Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

@Meliere A BIG SHOUT OUT TO YOU!! 

Thank you so much for your public service announcement in MT. 

I have reservations about how well taken it would be, since they seem to think negging is oh-so-charming! 

I am very proud that we are fellow shipmates on this voyage!

• Like 13

Hi, it's my first time here too ~ just wanted to give a shoutout to everyone on this oh-so lovely thread. Refreshing this every 30 min has made the long wait for the finale bearable. I can't believe I started out trying to repress my feelings for Deok Sun x Taek because I didn't want to board a sinking ship. My heart can only taek so much! But of course, something about that smile kept reigning me back in, and now i'm freakin' ECSTATIC that our ship morphed into a combat vessel.

My two cents in response to @melissala's post on Taek's appa.

Taek as a character appealed to me right off the bat because of how multi-layered his personality is (hehe always a soft spot for dem onions). I love the idea that nobody, even those deemed closest to him, truly understands him. He even declared this sentiment aloud to Deok Sun. In a way, Taek's notebook that is kept carefully locked up, evading the eyes of even his father, represents how Taek chooses to guard his innermost thoughts and emotions. Hence Papa Choi's perplexed statement about he wishes for Taek to live a normal life...for him to be angry, to be like "the other kids."

I honestly think that Deok Sun is the only one capable of making his father's dream realized. Just look at Taek's emotional development throughout the course of this drama! What has spurred it? Deok Sun! Who was the one that taught him to curse and use slang, just like the "other kids" do? Who was the one he saw a movie with him in the theaters? Now contrast this with Taek's spree of failed blind dates. Those girls incorrectly dismissed his personality as cold, quiet, boring. Deok Sun is the only girl who will truly understand (and accept!!) why Taek is the way Taek is, and she's the only girl that would stick around to see Taek grow and become (!!!!) the sassy man we see before us in 2015. 

• Like 19

@kannaa816. @melissala. I think I need to watch future scenes again because I disregarded it as being trolling device ^^ Now we have seen different side of him in recent episode maybe we can say it is his normal self  but within first few interviews when Deok Sun was talking about times she hasn't paid attention to him he was  upset  about it that's why he was sarcastic unlike in the past maybe he was aware of things more than he allowed  to be seen. Do you remember Deok Sun put black stone in the middle of baduk board? Maybe  he was sulky that day and couldn't go along with her because he was upset about something. Lol. "Do you want to eat ramen?” How subtle his moodiness is. But since Deok Sun is the one that taught him put things simply how is  she supposed to complain about it when he calls her crazy? Wow Deok Sun literally need to take responsibility for it :D

• Like 7

@st4rdust

Exactly! :lol:

Both sisters think alike, they're trying to get some attention from the man they love by making the guys know about their dating lifes. On the night of Taek's birthday too, i think DS felt something when Taek ask her if she's still with the guy introduced by her stewardess friend (which also Taek's manager GF). But then DS learned about Taek's dating attempt and maybe, just maybe, she felt like she doesn't know anything about him and his dating life (contrary to her trying to get him know about her dating life). Hence the long face before the sleep.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, mariichii said:

How many of you guys have gone back to watch from the beginning?  

I'm gonna do it next week after they release episode 19 and 20 with English subbed haha. I don't want to be suspicious and confuse with everything (like the color/doll theory and their expressions, parallelism and red herrings haha) as the husband race is still on lols. I want to enjoy the drama, I want to see the character and story develop and more of the family aspect so I'm gonna rewatch it when it's finished. I want to see how PD-nim and writer-nim trolled us big time and I want to see exactly what the writer wants to convey without any bias. I'm sure I'm gonna be mindblown and I will see things from different perspective. Haha I told my sister to not continue watching it I think she stopped at the middle of it. I told her don't bother you will be crazy as me I don't want u to experience what I'm experiencing right now, like my mind is just preoccupied with this ship, excited for the next episode, at the same time nervous. Like the feeling of having a crush and also the feeling of a broken heart I really don't know how to explain it like I'm feeling mixed emotions right now :D

• Like 6

3 hours ago, mariichii said:

How many of you guys have gone back to watch from the beginning?  

lol I think I've done it like twice now...or one and a half because the second rewatch I was just looking for certain scenes XP

Also...wow I just got back from the MT and people are vicious! To @packmule3 in particular. I honestly haven't found anything wrong/rude/condescending in her tone. Have any of you? (I think it's just that JH shippers want to believe she's saying it in a mean/condescending way that they read it like that in their heads) There are even people mocking her there. That's just too much.

PS @Meliere round of applause to you for that psa because it is so so SO important that people realize that. Heck, when I have my own kids someday, I'm going to tell them it's not ever okay to pick on someone you like and they if someone is calling my kid ugly or pulling at your hair because "they like you" you can bet your bum I'm calling the teacher, principal, and the brat's kid in so I can properly reprimand them for not discouraging such barbaric behavior and teaching their kids properly.

• Like 15

When Taek passed Deoksun JH's wallet and told her to give it to JH is it Taek way of letting go or confirming something? (knowing that Deoksun can see it). That's why I love Taekiiii there's something more with his character the writer really love him! haha because he is perfection lols. He is not just the competitive guy that they know of but he is also a guy who's willing to sacrifice for his friends and family. As the story progress, we see his character development. I want to see more! Episode 19 and 20 pls hurry up haha. :D

• Like 3

Hope @packmule3 don't be bothered with all the harsh words they throw to her on main thread.  Everyone has rights to interprete and share things, that on particular scene, you see it this way, I see it that way, no one is right or wrong here and no one has rights to attack others for looking things differently than them. Those people are just mean and feeling insecured. I confess something she posted sounds a bit far stretch to me :)) but overall, most of time I agree and admire her ability to look at the depth of each scene, and to connect everything together.

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, lovelyrainy said:

Hope @packmule3 don't be bothered with all the harsh words they throw to her on main thread.  Everyone has rights to interprete and share things, that on particular scene, you see it this way, I see it that way, no one is right or wrong here and no one has rights to attack others for looking things differently than them. Those people are just mean and feeling insecured. I confess something she possed sounds a bit far stretch to me :)) but overall, most of time I agree and admire her ability to look at the depth of each scene, and to connect everything together.

I saw it too. Didn't bother reading it until the end too long lols. She has her point and also @packmule3 has her point too. But the way she wrote it, was just so mean even I reading it I'm feeling hurt haha so aggressive lols. Let there be peace :) the way I see it the sea is so big so there's a place for all of us! Cheer up @packmule3 Cheer up guys! :blush::heart:

P.S.

I'm rewatching episode 18 and episodes that I missed and the more I watch it the more I'm gaining confidence with our ship hahaha. I'm 99% confident right now I don't know I'm not relying on any clues/hints just my gut instincts telling me lols. 

• Like 4

Earlier when I was backtracking the last couple of pages of this thread, I saw someone comment about TK no longer having to take sleeping pills because he'll be able to sleep comfortably by DS's side (or something like that). Well, as a Psych major, I couldn't help but think about a particular a research that was done on love and how it can affect the brain. According to researchers at Stanford, "Intense, passionate feelings of love can provide amazingly effective pain relief, similar to painkillers.."

So going back to the notion of TK no longer needing sleeping pills when he sleeps with DS by his side, TK will also no longer need painkillers all that much. I'm not saying DS will end the headaches or that TK will never have to take painkillers again, but at the very least, TK won't use/need them as much. Not only will DS make sure he goes easy on those pills, but DS, the girl of his dreams (haha literally... and figuratively??.. because that kiss was not a dream lbr), living by his side for the rest of his life can only do him good. She makes him happy and feel better. ♡

"It turns out that the areas of the brain activated by intense love are the same areas that drugs use to reduce pain."

(Lmao TK wasn't joking when he said that without DS he feels like dying)

[source]  

• Like 24

Hi guys I'm an old user of soompi but I just recently revived my account just for this ship. 

It's amazing how we survived and accepted that our ship might still actually go down but we're still holding on to it. I think that is just pure humility  but genuine love ❤

Anyway I've been rewatching the series and in episode 6- confession in the first day of snowfall, Deok Sun was crying because of Sun woo. And the radio DJ  said:

"I hope everyone who confesses today has their love come true... And by any chance, if there is anyone who hasn't been confessed yet..or, if you're suffering from love-related pains, don't be too sad. Another person may be in love with you right now.....

and they may just confess to you that they've liked you for a long time, even though you were totally unaware."

Then Deok Sun's phone rings. Taek called.. And asked her out for the first time.

I know this does not reveal the husband.. But isn't that just how quietly sweet Taek is? He must have mustered everything to do that too.. Being tired from baduk competition. He also felt that the snowfall is his chance to finally show that he likes her.

Ahhhhh... So good to be in love :wub:

But let's not forget also that there are so much DS-TK loose ends like this in Reply 1988 which the writers need to close. I hope they finally let Taek narrate. And hopefully it's a good one!!!

• Like 24

15 minutes ago, jiyoos said:

Earlier when I was backtracking the last couple of pages of this thread, I saw someone comment about TK no longer having to take sleeping pills because he'll be able to sleep comfortably by DS's side (or something like that). Well, as a Psych major, I couldn't help but think about a particular a research that was done on love and how it can affect the brain. According to researchers at Stanford, "Intense, passionate feelings of love can provide amazingly effective pain relief, similar to painkillers.."

So going back to the notion of TK no longer needing sleeping pills when he sleeps with DS by his side, TK will also no longer need painkillers all that much. I'm not saying DS will end the headaches or that TK will never have to take painkillers again, but at the very least, TK won't use/need them as much. Not only will DS make sure he goes easy on those pills, but DS, the girl of his dreams (haha literally... and figuratively??.. because that kiss was not a dream lbr), living by his side for the rest of his life can only do him good. She makes him happy and feel better. ♡

"It turns out that the areas of the brain activated by intense love are the same areas that drugs use to reduce pain."

(Lmao TK wasn't joking when he said that without DS he feels like dying)

[source]  

I like that! There's no other way around he would surely die without her because he cannot find or the writer cannot find a girl that is right for him in that short amount of time that will really match him. It's like his character is made only for Deoksun. I really don't know how to explain it because I'm not that good at writing I'm better when I convey it through speaking haha but, here's a quote about LOVE "LOVE CONQUERS ALL"-Taek message to Deoksun LOLS:blush:

• Like 7

I'm not sure if someone mentioned it already, but wasn't it ep 18 where DS's parents were lamenting about their daughters? Remember Papa Sung complaining and Mama Sung said that soon it'll change because before you know it they'll both, BR and DS, be bringing guys home saying this is the guy I'm going to marry. I think it's safe to expect it in ep 19. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, aoikarin said:

For Fun only :D

I'm starting look about chocolate theory by @packmule3 Somehow.. it's end up with JB.. If it's true.. Wow.. thumbs up packmule3!

Ignore the time of recording.. i bet it's show's flaw. it's production mistake, just like DS's password date of issued.

See Carefully the position of Jacket and the bag when DS put the chocoloate

Pic deleted

and the posisiton of Jacket and the bag when the boys grab their belongings

Pic deleted

The position has changed right? It's possible that there are two jackets on top of SW's bag, but DS didn't see them well since Jinjoo blocked her view. Since the topic in ep 2 is about switch jacket and ep. 18 about chocolate.. I feel it makes sense that how the chocolate somehow end up in JB's.

this is from ep. 18

Pic deleted

SOMEONE made confession to JB by giving him chocolate. I think it's DS's! I think they still talking about confession thing in the cafe.. WOW @packmule3 *applause*

If the whole "who got the chocolate" thing is correct then DS has liked TK since the beginning (her diary entry was about him) and she must have thought that he didn't like her other than a friend since he never replied/answered her chocolate confession.

It would make sense that even though she liked him she would never flirt with him or act cutesy cause she "knew" he didn't like her.  It would also explain why she would act like nothing happened the day after the kiss.  TK seemed to be sleep walking, I mean sleep kissing and she kissed him back.  How utterly embarrassing it would be to admit to have kissed a friend who you think is not into you that way and at the same time you think he was not even fully aware of what he was doing and then you have to face him. DS asked him if he had a dream as if she was trying to test the waters to see how he felt but his reaction strengthened her belief that she meant no more than a friend to him. 

If this is true I can't wait for all the flashbacks!  and how on earth can @packmule3 see this before it's revealed to the viewers. Admit it, you're really Lee Woo Jung hiding in the Soompi forum. ROFL :lol: That's mind blowing.  Now I'm really dying to know about the umbrella in the hair. 

• Like 14

Aigoooo I'm just too excited. I really just wanna see Taek happy --  with no pills, no tears and someone that will reveal his emotions. And I hate it when others say "He's going to be killed" JUST BECAUSE they are "Sure that the husband is JH from the very beginning"

That is just unfair. You kill a character just so that your ship will sail? Isn't that too much?

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, kodomonojikan said:

If the whole "who got the chocolate" thing is correct then DS has liked TK since the beginning (her diary entry was about him) and she must have thought that he didn't like her other than a friend since he never replied/answered her chocolate confession.

It would make sense that even though she liked him she would never flirt with him or act cutesy cause she "knew" he didn't like her.  It would also explain why she would act like nothing happened the day after the kiss.  TK seemed to be sleep walking, I mean sleep kissing and she kissed him back.  How utterly embarrassing it would be to admit to have kissed a friend who you think is not into you that way and at the same time you think he was not even fully aware of what he was doing and then you have to face him. DS asked him if he had a dream as if she was trying to test the waters to see how he felt but his reaction strengthened her belief that she meant no more than a friend to him. 

If this is true I can't wait for all the flashbacks!  and how on earth can @packmule3 see this before it's revealed to the viewers. Admit it, you're really Lee Woo Jung hiding in the Soompi forum. ROFL :lol: That's mind blowing.  

Guys, can someone explain to me about the chocolate thing? I watched that episode before but confused. Ok, it ended in JB jacket so what's the relation to Taek then? Haha. must be because I watched earlier episodes last year hahaha. Thanks :D

• Like 2