or else I will continue spamming with my non-value added comment ..  so I rewatch 8 .. a good move – brilliant!!

1 hour ago, nataliakay said:

Hmm, Saw some post about the garden setting during the scene. I actually find it very beautiful, very midsummer night dream-like. And I don't think we would be able to get the same effect if it's not artificially made. like err...where can we get a garden as beautiful as that. The combination of colours of pink, red and green made it all so pretty not to mention amplify the sweetness of the first kiss between our CP and little darling Ra On.

@nataliakay

Did you see the ending scene in Doctors? That is an example of a gorgeous garden. There is something about outdoor natural lighting that just can't be recreated by indoor artificial light. I still enjoy the scene and I can tell they put a lot of effort into creating the garden. Actually the scene between CP and RO (when the little Princess put flowers in her hair) had quite a picturesque backdrop. Why didn't they use that?

9 minutes ago, simsimida said:

Yup tq seungshin 씨! We learnt in class (took a minor in korean history in school) that in history, lee yeong's mum didnt die young. In fact she was king sunjo's only queen. So the current mdbc queen is fiction! 

If she were a real historical figure, they would have to be careful in how they portray her to avoid backlash or accusations of historical inaccuracies. A fictional character gives the production team more leeway.

1 minute ago, Bambiina said:

Me me me,, I was the one that complaint about the fake garden .. (in my attempt to inject some laughter to the thread) .. wahhaha.. I was just joking – I exaggerated .. actually the background aka plastic garden was not as fake as I put in my ‘letter’ …

It was nice … dreamy kinda of setup but the thing is .. nothing beat real flower and real garden (saw a garden in one of current drama – OMIGAH – little house surrounded by green lush garden plus little pond .. woahhh … a view to behold – I think some may have seen this too) ..

Anyway what da heck – with such steamy hot kish … who cares where they shoot the scene right? .. be it in a box ..

So please do not take it seriously .. I exaggerate a lot.. A LOT … :D … and most of the time I talk nonsense!

@pyoyong After I saw the thread went still .. Oh noo .. I know I have to stop posting .. I didn’t want to be the last one posting, left hanging with no reply after two hours still no reply – I’d be the last one to comment – such lonely feeling, emptiness, no-lifer  – .. I abandoned ship .. waahhahaha … I checked a few minutes later – your comment still the last one .. wahahhahaha… THANK GOD I DIDN’T COMMENT … that showed that I have a life and you? NOT … you don’t have a life … wahahhahah .. I just have to stop .. I need distraction or else I will continue spamming with my non-value added comment ..  so I rewatch 8 .. a good move – brilliant!!

You're lucky this thread has no 'tumb down' button or else I'm going to SPAM IT 10X!!  My eyes were like      -___-  *glaring* 

What sort of crappy soulmate are you?? Blew up a ship with your buddy still inside??? I had to step on KYS's face to swim back up...

Yep, I saw that all naturale garden on the other drama, is breathtaking.... until you spot a brown polka dot dress.. ok I'LL STOP right here!

Even if our guy kiss her in CARDBOARD box gazebo, that would make NO DIFFERENCE to me whatsoever

4 minutes ago, simsimida said:

Well I'm confused. :(

According to history,  King Sunjo's (PBG's father in MDBC) wife rules for her grandson (King Heonjon) because PBG dies young and then PBG's father dies four years later and so PBG's son becomes King at the age of 8.  But if the wicked Queen (PBG's step mother) did not exist in history who was the Queen who ruled on behalf of her young grandson and PBG's son?  It would not have been PBG's mother (who assume is Lady Park?) since she is already dead? At least in the show?  Or did she not die young in real life? Based on what I've read of history I can only conclude it's this step mother Queen in MDBC who rules for her grandson.  Or may be the writer purposely killed or mixed up the ladies so as to not attribute the stories to real life women.

On that note, here is a link on Joseon ladies for anyone who might be intersted, though it's not a scholarly article!

https://thetalkingcupboard.com/joseon/royal-ladies-of-joseon-dynasty/

I also love this list on the same blog:

https://thetalkingcupboard.com/2013/05/04/rulers-of-the-joseon-dynasty-and-kdrama-interpretations/

Archived