[Soompi] Announcing Holiday Present Hunt on Soompi Forums! [All Winners Announced!]

danimals88

dB0_Xfh5P7Ex4v5CsTOFAFhNnQvHjohfF_eH4sQZ

Welcome to the 2015 Soompi Forums Holiday Present Hunt!

Yes, we are bringing back the Holiday Present Hunt on the Soompi Forums! If you have seen this in the past, you know how it works. For the ones that are not familiar with this event, here's how it works:

Every day at 12:25 PM PST for the next twelve days, a hint will be posted on this forum thread and using that clue, find the blue present hidden within the Soompi forums. When you find the right thread, the present will be easy to spot! Each clue will only be up for that one day, so make sure you find a way to save your answers before submission at the end of the round. We recommend saving the URL or the thread name/page. You may also take a screenshot and share a link to that. At the end of each round, we will share a Google Form where you will be able to submit your answers. For each round, we will randomly select one person who has the correct answers. Winners will receive a $50 gift card of their choice - YesAsia, Amazon or iTunes.

This is what the elusive blue present looks like:

PRESENT.png.1f7b1f47455fd60c92abb2b07572

Here's a helpful visual representation of the event:

newschedule.png.0942162e5f56fffc8f1282e4

This event is open to all members of the Soompi forums, but play nice! Anyone found providing or soliciting hints will be disqualified. We probably won’t disqualify you for providing gentle hints to your fellow members, but be careful not to give it away!

Ready, set, hunt! :grin:

[ROUND 1]

Clue#1 (12/18): Two members of this group were born on the same day. Find out the birth year of the older member and, using the last two digits, look for the first present in this girl group thread.

Clue #2 (12/19): Find the next present in this mysterious yet angelic man’s thread. Search for it on the page of his birth month.

5675bda78d7ed_ScreenShot2015-12-19at12.2

Clue #3 (12/20): I have a dream (that) cannot be forgotten. We, under the sunset, begin (with) the first kiss that day (and) fate continues to you again. Because I’m next to you, I don’t know how to escape. In the darkness, I remember (the) meaning of you. (Don’t say) goodbye, just like the others. It’s alright even if you cry, I’ll protect you. Won’t you answer me? Can’t it be me? I trust you. I’m waiting.

Round 1 Winner: Fudgers

* All prizes will be distributed at the end of the event. Please check back for instructions on how to claim your prize on or after 12/30.

[ROUND 2]

Clue #4 (12/21): This multitalented star made his singing debut in 1992, but he didn’t land his first acting gig until 2011. The combined number of studio albums and EPs he has released is the page number needed to find the present in this round.

Clue #5 (12/22): 

“Neither young nor old, yet both at the same time;

Alone somewhere between living and existing;

Narrowly escaped the burning path of fire;

Always by my side is a warm but lifeless companion.”

If you know my age, you will find your present.

Clue #6 (12/23): Remember us? Unveil our faces on the first page!

image.thumb.jpeg.afe18a3423908277b4c878b

Round 2 Winner: babyhyun

* All prizes will be distributed at the end of the event. Please check back for instructions on how to claim your prize on or after 12/30.

[ROUND 3]

Clue #7 (12/24): Find this beautiful actress’s most recent drama, then use the age of her character to find the secret location.

567c4ddd37afa_ScreenShot2015-12-24at11.5

Clue #8 (12/25): To remember every single detail and to effortlessly forget it all. The lucky number is the number of episodes.

Clue #9 (12/26): This actor pursued and initiated the production of a film that led to the re-opening of the investigation it was based off of. As a result, a bill regarding the nature of the crime was also passed by the National Assembly. Put the birth month and date of this actor together to find the page with the hidden present.

Round 3 Winner: CheyenneS

[ROUND 4]

Clue #7 (12/27): When I Close My Eyes, my Heartbeat(s) Alone for this sub-unit… but why settle for a trio when I can find this seven member idol group?

Clue #8 (12/28): This “goddess” claimed five Best New Actress awards for her breakout role… six years after her already late acting debut. Her portfolio includes the roles of a teacher, the daughter of a CEO, an ex-wife, a nurse, and a politician. Add the month and date of her wedding day together to reveal the hidden treasure.

Clue #9 (12/29): What does this six year old child look like now, ten years later? Add all the numbers of her birth year together for this last present!

5682ed54b5f2d_ScreenShot2015-12-29at12.3

That concludes the final round of the Soompi Forums Holiday Present Hunt!

Thank you for playing and good luck! Happy holidays!

Round 4 Winner: olaf2

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NAMELESS X said:

I am totally a newbie. Actually I don't know how to play this. Can anyone teach me?

Hi! Welcome to Soompi forum! The holiday hunt is actually pretty simple and easy, not to mention fun! The purpose of the game is to find a blue present box. Solve the clue provided in the first post and using that answer, go to the correct page of that thread. You'll want to either copy the link or take a screencap of the present. Remember, though, that each clue (and each present associated with that clue) will only be available for the duration of one day, so you'll want to move quickly!

Each round lasts for three days, so make sure to keep track of your answers in a separate document! Once three days are up, a Google form will be posted and you'll move all of your answers into the form for submission. There will be one lucky winner for each of the four rounds.

So, for example, say the clue today is:

"To be punny, Soompi forums recently held a makeover contest for this k-pop group! Look for the present on the fifth page."

To dissect the clue, you'll have to think about what contests we've held recently. The last one we had was a rank icon contest. Since the clue also mentioned something about being punny, you would then realize that iKON is the k-pop group being mentioned, since icon = iKON. Your next step would be to go to the fifth page of the iKON thread, then take a screencap of the blue present box that's located somewhere on that page.

Just follow the same concept for each day and then submit your answers when the Google forms open up at the end of each round. :)

I hope my explanation helps!

Guest moonlightning

I'm also new here and I feel really stupid for asking but where can I find the girl group threat?

I've tried looking around on the site but it's still a maze to me...

18 minutes ago, An Pham said:

I already know the answer (because this group is my favorite group hehe ) then what am I going to do now ??

17 minutes ago, Hanyeoun said:

@danimals88

ve_zpscea9c5fc.gif~c200

(5 minutes later...)

I surrender!

At the end of each round, a Google form will be shared in the first post where you can submit your answers.

Yeah, so when you have found the blue present hidden within the forums, save the URL or general information (which thread, which page, which post). To be eligible to win, you have to participate in all 3 days of the round. When 12/20 comes around, there would have been 3 clues and that completes Round 1. A Google Form will be shared along with Clue #3 on that day and you can submit your answers then! Good luck!

Guest NAMELESS X
10 minutes ago, moonlightning said:

I'm also new here and I feel really stupid for asking but where can I find the girl group threat?

Same as me. I feel really stupid right now :huh:

1 hour ago, akinahana89 said:

Hi! Welcome to Soompi forum! The holiday hunt is actually pretty simple and easy, not to mention fun! The purpose of the game is to find a blue present box. Solve the clue provided in the first post and using that answer, go to the correct page of that thread. You'll want to either copy the link or take a screencap of the present. Remember, though, that each clue (and each present associated with that clue) will only be available for the duration of one day, so you'll want to move quickly!

Each round lasts for three days, so make sure to keep track of your answers in a separate document! Once three days are up, a Google form will be posted and you'll move all of your answers into the form for submission. There will be one lucky winner for each of the four rounds.

So, for example, say the clue today is:

"To be punny, Soompi forums recently held a makeover contest for this k-pop group! Look for the present on the fifth page."

To dissect the clue, you'll have to think about what contests we've held recently. The last one we had was a rank icon contest. Since the clue also mentioned something about being punny, you would then realize that iKON is the k-pop group being mentioned, since icon = iKON. Your next step would be to go to the fifth page of the iKON thread, then take a screencap of the blue present box that's located somewhere on that page.

Just follow the same concept for each day and then submit your answers when the Google forms open up at the end of each round. :)

I hope my explanation helps!

Omg! I dont expect this to be so hard. I'll try. Thank you (:

54 minutes ago, moonlightning said:

The forum is broken down into different sections, so if you're looking for a girl group thread, you can find them in the K-pop section of the forum. There is also a directory in each section for easy navigation and, if all else fails, you are allowed to use Google to search for what you need. :)

46 minutes ago, NAMELESS X said:

Omg! I dont expect this to be so hard. I'll try. Thank you (:

The clues aren't impossible, just challenging to make it more fun! (I also think there's a greater sense of victory and satisfaction when you find the answer to a toughie! Hehe) Good luck!

Guest moonlightning
9 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

The forum is broken down into different sections, so if you're looking for a girl group thread, you can find them in the K-pop section of the forum. There is also a directory in each section for easy navigation and, if all else fails, you are allowed to use Google to search for what you need. :)

The clues aren't impossible, just challenging to make it more fun! (I also think there's a greater sense of victory and satisfaction when you find the answer to a toughie! Hehe) Good luck!

I'm really sorry for bothering you again but in the K-pop section I only see directories for different groups, solo artists and individual members, but in none of these topics I could find a link to the girl group thread. I also tried to use google but I wasn't able to find it...

1 hour ago, moonlightning said:

I'm really sorry for bothering you again but in the K-pop section I only see directories for different groups, solo artists and individual members, but in none of these topics I could find a link to the girl group thread. I also tried to use google but I wasn't able to find it...

On Google, type in "group name site:http://forums.soompi.com"

Pretty sure you're gonna find it in a second :)

Guest moonlightning
12 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

Thank you very much! I just realised I've been reading the hint wrong all this time:expressionless:. I thought I had to search in a thread about girl groups in general, but I just realised I read it wrong the first time, because I was really tired... Thanks for all the help I've gotten! I will try to read the next hint right :)

5 hours ago, ororomunroe said:

Oooh, I like scavenger hunts. Can mods join?

I don't know if you would be prize eligible, but for the sake of fun, you're more than welcome to participate! Some of the other staff members have joined. :) 

1 hour ago, moonlightning said:

Thank you very much! I just realised I've been reading the hint wrong all this time:expressionless:. I thought I had to search in a thread about girl groups in general, but I just realised I read it wrong the first time, because I was really tired... Thanks for all the help I've gotten! I will try to read the next hint right :)

I'm glad you were able to figure it out! Don't hesitate if you have any other questions. Good luck!

Archived