[Movie 2017] Single Rider 싱글라이더

cutie_let_let

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

February 13, 2017

‘Single Rider’ posters show cheery So-hee, teary Lee Byung-hun

New posters for the upcoming film “A Single Rider” starring Lee Byung-hun, Gong Hyo-jin and Ahn So-hee were revealed by its distributor Warner Bros. Korea on Sunday.

The new poster shows a teary-eyed Lee Byung-hun portraying Kang Jae-hoon, a bankrupt stock firm manager, who loses everything after investing in an insolvent bond. In the film, Kang leaves for Australia, where his wife, Soo-jin, played by Gong Hyo-jin, is preparing to move onto a new life. Unable to approach her, Kang disappears.

The former Wonder Girls member Ahn plays Ji-na, who has gone to Australia for a working holiday. Ahn is shown smiling in the poster with a backpack slung over her shoulder. 

The film, to be released on Feb. 22, is the second Korean film distributed locally by Warner Bros. following last year’s “The Age of Shadows.” 

It is the first feature film by female director Lee Zoo-young.

(doo@heraldcorp.com)

February 13, 2017

Magazine M feat. SINGLE RIDER: Even if you're by my side, I miss you...

Source: JoongAngIlbo

20170208_12.jpg

"It was a scenario that was so complete that I wanted to be in a movie that gave me this kind of emotional stimulation. It was the same when I first read Bungee Jumping of Their Own (2001, directed by Kim Dae-seung). The moment I covered the scenario, it was really lonely. I was sad. "  - Lee Byung Hun interviewed -

Spoiler

20170208_13.jpg

Spoiler

20170208_14.jpg

February 13, 2017

M-Line Showcases Diverse Slate in Berlin
MISSING Finds Buyers at EFM

by Pierce Conran / KoBiz

M-Line Distribution is having a busy European Film Market, with several reported sales for its titles coming out of Berlin.

Director E.oni’s kidnap thriller MISSING, starring KONG Hyo-jin (Crush And Blush, 2008) and UHM JI-won (The Silenced, 2015), was snatched up by Klockworx for Japan, MATV for several Asian markets, including Singapore, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand and Sri Lanka. Meanwhile, M-Line also singed in-flight rights deals with GEE and Emphasis.

Upcoming action-comedy Part-Time Spy, which features KANG Ye-won (INSANE, 2016) as an undercover agent at a voice phishing scam center and will hit Korean screens in March, will also be receiving simultaneous releases in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei courtesy of Encore, as well as in Vietnam through Kim Quy Media. In addition, Long Shong picked up the film for Taiwan.

The gritty youth thriller Derailed, which debuted at the Busan International Film Festival last October, was sold to Lemontree for China, Deltamac for Hong Kong, AV-Jet for Taiwan and MAXAM for Japan. Min-ho of K-pop band SHINee stars alongside TRAIN TO BUSAN’s Don LEE.

prCpJDQDbkLovGDybUeI.png

M-Line is also presenting several new titles in its lineup in Berlin. These include the drama A Single Rider from debut director LEE Joo-young. The second Korean production by Warner Bros., the film stars LEE Byung-hun and KONG Hyo-jin. The Tooth and the Nail, from directors JUNG Sik (Epitaph, 2007) and KIM Hwi (The Neighbors, 2012), is an adaptation of the Bill S. Ballinger novel of same name. Set in the Japanese Occupation Era, the film stars KO Soo (The Front Line, 2011) and KIM Joo-hyuk (Yourself and Yours, 2016) and will be released theatrically in the spring. LEE An-gyu’s debut crime drama A Special Lady stars KIM Hye-soo (Coin Locker Girl, 2015) as a crime boss whose position is jeopardized when her enemies learn of the existence of her secret son. 

Also among M-Line’s lineup are the Busan International Film Festival indies Coffee Mate, from director YI Hyun-ha, CHO Hyunhoon’s Jane, KIM Jong-kwan’s The Table, AHN Sun-kyoung’s Hyeon’s Quartet and SON Tae-gyum’s Baby Beside Me, as well as JUNG Yoon-suk’s new documentary Bamseom Pirates Seoul Inferno, which recently debuted at the Rotterdam International Film Festival. 

Quite an unexpected news but undoubtedly another high point for SINGLE RIDER, hope these two actors' good insight about the movie will come true.

February 16, 2017

Actors Lee Byung Hun and Ha Jung Woo, transformed into SINGLE RIDER co-producers!

Source: Enews IMBC ++ (ELBH Google-translate)

2017021701001422700098981.jpg

Lee Byung-hun X Ha Jung-woo's choice! 

SINGLE  RIDER which is confirmed to be released on February 22, is attracting the attention of media and audiences as the first well-made emotional drama in 2017, as actors Lee Byung-hun and Ha Jung-woo are participating as filmmakers.

Actors Lee Byung-hun and Ha Jung-woo have participated as producers for the movie. Lee Byung-hun as the main actor co-produced with fellow actor Ha Jung Woo as they participated in the production. As SINGLE RIDER highlights the return of Korean-style emotional drama, the participation of these actors is gaining more attention. 

The film portrays a psychological and emotional change through a man's journey from Korea to Sydney, Australia, based on a high-quality film scenario. Lee Byung-hun and Ha Jung-woo who also read the scenario and decided to participate in the production. Actor Lee Byung-hun in the past production meeting said, "I think that it is especially meaningful to be able to participate in co-productions," adding to the feeling and completeness of this work. It is hoped that these two actors' appreciation for the movie will be a sign of the resurgence of Korean emotional melodrama.

February 16, 2017

SINGLE RIDER Cast at SBS Cultwo Radio Show

Source: Xportsnews (ELBH Google gist translate)

1487224308157651.jpg

Actors Lee Byung Hun, Gong Hyo Jin and Ahn So Hee appeared at the SBS radio show Power FM Cultwo this afternoon. The actors participated in the live talk show to promote their upcoming movie, SINGLE RIDER.

Gong Hyo Jin made a pledge that if SINGLE RIDER exceeds 1 million admission, Lee Byung Hun will sing a song and if it exceeds 2 million audience rate, she will return to the radio show and sing as well. Lee Byung Hun then quipped that if the movie exceeds 2 million admission, Gong Hyo Jin will play the violin for them which makes everyone laugh. GHJ had earlier said that she had a hard time playing the violin (as a skilled violinist in the movie) that resulted in NGs. LBH mentioned that in a sad scene, he could not stop laughing and focus after hearing GHJ playing the violin.

Asked about his secret in delivering English dialogues in the movie, Lee Byung Hun stated that he had to throw away his fears and to just speak as it is.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On February 15, the cast and director of SINGLE RIDER had also appeared on a radio show to talk about the movie. Please watch the video HERE (courtesy CGV FB). Thanks to PlanetBH0712 for the highlight.

20170215cgv_radio.jpg

February 16, 2017

Ha Jung-woo debuts as producer in ‘Single Rider’

Ha Jung-woo (Yonhap)

Ha Jung-woo has been credited as a movie producer for the upcoming film “Single Rider,” expanding the scope beyond his fame as one of the most influential actors in Korea.

It marks the first time the 38-year-old actor has produced a movie, despite having acted and directed multiple flicks during the course of his career.

“This is the first feature-length flick of the Perfect Storm Film -- which produced the movie -- and as Ha is involved in the company, he came to participate as a producer,” an official related to the movie was quoted by local media on Thursday.

Lee Byung-hun, one of the stars of the movie, is also one of the producers, although not credited by name. 

Lee has said co-producing the movie has been “very meaningful and proud.” 

Single Rider, co-starring Kong Hyo-Jin and Ahn So-hee, is the first feature film by director Lee Joo-Young. It will hit the theaters on Feb. 22. 

By Yoon Min-sik (minsikyoon@heraldcorp.com)

February 16, 2017

Ahn Sohee Teases Lee Byung Hun On His Bad Dad Jokes

Source: Soompi by JiwonYu 

Ahn Sohee Lee Byung Hun

On February 16, actors Lee Byung Hun, Gong Hyo Jin, and Ahn So Hee appeared on the recent broadcast of “2 O’clock Escape Cultwo Show” to promote their new film “A Single Rider.”

When asked about how it feels to be working with Lee Byung Hun, Ahn Sohee praised, “He has a certain aura around him even if he doesn’t talk. He’s very kind. Whenever I ask him something he helps and takes care of me.”

However, she revealed an odd side to him, saying, “Lee Byung Hun’s jokes are not funny. He even threw some dad jokes a moment ago.”

Lee Byung Hun expressed his disappointment, saying, “I really like Gong Hyo Jin. I became her fan after watching her works. So I thought she would like my humor but I was disappointed. She did not understand my sense of humor.”

Source (1) (2

Archived