[Drama 2016] Mirror of the Witch 마녀보감

Go Seung Ji

This clothes are not doing it for me. I wanted something more "wicked".
I just hope they do take a big stand while coloring/editing the episodes so they can give us that "magic" mood that we all want to see.
A little bit of special effects as well is asking too much? :tears:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, look at the second photo that @rachelyun posted! That's your handsome, brilliant, stern but kind, ingenious yet mischievous YSY/Heo Jun all in one.

That's just like the classic expression that benevolent rulers give in their portraits on old scrolls, except a much younger man without a beard. I like Yoonie's portrayal already!

Still, I agree with Rachel that Kim Sae Ron would be more like a sister. If there is a romance, I would say it's one born out of Heo Jun's sympathy for the witch and any common struggles that they share, rather than the standard "liking each other" story line or even a "hate turns into like" romance. I can see Heo Jun viewing the princess as a nuisance at first, but I can't really see him disliking her that much. And for someone so intelligent and kind, I can't see him being afraid or disgusted by her, either. So yeah, I think romance born out of sympathy is the most likely route here.

Mirror of the Witch Reveals Yoon Si Yoon as Heo Jun and Kim Sae Ron as the Princess Witch

Posted on April 8, 2016 by ockoala

wima1.jpg

My enthusiasm for jTBC fantasy sageuk drama Mirror of the Witch has been on a roller coaster ride since it was announced but has stabilized just in time to appreciate the first peeks at the drama. A well made fantasy sageuk is a rare find such as Joseon X-Files, or can be a hot mess like Records of the Night Watchman, but either way it’s a must watch for me because Yoon Si Yoon is headlining as the male lead in his first post military discharge acting project. So excited I can’t even!

My waffling on the drama comes from exceptionally talented but still oh so young actress Kim Sae Ron being cast as his leading lady, the age gap might be fine in five years when she’s at least twenty years old but she’s 15 going on 16 years old this year (or 17 in Korea years). Since it’s the story of famed doctor Heo Jun as played by Yoon Si Yoon and Kim Sae Ron plays a princess at birth cursed to become a witch, perhaps the romance will be back-burnered to the mystery and intrigue much like in Painter of the Wind. The first stills of the two leads along with script reading pictures all look so so pretty right off the bat.

Spoiler

wima.jpg

wima2.jpg

wima3.jpg

In addition to Yoon Si Yoon and Kim Sae Ron, Mirror of the Witch stars Yeom Jung Ah, Lee Sung Jae, Kwak Shi Yang, and Jang Hee Jin, and the secondary excitement comes from the excellent PD Jo Hyung Tak who directed Maids, Who Are YouDaemul, and Harvest Villa. Mirror of the Witch airs in late May after Ms. Temper and Nam Jung Gi.

cr. http://koalasplayground.com/2016/04/08/mirror-of-the-witch-reveals-yoon-si-yoon-as-heo-jun-and-kim-sae-ron-as-the-princess-witch/

Yoon Si Yoon ventures through an eerie forest in 'Witch Exemplar' stills

TBC's upcoming drama, 'Witch Exemplar,' dropped still cuts of actor Yoon Si Yoon! This is definitely exciting because this will be his first drama comeback since his return from the army. It's been two long years, so welcome back!

The still cuts take you to the Joseon Era with Yoon Si Yoon donning period attire while running through a foggy, mysterious looking forest.  He plays Heo Joon, the passionate and youthful love interest to Princess Seo Ri, who has become a witch.

The stills seen here were taken during the filming on April 4 at the Jeju Forest.  The actor stated, "Because it was my first time returning to a set after a long time, I was nervous at first, but thanks to the good staff and colleagues, I was able to engage in filming with ease and enjoyment.  I think I will be able to show a good production, so my anticipation is high.  I will do my best."  The production crew spared no compliments for the actor, stating that the expressions of the complicated character could not be easy to portray, yet he did a good job as if he had never been gone from the entertainment world.

The drama airs after 'Ms. Temper and Nam Jung Gi' in May.

cr. http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/yoon-si-yoon-ventures-through-an-eerie-forest-in-witch-exemplar-stills

From Kim Sae Ron instagram:

And the queen!! From Jang Hee Jin ig:

The queen is gorgeous! Kim Sae Ron is so pretty too but sorry they look like sisters... :P 

Spoiler

Yoon Si-yoon still cuts from 'Witch Exemplar' first take

2016/04/10 | 185 views | 0 Comment | Permalink | Source

photo710893.jpg

Yoon Si-yoon has proved he is ready to return to the small screen when showing off his upgraded acting skills despite the two year break from the career.

JTBC's new Friday & Saturday drama, "Witch Exemplar", which will take over the airtime from "Ms. Temper and Nam Jung-gi", has revealed some still images of the character Heo Joon played by Yoon Si-yoon from his first take.

The legendary story about youth in Joseon, "Witch Exemplar" depicts the romance between an ill-fated princess Seo-ri, whose heart turned as cold as ice because of wicked spell, and a hot-blooded young man,Heo Joon, who is hiding his burning anger.

The revealed images show Heo Joon wandering around in black forest: The scenes were filmined in Jeju on April 4th.

Yoon Si-yoon who has begun filming full time said, "I was nervous in the beginning because it's been a while. However, I could work comfortably and pleasantly thanks to the help from the great staff and fellow actors. I'm excited because I believe we'll be able to deliver an awesome story. I'll do my best".

cr. http://www.hancinema.net/yoon-si-yoon-still-cuts-from-witch-exemplar--first-take-93315.html

Here are some of MotW IGs. ( https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/마녀보감/  )

I’m guessing these stunt women are supposed to be female shamans who work for their lead shaman??

#jtbc #drama #filming #MotW #stunt woman # Gyeongju #night scene #cold # (?)female shaman-helper

#MotW # Buan video theme park #saguk #jtbc #(?) female shaman-helper # martial arts team #best action #stunt woman #kkkk

Yoon Si-yoon still cuts from 'Witch Exemplar' first take

Spoiler

photo710893.jpg

Yoon Si-yoon has proved he is ready to return to the small screen when showing off his upgraded acting skills despite the two year break from the career.

JTBC's new Friday & Saturday drama, "Witch Exemplar", which will take over the airtime from "Ms. Temper and Nam Jung-gi", has revealed some still images of the character Heo Joon played by Yoon Si-yoon from his first take.

The legendary story about youth in Joseon, "Witch Exemplar" depicts the romance between an ill-fated princess Seo-ri, whose heart turned as cold as ice because of wicked spell, and a hot-blooded young man, Heo Joon, who is hiding his burning anger.

The revealed images show Heo Joon wandering around in black forest: The scenes were filmined in Jeju on April 4th.

Yoon Si-yoon who has begun filming full time said, "I was nervous in the beginning because it's been a while. However, I could work comfortably and pleasantly thanks to the help from the great staff and fellow actors. I'm excited because I believe we'll be able to deliver an awesome story. I'll do my best".

http://www.hancinema.net/yoon-si-yoon-still-cuts-from-witch-exemplar--first-take-93315.html

Like I said before, these outfits are not giving me the "fantasy" feeling as they should. If they keep things like this it's going to be just another historical drama, and let's all be serious in here, we want more "wicked" stuff. Even tho I have to say that the woods photo is giving me what I always wanted +.+ 

WOW. My conscience prickles a little for saying this (or not? :P) but they look AMAZING together! KSR has an elegant aura about her and YSY is so handsome. Their stares make me excited~! It seems like they purposely made her look older. Interesting the cameraman didn't let them touch each other... Although they're still on a bed, whoopsies! :P

16 hours ago, tompark said:

Like I said before, these outfits are not giving me the "fantasy" feeling as they should. If they keep things like this it's going to be just another historical drama, and let's all be serious in here, we want more "wicked" stuff. Even tho I have to say that the woods photo is giving me what I always wanted +.+ 

@tompark Hmm... Agreed. The costumes don't really have a fantasy effect yet. I had been unconsciously imagining shiny Chinese Wuxia costumes. xD Still, they look so good!

I'm not too sure if it's legit, it seems so. I also don't know if it's his real instagram account. 

From Lee Sung Jae instagram:

Also, this :( 

Yoon Shi Yoon and Kim Sae Ron's Cosmopolitan photoshoot

hg1.jpg

Sports Dong A - Naver: 'Mirror of the Witch' Yoon Shi Yoon♥ Kim Sae Ron, "On our acting team up? Really nice"

1. [+2,107, -65] Yoon Shi Yoon's cool.. But woah, Kim Sae Ron's maturity is daebak

2. [+1,451, -36] Yoon Shi Yoon looks so young

3. [+1,312, -34]  He got so much cooler after coming back from the army. An actor I personally wish to do well!!!

4. [+1,499, -278] Even so, I don't think Sae Ron matches him as his leading lady.. There's not much chemistry between them. They just look like an oppa and his little sister..

5. [+1,024, -130] They're basically an adult and a minor, right?

6. [+239, -8] Do they really have to push the adult look by glamming her up like that?

7. [+296, -32] Yoon Shi Yoon's partner in his comeback drama is Kim Sae Ron ㅠ Just unfortunate

8. [+253, -20] But still, Sae Ron is still a kid.. She's a minor. If she was your child, would you want to see her all dressed up and wearing makeup? Is it because she's an actress?.. Sigh

9. [+219, -11] If it's alright to pile on makeup on a minor, make her wear short skirt, have her pose like an adult for a photoshoot and act alongside someone older than her, then why is smoking banned on broadcast?

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/04/yoon-shi-yoon-and-kim-sae-rons.html

Archived