[Drama 2016] The Royal Gambler 대박

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since we are not allowed to quote pics or videos, just want to say Thank you to mysignisflower for posting this english sub of the DramaFever video, first script reading and introduction of the TV drama -  to this forum.  The following are captures of the main players in Royal Gambler – formerly known as “DaeBak/jackpot!” I got most of my info from Wiki, Tenshi’s JKS forever, Eels Family, Hallyu Back of Youtube...

screenwriter_zpsb3espstq.png

This first is of the screenwriter Kwon Soon Gyu who is only 10 years or so older than Jang Keun Suk and who did the screenplays for Goddess of Fire, and Warrior Baek Dong-Soo.

Director%20Nam%20Gun_zpskm08gqwl.png

This is Director Nam Gun who also did Mask – (not familiar with it – anyone who knows – feel free to comment)

JKS_zpszluygtl1.png

Some of you may be watching this drama for other reasons than mine (my bias is Jang Keun Suk – you can tell from my avatar – its JKS with a moustache and beard from 2009 or 2011 photo shoot), .....and I can believe why you may be watching this drama for other than Jang Keun Suk, because there are so many other well known cast members – this drama is heavily loaded with an impressive cast of actors..

For those not familiar with Jang Keun Suk – he has acted in historical dramas as a child actor in Women of the Palace-, and as a teen – Hwang Jini, and as an adult – Hong Gil Dong.

Choi%20Min%20Soo_zpscp29ohby.png

This is Choi Min Soo playing the part of Sok Jong...Choi Min Soo is familiar to many many viewers..and he was also in SandGlass –a great classic Korean TV drama (per my friend who watched it) as viewed by SKoreans.  I saw him in Faith and I thought he played his brief scenes very very memorably...

Lee%20Moon%20Shik_zpsuzj6pbsc.png

This is Lee Moon Shik who plays Baek Man Geum – the father of both of the 2 young male leads. Not familiar with him, but all I can say is – he looks TOTALLY different in costume! Anyone else want to comment on  this actor since I am not so familiar with him?

Yeon%20Jin%20Gu%20Prine%20Yeon%20Ing_zps

This is the second young male lead, Yeon Jin Gu who plays Prince Yeon Ing. I saw him in the Moon Embraces the Sun and also as the really young Il Ji Mae. Wow – he has been acting since 2005 in both TV dramas and movies. This will be his first adult role and from the trailers...he looks wary, intense and unpredictable as the Prince ...and he won a bunch of acting awards best new actor, best child actor, best young actor for a number of dramas and movies... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeo_Jin-goo

Yoon%20Jin%20Seo%20Choi%20Soo%20Bin_zpsd

This is Yoon Jin Seo – I have seen her in a number of dramas but never got her name till now...She was the love interest for Return of Il Ji Mae, the hard-as-tack detective in Sensory Couple..and from the teasers, she is dressed both in Court garments and in humble clothing running and holding an infant in her arms...

Im%20Ji%20Yeon%20Dam%20Seo_zpsm6vq6fju.p

Finally, this is Lim Ji Yeon, who won a number of Best new Actress awards for her work in Obsessed and High Society.  She plays the woman who wants revenge more than anything else...and it seems like a love triangle with both of the young male leads...She is dressed both as young girl of good birth, and also dressed in vivid red and black (like a gisaeng) - part of her assasin role?

Whew...Hope this helps others..Thank you to DramaFever (I am not affiliated with them in any way – I just watch their stuff) who will be airing DaeBak with Eng Subs!!!!

Thank you to mysignisflower, a nd thank you to whoever subbed this video.

MODERATOR - IF THESE CAPTURES OR MENTION OF DRAMA FEVER, OR youtube  IS ILLEGAL IN ANYWAY - PLEASE DELETE THIS IMMEDIATELY!!

Hello, @jkseel. Let me clarify that episode links from third-party sites are the ones not allowed in the forums due to copyright issues. So there's nothing wrong with your post. :) Meanwhile, if you'd like to quote a previous post, use the @user name feature to tag the said user. Alternatively, highlight the text you want to quote and the "Quote this" feature will show up. For more information, visit the Kdramas and movies rules page. As always, thank you for the updates on the drama, Have a blast in this thread, everyone! Kamsamhida.

Official posters of 'Jackpot' have been revealed.

Channel SBS' new drama, 'Jackpot,' is going to premiere on March 28th, and official posters that show the six main actors and actresses (Jang Geun Suk, Yeo Jin Gu, Jeon Gwang Ryeol, Choi Min Soo, Lim Ji Yeon, Yoon Jin Seo) have been unveiled.

The first poster shows Jang Geun Suk (playing as Dae Gil), Yeo Jin Gu (playing as Prince Yeonying), Jeon Gwang Ryoel (playing as Lee In Jwa), and Choi Min Soo (playing as King Sookjong) side by side.

Jang Geun Suk is playing in 'Jackpot' as Dae Gil, a lost son of King Sookjong who lives as a vagabond while Yeo Jin Gu is playing as Prince Yeonying, who later becomes King Youngjo of Joseon. Choi Min Soo is playing as King Sookjong, who was one of the most powerful kings of the dynasty, and Jeon Gwang Ryeol is playing as Lee In Jwa, who would do anything in order to achieve his ambition.

The second poster shows the same four people in the first poster with Lim Ji Yeon (playing as Dam Seo) and Yoon Jin Seo (playing as Queen Choi). Queen Choi is the mother of Dae Gil and Prince Yeonying, and many people are showing particularly hot reactions for Yoon Jin Seo's charismatic and elegant look in the poster.

Lim Ji Yeon, who is standing on the other end of the poster, is also showing overflowing charisma, holding a sword. The poster says, "A fight against an unavoidable destiny will now begin," further intensifying many drama fans' anticipation and excitement.

The last poster shows three people together around a table, and many people are showing huge curiosity about the room that they are in.

The poster says 'The one who tries to keep the throne,' 'The one who tries to achieve the throne,' and 'The one who tries to stop him' below Yeo Jin Gu, Jeon Gwang Ryeol, and Jang Geun Suk, and many people are showing explosive reactions for the three actors' overflowing charisma.

Meanwhile, 'Jackpot' is going to show the story of Prince Yeonying and his lost younger brother, Dae Gil, and the drama will premiere on March 28th.

Spoiler

Official posters of drama 'Jackpot' revealed

/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=440129

Archived