[Drama 2016] Happy Home 가화만사성

larus

27 minutes ago, larus said:

What is Hanja dialogue? Sorry to be so ignorant.

Sorry. I mean using Hanja in the dialogues.  As the Wikipedia said :

Hanja is the Korean name for Chinese characters (hànzì). More specifically, it refers to those Chinese characters borrowed from Chinese and incorporated into the Korean language with Korean pronunciation.

The drama name itself is Hanja 가화만사성 [家和萬事成] Well...no wonder the story is based on Chinese restaurant~ Hope the dialogue is easy to understand!~

And, i hope there is someone who knows Chinese, Korean and English very well. Lol. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim So Yeon to play a housewife in ‘Happy Home’

Actress Kim So Yeon has been confirmed for upcoming MBC TV weekend drama ‘Happy Home’ which will premiere next month, where she will play a housewife of 13 years.

The production team said, “Kim So Yeon has been confirmed for the role of Bong Hae Ryung. Bong Hae Ryung seems to be really calm, but is always troubled by things that erupt around her. Please look forward to Kim So Yeon’s portrayal of Bong Hae Ryung’s up and down life.”

The drama is set in a big restaurant of Korea’s Chinatown, and revolve around the Bong family members who continuously get into trouble, but grow to understand each other.

Kim So Yeon will take on the role of Bong Hae Ryung, who is the eldest daughter of Bong Sam Bong (Kim Young Chul). Bong Hae Ryung is a housewife who has been married for 13 years, and her husband is also rising high in a big corporation, while her mother-in-law is a famous hanbok designer.

Although Bong Hae Ryung has a bright and optimistic personality, she is often hurt by her demanding mother-in-law and cold-hearted husband.

Kim So Yeon said, “I was so drawn to the role, that I finished reading the script in one go. I was really in love with the role, and felt that I couldn’t miss it, so I decided to accept the offer. I am really looking forward to the opportunity, of being in a family drama that will offer warmth to viewers. I will work hard to prepare for the drama, and not disappoint. Please look forward to ‘Happy Home’ in February.”

The production said, “Kim So Yeon’s stable acting and proactive personality fits the drama’s character perfectly, so we decided to get her. Please show lots of interest and support.”

The script for ‘Happy Home’ will be penned by Jo Eun Jung, while Lee Dong Yoon PD will direct. The two are also linking up for the second time, after working on MBC TV ‘Feast of the Gods’ in 2012, and much is anticipated of their chemistry.
‘Happy Home’ will premiere on February 27th, following ‘Mom.’

http://kpopfighting.com/2016/01/12/kim-so-yeon-to-play-a-housewife-in-happy-home/

We have to thank Alvin from KPOP Fighting for the translations.

@larus:  you're welcome.  from the vietnamese and Chinese news, they describe more about soyeon's character and so far i like it. I just hope the writer make it as good as it got described now :)) 

I hope Oh Man Suk confirms to act too. He's really good actor. I like him in Wang family :)) he and Le Pil Mo both are Stage actors. I dont't know about LPM, but OMS is very popular as a stage actor. I'm wondering why both these two stage actors got offer to play in this drama? anything involve in stage performances? :)

1 hour ago, AshleyL said:

I hope Oh Man Suk confirms to act too. He's really good actor. I like him in Wang family :)) he and Le Pil Mo both are Stage actors. I dont't know about LPM, but OMS is very popular as a stage actor. I'm wondering why both these two stage actors got offer to play in this drama? anything involve in stage performances?

Yes, both of them are musical actors too. I would not mind if one of them (or both ) will sing something in this drama. It won`t happen but I would love it. :D

I don`t know if both are playing in this drama. I hope so. I really don`t know them. Oh Man Suk`s face is familiar but I don`t remember where I saw him or which character he played. I am really curious who will play So yeon`s husband in this drama. A cold-hearted husband and an annoying mother in law... what a combo!!! Poor Hae Kang. She seams so delicate and warmhearted. Plus, her family has problems. She will need a break, a retreat, ( a recharge ;)).  Hope she will have a friend. I wish to see a woman friendship too (maybe with the former sister in law Han Mi Soon , Kim Ji Ho`s character. She has not had a happy family life either). If she will survive this mess of the family, she is a strong woman.

I really want to see the whole cast soon and character description for all major character. I am sure tomorrow we`ll have another news. I can`t wait.

I just realized that So yeon`s character name is Bong Hae-Ryung and not Bong Hae Kang. :D

@larusOh Man suk acted in The Vineyard Man, which is popular in 2006. Don't know if you have seen it that you may think he looks familiar :) I'm not Korean drama lover, but i watch some, and he's one of the actor that i feel is a good actor.  So far  I like all the actors and actresses who got name mention to join this drama.  Hope they all confirm soon and we will know more about their characters. 

@brbe33 Thank you for the pic, I'm sure they will be happy to work together once again :) 

Lee Pil Mo confirmed to appear in drama Happy Home as Kim soyeon`s husband.

1452658389397.jpg

His character started as a delivery boy in the past but now works in a company in a higher position. as a manager in a conglomerate. (I don`t know if I get it right from RAW translation). The charismatic husband, named Yoo Hyun ki, is a perfectionist,seeking perfection in all things, an "workaholic cold as ice"  I used Raw and I don`t have much time to look through translation. Hope we`ll have translations.

http://www.xportsnews.com/jenter/?ac=article_view&entry_id=681341&_REFERER=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.google.com

Edit: He did not started as a delivery boy (that`s Bong Sambong character). He is from a healthy family, his demanding mother is a famous hanbok designer.

@larus, thank you for starting the thread, and for the amazing work you have done.

Hi everyone,    I am glad Viki already has a thread for it., but so far, only 28 followers.  May I ask that everyone, including lurkers click on the + sign to follow the channel - that in addition to submitting the title request form as indicated in first post. (what a great idea, @larus!)

@ororomunroe, hi...   :)   From the team of writer/PD I have seen "Feast of the Gods." I thought it was entertaining enough.

I am here mostly for the culinary aspect. Funny, that my first Kdrama was "Gourmet" with Kim So-Yeon, and I watched that initially for the culinary aspect.

I like Kim So-Yeon and Lee Pil-Mo. I also liked Yoon Da-Yoon in one drama that I have seen him in (Tears of Heaven)

Sorry.. I don't think I am familiar with the other actors... Actually, Lee Jong-Hyun I have seen in Gentleman's Dignity and Adolescent Medley, and Kim Ji-Ho I have seen in the movie "Unbowed."

@brbe33, hi... It sounds like it may be challenging to sub it, needing subbers who know both Chinese and Korean?

Thank you for updates and information....

2 hours ago, irilight said:

Hi everyone,    I am glad Viki already has a thread for it., but so far, only 28 followers.  May I ask that everyone, including lurkers click on the + sign to follow the channel - that in addition to submitting the title request form as indicated in first post.

Yes, we all should summit the request for this drama. We want translations. Lat time I checked there were only 16 followers. I think the number will increase but I don`t know if the show will be popular at least for a weekend drama. Fingers crossed more people will show interest.

One by one they are announced... we will know all the cast soon.

I think the actress Won Mi Kyung confirmed as well.

Kim So Yeon is ready for her drama comeback!

January 12, 2016 @ 1:55 pm
kim-so-yeon_1452614874_af_org.jpg

Your new 'We Got Married' sweetheart, Kim So Yeon, is now ready to make her drama comeback!

She has been cast as the lead of MBC's new weekend drama, 'When One's Home is Happy.'  Promotion agency The Tik Tok revealed on January 12 that she will be playing Bong Hae Ryung, a housewife of 13 years and the firstborn daughter of the Bong family.  The background of the drama is the biggest restaurant in Chinatown called Ka Hwa Man Sa Sung (which translates to 'when one's home is happy').

The promotion agency stated, "Bong Hae Ryung is as serene as the eye of a typhoon, but due to the raging situations around her, she ends up living a life that's like a wave."

Kim So Yeon explained, "I completely fell into the character, so I read the synopsis and script in one sitting.  I thought I could not lose this character because it really seemed to fit me, so I decided to appear."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/01/kim-so-yeon-is-ready-for-her-drama-comeback

I can`t wait to read the English translation for all the characters. Now... I anticipating Lee PilMo`s character description. I want to know how he really is. I don`t have a good impression right now about the men of this drama. :D One thing is to have a cold personality and other is to be cold-hearted. JMO. I could see how being workaholic he can have some problem in his marriage but at least I want to know if he loves his wife, that he has other redeeming qualities.

I am also curious who will play that looser spoiled husband Bong, married with Han Mi Soon.

Hi, I got interested on this drama because I love kim so yeon and so far I am happy with the people being casted, seems they are choosing some popular and good actors. I never watched a familiar drama with that many episodes, so I have no clue in what to expect, but I am hoping to be really good drama to make a big hit for them! ^_^

btw so yean and lee pil mo make a great looking couple for the drama :wub:

I'm so glad to know that Yoon Da Yoon confirmed to be in this drama as well. He's a good actor and been in many popular family dramas. So far i really like all the actors and actresses being casted. 

I guess Oh Man Suk would act as a spoiled husband Bong. 

Hello all!! Sorry for not mentioning everyone. 

New cast!!!

[단독]윤진이·박민우, MBC '가화만사성' 출연 확정

Yoon Jin-Yi•Park Min-woo joined MBC weekend drama "Happy Home" confirmed

Yoon Jin-Yi (윤진이) as Ju Se-ri (주세리)

Park Min-Woo (박민우) as Lee Kang-Min (이강민)

13 hours ago, dannah5 said:

Hi, I got interested on this drama because I love kim so yeon and so far I am happy with the people being casted, seems they are choosing some popular and good actors. I never watched a familiar drama with that many episodes, so I have no clue in what to expect, but I am hoping to be really good drama to make a big hit for them

Same here. :) I am watching this drama because of So yeon and it is my first experience as well with a family Kdrama but now.... I am looking forward to this drama hoping for the best. 

28 minutes ago, dannah5 said:

Seems they talking a bit more about the story here

It doesn`t not saying much. Just the same articles. As I said earlier, I am not sure how Lee Pil Mo`s character will be. I am waiting for a proper translation. I understand that he is the opposite of Hae Ryung in term of personality but I want to know if the will be the villain. I hope not.:) Either way, It sounds to be an interesting character.

Won Mi Kyung has confirmed the appearance in drama Happy Home. She will play Bong Sambong`s wife and will lead a major story in the drama.

기사의 본문상단 이미지

http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?year=2016&no=36633

If she returned after 14 years on the small screen and she "felt attracted to a solid screenplay and a fresh character" I am optimistic about this drama.

Archived