Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

On point with your reaction gifs, as always @tiendoank!

Oh JH. Why couldn't you just apologize for scaring the girl?! Seriously! No need to get defensive, just say you're sorry and get it over with. :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Who you calling slacker, you insolent young pup camel?

I've been sitting here all this time with my....

Reveal hidden contents

gramohone.  Hahahaha! I saw that dig. 

gramophone-girl-haywood-magee.jpg

credit: fineartamerica.com

Nice shot! ;)

tumblr_n8f541jkYs1rpe379o1_500.gif

[/ spoiler]

• Like 4

1 minute ago, phikyl said:

On point with your reaction gifs, as always @tiendoank!

Oh JH. Why couldn't you just apologize for scaring the girl?! Seriously! No need to get defensive, just say you're sorry and get it over with. :rolleyes:

Or he could have called  out to her when she started running instead of chasing after her.  He could have shouted, "hey, you dummy (because he never calls her by name)! why are you running? Wait up!" 

• Like 3

:lol: Adult TK, she doesn't get your humor. It's okay! I saw the look on your face when you were looking at DS. I understand! 

Adult TK didn't even seem all that upset that he got bit for his remark either. I bet it's happened before. Lol!

Edit: Sun Woo's grandmother is a nasty piece of work. What kind of person does it take to put up someone else's home as collateral on a loan?! Ugh. 

Sigh. When we saw all the kids in the neighborhood listening to Starry Night...

Those were the days when there wasn't a lot of selections on TV and radio. Everybody was watching or listening to the SAME thing and could connect with each other the following day by discussing last night's news or broadcast. Nowadays, there are so many options, public radio, 1000 channels, and netflix, and even dramafever and viki for those international shows, that it's really hard to maintain that "shared" feeling. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Nowadays, there are so many options, public radio, 1000 channels, and netflix, and even dramafever and viki for those international shows, that it's really hard to maintain that "shared" feeling.

But we have boards like Soompi now to connect with others who have the same interests as us. We no longer have to rely on finding someone nearby to connect with about a topic because guaranteed, there's an online community who will spaz about whatever-it-is with you.

I think it's more common to have Netflix now though. I'm the odd one out with my drama watching because I don't keep up on shows like Jessica Jones, Orange is the New Black and those other really popular Netflix originals...

I don't get this.  How can they eat braised short ribs for breakfast? And curry for breakfast??!!  What kind of stomachs do they have?

I like that she asked TK first if he could go to the "Jem" concert. And make that pout when he couldn't. lol. She didn't even consider JH. She said "So you guys want me to go alone with JW? Let’s go next time then.”
The way she phrased it! Lol She didn’t even consider going out with him. Never mind.

But I liked it that JH actually protested and, for a change, verbally expressed his desire to go with her, instead of keeping quiet or sulking in silence.  

• Like 6

I have a question for everyone:

When do you think that TK's dad found out about TK's crush on DS? How long do you think he's known? 

I still think TK's dad knew about TK's crush on DS prior to this episode and that's why he specified that he wanted DS to go to China with TK. His reasoning is that DS doesn't have to study and that TK likes her [going with as a friend for the purpose of this explanation] but the same could be said of DR. DR has the same amount of chances of studying as DS does, possibly less, but TK's dad specified DS. As for the passport being expedited because DS is a girl, the Baduk club helped with that too so I'm fairly certain they could have gotten DR a passport in time too, if needed. 

2 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

But I liked it that JH actually protested and, for a change, verbally expressed his desire to go with her, instead of keeping quiet or sulking in silence.

Does that mean JH actually gets a point here?! Daebak!

DS asked the Baduk guy if they had a Korean-Chinese fusion dish right?

Then we see later on that she'd been feeding and taking care of TK the whole time they were in China. So really, the hints were there all along that DS was taking care of TK. We were just mis-led as the audience by the goat sounds and the reactions from the people around DS. They assumed she was asking these questions for herself, when in reality she was worrying about TK the whole time. 

Edited to add: All of DS's questions during dinner that first night had to do with finding food that would suit TK's palette so that DS could make sure he ate, even if he didn't come out of his room for dinner with everyone else. 

Oh yay! My favorite TK show of jealousy is coming up!

ezgif-869526285_zpswc6or7wu.gif

Posting this a little bit ahead of time so that I don't forget. These reporters really need to work on their skills of observation! How could not one of them get/use a photograph of the great "stone God" Choi Taek breaking Baduk etiquette and smiling after a win?!

Side Note: I know I still have to finish the fanfic I wrote about this but I haven't had any inspiration for it still. I'm hoping the re-watch of this episode will spur my creative juices though!

30 minutes ago, phikyl said:

But we have boards like Soompi now to connect with others who have the same interests as us. We no longer have to rely on finding someone nearby to connect with about a topic because guaranteed, there's an online community who will spaz about whatever-it-is with you.

I think it's more common to have Netflix now though. I'm the odd one out with my drama watching because I don't keep up on shows like Jessica Jones, Orange is the New Black and those other really popular Netflix originals...

I canceled my Netflix recently because I haven't used it in more than a year. lol. I subscribed because I wanted to get the DVD version – the physical disc.  :sweatingbullets: I wanted to get the actual disc in the mail, but when they started offering the movies on line or streaming, it became too much of a hassle for me -- oddly enough. I always had to fiddle with the remote. My children were already in college so I had to call them up to remind me how the remote worked. The disc was more convenient because I'd popped it in and my laptop played. 

Plus, the TV screen is so big, it’s more work for me to view the whole big picture. I had to focus on small areas.

That's why I like watching on dramafever/viki better. I like the tightness and the smallness of the laptop screen. (Hmmm... I guess I could have watched netflix here, too. Why didn't I think of that sooner? Facepalm!)

Their first date. When DS told him off for not sharing his jacket. Hahaha. I actually sided with JH here. Bring your own jacket, girl! Why are you sooo not dressed for the weather? Learn your lesson next time.

But I do like TK’s better. He just offered her his jacket (Episode 18) and then pretended that HE was hot so she wouldn’t feel embarrassed. 

This is EXACTLY what the director was referring to when he said in the interview:

“Maybe guys like JH are more popular nowadays: one who does not really take care of girls on the surface, but has his innter charms; and with a bad-guy vibe/look. To have DS choosing TAek in the end, is because we want to show the charms of nice guys like TK and SW.”

DS does NOT like guys like JH. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Plus, the TV screen is so big, it’s more work for me to view the whole big picture. I had to focus on small areas.

Haha! I hear you there. I'm one of those oddballs who likes to watch everything with subtitles, even movies/tv shows that are in my native language, so the subs spanning the entire wide screen is obnoxious to me.

We have Netflix but I can't remember the last time I used it. Mostly I just have it for my kid since we don't have cable/no rabbit ears on the tv. I'm also not a big physical disc buyer any more, though I might change that. Used to have everything on a large external harddrive but it recently bit the dust and is making me wish I'd just continued to buy the discs. Such a pain to re-download everything from amazon and such. :angry:

-----------------------------------------------------

I know BR really didn't want to call SW to come get her but she wasted all that money trying to call the other houses first! I also really don't understand why she and SW didn't immediately get on a bus going back. There was a bus going all the way out there that late at night but not one going back? How long did they have to wait for that bus back?!