[Soompi] Announcing Holiday Present Hunt on Soompi Forums! [All Winners Announced!]

danimals88

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 hours ago, IleniaL said:

Hi!! Now that Round 2 is over can someone please tell me the answer to clue #5? After 3 days I couldn't find it yet . Thank you very much and Merry Christmas!!!!

For each clue, the present is only there for one day. And you're not supposed to ask people for answers. You'll have to wait for the Holiday Hunt to be over to know the answer.

Wikipedia is my best friend! Found clue 8 whilst having a vague idea of what it was referring to but Wiki helped affirm my suspicions. So many clues relating to dramas :( I literally have zilch knowledge in that field.

7 hours ago, soso143 said:

What is the correct way to submit the answer to the form? Do I just copy and paste the URL to the google form?

Take a screenshot of the present in the post and upload it to an image-sharing site (eg. Imgur or Tinypic) and then, paste the URL to the Google form. NOTE: Remember that the present is only up for 1 day so don't forget to take the screenshot ASAP!

OR

Describe the whereabouts of each present in detail (i.e. which post it was in, which page, which thread and maybe also who posted the post with the present in it)

For extra detail, you could do both of the options, like I've been doing for my answers during the past round. :) You submit all 3 answers at the end of each round.

omg omg omg. This is the 1st time I'm able to solve all clues in 1 round, after failing n getting frustrated over the present box (or easter egg) hunting clues for few years So excited when submitting my answers!! Fingers crossed..

Many thanks to the people who come up with the exciting contest and such amazing clues!!

Guest moonlightning

I thought I knew the answer but I can't find the present:(  Kind of strange cause how many movies with those circumstances can there be?

Just to be sure the page number is the birthdate and month added up right? So if it was today it would be 27+12=39?

I hope I'll be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong

2 hours ago, moonlightning said:

I thought I knew the answer but I can't find the present:(  Kind of strange cause how many movies with those circumstances can there be?

Just to be sure the page number is the birthdate and month added up right? So if it was today it would be 27+12=39?

I hope I'll be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong

I suggest you read the last sentence of the clue at another perspective/angle. :)

Guest livbran

Round 3 is the first time I'm participating in this. In the rules on the first post it said, "We recommend saving the URL or the thread name/page." I submitted the thread name and page as well as the url in the Google form, but I did not describe where the present was located on the page. I noticed on a later page in this thread thread, a mod said we should do that as well. Should/Can I resubmit my entry with more details or is a link to the thread and page number okay?

Edit: Just realized I can't edit my form. I'd really hate to be disqualified because I actually do have screenshots of the presents, but didn't realize they were so important to include. Wish I had read more than just the first post of this thread OTL   

Guest moonlightning
6 hours ago, worldno17 said:

I suggest you read the last sentence of the clue at another perspective/angle. :)

Yay, found it! Thanks!

14 hours ago, livbran said:

Round 3 is the first time I'm participating in this. In the rules on the first post it said, "We recommend saving the URL or the thread name/page." I submitted the thread name and page as well as the url in the Google form, but I did not describe where the present was located on the page. I noticed on a later page in this thread thread, a mod said we should do that as well. Should/Can I resubmit my entry with more details or is a link to the thread and page number okay?

Edit: Just realized I can't edit my form. I'd really hate to be disqualified because I actually do have screenshots of the presents, but didn't realize they were so important to include. Wish I had read more than just the first post of this thread OTL   

It's okay to submit it the way that you did. ^^ I haven't disqualified anyone, to date, for not providing "enough" information as long as I am able to tell that you were truly able to find the present.

12 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

It's okay to submit it the way that you did. ^^ I haven't disqualified anyone, to date, for not providing "enough" information as long as I am able to tell that you were truly able to find the present.

Can you give us some info on how many people have sent correct answers for each round and etc.? Also does it give you an advantage if you submitted correct answers for the previous rounds? :)

36 minutes ago, kendisi said:

Can you give us some info on how many people have sent correct answers for each round and etc.? Also does it give you an advantage if you submitted correct answers for the previous rounds? :)

We get a good number of submitted forms for each round and I can count the number of disqualified members (due only to answers that were completely wrong) on one hand. ^^ Previous rounds do NOT give you an advantage for future rounds since we choose the winner completely at random. We use the "draw a name out of a hat" method (except with a box, not a hat... Ha!).

Answer Key for Soompi's 2015 Holiday Hunt

[ROUND 1]

Clue#1 (12/18): Two members of this group were born on the same day. Find out the birth year of the older member and, using the last two digits, look for the first present in this girl group thread.

Spoiler

Answer:

T-ara, page 86

[Qri - December 12, 1986
Eunjung - December 12, 1988]

Clue #2 (12/19): Find the next present in this mysterious yet angelic man’s thread. Search for it on the page of his birth month.

56843b8b3f3bd_ParkSeoJoonClue.png.f02a3d

Spoiler

Answer:

56843bbadb022_ParkSeoJoon.thumb.jpg.9bca

Park Seo Joon, page 12

[Birthday is December 16, 1988]

Clue #3 (12/20): I have a dream (that) cannot be forgotten. We, under the sunset, begin (with) the first kiss that day (and) fate continues to you again. Because I’m next to you, I don’t know how to escape. In the darkness, I remember (the) meaning of you. (Don’t say) goodbye, just like the others. It’s alright even if you cry, I’ll protect you. Won’t you answer me? Can’t it be me? I trust you. I’m waiting.

Spoiler

Answer:

Healer, page 1

[This story-like paragraph was pieced together like a puzzle using only the episode names of this drama:

Ep 01: I have a dream

Ep 02: Fate continues

Ep 03: The first kiss that day

Ep 04: Because I'm next to you

Ep 05: Meaning of you

Ep 06: Begin

Ep 07: We, under the sunset

Ep 08: Cannot be forgotten

Ep 09: I trust you

Ep 10: Can't it be me?

Ep 11: In the darkness

Ep 12: I don't know how to escape

Ep 13: I'm waiting

Ep 14: It's alright even if you cry

Ep 15: I remember

Ep 16: To you again

Ep 17: Won't you answer me?

Ep 18: Just like the others

Ep 19: I'll protect you

Ep 20: Goodbye Healer]

Congratulations on winning the first round, @Fudgers!

[ROUND 2]

Clue #4 (12/21): This multitalented star made his singing debut in 1992, but he didn’t land his first acting gig until 2011. The combined number of studio albums and EPs he has released is the page number needed to find the present in this round.

Spoiler

Answer:

Park Jin Young, page 11

[JYP made his singing debut in 1992, but "Dream High", in 2011, was his official acting debut.]

Clue #5 (12/22): 

“Neither young nor old, yet both at the same time;

Alone somewhere between living and existing;

Narrowly escaped the burning path of fire;

Always by my side is a warm but lifeless companion.”

If you know my age, you will find your present.

Spoiler

Answer:

Kill Me, Heal Me, page 7

["Neither young nor old, yet both at the same time;
Alone somewhere between living and existing;
Narrowly escaped the burning path of fire;
Always by my side is a warm but lifeless companion."

Nana: One of Cha Do Hyun's seven personalities and she's seven years old.]

Clue #6 (12/23): Remember us? Unveil our faces on the first page!

Apink_Clue.jpeg.c40e3e65f08c9e9235f7a8bb

Spoiler

Answer:

Apink, page 1

Apink.thumb.jpg.c74e8abbdb93fbad6a469307

Congratulations on winning the second round, @babyhyun!

[ROUND 3]

Clue #7 (12/24): Find this beautiful actress’s most recent drama, then use the age of her character to find the secret location.

5684766598735_ShinMinAh_Clue.png.c6343c3

Spoiler

Answer:

Oh My Venus, page 33

The actress is Shin Min Ah and she's currently starring in the popular, still airing "Oh My Venus."

56847718024cc_ShinMinAh.jpg.b79e77ef23aa

Clue #8 (12/25): To remember every single detail and to effortlessly forget it all. The lucky number is the number of episodes.

Spoiler

Answer:

Remember - War of the Son, page 24

Clue #9 (12/26): This actor pursued and initiated the production of a film that led to the re-opening of the investigation it was based off of. As a result, a bill regarding the nature of the crime was also passed by the National Assembly. Put the birth month and date of this actor together to find the page with the hidden present.

Spoiler

Answer:

Gong Yoo, page 710

[Gong Yoo was given the novel, "The Crucible" as a gift from a sunbae for his military promotion. He was struck with horror from the reality the novel was based on and initiated the production of the film, "Silenced." The film sparked so much public outrage that the case was re-investigated and the offenders were finally prosecuted. It also led to the Dogani Bill, a revised bill that specifically targets those who commit sex crimes against minors and the disabled. Gong Yoo's birthday is July 10, 1979.]

Congratulations on winning the third round, @CheyenneS!

[ROUND 4]

Clue #7 (12/27): When I Close My Eyes, my Heartbeat(s) Alone for this sub-unit… but why settle for a trio when I can find this seven member idol group?

Spoiler

Answer:

Infinite, page 7

["Heartbeat" and "Alone" are songs sung by Infinite's sub-units, Infinite F and Infinite H respectively, and "When I Close My Eyes" is a solo song sung by Woohyun.]

Clue #8 (12/28): This “goddess” claimed five Best New Actress awards for her breakout role… six years after her already late acting debut. Her portfolio includes the roles of a teacher, the daughter of a CEO, an ex-wife, a nurse, and a politician. Add the month and date of her wedding day together to reveal the hidden treasure.

Spoiler

Answer:

Lee Min Jung, page 18

[She was awarded five Best New Actress awards for Cyrano Agency. She married actor Lee Byung Hun on August 10, 2013.]

Clue #9 (12/29): What does this six year old child look like now, ten years later? Add all the numbers of her birth year together for this last present!

56847c15bf790_KimSoHyun.png.9bdd99ab001f

Spoiler

Answer:

Kim So Hyun, page 28

56847c4c4c2bf_KimSoHyun.jpg.4d4af9c89229

[Her birthday is June 4, 1999.]

Congratulations on winning the fourth and final round, @olaf2!

I had a great time hosting the holiday hunt this year with @danimals88! I hope everyone had fun as well! Hopefully, the clues weren't too hard this year. ^^ Happy holidays, Soompiers! Until next time~~ :D

37 minutes ago, CheyenneS said:

I had fun trying to find the gift boxes. Congrats to the fellow winners 

Will their be instructions on how to claim prize posted later?

I'm still waiting to hear back from an admin on how we'll be proceeding with prize distributions this year. I'll tag all the winners again when I find out all the info! Thanks for your patience! :D

Archived