[Drama 2016] Mirror of the Witch 마녀보감

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Yi-kyung joins Mirror of the Witch as Kim Sae-ron’s protector

by girlfriday | March 25, 2016 | Comments

LeeYiKyung1.jpg

I really like up-and-coming actor Lee Yi-kyung. He’s had everything from bit parts in huge dramas (Descended From the Sun, You From Another Star), to bigger parts in tiny dramas (Because It’s the First Time, Superman Age), to everything in between, and he’s always reliably funny or quirky or just plain good. Next up, he’s planning to reunite with PD Jo Hyun-tak, with whom he worked on Maids, for the new JTBC fantasy sageuk Mirror of the Witch.

The drama is a supernatural retelling of the story of famed Joseon medical scholar Heo Jun, played by Yoon Shi-yoon (Prime Minister and I). In this drama he’s a young man of low birth with exceptional skills in martial arts and sciences who isn’t fully realizing his potential. He’ll fall in love with a princess under a curse, played by Kim Sae-ron (High School: Love On), who’s held captive in her own body by a white-haired witch.

Lee Yi-kyung has been cast to play Kim Sae-ron’s protector, the maknae of seven taoist masters who are part of Sokyeokseo, the government office that practices taoist rituals involving heaven, earth, and stars. His character is gruff on the outside but quietly caring on the inside, and he’ll guard Kim Sae-ron as her oraboni (oppa) and helper. Cute. Wait, doesn’t Kwak Shi-yang (Oh My Ghostess) also have a role as an oppa type who looks out for her? Just how many protectors does one princess need?

They do seem to be going all-out fairytale fantasy with this one, filling a royal court story with evil shamans (Yeom Jung-ah), cursed queens (Jang Hee-jin), and kings with mysterious illnesses (Lee Ji-hoon). And then of course there’s the princess who has to be freed from the old witch inside her own body. I really don’t know what to expect since the story will be so dependent on execution; I just hope their CG budget is big?

Mirror of the Witch follows Friday-Saturday drama Ms. Temper and Nam Jung-ki in May.

Via Sports Chosun

cr. http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/03/lee-yi-kyung-joins-mirror-of-the-witch-as-kim-sae-rons-protector/

The cast is complete!

CesKeRoXIAQhvjo.jpg

http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/newsview?newsid=20160329134506602

A sneak peek of Kim Sae Ron: 

(Edit: she deleted the pictures, I guess she shouldn't have posted... but she should know, once you post something online it stays there forever! lol)

CesnyMKWwAAu8fA.jpg

I think it says: "Mirror of the witch first shooting"

Cesp6A5W8AAbRj9.jpg

hi...

i'm waiting for this drama because of KSR and KSY. i just don't get it though. why this drama is not promoting well like other saeguk drama scarlet heart ryeo? is it because this one from jtbc and the other from sbs (the big network)? there are so many articles about scarlet heart than mirror of the witch.

i've watched the original scarlet heart  (chinese version). and it did have a great story and casts. but with this korean remake...i don't know. will it be as great as chinese version? i don't think so. but that is just my opinion.

i hope mirror of the witch will be "daebak" ! fighting !

14 minutes ago, 6u2n7a said:

hi...

i'm waiting for this drama because of KSR and KSY. i just don't get it though. why this drama is not promoting well like other saeguk drama scarlet heart ryeo? is it because this one from jtbc and the other from sbs (the big network)? there are so many articles about scarlet heart than mirror of the witch.

i've watched the original scarlet heart  (chinese version). and it did have a great story and casts. but with this korean remake...i don't know. will it be as great as chinese version? i don't think so. but that is just my opinion.

i hope mirror of the witch will be "daebak" ! fighting !

That's true. But it's been like this since forever. Follow the example of "Madame Antoine" they also never promoted the drama pior to the premiere and go see the ratings now. Scarlet Heart and Hwarang are being promoted the way they are because of the cast, it's full of 'flower boys' and famous actors. In here we only have 3 main faces, the rest it's just.. the rest?! 

Isn't it too early? Still a month left... I think they are just in time. We can't compare it with other dramas, because these are pre-produced and/or looking for audiences in overseas. 

But...certainly they should promote more, they are just starting slowly.:sweatingbullets:

On 3/31/2016 at 2:01 AM, rachelyun said:

I was actually looking forward to see Lee Ji Hoon in the script reading but no :(

Anyways, I am very happy he is in this drama! Glad to see him again after Six Flying dragons. I can't quite imagine how this drama will turn out till the trailer comes, I guess :)

I do agree with @rachelyun - I think this drama is catered more specifically to the local Korean audience and they have just started preparation to shoot, so I doubt they have enough content to start promoting yet. Once they get some shoot on-going I am sure the promotions will start as well :D

I do agree with @rachelyun - I think this drama is catered more specifically to the local Korean audience and they have just started preparation to shoot, so I doubt they have enough content to start promoting yet. Once they get some shoot on-going I am sure the promotions will start as well :D

On 31.03.2016 at 3:01 AM, rachelyun said:

I was actually looking forward to see Lee Ji Hoon in the script reading but no :(

Oh, yes where is Lee Ji Hoon? 

Maybe you're right about "to local Korean audience" but i'm so waiting this drama, I can't remember when was so excited, and I even don't know why, I mean we all know, that it's not super pasion and romantic story will be, but i'm still can't wait for this, because it's KSR and YSY and LJH...and other!!!:heart:

Archived