[Current Taiwanese Drama 2016] Love at Seventeen 我和我的十七歲

tompark

@SuperNastar Oh yay! I'm glad it's good with subs! Holiday today so I haven't had time to sit down and watch anything yet, but I'm about to! I wonder if Peter likes swimmer girl [she still hasn't earned her name for me :P] deep down but doesn't want to admit it because of their history? Sometimes I think Peter likes Alice just as a friend and sometimes I think it's more than that. I have to watch it and get back to you! Lol.

I'm not currently watching The Interpreters because I had too much on my plate to add in another drama but now that I have free time I might pick it up. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awww yeeessss! Now we're talking! 

I didn't like swimmer girl being the one to tell Alice about the betrayal because as HY said, it's not Alice's memory. Not letting Alice remember for herself is projecting guilt on Alice for something that they're clearly mistaken about. I think Peter's flashback proved that. 

With the Peter flashback, I wonder if that was before the tent scene? I can't remember if we've seen it before since all the high school parts were 6-7 weeks ago now. If it was before the tent scene then does that mean what happened during that trip was revenge because Alice stuck up for Peter?

Peter is an awesome friend to Alice; I love it! I think it's too late for him to protect her from her high school memories though. That ship sailed once SG started spouting her one sided nonsense about Alice's betrayal. 

HY, what the heck did you write in that letter to Alice?! I'm dying to know here! I'm thinking it's probably a love letter but no way to tell for sure until it actually surfaces. I have a feeling the letter will be with Alice's research journal though. It's probably in a place where she puts the things that are most important to her. It looks like HY once again missed his timing with Alice though. If he had waited longer at the time capsule, he would have met her again since she's clearly the one who dug it up. 

And since Alice is the one who dug up the time capsule, is HY's letter the reason she ultimately decided not to betray the company? Or was it because HY came back into her life? Peter says that Alice got colder in the few months that he was gone, I wonder if those few months were around the time Alice dug up the time capsule and she got colder because of what she read in HY's letter... Maybe HY promised to always be by her side or something like that and adult Alice was upset because, in her mind, it was a lie?

That preview! Finally getting to the romantic parts, yay! Go Hao Yi! Change all the things your 17 year old self did to make Alice think you only wanted to be friends with her! SG is screwed when it comes to Peter. I knew she was already starting to fall for him when we saw the little bit of jealousy at the gym but looks like things between them are going to heat up soon also. 

Can't wait for Saturday!

Was just able to catch up on the show's episodes.  @Misstwilightfan1416Thanks for posting Ninja's recaps.  Not sure how others are feeling, but it seems to me like the show is getting stuck in the "high school" phase....I'm somewhat frustrated that we haven't been able to move forward to start solving the issues at hand....what happened to Alice?  What caused the change in her personality?  Where is the notebook?  Are HHY, SG and sister going to continue to feel justified in their "hurt" over what happened in High School with Alice getting some much needed apologies?

What do you guys think?  

1 hour ago, kismet22 said:

I'm somewhat frustrated that we haven't been able to move forward to start solving the issues at hand....what happened to Alice?

I am too but the problem is that we can't get any of that information until Alice herself remembers. If episode 10 is any indication though, she's starting to remember bits of it so I'm sure the full onslaught of memories will come within the next episode or two. 

As for the 2 girls and HHY, it seems to me that each of them is starting to get over the hurt/anger in their own way. Perhaps being reminded of how Alice was at 17 is making them each slowly realize that maybe they were mistaken about her motives/actions in the past? That's another thing we'll have to wait and see though. 

I'm honestly most frustrated at the subbing progress lately. We can't even have real discussions about it because the episode isn't fully subbed on any site until the day/night before an episode airs. We're at a disadvantage here, not being able to speak the language. :tears:

@phikyl Agreed.  We keep getting hints regarding "the secret".  The bullies at school.......I found it interesting that Peter was adamant that once Alice remembers she will not want to be with HHY (last episode). 

I predict that the research notebook is at the comic store shelved in the Naruto section

i hope we find out soon -there needs to be ample time for some serious - "I'm sorry" by the three of them.  It's been hard to see Alice accepting their hurt feelings and blame as "truth" so I'm ready for a change in everyone's attitude. Here's crossing my fingers that a shift starts next episode.

The subbing is slow....looking forward to catching up next week

@kismet22 I haven't seen episode 10 with subs yet [though the subbing is done on Viki] but I keep waiting for a revelation about something really bad happening in Alice's past too. I wonder if something happened to her while she was waiting for the girls and HY at the tree that day. Something that we haven't seen yet? Maybe that one bully who pretended to be Peter found Alice there and did something that would cause her to immediately transfer schools and have a major shift in personality. 

Haha! The Naruto shelf. I didn't even think about that. But if that were true, HY should have found it already when they did the Naruto binge, right? Or does he just own all the volumes now and only goes to the book rental store for the new ones? I think the notebook is somewhere with all the stuff from the time capsule. I'm not sure where but I'm fairly certain it's all together, HY will be the one to find it, and there will be a revelation of some sort for him. Alice put her notebook in the capsule right? So that's probably when/where HY finally realizes that Alice liked him when they were 17 too and that will somehow lead to them reconciling completely as adults. 

Agreed on the shift needing to really get going next week. In my opinion, it started with this episode though. There's little hints here and there about the girls being more accepting of Alice again; Xiao Fen particularly. Hao Yi is the one that's been regressing lately...

@kismet22 I finally watched with subs so I can see why you think the research journal might be with the Naruto books. Alice seemed to be dreaming her old memories when she was sick so maybe she also dreamed where she put the research? She seems to be stuck on the Naruto books and it can't just be because her mind is stuck at 17. 

I'm liking Lei Lei more and more with Peter because she seems to be able to bring the better parts of him out again. He doesn't always seem as vengeful as he did in the beginning. I'm still on the fence about LL and Alice being friends again even though there are signs that LL is starting to soften towards Alice. 

I also think that Peter himself is starting to like LL again, if he hasn't fallen for her already. In my opinion, he either doesn't realize his feelings or doesn't want to admit them. I'm leaning towards the latter. I do think that Peter will eventually spill about the issue between him and Alice at some point. I'm pretty sure the issue between them is that Alice was targeted by the bullies because she helped Peter. 

I really don't think that Alice ever liked Peter in the same way that she likes Hao Yi. I'm positive it's just another misunderstanding on HY's part because I've never seen any indication that Alice has those types of feelings for Peter. Even as adults, I caught glimpses of Alice's growing feelings towards Hao Yi but I never got that with Peter. I feel like Alice has only ever liked Hao Yi but that she was too hurt by what happened in the past to really let him get close again. I did love the chase reversal though, Hao Yi chased Alice for more than 13 years. It was about time we got to see Alice chase him too. 

Lots of questions cropped up for me... as usual.

• Were the high school flashbacks just HY remembering or was that a glimpse of Alice getting some of her memories back?
  • Why is Peter so certain that Alice and Hao Yi won't be together when Alice gets her memory back? Even as adults, Alice and Hao Yi were becoming close again before Alice lost her memory. 
  • What's the big secret Peter has been keeping for Alice? I can understand why we don't get it yet because we need to wait until Alice has her memories back to understand but you would think they'd at least give us some hints! Maybe I'm just missing them?
  • Alice seemed to definitely regain some memories during the dance scene. Why then? What triggered those memories and does that mean more memories will start to be triggered from similar events happening?
  • Does Lei Lei have a habit of saying the opposite of what she means? She tells Peter that she doesn't want to be with him when she clearly does. Maybe it was the same in high school? She possibly still had interest in him because he clearly knew her in a way most people didn't but because she was beautiful/popular, she coldly rejected him? 
  • Where did the second clover in Hao Yi's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland book come from? Is that the one Alice dropped at the tree the day she was waiting for them and they didn't come?
  • Hao Yi says that he's getting a taste of his own medicine; how? Does anyone understand that part because it's eluding me.
  • Does anyone know the name of that instrumental score that plays in the background of the dance scene? It also plays during the bridge jump scene a few episodes ago. I love it but I still haven't been able to find it...

21 hours ago, phikyl said:

@kismet22 I finally watched with subs so I can see why you think the research journal might be with the Naruto books. Alice seemed to be dreaming her old memories when she was sick so maybe she also dreamed where she put the research? She seems to be stuck on the Naruto books and it can't just be because her mind is stuck at 17. The best place to hide a book/research journal is in a place with a lot of books.  Naruto would be something the CEO would not associate with Alice.  It would be funny if the Otaku Café ends up being the hiding place for her journal.

I'm liking Lei Lei more and more with Peter because she seems to be able to bring the better parts of him out again. He doesn't always seem as vengeful as he did in the beginning. I'm still on the fence about LL and Alice being friends again even though there are signs that LL is starting to soften towards Alice. 

I don't like Lei Lei.  I can't find anything in her character/personality worth appreciating.  It's always about her.  I don't see much growth in her character whether associated with Older Alice/17 Year old Alice, Peter, HHY and the Sister.  Any softening I see in her is a direct result of situations that impact her in a positive way. 

I also think that Peter himself is starting to like LL again, if he hasn't fallen for her already. In my opinion, he either doesn't realize his feelings or doesn't want to admit them. I'm leaning towards the latter. I do think that Peter will eventually spill about the issue between him and Alice at some point. I'm pretty sure the issue between them is that Alice was targeted by the bullies because she helped Peter.

I agree, the only clues we have so far point to the school bullies.  I do think that Peter is starting to like LL.  However, LL hasn't shown much emotional growth and I think Peter is conflicted.  He seems to be often reminded of the differences between LL and Alice.  LL is about herself and what looks good for her and Alice, is about others.  It's more obvious as her 17 phase plays out.  He's trying to figure out if he can be a good enough friend to Alice as she has been to him.

I really don't think that Alice ever liked Peter in the same way that she likes Hao Yi. I'm positive it's just another misunderstanding on HY's part because I've never seen any indication that Alice has those types of feelings for Peter. Even as adults, I caught glimpses of Alice's growing feelings towards Hao Yi but I never got that with Peter. I feel like Alice has only ever liked Hao Yi but that she was too hurt by what happened in the past to really let him get close again. I did love the chase reversal though, Hao Yi chased Alice for mor

• Were the high school flashbacks just HY remembering or was that a glimpse of Alice getting some of her memories back? I think both are remembering. Yes, I think that she is starting to remember...definitely when she was putting her hand in his at the dinner.
  • Why is Peter so certain that Alice and Hao Yi won't be together when Alice gets her memory back? Even as adults, Alice and Hao Yi were becoming close again before Alice lost her memory. Good question.  I wonder if Peter knows more about what HHY is doing at JSUT and his role with getting close to Alice?  or perhaps because of what happened to Alice...
  • What's the big secret Peter has been keeping for Alice? I can understand why we don't get it yet because we need to wait until Alice has her memories back to understand but you would think they'd at least give us some hints! Maybe I'm just missing them?  I feel your frustration!  No, you are not missing any hints or clues....
  • Alice seemed to definitely regain some memories during the dance scene. Why then? What triggered those memories and does that mean more memories will start to be triggered from similar events happening? I hope so....please memories come back soon...the plot needs you...
  • Does Lei Lei have a habit of saying the opposite of what she means? She tells Peter that she doesn't want to be with him when she clearly does. Maybe it was the same in high school? She possibly still had interest in him because he clearly knew her in a way most people didn't but because she was beautiful/popular, she coldly rejected him? Lei Lei needs some time with Dr. Phil.  She is one complicated character in the sense that she can't seem to grow some "humble" and "kindness" and a whole garden of "reality check" and "forgiveness"
  • Where did the second clover in Hao Yi's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland book come from? Is that the one Alice dropped at the tree the day she was waiting for them and they didn't come? I bet you are right...
  • Hao Yi says that he's getting a taste of his own medicine; how? Does anyone understand that part because it's eluding me. I think it's in reference to being "ignored" ?  Not sure?I
  • Does anyone know the name of that instrumental score that plays in the background of the dance scene? It also plays during the bridge jump scene a few episodes ago. I love it but I still haven't been able to find it...I went back and listened-it is nice...don't know it.

Looking forward to catching up on the next episode.  Have a great week

If Facebook translations are right, it looks like we don't get a new episode next week. Something else is airing in that timeslot. :tears:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. The facebook translations are hard to decipher. :sweatingbullets:

Just watched ep 11 of "Love at Seventeen".  I'm a bit confused...and conflicted by this episode.  For starters we get more information,

*  Alice starts to get her High School memories back (only the good ones-).

*  Alice and HHY grow closer and we see sweet moments between them as both have confessed their feelings.

*  Alice starts a process of learning more about her fellow work colleagues and "friends" to try to fill in the missing memories etc.

*  Lei Lei and Peter are finding some common ground..

*  More is revealed about Alice's time at school after the camping "incident"

I still find the pace of the show frustrating and @phikyl you are right....we have 13 days before the next episode.  There is a lot that needs to be revealed, worked through and forgiven so I'm hoping that we don't have a rushed ending....

There is nothing new regarding the experiments/research log mystery.  However, what I learned about HHY, Lei Lei , Sister and Peter in this last episode was surprising.

Please don't read further as there may be spoilers...

1)  I need some clarification, but what I took from this episode is that HHY, Lei Lei and Sister all ignored Alice for a whole semester at school plus a summer break?  If so, this was without a doubt extreme.  It was during this time that Alice was continuously harassed, ostracized and bullied.  Some directed and blatantly ignored by Lei Lei.  There is a heartbreaking scene in the girls bathroom....This is the period of time, that is a catalyst for Peter's transformation and clearly it's not for recognition by Lei Lei but for protection of Alice.

2) In a revealing conversation between Peter and HHY (Finally!  Finally! Finally!  Thank you Peter you awesome man better late than never!!) Peter "drops some learning" on HHY about the hell that Alice suffered at the hands of the student body while Lei Lei, Sister and HHY stood by and didn't support her.  He slams HHY on "knowing better" what happened at the camping site and never being there for Alice...even thought HHY tries to defend himself, he (for the first time) sees how pathetic, and flimsy his excuses are and for the first time starts to realize (duh!) that maybe he/them weren't the "abandoned" ones and that they did in fact inflict more damage.  One of my favorite lines out of the dialog was, "why didn't she come to me" (HHY) and Peter responds, "why would she go to you when you supported your sister and her best friend Lei Lei"

3) HHY cautions Peter on his interactions with Lei Lei "I know what you are trying to do but don't take it too far" do you think that it means that he knows that Peter is going to get Lei Lei to fall in love and humiliate her like she humiliated him?  (Go for it Peter!  after this episode the Queen needs to be crushed!)

4) Of interest is that Peter does not know why Alice transferred schools but we keep getting more of a glimpse that it may have had something to do with the bullies targeting her.  In the preview of the next episode, we see HHY beating up Q (who pretended to be Peter) but Q doesn't seem to have much of a clue.  Something in the back of my mind wonders if the impetus for Alice leaving and transferring to another school has something to do with Lei Lei's father.  At the start of the show, he was against Lei Lei and Alice being friends might be a stretch....IDK

5) I liked how HHY is starting to understand how his actions, or in-action and lack of forgiveness, communications as well as his sister and Lei Lei hurt Alice.  That maybe they were the ones that drove her away (Can I hear a Finally!!)

Last comments, I am still on the fence about HHY.  I like Peter's character better.  I'm wondering if HHY really deserves Alice. 

The other thing  I thought was odd was that HHY just put two and two together....that Peter is THE Peter/Secret Friend Peter?  I thought for some reason that it had already been addressed at the camping incident....so what's with the big epiphany by HHY at this point?  Can someone explain?

26 minutes ago, kismet22 said:

The other thing  I thought was odd was that HHY just put two and two together....that Peter is THE Peter/Secret Friend Peter?  I thought for some reason that it had already been addressed at the camping incident....so what's with the big epiphany by HHY at this point?  Can someone explain?

If I recall right, Hao Yi walked away right after seeing Alice in the tent with Qi Tai so he wasn't around for the Peter reveal, only the girls were. Don't have time right now to respond to everything [plus haven't seen the ep with english subs] but I'll respond to your longer post asap. :)

I'm definitely more conflicted about this episode too though. 

On June 13, 2016 at 2:10 PM, phikyl said:

@kismet22 I finally watched with subs so I can see why you think the research journal might be with the Naruto books. Alice seemed to be dreaming her old memories when she was sick so maybe she also dreamed where she put the research? She seems to be stuck on the Naruto books and it can't just be because her mind is stuck at 17. 

I really don't think that Alice ever liked Peter in the same way that she likes Hao Yi. I'm positive it's just another misunderstanding on HY's part because I've never seen any indication that Alice has those types of feelings for Peter. Even as adults, I caught glimpses of Alice's growing feelings towards Hao Yi but I never got that with Peter. I feel like Alice has only ever liked Hao Yi but that she was too hurt by what happened in the past to really let him get close again. I did love the chase reversal though, Hao Yi chased Alice for more than 13 years. It was about time we got to see Alice chase him too. 

• Were the high school flashbacks just HY remembering or was that a glimpse of Alice getting some of her memories back?
  • Why is Peter so certain that Alice and Hao Yi won't be together when Alice gets her memory back? Even as adults, Alice and Hao Yi were becoming close again before Alice lost her memory. 
  • What's the big secret Peter has been keeping for Alice? I can understand why we don't get it yet because we need to wait until Alice has her memories back to understand but you would think they'd at least give us some hints! Maybe I'm just missing them?
  • Alice seemed to definitely regain some memories during the dance scene. Why then? What triggered those memories and does that mean more memories will start to be triggered from similar events happening?
  • Does Lei Lei have a habit of saying the opposite of what she means? She tells Peter that she doesn't want to be with him when she clearly does. Maybe it was the same in high school? She possibly still had interest in him because he clearly knew her in a way most people didn't but because she was beautiful/popular, she coldly rejected him? 
  • Where did the second clover in Hao Yi's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland book come from? Is that the one Alice dropped at the tree the day she was waiting for them and they didn't come?
  • Hao Yi says that he's getting a taste of his own medicine; how? Does anyone understand that part because it's eluding me.
  • Does anyone know the name of that instrumental score that plays in the background of the dance scene? It also plays during the bridge jump scene a few episodes ago. I love it but I still haven't been able to find it...

Oops...tried to respond to @phikyl but hit wrong button....sorry everyone for reposting and old one.  Anyway, @phikyl you are right on (as usual) HHY did walk away before the Peter reveal at campsite.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to your next post.  Your comments are always great - insightful and thought provoking. 

Enjoy the episode

@kismet22 Lol! I’m not always right but I do have a knack for remembering details like that.

Sorry for the novel this time around guys but this episode really put me through the emotional wringer and gave me lots of things to contemplate. It started out light and happy at the beginning and ended with all the feels! I have lots of comments swirling around in my head but these are the ones that are coherent at the moment.

Honestly, here’s what I foresee happening in order for Hao Yi and Alice to firmly be a couple again once Alice regains all her memories. Something is going to happen that’s going to be a replay of the high school camping trip only this time, Hao Yi will side with Alice; no matter what. It’s probably going to be something to do with the research logs and the evil minions. The entire company is going to side against Alice or something. I’m sure Peter won’t and probably those she’s made friends with recently/worked with before but I could see everyone else siding against her.

I’m on the fence about the boys. If it weren’t for knowing that Peter likes Lei Lei and Alice likes Hao Yi, I would probably want Alice to end up with Peter. Their friendship is the type of friendship that I like to see turn into a relationship in dramas. It’s very reminiscent of high school Alice and Hao Yi. I’m really glad Alice has a friend like Peter who will stick by her through anything, and who improved himself in order to be able to keep her happy through protecting her.

The actor who plays Song Han Ming/Peter is extremely good, as is Lego Li. I don’t speak more than 5 words of Mandarin but I always watch the episodes first without subs and this was the first time in a long while that I understood a conversation just through facial expressions. The entire conversation Peter had with Hao Yi about the tent incident was clear because of the visible emotions on both their faces. I didn’t need subs to know exactly what was being said. When I went back and watched it again with subs, I was spot on about everything that was said between them too so props to the actors for doing an absolutely fantastic job there.

I understand why everyone is up in arms about Hao Yi not being good for Alice this episode but he can’t keep being punished for a mistake he made when he was 17. He paid the price for it by losing the person he loved most for 13 years and having to search for her all this time. Plus, all the guilt he’s feeling about everything as he learns more about what went on. Also, Hao Yi made his choice when he and Peter were talking. Peter asked him to keep a secret and then basically told him to choose between Lei Lei/Xiao Fen and Alice/Peter. Hao Yi chose Alice and Peter by saying Peter shouldn’t take it too far because it might not be something Alice would like and again by not making Xiao Fen food/not letting Alice make her food. He’s definitely choosing Alice this time around.

The script keeps circling around this Alice-disappearing-again thing so I’m thinking that might actually happen at some point. This time, I’m fairly certain Hao Yi would disappear with her though. I think I may have said that before but it bears repeating since this line has come up multiple times now.

I still think that something more happened with Qi Tai that nobody but Alice knows about. Based on the preview where Hao Yi goes to beat up Qi Tai though, I’m guessing whatever Hao Yi figured out about what happened had to be pretty bad. He didn’t know what Alice meant by the diary page we saw him read in the preview so I wonder how he figures it out. Does Alice remember? Does Hao Yi do some digging?

At first, I was willing to give Lei Lei the benefit of the doubt and say that she didn’t hear Alice calling for help because of her headphones. Being someone who walks around with headphones all day, I could understand her not being able to hear anything...but then they showed Lei Lei looking up at Alice and ignoring what’s going on. I’m all about innocent until proven guilty but it’s not looking good for Lei Lei right now. If this doesn’t all turn out to be a misunderstanding somehow, I do not want Alice and Lei Lei to be friends again.

Hao Yi didn’t know about the girls bullying Alice because the boys’ and girls’ classes are separate so I can let him off the hook a bit. Xiao Fen definitely knew that the girls were ignoring Alice but it doesn’t look like she knew about the harsher bullying so I can let her slide a little too; especially since she’s making an effort to be friends with Alice again now. Lei Lei? As far as I can tell, Lei Lei knew about all of this and even possibly instigated some of it so I’m not willing to let her off the hook if it wasn’t a misunderstanding somehow. There would need to be some major groveling from her in order for me to be okay with Lei Lei and Alice becoming friends again.

It’s clear to me that Peter wants Lei Lei to fall in love with him, and admit it out loud. What’s not so clear is what he plans to do after that. Any ideas?

It has to be something that would hurt Lei Lei or he wouldn’t need to keep secret the fact that he’s the same Peter from high school. Nor would he have gotten a warning from Hao Yi about taking it too far if he wasn’t planning something hurtful/humiliating. I could have sworn Lei Lei had figured out the Peter thing already though. Am I remembering wrong? Maybe Peter just doesn’t know that she already knows?

This part is in direct response to your questions/comments @kismet22. In spoiler because it's almost as long as the above novel...

Spoiler

1) Yep! They definitely ignored her for the entire semester and summer break. Here, again, I can excuse Hao Yi a tiny bit as the boys’ and girls’ classrooms are separate. It was obvious that he didn’t know the girls were still avoiding Alice that whole time as he was surprised when he learned that fact on the day Alice texted them wanting to explain and nobody went. I do think it was very extreme of them to ignore her for that long and I’ll admit that learning the cold war went on for that long made me think twice about Alice being with Hao Yi. And this is coming from the biggest Alice/Hao Yi supporter…

2) Yes! I loved that whole scene and I totally called it that Peter would spill the beans about what really happened in the tent. I can't say I was too surprised by the revelation as I thought it would be something along those lines. For someone who is supposed to be really smart, I find it ridiculous that Hao Yi had that question about why Alice didn't come to him.

Put yourself in Alice's shoes Hao Yi. All three of your "best friends" are blatantly ignoring you and the ostracizing/bullying going on. The one person you would usually rely on is related to someone who is instigating the ostracizing in the first place. Would you go to said person, Hao Yi?! Come on now!

3) I do think that that’s what Peter’s planning to do also, but I think it’s going to backfire on him. He may think he can get revenge without hurting himself in the process but I really don’t think he can. I know the majority of his change was to be able to protect Alice but he admits that part of the reason was for Lei Lei. You don’t instigate this kind of change for someone if you don’t have strong feelings for them and those are the kind of feelings that may get buried or wane over time; but they don’t completely disappear. In the process of hurting Lei Lei, he’s going to do one of three things.

a. hurt himself as well

b. ostracize himself from Alice because she doesn’t agree with his decision

c. realize that hurting Lei Lei isn’t what he really wants and have to backtrack to try to win her over again

4) I don’t think Lei Lei’s father had anything to do with Alice’s transfer. Lei Lei was already ignoring Alice so he wouldn’t have a reason to worry about their friendship at the time. It would be different if the transfer had happened after LL/XF/Alice had become friends again. If that were the case, I’d be entertaining the same thoughts as you. I still believe that Qi Tai did something horrible to Alice that we haven’t seen yet.

5) First things first, as requested :P; FINALLY! I’d been getting tired of all of them putting all the blame on Alice for what happened but not acknowledging that part of it was their fault. FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY Hao Yi is starting to realize that he himself is partially to blame for the way everything panned out back in high school! I did like that Hao Yi told his sister he hated her for what she did to Alice but of course Xiao Fen has no idea what he’s talking about.

The thing that has me giving Hao Yi a lot of free passes for things that happened in the past is the way he’s addressing everything now. We all know that he can’t change what happened back then but he’s doing his best to make Alice happy now, and to do everything he can to win her over again.

It wasn’t exactly an easy road for Hao Yi, getting the 30 year old Alice to let him in again, so it’s not like he’s trying to take the easy way out or anything. The fact that he alone went to the meet up site, he alone searched for Alice for 13 years, and he alone pushed through multiple rebuffs from 30-year-old Alice says a lot to me about the regrets he has and how much he wants to change certain things he did back then. So yes, I'm willing to say that he doesn't deserve to be completely kicked out of the running of "who's-the-best-for-Alice" competition. We also have to take into account Alice's feelings here too. While she doesn't have all of her memories back yet, she still said something that struck a chord with me.

Alice says something about how it feels like what's between her and Hao Yi is fate [kismet. ha!]. If her feelings for him were/are strong enough for her to say that, I'm willing to bet they were the same even when cold Alice was trying to stay away from him. I do believe that her high school feelings for Hao Yi didn't change, they just got buried. Now that he's back in her life, they were being dug up again through all the caring gestures Hao Yi made. There's also the fact that pre-surgery Alice made a bucket list of things to do so she'd have no regrets. Hao Yi was on it but I'm pretty sure the girls were not. This says to me that even pre-surgery, cold Alice had solid feelings for Hao Yi still/again.

I can’t believe we have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode! I think I might die of curiosity! Guess I’ll probably re-watch the entire series to try and catch anything I missed out on the first time around.

Archived