[Jung Yi, Goddess of Fire | Warrior Baek Dong So]

Network
SBS

Brought to you by the Totally Awesome Team of Viki

Broadcast Period

March 28 - June 14, 2016

Episodes:  24 

About The Show

Dae-Gil and King Yeongjo enter a match. Dae-Gil bets his life and King Yeongjo bets the entire Kingdom of Joseon on the outcome.

Dae-Gil is the best gambler in the Joseon era. He holds deep resentment inside, but is also cool on the exterior. King Yeongjo is a man who never lower his head without a convincing reason. Meanwhile, Dam-Seo exists solely to take revenge upon king. (Asianwiki)

This drama is about a prince is forced to live as a commoner and uses his gambling skills to take revenge on the King.

Baek Dae Gil (Jang Geun Suk) is the best gambler in the Joseon era. He holds deep resentment inside, but is also cool on the exterior. King Yeongjo (Yeo Jin Goo) is a man who never lower his head without a convincing reason. Meanwhile, Dam Seo (Im Ji Yun) exists solely to take revenge upon king. (Kdramaorg)

The ultimate high-stakes gamble pits one person’s life against the entire kingdom of Joseon! Dae Gil (Jang Geun Suk) is a royal blood but is forced to grow up among the commoners. He becomes Joseon’s best swindler and gambler who harbors great resentment against the establishment. Dam Seo (Lim Ji Yeon) also has grown up with the sole purpose of seeking revenge against King Young Jo (Yeo Jin Goo) and methodically works her way into the palace to achieve her goal. When Dae Gil is able to enter the ultimate high-stakes match with the cool-headed King Young Jo, will Dae Gil lose his life or will King Young Jo lose the kingdom? “Jackpot” is a 2016 South Korean drama series directed by Nam Gun. (Viki)

Cast of Characters

Main Cast

Jang Geun Suk as Baek Dae Gil

Yeo Jin Goo as King Yeongjo

Im Ji Yun as Dam Seo

Jun Kwang-ryeol - Lee In-Jwa

Choi Min-soo - King Sook-jong

Yoon Jin-seo - Suk bin Choe

Supporting Cast
Lim Hyun-sik as Nam Dokkebi
Ahn Gil-kang as Kim Che-Gun
Song Jong-ho
Ji Il-Joo - Moo-Myung
Han Jung-soo
Hyun Woo as King Gyungjong
Han Ki-woong as Sa Woon
Han Ki-won as Sa Mo
Oh Yeon-ah as Jang Ok Jung
Yoon Ji-hye - Hong-Mae
Lee Moon-sik as Baek Man-Geum
Jeon Soo-jin as Hwanggoo Yeomeom
Kim Yoo-chul as Daegari
Jun Jae-hyung as Gamoolchi
Baek Sung-hyun as Jang Hee-Jae (Jang Ok Jung’s brother)
Heo Tae-hee as as Sang Gil (Yeongjo’s bodyguard)
Lee Ga-hyun as Hwa Jin
Cha Soon-bae as Jo Tae Gu
Na Jae-woong as Choi Suk Hang
Kim Ga-eun as Gye Sul-Im

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for creating this thread @Go Seung Ji For sure?  Yeo Jin Goo will be part of this? I have been waiting for someone to the thread since I read the article on Soompi last week.  I remember asking off topic question to @irilight in one of the threads if this is confirmed. OMG. I like YJG lot! (next Ji soo and Kim Moo Yool) I'm gonna watch this for him even if it's historical. That boy is such an impressive actor will become more even more brilliant. Plus the fact he's witty when he does interview. So you guys know .. SLS.. second lead syndrome. Ha ha.

Well I'm on board for this. I don't like historical dramas barely watch them but with YJG as part of the cast, I'll be checking this.I have no idea who is Jang Geun-Seok so I have no opinion about him. As for Lim Ji Yeon, I watched High Society for about 8 episodes (before I drop it..he he.was basically watching for SJ). No opinion as well on her acting. I want this to have good script and director because, YJG is part of this cast, at 17 or 18 years of age...but have seen his dramas mostly he was the child actor, just really impressive. He's like Kim Yoo Jung another impressive one. He's very very talented actor and trajectory becoming brilliant excellent actor!

Well, the cast is final? Can't he be paired with Kim Yoo Jung? dramagods??? Been wanting and waiting for drama together. Same age, same time growing up honing their skills, impressive with their acting becoming even more excellent as they mature. Would love to see both in historical drama.  I guess they will have a drama together sometime in the future #sorrynotsorrytoimjeyeon.

Here we go.. this boy has turned into a man. Jongski turning noona. :D

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink
 Photo cr: seoul story

Guest adikkeluangman

Jang Geun-seok, Lim Ji-yeon, Yeo Jin-goo, Jeon Kwang-ryeol, Choi Min-soo expand cast in "Jackpot"

SBS drama "Jackpot" has a complete lineup.

Jang Geun-seok, Lim Ji-yeon, Yeo Jin-goo, Jeon Kwang-ryeol and Choi Min-soo are all coming together in one drama.

CaGOcYuUkAAdf4z.jpg

Jang Geun-soo plays the role of Baek Dae-gil, a cold hearted genius. He is the greatest card player in Joseon and carries a dagger.

Lim Ji-yeon plays Dam-seo, a woman born to kill the king. Her resentment towards him takes her step by step to the palace and only has eyes for revenge and no other.

Yeo Jin-goo plays an adventurer named Yeong Jo. He is a king who overcomes many obstacles. He has spirit that not even his father can kill and he never bows down to anyone else without good reason. He puts Joseon on the line for a battle with Dae-gil.

Choi Min-soo plays a cold-hearted king named Sook-jong. He is Jang Geun-seok and Yeo Jin-goo's father.

"Jackpot" is about a game between two men whose fates are on the line. It's the historical version of the 2003 drama "All In".

The drama is directed by Nam Geon and will be broadcast in March.

http://www.hancinema.net/jang-geun-seok-lim-ji-yeon-yeo-jin-goo-jeon-kwang-ryeol-choi-min-soo-expand-cast-in-jackpot-90984.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter 

Yoon Jin Seo coming back with new drama, 'Jackpot'

Yoon Jin Seo is coming back with a new drama.

On February 3rd, a representative of FNC Entertainment announced that actress Yoon Jin Seo is going to make an official comeback with a new drama titled 'Jackpot (working title)' in March.

'Jackpot' is going to evolve around a prince of King Sookjong of Joseon, who gets abandoned only six months after his birth.

The abandoned prince, named Dae Gil (played by Jang Geun Seok), grows among merchants and gangsters, and gets involved into a major gamble with Youngjo (played by Yeo Jin Gu).

Yoon Jin Seo is going to play in 'Jackpot' as Mistress Choi, who becomes King Sookjong's wife after going through struggles because of her gamble-addict husband.

Yoon Jin Seo is widely recognized as one of the most leading actresses of Korea, and a great number of fans and viewers are showing huge anticipation for her new comeback.

Meanwhile, 'Jackpot' is going to premiere in March as the sequel for 'Six Flying Dragons.'

Yoon Jin Seo coming back with new drama, 'Jackpot'

/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=432449

SEEMS INTERESTING...

wow...at last JGS  have another drama to come.

it come with the title DAEBAK  for sure this will be an interesting drama. I'm in  can wait what we can anticipate.

and YEO  JIN GU the most talented young actor in korea DAEBAK.

On 30/1/2016 at 0:28 PM, jongski said:

Well I'm on board for this. I don't like historical dramas barely watch them but with YJG as part of the cast, I'll be checking this.I have no idea who is Jang Geun-Seok so I have no opinion about him. As for Lim Ji Yeon, I watched High Society for about 8 episodes (before I drop it..he he.was basically watching for SJ). No opinion as well on her acting. I want this to have good script and director because, YJG is part of this cast, at 17 or 18 years of age...but have seen his dramas mostly he was the child actor, just really impressive. He's like Kim Yoo Jung another impressive one. He's very very talented actor and trajectory becoming brilliant excellent actor!

JGS used to be the most promising actor with terrific skills and so much potential until he did You're Beautiful which, in my opinion, marks the start of his downfall. His roles after that were just of another flowerboy and his personal lifestyle apparently wasn't to the public's liking, added to some avoiding taxes controversy and a diva-ihs personality...yeah he's a strange case of nation star turned public enemy for no big reason (he's not perfect I get it but I don't see what could call for so much hate).

I love YJG, I really do but I'm mostly happy to see JGS back. I hope he learnt from his mistakes and will be more humble because he's got so much talent and it's been wasted for years. He deserves this second chance.

@eunsuhae thanks for  the info about JGS, I check his kdrama creds. I noticed  Hong Dil Gong and Hwang Jin Yi. I'm gonna check HDG so I'll be more familiar with him.  Since  he got the talent.. a good drama with good story, quality script.. then he'll rise again.  It essential to have good writing and directing for a story so it will more bring out the natural talent of the stars.

Little bit story of Jang Keun Suk

JKS became popular throughout Asia with Korean drama ‘You’re Beautiful’ in 2009. He debuted as a child star from 5 years of age. Through the years he filmed many TV dramas, movies, advertisements, also released albums as a singer, his money-making was incredible. Initially, JKS had a property worth 10 billion Won (note: roughly US$10 million) and an apartment worth 4 billion Won in Seoul. In January 2015 he purchased another building for 21.3 billion Won in Gangnam. Together with his 6 storey building in Tokyo worth 60 billion Won, he currently has close to roughly US$95.3 million real estate properties wealth worth of properties, his wealth lead by a big margin amongst Korean stars in their 20.

http://www.obsnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=882628

Guest adikkeluangman

Yeo Jin Goo Celebrates His High School Graduation

Actor Yeo Jin Goo has graduated from high school!

On February 5, the young rising star posted photos of his graduation ceremony to Instagram, including a photo that shows him grinning as he stands in the back row of a group of his classmates. He writes as the caption, “Sincere congratulations on your graduation!!!! My friends!!!! I hope that you’re always happy and cheerful, and that your life is full of only enjoyable things!!!!” He also thanks his teachers, and promises to work hard in the future.

yeo-jin-goo.png

Yeo Jin Goo also shared a selfie of himself smiling hugely with his newly-received high school diploma.

While participating in his graduation ceremony, Yeo Jin Goo said, “Today is our graduation ceremony, but thinking about how this is my last moment in my beloved high school, I’m a bit sad, as well as proud and a bit nervous.”

“I’ll be appearing in the drama ‘Daebak’ at the same time as I’m entering university,” he went on to say. “I’ll work hard on both my schoolwork and acting at the same time. I hope you will support me.”

yeo-jin-goo-2.png

Congratulations on graduating high school, Yeo Jin Goo!

http://www.soompi.com/2016/02/05/yeo-jin-goo-celebrates-his-high-school-graduation/

Aw.  The boy is man now. Ha ha. YJG.What I'm always waiting for is interviews and script reading and press conf. for his dramas or movies. I like the way he answers question. He's not coy, he's witty, and fun and just answers questions.

I'm kind of so-so with this drama Jackpot, but I'll check this one because I wanna see his terrific acting also JKS .

Kim Ga Eun to join Jang Geun Suk, Yeo Jin Goo, and more in 'Daebak'

Actress Kim Ga Eun is joining the already star-studded lineup for upcoming SBS drama 'Daebak'!

Her agency rep revealed on February 15, "Kim Ga Eun is confirmed to appear in SBS's new Monday-Tuesday drama, 'Daebak.'"

In the series, she will be playing Kye Seol Im, who is known for her natural beauty and impressive talents.  Although she's a gisaeng in Waegwan, Busan, she meets Dae Gil (played by Jang Geun Suk), she is able to transform her life, proving to be a determined woman.  Others set to appear are Yeo Jin Goo and Lim Ji Yeon.

It will start airing in March.

cr:allkpop

Yoon Ji-hye to star in "Jackpot"

photo689585.jpg

Actress Yoon Ji-hye is starring in the new SBS drama "Jackpot" according to several sources.

She takes on the role of Hong Mae. Hong Mae collected a lot of money and becomes the master of a play house. She is an important influence in "Jackpot".

Hong Mae is also similar to Ma-hyang from "KUNDO : Age of the Rampant". Ma-hyang was the only woman of the gang and an archer.

Yoon Ji-hye's "Jackpot" is similar to the Joseon version of "All In". The story starts from Sook-jong (Choi Min-soo) abandoning the one child he has with Sook-won (Yoon Jin-seo), the royal concubine. The prince Dae-gil (Jang Geun-seok) grows to be a gambler and risks his life with Yeong Jo (Yeo Jin-goo). The movie stars Jang Geun-seok, Yeo Jin-goo, Lim Ji-yeon, Yoon Jin-seo, Jeon Kwang-ryeol, Choi Min-soo and more.

http://www.hancinema.net/yoon-ji-hye-to-star-in-jackpot-91519.html

Jang Keun Suk garners praise from ‘Daebak’ director and writer

Upcoming SBS TV Mon-Tue drama ‘Daebak’ held a press conference on February 17th, which saw the attendance of Nam Gun PD, writer Kwon Soon Gyu, and others.

‘Daebak’ tells the story of Dae Gil who was raised as a commoner and cheater despite being of royal blood, and his wager with King Yeongjo who has everything, as they vie for love, destiny, and the throne. Jang Keun Suk will be taking on the lead role of Dae Gil, and the drama will be his first in two years since his tax scandal controversy.

24412955262_57ee0fed9b_z.jpg

Nam Gun PD praised Jang Keun Suk by stating, “He doesn’t quite know how to promote himself. I admit that I was prejudiced against him before meeting him, but I realized that he was above all other actors I have met in my life who crave performing. He wanted to try a role that would start from the bottom, but he always ended up with roles that were all too similar in the end like pretty boy characters. He is really masculine, and has great acting ability. He is a perfect fit for the character that I have in my mind. He even called me after the script reading session to ask if he could improve any further. I can see that he is treating himself as a rookie, and I have decided to give my all too.”

Writer Kwon Soo Gyu revealed that Jang Keun Suk will face many difficult situations in the drama. She said, “Dae Gil has a wretched life, and I really couldn’t imagine who would be able to carry off this role while I was writing the script. I feel really sorry for Jang Keun Suk. He will not only get bullied, but will also get thrown into a bucket of feces. There will be many of such scenes, but he is definitely one actor who can perfectly digest this role.”

‘Daebak’ will premiere sometime in March, following ‘Six Flying Dragons.’

cre: http://kpopfighting.com/2016/02/18/jang-keun-suk-garners-praise-from-daebak-director-and-writer/

Archived