[Maindland China Drama 2015-2016] 太子妃升職記 Go Princess Go!

ChloeR

"太子妃升職記 Go Princess Go!" (2015)

1452068318-eva-vn-05-thai-tu-phi-thang-c

thai-tu-phi-thang-chuc-ky-canh-giuong-ch

1451495177-thaitu_lang-sao_eva--1-.jpg

Warning: Racy photos

Spoiler

1452062832-1452055813-thai-tu-phi-8.jpg

thai-tu-phi.jpg

Number of Episodes: 35 
Duration: Usually around 25-30 minutes 
Cast Members: 
- Zhang Crystal as Zhang Peng Peng (Crown Princess/Empress)
- Sheng Peter as Qi Cheng (Crown Prince/Emperor)
- Yu Alan as Jiu Wang
- Jiang A-Joe as Zhao Wang
- Guo Fiction as Yang Yan (Eunuch)
- Hai Karina as Lu Li (Maid to the Empress)

Synopsis:

Zhang Peng is a playboy who hits his head as he falls into a pool when he's trying to run away from an ex-girlfriend. He wakes up to find that he traveled a thousand years into the past. But, that's not even the biggest problem, he is trapped inside the body of the crown princess of the dynasty - Zhang Peng Peng who is married to the cold-hearted crown prince. The Crown Prince is not one bit interested or affectionate towards his own wife because he is in love with his sister-in-law (Zhang Peng Peng little step-sister) However, after the soul switching incident, the crown princess stopped trying to gain the crown prince's attention and affection but shifted her attention and seduction to the other beauties in her husband's harem. She tries hard to keep her husband away from her bed by pushing him to his other concubines. Her lack of affection and jealousy intrigued the crown prince and he gradually fall in love with her. How will the crown princess reacts to her husband's sudden affection for her?

I personally dont understand chinese, but some of the scenes are so exaggerated and hilarious even without knowing the language. 
It would be nice to have this drama be subbed in english! It's a such a light-hearted romance comedy with good-looking casts!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not seen this drama, but judging from the screencap photos, it appears that there may be scenes that straddle the line between acceptable and too racy to be posted on Soompi. To be on the safe side, please place any potentially racy photos in spoilers with a warning, like I did above. Thanks! ^^

Oh boy!  I was wondering if anyone was keen to discuss this because there is no Eng sub version yet so I did not start the topic....for fear of dangling a carrot and then no fruit to harvest. :P
In any case, this drama is absolutely bizarre, yet

Spoiler

curiously acceptable because the crown prince's wife was a man travelled back in time to the warring states period and became a woman.   Other than the bizarre language, what was diva-ish was the palace setup....so cheap was the production, they use alot of chiffon material for their costumes, some with plunging necklines or tubal dresses or halter necks.   For the men, their armour suits for war are hilarious...as it shows the 6-packs, nipples and belly buttons.   As for the palace it was big but minimalistic and they use strong colours like fushia pink to make it stand out.  Looks almost like a Austin Power movie..

I am a person with an eye for aesthetics feel so the setup seems ok to my eyes.  There is a fine line between sleasy and arty and I must say the director has balanced it very well that I see more art than sleaziness.   Having said this, it is still NOT SUITABLE FOR KIDS viewing.

Next the eye candies....they try to select all the cast with some looks at least to boast.  So everything is like a fashion show.

But what captivates me is the interesting relationship between the crown prince and his princess.  The transformation of the princess accepting that he is a she in this time travel was where all the comedy came from.   The touching moments are between the prince and his princess and their love-hate ties.....:wub:

I love the drama so much that chasing it was painful for me as it takes a long time to upload and each episode is very short.....so I went to read the Internet story (the original) and found out the ending.....  I would only say "WOW" for now if it is the same as the drama after I finish watching it.  Currently only up to ep 28...... sigh sigh sigh...so slow...:sweatingbullets:

A few things to note:

1. This drama is not suitable for kids at all as the relationships are all pretty messy(YES, super messy) but I read some 9-10 years old in China are glued to the TV when this was on

2. There is implied gay content in the drama which may be objectionable to some people

3. There are steamy scenes which may not be suitable for kids

4. There is no real substance except a tough love story and comedy moments if one enjoys some brainless moments once in a while.

10 hours ago, Seoshi.love. said:

So this drama, or a specific scene of this drama to be exact, was trending on Weibo. I thought it was just another popular palace drama but GUESS WHAT?! It was so freaking weird.. who produced this drama?!

On 1/7/2016 at 2:43 PM, ChloeR said:

@Seoshi.love.

Ugh i'm so jealous! I wish I can understand Chinese too! No one had eng sub it yet haha I love how the main heroine frequently throw in some korean words like "oppa,ottoke" LOL I hope you enjoy it! :D

The show is pretty hilarious - wish I can understand all of it. I can only understand probably about 60%. Viki has a request form - maybe if they get enough request someone will sub it! https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/z1ovcsxe011lqq2/

I picked up this drama a few days ago and honestly, despite the brainless comedy and the obvious traces of a low budget production, I think the cast did a pretty good job in bringing the story to the audience. I wouldn't give it 10 out of 10 but I just like it somehow.

Loving this one! The absurdity just gets to me. It's obvious that it's not supposed to be taken seriously. I mean seriously... their costumes are so not authentic, looks filmsy and pretty bad at times. But considering their pretty low budget production, the plot have been entertaining me, especially the dialogues.

The setting itself is absurd from the beginning, hahaha! I love the heroine... (er... the hero), especially when she's speaking out her inner voice (in a male voiceover), LMAO! 

Just did a marathon from ep1-8 today and I'm addicted. So glad that this drama airs 1 ep everyday and 1ep is only 20min long. Pretty easy to watch so far.

On 1/8/2016 at 11:48 PM, lovehbhjw2013 said:

4. There is no real substance except a tough love story and comedy moments if one enjoys some brainless moments once in a while.

Couldn't agree more, but still a amazing web series with what they have done. 

Who cares if it's low budget, the performance is pretty amazing! I laughed so much while watching this XD I love how they used the wind in sooo many of their scenes~ haha 

They can also get super heartfelt in the later episodes too! I've watched up to 34 and hope there'll be a good ending coming soon! 

Props to all the actors that make this web series amazing! I wonder if there are bts or ng scenes their willing to share XD 

On 1/11/2016 at 1:42 AM, c_gunawan541 said:

Loving this one! The absurdity just gets to me. It's obvious that it's not supposed to be taken seriously. I mean seriously... their costumes are so not authentic, looks filmsy and pretty bad at times. But considering their pretty low budget production, the plot have been entertaining me, especially the dialogues.

The setting itself is absurd from the beginning, hahaha! I love the heroine... (er... the hero), especially when she's speaking out her inner voice (in a male voiceover), LMAO! 

Just did a marathon from ep1-8 today and I'm addicted. So glad that this drama airs 1 ep everyday and 1ep is only 20min long. Pretty easy to watch so far.

The dialogue and plot has been the highlight for me too! Another thing that really threw me off in the beginning, and still kinda does is that everyone is showing off their legs somehow lol XD I mean, most of the men's outfit are shorts... who designed this omg XD The set, costumes, writing/dialogue, scenes, filming technique gives this drama its own flavor. <3

16 hours ago, elliezsnow said:

Couldn't agree more, but still a amazing web series with what they have done. 

Who cares if it's low budget, the performance is pretty amazing! I laughed so much while watching this XD I love how they used the wind in sooo many of their scenes~ haha 

They can also get super heartfelt in the later episodes too! I've watched up to 34 and hope there'll be a good ending coming soon! 

Props to all the actors that make this web series amazing! I wonder if there are bts or ng scenes their willing to share XD 

The dialogue and plot has been the highlight for me too! Another thing that really threw me off in the beginning, and still kinda does is that everyone is showing off their legs somehow lol XD I mean, most of the men's outfit are shorts... who designed this omg XD The set, costumes, writing/dialogue, scenes, filming technique gives this drama its own flavor. <3

I read somewhere that the costumes are inspired by runway fashion or they got it from run way fashion.  

I just watched ep 35 and surprisingly could understand about 85% of their dialogue on this epi...though I don't quite like the ending and well it doesn't make sense to me towards the end. Does anyone know what the original ending was from the book? 

5 hours ago, polaress said:

I read somewhere that the costumes are inspired by runway fashion or they got it from run way fashion.  

Haha, really?!?!? They were totally not going for being realistic lol 

5 hours ago, polaress said:

I just watched ep 35 and surprisingly could understand about 85% of their dialogue on this epi...though I don't quite like the ending and well it doesn't make sense to me towards the end. Does anyone know what the original ending was from the book? 

I also don't understand the ending... apparently there's the happily ever after one and the other one. I'm also curious about the original ending in the book!

16 minutes ago, elliezsnow said:

Haha, really?!?!? They were totally not going for being realistic lol 

I also don't understand the ending... apparently there's the happily ever after one and the other one. I'm also curious about the original ending in the book!

Here is the link to their clothing inspiration: http://www.ipctu.com/m/view.php?aid=22573 (haha). Someone on weibo commented that the ending is just a dream. Apparently, there is a second season. 

I wish someone is kind enough to translate the chinese novel so that we can read it in english. 

Archived