Quantcast

6 minutes ago, Yesin Lee said:

Do they sing on their own soundtrack/album? or real singers? Because I want to hear PBG singing, I'll probably purchase the album haha.

-not that I know of, anyone knows? but in the Reply 1988 album is it only the soundtrack of real singers featured in the drama? or is it possible if they add PBG singing or Hyeri their own version of it (like in reply 1997 they have their own theme song/duet). I would probably buy that haha.

What I meant was the background song.  

Everytime they play "Right Here Waiting" they show Jung Bong and Man Ok scenes.  Do they have something like that for DS-TK?

• Like 1

Regarding the color, do you think DS actually is a Black, not yellow? Coz, in ep 18 there are 4 colors in the traffic light, red-yellow-black-green, and the photo in Reply 1988 facebook account shows that:

Blue= Sunwoo

yellow= dongryong

Black= deoksun

Green= taek

Red= junghwan

In this point the writer needs to show flasbacks on which is the turning point of deoksun feeling from JH to TK. From ep 17-18we see her lil gestures like checking pager & kept looking to the door which in implicitly shows deoksun's feeling for TK. I hope the flasbacks will show explicitly her feelings & when she sees TK as a man and when is exactly she has been falling in love with him:) sorry if someone's brought this topic already I'm still a trainee here. First time courageously join a forum as an active member because I'm so amazed how this story progress and the uniqueness of how the writer develop PBG's character

Edited by ciceng
  • Like 8

Watch this clip guys from REPLY 1988 it was subbed by Junghwan fan so credit goes to ryu yeol star.

PBG is so funny here same as JH they r really pabo like their characters (hyeri is making fun of them, deoksun ah enjoying it too much? haha). LMAO:D 

But, Taek is really cute here he acts like a child haha. 

• Like 4

Hope DR has a wonderful ending cuz he gave such great advice to all of his friends. Also he is the brightest even when his parents were very busy and when he was alone

• Like 10

Guest aoikarin

More glipmse of DS's feeling for Taek

tumblr_o0vl7vc5w21to1fhoo1_540.jpgtumblr_o0vl7vc5w21to1fhoo2_540.jpg

Now we know the motive DS forces DR to piggyback her..

tumblr_o0vl7vc5w21to1fhoo3_540.jpgtumblr_o0vl7vc5w21to1fhoo4_540.jpg

She wants to see Taek.. not the boys who playing the soccer These taken from DS's angle.. and she staring him lovingly and said aigoo..  I got you, DS~ah!

at 3:40 I really ship PBG and Hyeri in real life. Something is fishy hmmm. Hahahaha

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Yesin Lee said:

Guys, can someone explain to me about the chocolate thing? I watched that episode before but confused. Ok, it ended in JB jacket so what's the relation to Taek then? Haha. must be because I watched earlier episodes last year hahaha. Thanks :D

@Yesin LeeIt took me forever to find the original post.  Here is @packmule3's chocolate theory under the spoiler tag.  I only copied the part related to chocolate.  Later, in another post she theorized that it was still meant for TK but somehow it ended up with JB. 

Spoiler

A chocolate theory…

There are many possible theories -- and conspiracy theories -- as to who the intended recipient of the chocolate was.  The adult DS could have given it to somebody else off-the-screen, and there’d be a flashback to explain it. She could have totally mis-remembered the chocolate and didn’t give it at all. 

But if we simply consider the props found at the time, it’s simple.

Jinjjoo was surrounded by four items: 3 schoolbags and 1 coat jacket. There were four boys inside.

DS ignored the two schoolbags which were located right beside her but reached over Jinjjoo to where the schoolbag with the coat jacket on top, was placed on the floor.  People naturally assumed that she was placing something inside the schoolbag. 

I think there’s a misdirection there.  DS was actually going for the coat jacket. She was putting the chocolate inside the coat jacket.  

The three schoolbags belonged to the three high school boys. Only one kid didn’t have a school bag because he didn’t go to school.

TK however wore a jacket to his baduk school.  She thought that the coat jacket belonged to TK. She didn’t know that the coat jacket belonged to SW because the jacket was folded. 

Now, it’s possible that I’m wrong, and that we’re still missing a minor subplot to explain the chocolate mystery.  I’m fine with that. 

However, script-wise, I thought there was an awful lot of emphasis on jackets. Didn’t you think so? THAT alerted me that things weren’t how they seemed. 

That morning started with DS borrowing her sister’s jean jacket. Her mother warned her not to. Then, SW noticed that the jacket belonged to her sister -- we all know now that this was a clue that SW was interested in her sister. But wouldn’t it be funny, too, had DS confused HIS jacket as belonging to TK?    

Afterwards, her sister came home early unexpectedly, and she began looking for her precious jean jacket. The mother then bothered the JH’s parents for the use of their phone and she called up the boys’ school. DR’s dad got involved and so did NoEul who was tasked to tell DS about their sister’s enraged hunt.  DS ran back home past JH’s brother who was playing at a videogame store. And his videogame momentarily transformed into a racing game with DS running furiously.

This whole mad 100-yard dash to return her sister’s jacket to its rightful owner was hilarious. But I thought that the scriptwriter had placed too many details in this jacket story MERELY to emphasize that their older sister was tyrannical.  Plus, if I were the director, I wouldn’t be able to justify the cost and time of moving people and equipment to several locations…to do what? To prove that DS was in big trouble? Nope. 

I thought this Bora jacket subplot was a big flag to keep an eye on the jacket, instead of the schoolbags.

Additionally, at TK’s party, JH mentioned TK’s jacket. Remove it, he said, you look like an old man. That line was superfluous to the script – that is, unless the scriptwriter meant to have a wedding parody… lol.  For me, anytime the scriptwriter leaves such an insignificant line in, then she probably means it to be important. ~ Chekov’s gun.    

Finally, when Bora tattled about the chocolate, I thought it was a fitting revenge for DS’ borrowing her jacket… and it could be an inside joke.  For borrowing Bora’s jacket without permission, she got bad karma, that is, the chocolate she mentioned in her diary didn’t reach the intended recipient.  

[Possibly another inside joke: for borrowing TK’s pink sweater without permission, she gets good karma. Really! The girl’s got to stop borrowing things. NoEul was right when he called a thieving btich. lol]

So there you go. I’ve presented to you my chocolate theory. And it’s just one out of many theories out there regarding chocolates so nobody should bust a gut over this one. 

• Like 4

13.jpg

Picture borrowed from @Phuong Tam Nguyen. Guys, you realize that Taek wears the same with episode 2, right? The scene when DS patted his butt, telling him to grow up fast and marry her. Even that milk box is the same, maybe they want to send a message here?

• Like 21

EP 19 PREVIEW GUYS, SOMEONE TRANSLATE PLEASE

19화. 당신은 최선을 다했다

쉬는 날 없이 계속되는 야근으로 힘들어하는 동일. 
이런 모습에 일화는 안쓰럽기만 하다.

선우는 다시 만나보면 어떻겠냐는 보라에게 세 가지 조건을 제시하고, 보라는 당혹스러워한다.

한편, 택은 정환을 만나기 위해 정환이 근무하는 사천으로 내려가는데...

GOOGLE TRANSLATE

19 Tuesday. You have to do your best
Who struggle with the same ongoing work overtime without a day off.
This figure is only an anecdote in ansseureopgi.
Sunwoo look at you again eotteotgetnya presented three conditions for the Look, and behold it was embarrassed.
On the other hand, it has chosen to go down to the Sichuan jeonghwan is working to meet the jeonghwan ...

• Like 8

So there're things that JH and TK need to do to fit the future husband behavior

TK

1. Found out DS got rejected by SW in the first snow and also about the postcards that she sent 

(imo, DS can wrote it all in the diary and we knew that the husband read it..)

JH

1. Smoking

2. Become very famous that worthy enough to get interview and often to be interviewed

3. Work at home (airforce pilot works at home? How come? Unless their home is a military base :p)

4. Start the habit of wearing less layer of clothes and no socks

5. Drink coffee a lot

JH has a lot to do in the last two episodes.. With SW-BR wedding, DS true feeling revealed.. Do we have enough time to developed JH to fit the husband?

• Like 13

OMG the preview is here pls translate. OMG hahahaha I'm so nervous huhuhu why is Taek crying at the end :bawling: 

• Like 6

Seeing the preview, as of my expectation it does seem like it will cover several arc:

- The Sung dad's old age-retirement problem

- The cheetah Mom menopause/pregnancy problem

- SW-BR process to reunite

- JH and Taek man to man talk

- The angsty ride of TK-DS development. Even with JH out of competition (if it really is), we know it won't be a smooth ride for them.

Therefore, we don't need another twist regarding Deoksun's feeling.

So hyyyype! :dizzy:

• Like 17