Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

are we start yet?

hmm... I think I'll start watching coz my type speed can compare with a snail.

the show start with JH amzed with SW room, he is a clean freak and I think he's an OCD but amazingly he can bear with her horrible mom dish, a motherly love can beat anything.

JH found the dictionary and start to wonder if SW is having a crush with DS. When my first time watching this episode the writer is not only fool JH, she also got me into her trap. like @packmule3  said I ship the script and the scriptwriter.

• Like 3

@packmule3 I'm up! My hug in a mug is sitting next to me though the effects haven't kicked in yet so I'm being unnecessarily grumpy with some of JH's life choices right now. :P

3 minutes ago, phikyl said:

You know, this first bit is a good example of the way JH chokes when it comes to DS. He had the opportunity to confront SW and get an explanation about SW's actions but he chose not to. So JH spends quite a bit of this episode upset, thinking that SW has a crush on DS, when he could have just talked to SW at the beginning of the episode and gotten the misunderstanding cleared up. 

lol. The way he said it: I'm not interested in hearing other people's love lives -- he just gave up. As opposed to TK when he discovered that JH liked DS too. For a moment there in Episode 16, TK was escalating the situation by going forward with his planned event at the movie theater.  His discovery of JH’s attraction for DS didn’t deter him from proceeding with his plans.   And when DS had that indigestion, HE followed her out and took care of the situation. 

Scoreboard! 

lol. @deeand. I know how you feel. My girlfriends and I still haveregular girls night out. 

• Like 4

Haha! That TK smile when DR says he doesn't drink or care about women. Mentioning a movie at that point should've been a clear sign to a gossip like DR but I guess the entire gang is pretty set in their ways when they think about TK as being less "grown up" than them. 

Scoreboard:

TK: 22

JH: 4

SW: 4

DR: 1

@packmule3 I really disliked W&C. For one because of the male lead who, again, has no spine. Secondly because of the most annoying second male character EVAH! That mayor is just.... I would've kicked his teeth in. I doubt I'll ever watch it again. Just the thought of it upsets me, eventhough I love the female lead who I cant remember at the moment for your convenience.

I'll add Reply 1997 to my list soon. Watching a webdrama now, thnx to one of the admins here lol :D

On with the show! Fortunately you got those times wrong @phikyl cus I'm a bit late now. Not awfully late :D 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hahahaha u are scare of @packmule3 ??? hahahaha sorry...actually you shouldnt...

she and me often had diff views of thing but one thing that kept both of us on the friendly territory is that while we clash opinions from times to times we still see eyes to eyes for we both respect each other views :) while we may not agree to the views of one another but we learn to respect each other voice and while we clash swords....we cant help but admire each other skills :D

but of course i do honestly admit i fall short of her observations skills :D

Hugggggs, @angelangie! kekeke. I've got your seal of approval.  And what observations skills are you talking about? Our whole team was pretty good at balancing delulus with rational thinking and you are the captain. 

I tried to invite @Tinkiebell to do a re-watch with us but she's busy nowadays. Maybe next time she'll join us. I read somewhere that she liked Reply 1988.

Spoiler

can-stock-photo_csp17014068.jpg

• Like 2

I get why JH doesn't say a thing to SW, eventhough SW offers to explain. He's convinced he knows what's up. I would;ve drawn the same conclusion: SW goes to DS, not to Bo Ra for stuff to lend. SW is being spineless too. Though he actually grows some balls in the end lol :)

I laughed at DS's dads hair though. I know the feeling hahaha. Well.. I used to know the feeling...

I love how TK asks for something ordinary when he wins, like watching a movie. It just goes to show how much he misses those things, growing up as a "star".

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, deeand said:

are we start yet?

hmm... I think I'll start watching coz my type speed can compare with a snail.

the show start with JH amzed with SW room, he is a clean freak and I think he's an OCD but amazingly he can bear with her horrible mom dish, a motherly love can beat anything.

JH found the dictionary and start to wonder if SW is having a crush with DS. When my first time watching this episode the writer is not only fool JH, she also got me into her trap. like @packmule3  said I ship the script and the scriptwriter.

That's why I love what Bora said in Episode 18. She knew that she wasn't going to meet SW when she had that "arranged date" because the guy's name was TRASH, and there's no way SW could be nicknamed Trash. But she went along with it because of the 1% chance that she'd connect with SW.  Her whole talk about percent tied in nicely with this episode when love percentages were discussed too towards the end.  For me, this implied that there was *some* THOUGHT given to the arrangement of the plots, that the scriptwriter wasn't doing things on the fly, or haphazardly. 

1 minute ago, tiendoank said:

Am I really late to join you guys? I am, right?

Ooooh. Please do! I love it when you're around for the re-watches. You certainly add more "sparks" to the discussion and I like teasing you. 

• Like 3

Hey @tiendoank! Glad you could make it! I'm only 20 mins in and I think @CamelKnight just started so you're right on time!

Look at DS and her mom, terrified to drive with Bora! 

It's pretty amazing to me that DS pays so much attention to TK's matches this time around. This is the first episode where she starts openly asking questions/learning about Baduk too. Her bias is obvious now that I'm looking back on it.... 

5 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

That's why I love what Bora said in Episode 18. She knew that she wasn't going to meet SW when she had that "arranged date" because the guy's name was TRASH, and there's no way SW could be nicknamed Trash. But she went along with it because of the 1% chance that she'd connect with SW.  Her whole talk about percent tied in nicely with this episode when love percentages were discussed too towards the end.  For me, this implied that there was *some* THOUGHT given to the arrangement of the plots, that the scriptwriter wasn't doing things on the fly, or haphazardly. 

Ooooh. Please do! I love it when you're around for the re-watches. You certainly add more "sparks" to the discussion and I like teasing you. 

Well, not sure what 'sparks' you are expecting, but I'm totally sure I won't be able to come up with thesis-like analysis even after rewatching it for the nth times.

But yeah... I'll just do my part here. I dun like when I don't contribute anything..ehhehe..

and this is my first finding

giphy.gif

Mr. Choi's back

• Like 4

SW said it very clearly who's the actual idiot :D

love to see JH expression he know that SW is right.

1 minute ago, tiendoank said:

Well, not sure what 'sparks' you are expecting, but I'm totally sure I won't be able to come up with thesis-like analysis even after rewatching it for the nth times.

But yeah... I'll just do my part here. I dun like when I don't contribute anything..ehhehe..

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Mr. Choi's back

you always found the gem ke..ke...  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, angelangie said:

Reply 1997 is the one with Jung Eun Ji right? Apink? hehehe sorry too many of those that i can hardly keep track...

that is the only replies series that i watch and i love it :) so yea u should try it :) 

Yes, it's the one with EunJi. kekeke. You and I both love EunJi. 

I love Reply 1997, too. Until now, I think the best line ever in all the Reply series is the one said by the male character Seo In Guk was playing (sorry forgot his name. Yoon Jae?)  He said something like: If a guy, like a pathetic fool, confesses his love to the girl who doesn't love him, it means that he doesn't want to see her anymore. 

Ugggggh.  Just.stabs.me.to.the.heart, willya?  and I don't have a heart when it comes to kdramas. 

That's why @CamelKnight MUST watch that show soon. He'd so get this guy Yoon Jae. hahahaha. 

If only JH said something like that during his confession, I'd have given him a pat on the back but nope! he just played it safe...all the way. 

• Like 2

Love Reply 1997. I still waffle between whether this one is my favorite or '97 is because both are really good in their own ways. I second @packmule3's motion. You really need to watch 97 soon @CamelKnight!

And yes, SIG's character is named Yoon Jae. Also joining the Eun Ji fangirl bandwagon. She's the reason I watched Sassy Go Go too. I was quite impressed with her performance in 97. Wasn't that her first role?

34 minutes ago, tiendoank said:

Mr. Choi's back

women....

32 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Yes, it's the one with EunJi. kekeke. You and I both love EunJi. 

I love Reply 1997, too. Until now, I think the best line ever in all the Reply series is the one said by the male character Seo In Guk was playing (sorry forgot his name. Yoon Jae?)  He said something like: If a guy, like a pathetic fool, confesses his love to the girl who doesn't love him, it means that he doesn't want to see her anymore. 

Ugggggh.  Just.stabs.me.to.the.heart, willya?  and I don't have a heart when it comes to kdramas. 

That's why @CamelKnight MUST watch that show soon. He'd so get this guy Yoon Jae. hahahaha. 

If only JH said something like that during his confession, I'd have given him a pat on the back but nope! he just played it safe...all the way. 

yeah yeah yeah, I got the message! Thumping Spike is a short webdrama so I'll most likely watch it this weekend.

I love EunJi too :D She's pretty  *blush*

• Like 2