[Drama 2016] The Royal Gambler 대박

Go Seung Ji

Nam Dokkebi asked the baby name ...wow it was Nam Dokkebi who named him Daegil... hazard decided boy name... Nam Dokkebi mentioned something about boy looking like a king...the gambler realized is king son not his after all...flashback with his wife ...is mad trying to kill him ...the baby survived

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nam Dokkebi is holding the baby...on his way met Hong Mae and her gang...she took the baby away Nam Dokkebi went to Baek Man-Geum informed him about everything and told Baek is not fit to be father...oh no!Daegil ended in that evil man arms...he said will make him king...Sookbin Choi is runing to save her baby

Nam Dokkebi is also watching that evil man house!Daegil mom arrived...asked him if is human...what he wants oh no is pointing tdaegil with an arrow asked her to chose a card...that evil man arrow almost hit the baby...she beggs for her baby life ...another arrow almost hit the baby...he is a monster!Playing with the baby life  

she beggs ...knelt in front of Lee ...Baek MG arrived said he wants to play wow that loser finally acted like a man !End of ep!From the preview: SOOKBIN CHOI will be punished ...queen is thrown out from the palace  ...gambler  husband is beeing tortured!We WILL HAVE TIME JUMP! Baek will see Damseo ...The prince,Daegil brother became a gambler and a womanizer...

I  pitty the gambler ...he thought was the baby father...he was so tender...but the moment he remembered his wife and realized he is not the father became mad!!!I really hate the stupid king...

Jackpot (Korean Drama)-Song Jong-Ho.jpg Kim Yi-Soo was great!He helped  Jackpot (Korean Drama)-Yoon Jin-Seo1.jpg protected the baby!!!A real man and a kind father!RIP!

i'm sorry for his daughter Jackpot (Korean Drama)-Lim Ji-Yeon.jpg Damseo will be used by that monster Jackpot (Korean Drama)-Jeon Kwang-Leol.jpg Lee In-Jwa  against King!!!

@Ginaaaa

" Would you recommend some English reading, books, websites, that I can read?" 

Since we are with Joseon Dynasty.....

The Land of Scholars: Two Thousand Years of Korean Confucianism by Kang Jae Eun (Author), Suzanne Lee (Translator) 

Books that is authored by JaHyun Kim Haboush

If you can read Chinese text or hangeul, there is a CD ROM version of the Annals of Joseon Dynasty. the English translation is due in 2033

http://sillok.history.go.kr/intro/english.do

7 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@Ginaaaa

" Would you recommend some English reading, books, websites, that I can read?" 

Since we are with Joseon Dynasty.....

The Land of Scholars: Two Thousand Years of Korean Confucianism by Kang Jae Eun (Author), Suzanne Lee (Translator) 

Books that is authored by JaHyun Kim Haboush

If you can read Chinese text or hangeul, there is a CD ROM version of the Annals of Joseon Dynasty. the English translation is due in 2033

http://sillok.history.go.kr/intro/english.do

Interesting...thanks...what do you think about today ep???i pitty Daegil...for beeing premature nobody wants him...The king thought was not his son and the gambler thought is his but after realized he is not tried to kill him ....I hope there will be a way to prove it...maybe a birth mark...

@andy78 did you meant the prince is yeo jin goo character? He became gambler and playboy here?

im finish watched first ep. But honestly the first one not really interesting to me,maybe because the real actor not come out yet.. Hehe.. Too much makjang and stupid act from the elders scene. I hope ep 2 is better than previous one.

@gerrytan8063 Thank you! It is the Joseon Dynasty that I'm asking about. Just ordered The Land of Scholars on Amazon. Even used paperback, it's a pricey book! But no doubt well worth it. I'm making note of the other authors to refer to later. As for English version of the Annals of Joseon Dynasty 2033 is quite a long time from now and I'm no spring chick. But who knows ... I'm learning Hangeul but have a long way to go before tackling a scholarly work.

4 hours ago, mellinadear said:

Baek man geum is crazy. Betting your wife because of your addiction? What kinda behaviour is that? That woman has been with you despite having nothing and he still took things away from her just to bet? He truly doesn't deserve her. 

Yeah. Addictions will do that. Take his gambling addiction and combine it with too much alcohol consumption and you have a tragedy on your hands.

@Ginaaaa

"I'm learning Hangeul but have a long way to go before tackling a scholarly work. "

Wish you great effort in your undertaking in learning the Hangeul, it is easy to learn (the alphabets)...but the problem lies that you had to built up the Korean vocabulary

Preview to Episode 3

Wow....Sukjong drag Queen Jang (later demoted to Jang Hee Bin) by her "gache" (가체, 加髢 ). It looks like a caveman dragging his woman by her hair

A pregnant Choi Suk Bin (with Yi Geum) is being "confine" in a water urn

5 hours ago, bebe1989 said:

did you meant the prince is yeo jin goo character? He became gambler and playboy here?

i'm talking about Daegil brother...the future king ...both are sookbin Choi and stupid king  children ...after he spent the night with her ...stupid husband came to the palace...he and the king bet again...if that night will rain king will sent his wife back to him...the husband won and Choi was sent...this time she confronted the loser ...said is over things are not the same...she left him and went back to the king...after 6 month Daegil was born...the king and everybody thought Daegil was Baek son...even Baek thought so at the beggining...after the talk he had with Nam Dokkebi remembered his ex wife words and realized the king is child father... threw him  in the river...baby survived again and was saved by   Nam Dokkebi ...

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

i'm talking about Daegil brother...the future king ...both are sookbin Choi and stupid king  children ...after he spent the night with her ...stupid husband came to the palace...he and the king bet again...if that night will rain king will sent his wife back to him...the husband won and Choi was sent...this time she confronted the loser ...said is over things are not the same...she left him and go back to the king...after 6 month Daegil was born...the king and everybody thought Daegil was Baek son...even Baek thought so at the beggining...the talk he had with Nam Dokkebi remembered his ex wife words and realized the king is child father... threw him  in the river...baby survived and was saved by   Nam Dokkebi ...

Oh thank you for explaination. I thought you talking about yeo jin goo because i saw on poster he became the king.

Ah I'm seeing many SFD fans on this thread. Are you all liking this drama? I haven't started to watch yet, although I'm hoping it's good because I love all the main casts. Reading all your posts in anticipation, that it's good. Especially now I need something to quell my SFD withdrawals. ;)

Hitting The ‘Jackpot’ With Jang Geun Suk On ONE HD This March 29

Following in the footsteps of the previous sageuk (historical drama) offering by ONE HD, new K-drama ‘Jackpot‘ premiering on March 29 is yet another historical drama, but is based on the lives of royals in the Joseon era.

In ‘Jackpot’, Dae-gil (portrayed by Jang Geun Seok) is a prince who is forced to live as a commoner. Unwilling to rest for the hand that fate has dealt him, he trains to become the best gambler of the Joseon period, and ultimately risks all he has to challenge the king Yeongjo (portrayed by Yeo Jin Goo), his younger brother prince who has everything. It is a big match between brothers to fight over the life and love, in order to reclaim the throne.

The drama also stars Choi Min Soo as King Sukjong, Lim Ji Yeon as Dam Seo; a lady who lives to take revenge upon the king, Yoon Jin Seo as Sookbin Choi, and Hyun Woo as King Gyeongjong.

http://k-popped.com/2016/03/hitting-the-jackpot-with-jang-geun-suk-on-one-hd-this-march-29/

Jackpot' The baby was king's son, born with face reading destined to become a king

Spoiler

photo706780.jpg

On the second episode of SBS' Monday & Tuesday drama, "Jackpot", Baek Man-geum (Lee Moon-sik) threw away Sukjong (Choi Min-soo)'s child, Yeong-soo.

Prior to this, Bok-soon (Yoon Jin-seo) became Sukjong's woman. After Bok-soon became Lady Sookwon, she turned away her husband Baek Man-geum and started living her life as king's woman.

However, she had to face a risky situation that threatened her position. The baby was born two early in six months. Sookwon thought the baby was born between her and Baek Man-geum because of the unexpected early delivery.

While people in the palace were gossiping about the incident, Sookwon thought her and her baby's fate were at risk. Sookwon asked Kim I-soo (Song Jong-ho) to send the baby to Baek Man-geum.

However, when Baek Man-geum heard Namdo Kaaebi (Im Hyeon-sik) saying Yeong-soo had the face reading destined to become a king, Baek Man-geum realized the child was not his but Sukjong's child.

Baek Man-geum said, "He was the king's child" and then threw the child down to the bottom of a waterfall. However, the child did not die. Namdo Kaaebi became sure the child would be a king one day.

While Namdo Kaaebi was running while holding the child, Hong-mae (Yoon Ji-hye) showed up and snatched the child from him.

Archived