[Official] Yoo Shi Jin - Kang Mo Yeon

twtwb

@melissala yes and they are voting at the same time suddenly. i am so shocked that it drops rapidly. lols :D you should give a shoutout so they would vote for him in the film category. 

i will continue voting and watching the percentage too~~ we'll survive today

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, finickyfray said:

@melissala yes and they are voting at the same time suddenly. i am so shocked that it drops rapidly. lols :D you should give a shoutout so they would vote for him in the film category. 

i will continue voting and watching the percentage too~~ we'll survive today

I did suggest it to fans and they agreed.  Don't know what the reason for the voting is in TV.  It makes little sense when you are neck in neck in another category.

I am struggling to get enough points for votes right now.  Not many opportunities left anymore.  Just do what you can everyone.  Tbh, it's a done deal with TV category, but I won't be totally at ease until I see that they are the winners and the contest is over.   

11 minutes ago, mummyof2 said:

Anyone facing the same problem with me on Iqiyi awards, everytime i click they said i vote too frequent. Haven't managed to vote yet :sweatingbullets:

That usually happens if you click too quickly.   Just vote slower and see if that helps.  

For iqiyi she needs the votes more than him btw.  We are lucky no competitor is challenging us much over on the female side since she hasn't had much movement.  He's nearly got 5 million votes while she's stuck at barely 3 for a day or more.  Their votes used to be a lot more even before.  Though obviously, the male category is a lot more competitive. 

Mummyof2, that means you need to tap abit slower 

Kristen is there for the afternoon Chanel show. And other Asian stars. You can find pictures online since they are not related to SS. I managed to watch the show abit and its boring without SHK lol and this is my screenshot of the show! I NEED TO SEE SHK seriously! 730pm red carpet!!

image_zpsf4pibgag.jpeg

the stadium outside is lined with a lot of GD fans when no one even saw him yet! It's like a mystery 

no sightings of kikyo or Kyo fans outside the stadium yet. 

And thanks to P, she found our boy today with a funny left eye from being away from someone lol....J says its for Kolon sport because of the director 

Boy, girl will be back tomorrow

the director in that IG removed that picture! Did people go harass him again?? 

On 5/31/2016 at 3:03 PM, superbigcat said:

Someone tell me I'm not dreaming please...

Descendants of the Sun confirms to release a Director's Cut Version in the second half of the year with unreleased scenes, re-edited scenes and MAKING FILMS.

Credit as labelled.

Wait I need to cool down before typing this out, but well I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE DVD! And you're not dreaming haha! There is also an official announcement from the official Promotion Team for the Descendants of the Sun DVD:

Oh, here are other Korean news portals reporting on the news: http://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1KWJ0QZVCD/GH03 and http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2016/05/31/0200000000AKR20160531102200033.HTML. There are a few more but it will be too long if I insert all the links here lol xD.

(Just to note, it's the same link as what @melissala has shared)

Anyway, this is the first time I've ever seen a pre-produced drama so I'm contented with whatever they're going to give us. I'm so going to purchase this Blu Ray (to be specific, it costs more but the quality is awesome!). Anyway, if they started releasing the listing for the Director's Cut or any additional news, I'll be sure to post it here. Such a good day comrades! :lol:

So basically some background information regarding the Director's Cut, the Promotion Team opened a Daum Cafe account page in April (or I believe way before that). They started surveying fans and viewers of DOTS to estimate the demand for the Director's Cut DVD and Blu Ray. Initially, the production company as well as the director had objected to making the Director's Cut stating that the director was simply too busy and couldn't find time to re-edit the episodes and supposedly made the announcement on the same week that DOTS aired its special episodes and epilogue.

This had disappointed many fans (including me lol) and many Korean fans (since I am basing what I saw on a Korean app and several Korean websites) started sending e-mails and sort of "protesting" against the decision, because what they wanted are, obviously, the Director's Cut DVD. This prompted the Promotion Team to make an announcement. They said:

"We have contacted KBS after seeing the article this morning regarding the news portal's stance about the Director's Cut. We came to find out that KBS has learnt of this new development through the article as well (meaning to say, they are hearing the new development for the 1st time). As we have stated previously, it seems as though the parties have conflicting interests and haven't yet come to an agreement.

KBS HQ, KBS Media, and NEW (the production company) will be meeting next week to come to a final decision and so, KBS would refrain from making a statement until a final decision has been made. 

Our KBS contact will inform us once they have come to an agreement, after which we will make an announcement." (Credit to the Promotion Team for the announcement)

After which, they made several announcements regarding the status of the Director's Cut (skipping those which has few progress). The latest announcement was made on May 26th, and they stated that several internal circumstances, the fact that there were few deleted scenes and insufficient content (as it is a pre-produced drama, it is difficult to film new scenes) made it difficult to produce the Director's Cut. Even if the director was willing to spend time to make the DVD, it still depends on the final decision made by the production company and/or KBS.

(Therefore, I was quite surprised but also delighted when they made the announcement today. I have been following their Daum Cafe account as well as on Twitter and Instagram for quite some time, so I sort-of gets the first-hand updates.) As mentioned above, the Director's Cut will consist of 16 newly edited episodes by the Director, unreleased footage, music videos, behind-the-scenes videos and the never-before-seen scenes. It is said that there will be new scenes inserted to the 16th episode to tell a more complete story. It is set to be released in the second half of the year.

Edit: 

#1: Sorry for diverting the attention back to the main one! I forgot to remind people to vote! Everyone, now that the mood is in a possibly godmode or if anyone is still floating in heaven because of happiness, let's get back on track! It's the last few hours of voting already, we can do this! Please vote for SongSong on both the BaekSang Popularity Voting and iQiyi polls (iQiyi: http://www.iqiyi.com/yule/100sang52.html)!

#2: Oh, I almost forgot! For anyone considering to get the DVD / Blu Ray and have a limited budget, I've some price ranges of DVD of previous dramas which I hope can help. (Prices are in USD. Please use any converter or you can also use this link to convert into your local currency):

Since the currency conversion rates are constantly changing, the prices reflected may not be accurate and exact. You may want to add up to a few dollars to estimate the actual amount.

My Love from the Star DVD: USD 130

- Pinocchio DVD / Blu Ray: USD 194 / USD 290

- I Can Hear Your Voice DVD / Blu Ray: USD 130 / USD 275

- The Heirs/That Winter, the Wind Blows DVD: USD 140

- Innocent Man DVD: USD 160

First of all, WOW... @angieknows the message box is so beautiful and classy, love it. I'm sure both Songs will love it too. I really appreciate all your efforts, thank you very very much :blush: And also @joongkyo you are indeed the best captain ever! @~*kYo*~ love the banner, make sure to scream as loud as you can, oh I feel so excited already. It's not like I am the one who's going. So there will be four members there. Fighting!!! 

I'm so happy and feel so proud to be part of the ship, you guys are awesome! 

And and and... the Director's Cut, thank you @superbigcat @melissala and @SarahLovesGh for the updates, omg... what a pleasant surprise. Will there be more bts from uri Songs? Yayyy!!! 

5ykZWfr.gif

Oh my ggggg thank you for the updates! I'm freaking out noooooowww. The Director's Cut would be awesome for sure. Mind if I share the news to our fellow shippers in my country? I'm so excited! Hopefully we'll get to see more of our adorkable SS couple woot woot! 

Download this app to watch the Beijing's CHANEL event live : http://shizhuang.ifeng.com/share/topic?id=116176 

If you can and if it works for you. :)

2016-05-31_1840__1_?async&rand=0.5644684

The app hung a lot on my tab so ugh.. I had to close it and besides I got bored too while watching without Kyo. Haha.  Maybe, I will try later.. ^^~

Oh whoa so it's official that a DoTS Director's Cut DVD and Blue Ray will be released soon! I'm so gonna purchase the blue ray one. Yay! ♡

And please don't forget to vote on Baeksang while waiting for SHK's appearance. Only 4 more hours left!! :lol:

Here's an update: http://isplus.live.joins.com/100sang/Vote/v_sub1.aspx

2016-05-31_1842?async&rand=0.71208183720

2016-05-31_1842_001?async&rand=0.0984286

On 5/31/2016 at 6:38 PM, savingemily said:

Oh my ggggg thank you for the updates! I'm freaking out noooooowww. The Director's Cut would be awesome for sure. Mind if I share the news to our fellow shippers in my country? I'm so excited! Hopefully we'll get to see more of our adorkable SS couple woot woot! 

I'm not the only poster for the Director's Cut news, and I don't know about others, but no problem! It's good to share the good news and support DOTS once again through the DVD. While I have decided to make another post since I wanted to keep the previous post up to a certain length, there are goodies lined up for us especially for the Director's Cut! Hopefully this attracts everyone to purchase the DVD and support the DOTS team~

Remember a month ago when they aired the production process, behind-the-scenes footage and epilogue? That time, KBS has stated that the behind-the-scenes footage that were shown is different from the version in the DVD! That sort of raises expectations to whatever they're going to show us through the DVD.

Meanwhile, for those who feel that the standard price for a DVD is too steep or are contemplating whether to purchase the Director's Cut, what they're going to show you is definitely going to be worth it. I've bought (for the 1st time) the Director's Cut DVD for the drama "My Love from the Star", it was the first-press edition with 2 posters so it costed me around S$180-S$200. The contents of the box set were the commentaries by the cast members, interviews, the edited episodes, NGs but most importantly, the behind-the-scenes footage totaled up to 204 minutes which is over 3 hours of entertainment! I remembered how I kept on replaying the footage because as a fan, I also want to immerse in their experience and see how much fun they had while filming. True enough, I managed to get a glimpse of the filming process and how the cast grew close together which made me feeling happy and satisfied. For me, just seeing how the cast members being like family and caring for each other made me really touched because after all, it's nice to see that these busy actors/actresses have a newfound friendship with one another. I'm glad that they have found some new friends and friendship which will probably last for a lifetime while pursuing their interest/following their dreams, and these friends can definitely assist you in different ways in the future. It's just that heartwarming and they deserve all the support that they can get and we can give. I'm not really good at putting my feelings into words and my vocabulary is limited, but I hope you get my meaning.

Therefore, I'm really anticipating for the behind-the-scene footage because of how close Alpha Team, Doctor Team and the entire DOTS crew seemed to be. The footage will definitely shed light on probably SongSong's relationship, and how the entire cast got so close together in general. I'm just hoping that they will show us a lot of footage (and as long as 3 hours?) so I can enjoy watching it on my TV while grabbing popcorn lol xD.

@kokodus I'm sorry for dragging you here due to my laziness or to put it nicely, make too many continuous (one after another) yet short posts on the thread, I didn't want to make another short post on the DOTS thread. I'm a long essay writer! :lol::P But well, after reading your post, I feel you! Like what I've mentioned earlier, this is NOT a dream and it is NOT a joke as well! Yes, they're going to release a whole lot of goodies including the unreleased footage, behind-the-scenes videos, etc.! Before I bought the MLFTS DVD, my parents actually got shocked at how expensive the product is but after I told a whole long story about how much I loved watching that drama and what contents does it have, my parents actually allowed me to buy while paying half of the price (I paid for the other half xD). Plus, it was the contents and the fact that they're giving an additional disc during the pre-order period that made me rush to pre-order.

I actually reasoned how much happiness the drama has brought to me, how I went crazy while watching (the life of a fangirl xD) and how eager I wanted to own it. If you have the money, just go for it! You may want to read the remaining contents of this post to understand what I really wanted to say. Just try to be honest to your mum, be polite and sincere in telling your reason and it shouldn't be any problem. I can't say for certain because I don't know your mum's character, but yeah that's what I told my mum so I hope that helps. This is probably going to be a different case since I agreed with my mum upon the drama's finale that I'm definitely buying the DVD / Blu Ray and when it's out, I'll be one of the 1st to pre-order it xD. Hopefully everything works out and I don't want to cause trouble for you, so this is just some advice that I can give! 

:)

Edit: @kokodus I see, sorry my memory failed me but since I'm just occasionally posting and also silently lurking most of the time, I thought I saw you post here a few times but couldn't confirm whether it's you. I see, a great plan you have there! It's a good starter considering that you know how to approach your parents to ask them to purchase the DVD, and even if your plan fails, you'll think of an alternative way. Again, hope that you'll be able to successfully convince your parents and purchase the DVD. I'm glad my advice helped. I just thought that your situation was similar with my previous one so I decided to share it. But for everyone, if you're still deciding on whether to purchase because of several reasons, I hope that it will help in justifying your decision because this is probably going to be one of the few dramas that will be unforgettable and you wouldn't want to miss this chance.

Those eyes and lips, she's so beautiful :love:  thanks for the video @finickyfray :D  Can't wait to see her soon!

IzdjApv.gif

Back reading while waiting for updates on the event, who is Yeji btw? Okay, nevermind :lol: I just hope fans will be more thoughtful and please, be mature fans and shippers, let SJK and SHK be proud of us. Let them and their friends have their well deserved privacy :D 

Anyways, done voting. Still have some points but I reached my limit already. Only 4 more hours to go...

Don't forget iQiyi too :D   

SJK: 72.72%

SHK: 90.68%

7 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

It's already past 7:30 in Beijing, do we have any pictures from the red carpet?

It seems that the Shizhuang apps doesn't work for me. Waiting until now still on loading...zzzz

It worked at 2:30PM but tonight it's not working. Maybe people are more interested in watching SHK and GD. LOL

I'll be camping here guys, waiting for ur live reports. ME has very strict internet rules, i can not easily

download any app here. And check on chanel and vogue china acc :blush:

any recomendation IG account i can stalk? 

7 minutes ago, human1981 said:

It worked at 2:30PM but tonight it's not working. Maybe people are more interested in watching SHK and GD. LOL

I saw most of the people already seated inside and the show starts in 2 minutes so they're probably inside already. Lol

@SarahLovesGh First of all, you dont have to be sorry for dragging me here, coz i lurk in this thread most of the time craving for some SS related news.  I think it will be really great if i can get my hands on this director cut dvds given how pathetic i have become after dots ended. I just want more of YSJ/SJK and KMY/SHK in my screen. But yes it will not be easy to convince my mom, she will probably think i have gone completely crazy. But there is a way. I should just just approach by lovable dad. He wont say no to me. Lol. If i can convince him, then he can handle my mom. Thats what i have planned for now. Lets see how it goes. Thanks for your advice.:)

Just saw this so posting here too (if already posted, I'll take it down)....so excited for this too...hope it will really be released

‘Descendants of the Sun’ director’s cut to be released

For fans of hit TV drama “Descendants of the Sun,” there is great news: A director’s cut DVD will be released in the second half of this year.

Broadcaster KBS and the show’s production company on Tuesday said the director’s cut will feature a reedited version of the last and 16th episode, as well as deleted scenes, a music video and behind-the-scene footage.

Scenes from "Descendants of the Sun" (KBS2)

Drama fans began requesting a director‘s cut even before the show had its finale in April. But previously, the broadcaster and production company had expressed difficulties involved in such a move. However, they decided to produce the new version thanks to fans’ continuous requests.

KBS2 TV drama “Descendants of the Sun,” starring Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo, centers on the romance between an army soldier and a doctor set in a fictional war-torn country.

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201605311618362105272_2

Archived