[Current Taiwanese Drama 2016] Love at Seventeen 我和我的十七歲

tompark

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/26/2016 at 11:31 AM, carmens said:

BTW  is that book so great that two people around 30 to pull hair for her?

I'm pretty sure that's a Naruto novel. Lol!

I was looking on the facebook page to see if they'd posted any mid-week teasers but it looks like the ones we got on Saturday are all that we get for the week. :tears:

24 minutes ago, kdramalovers said:

Just caught up with this amazing drama!! Can't wait for the next episode:blush:

I love the ost so much! Do anybody know where I can download the ost?  

Yay! Another person to fangirl with me! Love that more people are becoming interested in this drama.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Taiwanese dramas don't usually release the soundtracks until after the show is over so you probably won't be able to find the full thing until then. 

@Uume hyun found a youtube playlist with a few of the songs though. I've re-linked it below for easy access. :D

P.S. Adore your sig! The romance in D-Day was much better than I expected. :wub:

Less than 24 hours guys! Am I the only one bouncing in my seat from excitement that the adult part is about to really get going?!

@jovialkitty It really doesn't. I've been keeping an eye on both facebook pages but only Refresh Man has continuous updates throughout the week. It makes me sad. They're missing out on getting more exposure for the show via likes and shares!

Anybody else invested enough to watch raws yet? Or am I the only one?

It is so sad that after Alice left, her two best friends did not even bother to look for her and they just moved on. Think only Haoyi is feeling bad that none of them bother to go and meet her before her disappearance and I believe only Haoyi has been searching for her for the 13 years of her disappearance.

Can't blame Alice for being emotionless and acting cool and cold towards all of them, in the first place they have wronged her and did not even allow her a chance to explain. What type of friends are they?

5 hours ago, jovialkitty said:

It is so sad that after Alice left, her two best friends did not even bother to look for her and they just moved on. Think only Haoyi is feeling bad that none of them bother to go and meet her before her disappearance and I believe only Haoyi has been searching for her for the 13 years of her disappearance.

Can't blame Alice for being emotionless and acting cool and cold towards all of them, in the first place they have wronged her and did not even allow her a chance to explain. What type of friends are they?

I haven't watched with subs yet but ugh! What kind of "friend" does that?!? Other than Hao Yi, Alice is better off without them! To not even give her a chance to explain is just messed up. The funny thing is, the only one who had a good reason to be upset [Hao Yi] is also the only one who bothered to look for Alice. 

any spoiler????? @phikyl you always came with some spoilers... im waiting for you, but i guess, you're kinda busy in either taek's room nor Wk's room :P seriously.. what so happening with our hero and heroin in 17?

or @jovialkitty ???

reading you comments guys, i agree. what kind of friends they are??? ckckck...i hope they won't be friends anymore, hehe...

@SuperNastar Sorry, I got caught up in DotS while waiting for subs. Haven't watched with subs yet. Lol! Plus this episode raw made me want to smack those so called "friends" of Alice. Grawr!

I'll watch with subs now and get back to you. :D

Alright. Back with my thoughts @SuperNastar. I had 4 pages of notes for this episode so bear with me. Lol!

Alice: I have so much sympathy for Alice right now. She went through all that trouble in high school trying to protect her friends from being hurt and came out with almost nothing to show for it. It's not like she did anything wrong but her "friends" wouldn't even listen to her explanation. She tried to explain it to them all and the girls wouldn't even give her the time of day. No wonder she transferred schools and cut all ties with them! She comes across as a robot to others but she just seems really lonely to me. 

Hao Yi: I was right; HY did look for Alice for the past 13 years. It seems like he was the only one to do that too. I thought it was very mature of him to attempt to meet Alice when she wanted to talk to them, even though he was late and ended up missing her. Clearly he regrets that choice now and I'm seriously holding out hope that when/if the time travel kicks in, he gets a partial re-do too; just to fix the timing that day if nothing else. I really liked the fact that HY chooses to approach Alice and try to mend/re-build the bridges with her, even though so much time has passed that the effort might be completely wasted. The way HY imagined Alice becoming more like her old self after drinking was seriously cute. It really showed just how much he's missed her all this time. It makes me both happy and sad that he missed her as much as he did though. Happy that he did miss her and sad that if he had come at the appointed time, their lives would be so much different now. I'm really glad he told her about how he went to meet her, called her, went to her house, etc. I hope knowing that helps Alice open up to him a bit since she should now realize that he really did want to hear what she had to say. 

Peter: When I first watched the preview last week, I thought I would be irritated by Peter jumping into the situations between Alice and HY but it turns out that I'm not. I actually like it because Peter has proven himself to be Alice's true friend throughout the years by sticking around. I think he's in the right when he tries to protect Alice from being hurt even though it interferes with our OTP getting reacquainted. I knew it would be him who sent the breakfasts too! Love, love, love the digs Peter gets in on HY because HY doesn't realize that Peter knows all the players in this game from high school too. Whether or not he's just doing it to protect Alice or if he actually has feelings for her now remains to be seen. 

The "friends": I dislike Swimmer Girl with great intensity! I can't even put into words how much I dislike her right now [props to the actress for making me hate the character already] so instead, she does not have a name. Henceforth she shall be known as Swimmer Girl. SG seems to have turned into such a nasty, hateful adult. The way she gave "advice" to her new assistant came across as veiled insults. And the way she tells HY to just move on from the past, even though we all know she owes Alice an apology, really doesn't sit well with me. If she wants to pretend that she and Alice never met that's one thing. But there's no reason for her to try to get HY to do the same thing. :angry:Alice's old friends just suck. End of story. I hope that if Peter decides to take revenge, he succeeds. 

General thoughts/questions:

How can Alice's friends forget her?!? What the heck?! I have moved many times in my life and have not forgotten anyone that I considered a close friend so how exactly can they just "forget" someone who used to be their best friend?!

The lab director guy said something about not letting HY suspect. They don't want HY to suspect what? What exactly IS the experiment anyways? Something harmful maybe? It would explain the preview where Alice is diagnosed with a tumor.

Alice isn't the only one who made mistakes that need to be fixed in high school, the others did too. At this point though, I'm not sure I want any of the others besides HY to get a re-do. The girls don't seem to regret anything about how they treated Alice during the incident in school so I don't think they deserve to get a re-do on fixing their friendship with her. Real friends wouldn't pull those kind of stunts. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't go the fatal illness route show! I know the tumor is supposed to be 50/50 chance of surviving the operation but I really don't want to have the OTP fix the issues in their relationship only to have Alice die. I would probably throw things in frustration if they go this route!

I thought it was kind of weird that there was so much focus put on that pudding in this episode. Is it really just product placement or is the pudding somehow the mechanism for Alice to travel back to her 17 year old self? If it's the pudding, HY had some too so maybe he'll travel back with her. 

42 minutes ago, phikyl said:

Alright. Back with my thoughts @SuperNastar. I had 4 pages of notes for this episode so bear with me. Lol!

Alice: I have so much sympathy for Alice right now. She went through all that trouble in high school trying to protect her friends from being hurt and came out with almost nothing to show for it. It's not like she did anything wrong but her "friends" wouldn't even listen to her explanation. She tried to explain it to them all and the girls wouldn't even give her the time of day. No wonder she transferred schools and cut all ties with them! She comes across as a robot to others but she just seems really lonely to me. 

Hao Yi: I was right; HY did look for Alice for the past 13 years. It seems like he was the only one to do that too. I thought it was very mature of him to attempt to meet Alice when she wanted to talk to them, even though he was late and ended up missing her. Clearly he regrets that choice now and I'm seriously holding out hope that when/if the time travel kicks in, he gets a partial re-do too; just to fix the timing that day if nothing else. I really liked the fact that HY chooses to approach Alice and try to mend/re-build the bridges with her, even though so much time has passed that the effort might be completely wasted. The way HY imagined Alice becoming more like her old self after drinking was seriously cute. It really showed just how much he's missed her all this time. It makes me both happy and sad that he missed her as much as he did though. Happy that he did miss her and sad that if he had come at the appointed time, their lives would be so much different now. I'm really glad he told her about how he went to meet her, called her, went to her house, etc. I hope knowing that helps Alice open up to him a bit since she should now realize that he really did want to hear what she had to say. 

Peter: When I first watched the preview last week, I thought I would be irritated by Peter jumping into the situations between Alice and HY but it turns out that I'm not. I actually like it because Peter has proven himself to be Alice's true friend throughout the years by sticking around. I think he's in the right when he tries to protect Alice from being hurt even though it interferes with our OTP getting reacquainted. I knew it would be him who sent the breakfasts too! Love, love, love the digs Peter gets in on HY because HY doesn't realize that Peter knows all the players in this game from high school too. Whether or not he's just doing it to protect Alice or if he actually has feelings for her now remains to be seen. 

The "friends": I dislike Swimmer Girl with great intensity! I can't even put into words how much I dislike her right now [props to the actress for making me hate the character already] so instead, she does not have a name. Henceforth she shall be known as Swimmer Girl. SG seems to have turned into such a nasty, hateful adult. The way she gave "advice" to her new assistant came across as veiled insults. And the way she tells HY to just move on from the past, even though we all know she owes Alice an apology, really doesn't sit well with me. If she wants to pretend that she and Alice never met that's one thing. But there's no reason for her to try to get HY to do the same thing. :angry:Alice's old friends just suck. End of story. I hope that if Peter decides to take revenge, he succeeds. 

General thoughts/questions:

How can Alice's friends forget her?!? What the heck?! I have moved many times in my life and have not forgotten anyone that I considered a close friend so how exactly can they just "forget" someone who used to be their best friend?!

The lab director guy said something about not letting HY suspect. They don't want HY to suspect what? What exactly IS the experiment anyways? Something harmful maybe? It would explain the preview where Alice is diagnosed with a tumor.

Alice isn't the only one who made mistakes that need to be fixed in high school, the others did too. At this point though, I'm not sure I want any of the others besides HY to get a re-do. The girls don't seem to regret anything about how they treated Alice during the incident in school so I don't think they deserve to get a re-do on fixing their friendship with her. Real friends wouldn't pull those kind of stunts. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't go the fatal illness route show! I know the tumor is supposed to be 50/50 chance of surviving the operation but I really don't want to have the OTP fix the issues in their relationship only to have Alice die. I would probably throw things in frustration if they go this route!

I thought it was kind of weird that there was so much focus put on that pudding in this episode. Is it really just product placement or is the pudding somehow the mechanism for Alice to travel back to her 17 year old self? If it's the pudding, HY had some too so maybe he'll travel back with her. 

waaaaah, thank youuuu ^^

i watched some scenes and skipped some scenes but your explanation makes me understand some things i missed while skipping the scenes. tonight i need to watch it again full.

travel back... i wonder if this drama has 'fiction' in it. i mean... with fatal illness.. then... so many misunderstanding... how to fix this? im curious.

and Peter... does he really like Ai Li Shi??? hmm... im super curious. give me 2 or 3 episodes in a week, i won't ask for more, lols

19 minutes ago, SuperNastar said:

travel back... i wonder if this drama has 'fiction' in it. i mean... with fatal illness.. then... so many misunderstanding... how to fix this? im curious.

I'm still not even sure that the travelling back to age 17 is going to happen. My assumption is based off the show synopsis and the fact that the opening/closing sequences have high school scenes that we haven't seen yet [like HY and Alice dancing in a hallway at school]. It's still early in the show though so there's time for that to happen!

If adult Alice is the only one to go back, she would have to re-do pretty much everything from that stretch of time and be more open with the girls if she wants to keep their friendship. But on the flip side of that coin, what about Peter? If she changes things to where she tells the girls about Peter's real identity then I'm not sure Alice and Peter would be friends in the present. Personally, I'd prefer her to only fix things with HY. I want her to keep her friendship with Peter and HY but not with the girls. What have those girls done to deserve a friend like Alice? Let her take the blame for something she didn't do, doubt her motives for keeping a secret and then not listen to her explanation of events? Sounds like true friendship to me. ./end sarcasm.

Even 2-3 episodes a week wouldn't be enough if the show stays this interesting! Always need more more more!

53 minutes ago, phikyl said:

If adult Alice is the only one to go back, she would have to re-do pretty much everything from that stretch of time and be more open with the girls if she wants to keep their friendship. But on the flip side of that coin, what about Peter? If she changes things to where she tells the girls about Peter's real identity then I'm not sure Alice and Peter would be friends in the present. Personally, I'd prefer her to only fix things with HY. I want her to keep her friendship with Peter and HY but not with the girls. What have those girls done to deserve a friend like Alice? Let her take the blame for something she didn't do, doubt her motives for keeping a secret and then not listen to her explanation of events? Sounds like true friendship to me. ./end sarcasm.

agree. even for the present and future time, i won't like her to be friends with them again... totally disappointed with their so called friendship.

i seriously wnat her to keep the friendship with Peter instead choosing those girls. peter, he keeps by her side in bad or good times. it'll be a great mistake to lose someone like him.

agree, just fix things with HY. cuz we know they love each other.

but did you realize how handsome Lego in this drama??? his smirk, his smile, his grin, his gaze, his laugh... aaaahh, melting me. aaahhh... he's sooo freaking handsome... but, peter is also handsome. lucky ai li shi. haha

My lurking of the facebook page has finally paid off. We've got extended previews this week! :w00t: Both vids are a mix of scenes we saw in the preview from ep 4 and new scenes. 

I really liked this drama until they pulled the sickness card

This is not a time travelling drama second chance drama, synopsis probably means the second chance comes from meeting again after 13 yrs and how they would proceed this time, do they learn from past mistakes or not

@dekaron Yeah, I admit I could be wrong about the time travel but the synopsis literally says she "wakes up one day to find she has returned to her 17 year old self" which implies time travel. I know they write these ahead of time though so it could be completely off. 

I too am completely miffed that they pulled the sickness card. It's early in the game and there's plenty of plot to work with still, they didn't need it. :crazy: Maybe we'll get lucky and it's a mis-diagnosis that allows our leads to get closer again. If they go the route of "The Way We Were," I'm going to be pissed. At least that one I expected it because of the title...

Archived