[Drama 2016] The Royal Gambler 대박

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Jang Geun-seok's "Jackpot" defeat Yoo Ah-in's "Six Flying Dragons"?

photo704889.jpg

"Six Flying Dragons" has ended at last and "Jackpot" is coming up next.

The fiftieth episode of "Six Flying Dragons" ended on the 22nd. From the 28th, Jang Geun-seok and Yeo Jin-goo's "Jackpot" will fill its space.

"Jackpot" is the story of an abandoned king named Dae-gil (Jang Geun-seok) and his brother Yeong Jo (Yeo Jin-goo) and their battle for the throne.

This is the first time Jang Geun-seok is returning with a drama in 3 years. He also began his career as a young actor like Yoo Ah-in and they are similar in age as Jang was born in 1987 and Yoo was born in 1986. The two dramas are both historical.

Will "Jackpot" continue the success of "Six Flying Dragons"?

Meanwhile, "Jackpot" stars Jang Geun-seok, Yeo Jin-goo, Jeon Kwang-ryeol, Yoon Jin-seo and others.

http://www.hancinema.net/will-jang-geun-seok-s-jackpot-defeat-yoo-ah-in-s-six-flying-dragons--92685.html

I DON'T KNOW SFD WAS AWESOME!ANYWAY I WISH HIM AND HIS TEAM GOODLUCK!

1 hour ago, sunny2014 said:

Preview "The Royal Gambler" 6 minutes today

thanks so much...

Jackpot (Korean Drama)-Jeon Kwang-Leol.jpg Lee In-Jwa seems a scarry man!From the preview he will use Jackpot (Korean Drama)-Yoon Jin-Seo1.jpg Sookbin Choi ...he sent her to palace ...

I wonder is Sookbin Choi  Jackpot (Korean Drama)-Jang Keun-Suk.jpg  and Jackpot (Korean Drama)-Yeo Jin-Goo.jpg  mother?

one more thing from the preview seems she was married with a loser Baek Man-Geum ,a gambler  that lost to the king.Munshiklee.jpg

i really hope somebody will translate the preview...

The Royal Gambler Starring Jang Geun Suk Sold in Japan

The South Korean epic series "The Royal Gambler" with star actor Jang Keun-suk has been pre-sold to a Japanese television broadcaster, industry sources said on Thursday. The SBSTV series was sold to KNTA, a Japanese broadcaster specializing in hit Korean shows, for about US$150,000 per episode, sources said. This translates to a total of US$3.6 million for the full 24-episode series.

3-24_royal_gambler_1.jpg

The drama will premiere in Japan in early April, with the full series slated to air starting May. The epic series depicts the fateful rivalry of two royal princes of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910), with a rich blend of romance, action, competition and "bromance."

The Japanese import of "The Royal Gambler" is a welcome rain on the South Korean culturalcontent industry, which has been suffering from the bearish export of Korean culture productsto Japan in recent years. Korean industry experts expect to see "The Royal Gambler" soothe the reportedly growing Japanese sentiment against "hallyu," or the spread of Korean popular culture around the world.

The success follows Japan's import of KBS 2TV's hit series "Descendants of the Sun" starring actor Song Joong-ki and actress Song Hye-kyo. The military romance drama, reportedly sold for US$100,000 per episode, has created a wide fanbase among Japanese viewers, creating a buffer to the anti-Korea sentiment in Japan.

The major Korean drama boom in Japan began in 2002, thanks to the mega-hit Korean romantic drama "Winter Sonata," starring top actor Bae Yong-joon and actress Choi Ji-woo. Jang has been one of the most successful hallyu actors in Japan, with his previous romantic series "Love Rain" having been sold to a Japanese broadcaster for a sumptuous US$300,000 per episode.

However, the popularity of Korean television shows has had its ups and downs in the Japanese market. In the past three years the business had been saggy, largely on the bilateraldiplomatic row surrounding imperialist Japan's sexual exploitation of Korean women and the country's claim over South Korea's easternmost islets of Dokdo. The first episode of the newTV series will hit the air in South Korea at 10 p.m. Monday

cr:koogle.tv

[Article] Actor Jang Keun-suk's new series sold big in Japan

Original Source: english.yonhapnews.co.kr

SEOUL, March 24 (Yonhap) -- The South Korean epic series "The Royal Gambler" with star actor Jang Keun-suk has been pre-sold to a Japanese television broadcaster, industry sources said on Thursday.

The SBS TV series was sold to KNTA, a Japanese broadcaster specializing in hit Korean shows, for about US$150,000 per episode, sources said. This translates to a total of US$3.6 million for the full 24-episode series.

The drama will premiere in Japan in early April, with the full series slated to air starting May.

The epic series depicts the fateful rivalry of two royal princes of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910), with a rich blend of romance, action, competition and "bromance."

The Japanese import of "The Royal Gambler" is a welcome rain on the South Korean cultural content industry, which has been suffering from the bearish export of Korean culture products to Japan in recent years. Korean industry experts expect to see "The Royal Gambler" soothe the reportedly growing Japanese sentiment against "hallyu," or the spread of Korean popular culture around the world.

The success follows Japan's import of KBS 2TV's hit series "Descendants of the Sun" starring actor Song Joong-ki and actress Song Hye-kyo. The military romance drama, reportedly sold for US$100,000 per episode, has created a wide fanbase among Japanese viewers, creating a buffer to the anti-Korea sentiment in Japan.

The major Korean drama boom in Japan began in 2002, thanks to the mega-hit Korean romantic drama "Winter Sonata," starring top actor Bae Yong-joon and actress Choi Ji-woo.

Jang has been one of the most successful hallyu actors in Japan, with his previous romantic series "Love Rain" having been sold to a Japanese broadcaster for a sumptuous US$300,000 per episode.

However, the popularity of Korean television shows has had its ups and downs in the Japanese market. In the past three years the business had been saggy, largely on the bilateral diplomatic row surrounding imperialist Japan's sexual exploitation of Korean women and the country's claim over South Korea's easternmost islets of Dokdo.

The first episode of the new TV series will hit the air in South Korea at 10 p.m. Monday.

(LEAD) Actor Jang Keun-suk wants to start anew with 'The Royal Gambler'

(ATTN: UPDATES with more comments from 6th para; RECASTS lead; ADDS photos)

By Park Sojung

SEOUL, March 24 (Yonhap) -- South Korean actor Jang Keun-suk said Thursday he wants to start his 30s with a clean slate with the title role in the upcoming TV series "The Royal Gambler."

"I've always wondered whether I've been too complacent with my 'pretty' image throughout my 20s," he told reporters at a press conference at SBS in Seoul. "By playing Dae-gil, which is my first TV role since turning 30 this year, I want to get rid of that and become something else."

Jang turned 30 this year in Korean age reckoning.

In the period drama set in the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910), the young Baek Dae-gil is born to King Sukjong and a maid who connives to become a consort despite having already married a destitute gambler. Soon after his birth, he is abandoned by his mother and is raised by her former husband who turns him into a skilled high roller.

Actor Jang Keun-suk attends a press conference promoting his upcoming TV series "The Royal Gambler" at SBS in Seoul on March 24, 2016. (Yonhap) Actor Jang Keun-suk attends a press conference promoting his upcoming TV series "The Royal Gambler" at SBS in Seoul on March 24, 2016. (Yonhap)

"My first impression of the screenplay was that it's very three-dimensional, as if I'm watching a movie," he said. "Reading it, I closed my eyes and wondered what facial expressions I would have made if I were Dae-gil. I didn't want to miss this opportunity."

Kang has played in several period dramas as a child actor, but "The Royal Gambler" is his first since the KBS 2TV series "Hong Gil-dong" in 2008. The SBS show stands out because it experiments with ideas that have never been tried before, he said.

"One of the biggest strengths of our show is that it deals with gambling, which other period dramas haven't," he said. "It's not just about gambling either. It's also about men who risk their lives to fight for their country and the love that arises during that process."

With "The Royal Gambler" being his return to TV after two years, Jang thanked his fans for continuing to support him even during his time away from TV.

"There are fans who visit me on the set of the show, but there are also those who aren't able to visit personally but express their support through other means, like advertising for my show on subways and buses," he said. "I'm happy I have such a dedicated fan base."

Actor Jang Keun-suk gives a thumbs up for a photo at a press conference promoting his upcoming TV series "The Royal Gambler" at SBS's offices in Seoul on March 24, 2016. (Yonhap) Actor Jang Keun-suk gives a thumbs up for a photo at a press conference promoting his upcoming TV series "The Royal Gambler" at SBS's offices in Seoul on March 24, 2016. (Yonhap)

"The Royal Gambler" also stars Yeo Jin-goo as Prince Yeoning who later becomes King Yeongjo. He and Jang will fight over a woman, Damseo, who plots revenge against King Sukjong, her father's murderer.

Like Jang, Yeo praised the screenplay as being "extremely three-dimensional."

"It portrays gamblers as being logical, not simply reckless," he said. "The characters' emotions and personalities are very vivid. I'm sure you'd feel the thrill along with many other emotions watching this show."

Yeo said he's felt a certain sense of camaraderie towards Jang since they are both former child actors.

"Having been a child actor, too, I've seen him from afar since childhood so he feels familiar," he said. "I don't know how he feels about me, but he puts me at ease on the set."

Jang returned the pleasantries, describing Yeo's acting as being "scary good."

"He's extremely serious. He becomes a completely different person on the set," he said. "I barely feel the 10-year age difference. I'm grateful to work with such a great actor."

Meanwhile, dozens of fans, mostly from Japan, had gathered in the lobby of SBS to gain a glimpse of "Keun-chan."

Rie Shinka, a Japanese tourist from Yokohama, southwest of Tokyo, was among many others who arrived in South Korea earlier in the day for a trip entirely dedicated to seeing the South Korean actor.

"I've been a fan since 'You're Beautiful.' I came here since this is his first TV appearance in many years," she said, fidgeting with her DSLR camera. She said she would be leaving for Japan later in the day.

"You're Beautiful" is an SBS series from 2009 in which Jang plays the charismatic lead singer of the fictional band A.N.JELL.

Another Japanese woman, who refused to be identified, said she'd visited South Korea about 50 times to see Jang.

"He's such a great actor. I also like that he's quirky and different," she said, adding she hopes other actors on the show will help him make a smooth transition back to TV.

"The Royal Gambler" premieres on SBS at 10 p.m. on Monday.

Actor Yeo Jin-goo (L), actress Lim Ji-yeon (C) and actor Jang Keun-suk pose for photos at a press conference at SBS in Seoul on March 24, 2016. (Yonhap) Actor Yeo Jin-goo (L), actress Lim Ji-yeon (C) and actor Jang Keun-suk pose for photos at a press conference at SBS in Seoul on March 24, 2016. (Yonhap)

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/03/24/0701000000AEN20160324008751315.html

‘Jackpot’ Production Conference Was Held

34ami4rbafhyp4jrosnpy70kd2boufnn.jpg
[by Bae Jung Yun, photo by Hwang Ji Eun] On March 24, the production conference of SBS Monday and Tuesday drama ‘Jackpot’ was held at SBS in Yangchun-gu, Seoul.

‘Jackpot’ is a historical television serial drama about a forgotten prince Daegil and his younger brother Yeongjo to bet entire kingdom for their love.

Meanwhile, the first episode of ‘Jackpot’ airs on March 24. (photo by bntnews DB)

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=29669

Jang Geun Suk on Working With Yeo Jin Goo

Jang Geun Suk on Working With Yeo Jin Goo

On March 24, SBS held a press conference for the release of their upcoming historical drama “Jackpot” (Korean title: “Daebak”) starring Jang Geun Suk,Yeo Jin Goo, Lim Ji Yeon, Jun Kwang Ryul, Choi Min Soo, and Yoon Jin Seo.

When asked about the two lead actors’ chemistry, Jang Geun Suk said, “I thought that Yeo Jin Goo was a scary actor. When he’s acting, his posture becomes really serious. He changes in front of the camera. I couldn’t even tell the age difference between us. I liked that we could really create a sense of tension between our characters. I feel like I can enjoy myself while acting with him.”

“Daebak” is directed by Nam Geon and written by Kwon Soon Gyu, and tells the story of the forgotten prince Dae Gil (Jang Geun Suk) and his conflict with his younger brother Youngjo (Yeo Jin Goo)

cr.soompi

Archived