Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

3 hours ago, kilaalaa said:

its like he cant even breathe.

did anyone else tear up at this....like the pressure is too much.

Also shows that top baduk players need a partner that is really emotionally strong and stable in supporting them. That can pick up on cues so they can recover from games better.

I kinda of thought of the 2nd head rest from this line, when DS was upset and asked why TK he is still so exhausted even after winning. I felt she was hurting inside to see him so broken down. 

• Like 16

Hi guys! I just came back from school and the first thing that I need to do is look at this forum! hahaha.

So, I'm wondering do u guys just like Taek or you like PBG itself? haha. Cause for me the answer is both lols. But, I will surely miss Taek! If only I can attend PBG fan meeting after REPLY 1988 they said he will hold a fan meeting after the drama but I'm not from S.Korea. I hope he gets to do an international fan meeting so he will know that lots of people from outside S.Korea support him. I also hope someday to meet him in person, he seems really nice, talented and God-fearing person and I like him more because he doesn't drink and smoke (I'm just curious how can he survive in S.Korea all this time because every wrap up of a certain drama or gathering they usually drink (soju) and it will be disrespect to decline a senior when they offer u a drink haha) it's rare to see someone like him nowadays that's why his character Taek fits him really perfectly! (except the smoking part lols-but it's more of a cute part of Taek's identity).

I really hope that PBG chooses his next project wisely and get to be a protagonist not just 2nd lead (pls. more heartwarming scenes, sweet scenes/kiss scenes, with an adorable female lead like Deoksun or probably Hyeri itself, this time diff. character hahaha). I'm sure he can handle it because he's really a good actor and can convey lots of emotions at once. Hoping for the best of the cast this 2016! and I hope to see them in more production.

By the way guys where are u all from? Which country? and also If someone is planning to do something for Taek like an appreciation for him because the drama is ending and as a fan I would like to join, but I'm really busy and I don't know how will it work like sending him something a gift or I dunno how most of you do it haha it's my first time being an avid fan even though I've been a fan of Korean drama for 6 years and watched tons of it, I know KPOP but not really into it so I have no experience on how they do it lols.

• Like 8

Guys check 22.08 on ep 18 at the scene in taeks room.  See what the radios brand is called. Not sure if this was already posted before so apologies in advance. It is a sneaky clue perhaps?

Edited by Joshua Reyes
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, Joshua Reyes said:

Guys check 22.08 on ep 18 at the scene in taeks room.  See what the radios brand is called. Not sure if this was already posted before so apologies in advance. It is a sneaky clue perhaps?

Ack i was just gonna post this but here's the pic. HEHEHEHEHE. #eagleeyeseverywhere Here you go @Yesin Lee and thanks @Joshua Reyes

Untitled.png

• Like 16

24 minutes ago, Joshua Reyes said:

How is that a clue can you explain it more or elaborate why do u think it is a clue? but the radio brand is SAMSUNG if we look at it, it's just "SUNG" because some of the word vanished because it's pretty old. 

• Like 2

About the scene on episode 18 Deoksun teasing Taek that a famous SHIM SO HYUN likes him we can see she's laughing it off. What do guys think of this scene? Because I can see it as someone who is jealous and she also ask Taek "why would she like you? is she crazy? does she know you cannot tie your own shoelaces. I'm disappointed in SHIM SO HYUN." (more to me of that she is insecure, (we know Deoksun) SHIM SO HYUN she doesn't know about that shoelaces thing about you! like the feeling of "I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU" but not them so I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN LIKE YOU! hahaha and the fact that she laughs too much that all of them doesn't find it funny only her! hahaha or they're just tired or jealous of him cause a celebrity like him? It's just so weird cause her laugh is over the top! hahaha). Maybe I'm just reading too much about her expression and her reaction but it's pretty fun theory so don't take it seriously JH shippers hahaha... It's just fun you know :)

• Like 16

25 minutes ago, nearsea said:

@hafunohane Any more finding from ep 17-18 crazy kid? Keep educating us okay? ^_^

---

The dial on tk's hand watch is at 12.Does it mean anything? =/

I'm not sure whatever it means to the writer or in S.Korea but in the bible #12 represent the number of "completeness or perfection." In children's book we all know that Cinderella needs to leave before "12 o'clock". I hope someone can clarify it to us haha.

• Like 3

As I said before, I’m not that into the color or poppet’s theories, however I couldn’t help myself but noted the following:

1.    1.   Until episode 17 (1989) there were many details in JH’s room with the green color;

2.     2. In episode 18 (1994) (from 25’36’’), almost every green color disappeared from JH’s room, and now the blue color is spread everywhere, including in a painting. Blue is really in evidence there. The only green detail that I could perceived was the game pieces that were very much in evidence until episode 17, but in episode 18 it was placed very discreetly at the left side of JH’s room. Can you guys see another green in his room?

Unfortunally I can’t make screen shot and post here, but if one of you could make the visual comparison I would be really grateful.  

BTW, isn’t JH’s car dark blue? Or is it black? To me it seems to be dark blue.

About parallelisms, I notice that when JB was waiting for (possible) Maggie, each time the door opened he looked at it very anxiously, because he was anticipating her arrival. I think we can say that DS looking at the door is a parallelism with JB’s case. It should mean that both JB and DS were anxiously waiting for their beloved one.   

• Like 16

@Yesin Lee. I don't think she was jealous  she has no right to be jealous  actually ^^ It's Deok Sun's usual self,  emphasizing Taek's flaws but not having  others do the same. It's upsetting  because of shipping fantasies people tend to perceive Deok Sun as if she is some pretentious girl. She says or do something but it means something else. Well no she is open book to me so I'm fed up with this approach that's why I don't believe anything will change in last two episode to Junghwan's favor. 

• Like 8

Only two episodes left so I wonder if a text preview will be posted.  I think the following has to occur for the stories to wrap up:

(1) flashback showing how DS falls for Taek from her pov

(2) confession and/or proposal by Taek

(3) somehow an understanding between Taek and JH that JH let go of his first love DS - it may be at the second round, DR tells Taek how he missed JH's proposal that duped everyone and Taek understands from the way JH made into a joke that JH moved out of the way.  Or JH may tip it to Taek that DS kept waiting for someone to show up, parodying what DS always says,  why does Taek move so slowly and always come so late? 

What would be nice is if the writer also wrapped up loose ends of what Taek told SW about why he did not confess and bailed on DS.  I think it is strange the boys would not have asked. Also, was the kiss real and if so, why DS reaction as such. And lots of issues with the families like IMF and failing of the bank's effect on the Sung family, NE's career, JB and MO and her dad etc. but of course, we have no time to wrap up everything. 

• Like 12

Apart from our couple,I am sorry I want to talk about JH a bit.

Episode 18 was from a 'loser's pov..who first stepped back because of noble idiocy,then next because of his years of hesitations..

But is this episode really focused on JH. I thought it was.From forrest gump reference,to the background music [when the slow motion scene happens between DS-JH,they miss each other and go in different directions],to JH's first-ever 'run'' to get the girl that he likes,his frustrations,banging head,looking at the signals,the symbolism of 'raindrops at his jeep window,and him in the background',it was all simply beautiful.And I for the first time really took a look at jh,and could  read his emotions,plainly visible in his eyes,smile and the way he kept looking at the ring'.

I can somehow relate to JH,as he said :

'He wanted her more than I did.
And I should have been more courageous.'

I watched this episode almost three times lol.And have to say,it's probably because of JH .I am afraid,JH is much more interesting as a character when he's not with deok sun..and his possibilities can be explored in a much greater scale.The last monologue kind of places him in the pedestal of the loser,but more or less a hero too.And it all goes back to 'what's wrong with losing'? As tk's dad says to jin joo..

• Like 23

14 minutes ago, nearsea said:

Apart from our couple,I am sorry I want to talk about JH a bit.

Episode 18 was from a 'loser's pov..who first stepped back because of noble idiocy,then next because of his years of hesitations..

But is this episode really focused on JH. I thought it was.From forrest gump reference,to the background music [when the slow motion scene happens between DS-JH,they miss each other and go in different directions],to JH's first-ever 'run'' to get the girl that he likes,his frustrations,banging head,looking at the signals,the symbolism of 'raindrops at his jeep window,and him in the background',it was all simply beautiful.And I for the first time really took a look at jh,and could  read his emotions,plainly visible in his eyes,smile and the way he kept looking at the ring'.

I can somehow relate to JH,as he said :

'He wanted her more than I did.
And I should have been more courageous.'

I watched this episode almost three times lol.And have to say,it's probably because of JH .I am afraid,JH is much more interesting as a character when he's not with deok sun..and his possibilities can be explored in a much greater scale.The last monologue kind of places him in the pedestal of the loser,but more or less a hero too.And it all goes back to 'what's wrong with losing'? As tk's dad says to jin joo..

Yeah, I don't know if that is the writer's tribute to JH that's why they made the episode more beautiful and focus it on JH. Sorry guys I will just mention my opinion about JH scene. The thing that I don't like is they showed us how Deoksun and JH missed each other when JH was in the car like they went to different directions and on how the feather went to him. I don't know what's all these symbolism, I don't know also what's the writer's thinking but usually in Taiwanese drama or in Filipino drama (I was born in the Philippines and moved to Canada) if something like that happened mostly at the start of a series/drama those two people are bound to meet again. I saw lots of drama/movies like that. But then, I'm #TeamTaek and I don't want to mention JH here I just want to prove things leading to our ship. Haha keep it positive :) 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Yesin Lee said:

The thing that I don't like is they showed us how Deoksun and JH missed each other whe

they also had DS looking at her watch and later on there was a scene of TK putting on his watch so it can also be said that TK and DS are in TIME with each other :)

• Like 16