Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

@ladyfriday YASSSSS TO SUNTAEK KISSY TIMES. OMG. My heart is fluttering and I can't deal. RAWR go get your girl Choi Sabumnim -  was waiting for their bed scene after seeing the prompt was blanket HHAHAAHAHHAA.

I was in the middle of C&P-ing all my favourite lines but I ended up with paragraphs worth puahahaha. What I loved was that you captured the essence of their relationship and dynamic through their actions and without being overt and hitting us over the head with it. Also the inferred nuances to the things that have changed about them as individuals and a couple. GIRL HOW DO YOU MAKE CHOI TAEK EVEN HOTTER. 

AND YESSSSS TO DONG RYONG andnoneforJungpal. He will forever be Suntaek's guardian angel cupid. I had to stop reading for a moment as the image of DS-TK apartment shopping filled my mind. SOOOO CUTE. THESE TWO PRECIOUS BABIES. STOP. 

Spoiler

selfish wishlist: HANDS (because I could stare at PBG's sexy hands allllll day hehehehehe); SUNTAEK BABIES ft. panicking dad taek; jealous&petty taek; sweater

• Like 16

7 hours ago, snolaxy said:

i finally got around to watch episode 0 and ohhhh myyyy!! why didnt i watch this earlier?
just some fun parts to share, please read with a grain of salt :)

We find out that Taek is also a big fanboy of Lee Mi Yeon!
he was totally speechless and mesmerised by her when they were watching the ad together

he was able to guess the number of bullet holes on Chow Yun Fat's jacket lol
might be stretching it a little for the fun (but baduk players have good memory and are very good with counting stones) 

Taek is introduced last looking like this heh
although his part is the shortest, but i know that baduk players are very interesting.

one of my very first few mangas is actually a baduk manga lol called Hikaru No Go (Go is baduk in japanese) and it introduced me to this world of Go and their rules and interesting mindset of Go players.
so i was really happy when Misaeng came out, but they didnt really make full use of baduk in that drama.
im glad AM1988 writer didnt waste such a good character.
perhaps it's lucky i didnt watch ep0 before the drama started, i would have been bias and be all Taekie haha.

as to whether Taek is the writer's intent, it is up to each viewer to interpret.
(i still believe he is; or even if he is not the husband, they are going to do something fantastic with this character)
you have Taek being the special one out of the gang, that great 'i miss my mum everyday' scene and childhood flashback scene. The writer had me there, i love underdogs.

alright it's back to more rewatching.
this time round i shall pay more attention to the clues since i didnt care about them during my first watch.

Where'd did you watch  ep 0? I've also been trying to find the behind the scenes special too. Thanks! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ladyfriday said:

Interrupting regular programming to drop off this little SunTaek one-short that I wrote last night~ I'm open to doing prompts right now, so if there's anything in particular you lovely people would like to see me do, drop me an ask on my tumblr: http://evil-writer.tumblr.com/ask, or PM it to me via the soompi messaging system. I'm more likely to receive it earlier if you leave me a message on tumblr, as I get notifications on my phone~ Either is fine, though. 

When Time is New

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5786092

On the nights she’s set to come home, Taek falls asleep with his pager clutched in his fist, waking as soon as it buzzes, the airport’s familiar number flashing across the screen. It doesn’t matter what the hour is. It doesn’t matter if it’s near dawn or still dark. Taek pulls on pants and a sweater, shoves his feet into his shoes and drives to where she is, drinking coffee when the car stalls on red lights.

This is their compromise: Taek doesn’t wait at the airport for her flight to land, and Deok Sun calls him as soon as it does.

Or; Deok Sun works odd hours and Taek finds a way to see her more often.

[Read here]

I love yr fanfic and thanks for writing it down.

I love the idea of buying an apartment near to airport for Duk Seon and it's quiet Taek.

Thanks again and waiting for more.

• Like 6

about their kiss for me they are one of the best in kdramaland,no awkawardness and how can they fit each other so well?anyway hyeri didn't just pretend to kiss him she really kissed him and it seemed like they liked it too,i maybeoverthinking but i want to say that theyr kiss were beautiful and i could feel tenderness when they kissed,that's theyr effect on me,i wonder what they looked like after all the kiss scene they did, i mean they were no joke i am serious.

• Like 7

Wow the OTP3 on youth over flowers! Would sure watch it,now only if any kind soul subs the show lol,maybe the fan site of PBG.*Fingers crossed.

Anyway was watching episode 3,want to share this observation lol:

When Deok Sun is going to the ramen date with Sun woo,the sung family is watching a tv show.And this is how their conversation went:

[06:27]
"What the heck... it keeps flickering
back and forth, right?[The TV screen]

What's going on?

Wow, that's weird.

Duk Seon![SW calling DS]

Sung Duk Seon!

He's going to break down the
door at that rate. Sun Woo!

Sun Woo! Come in and have dinner with us!

Duk Seon, go and get some rice
for Sun Woo.

My... she was just there a second ago.
Where did she go?

- Wow... look at his face.
- He's totally shocked. Oh dear.

Wow... it's the first time I've seen
a live broadcast interrupted like that.

I guess all sorts of things
happen in this world.'

Another meta-joke with the interruption hahah.So apparently deok sun's crush on sun woo was the 'interruption' before her real love happened,with TK.:w00t:

• Like 18

On 1/21/2016 at 10:54 PM, mellinadear said:

@nuckertuck i love lt.. 

I became giddy at the line, "junghwan knows". Like hell yeah, its about time he finds out lol. 

What iI really love was this line, ""Why would you need mine also," he says, as they trek their way back to Taek's with more kimchi from Junghwan's mom in hand. "You've got the whole world rooting for you". 

Uri Doksunie has no idea that we love her. Haha. Amazing isn't it. I want more(even if its pg 13..huhuhu LOL)..

I'm I wrong for being too greedy?

Thank you so so much love! Every single comment means a lot. I tried to keep the essence of it intact, but it might've gotten a bit away from me. I'll continue to work hard and hopefully bring better fics to y'all as time goes by :)

18 hours ago, bubbles said:

Please write more. Your fanfics are lovely. Maybe something from Taek's point of view?  and more kisses and such? LOL.

I'm actually in the middle of something. I think I've dabble enough in angst and reflection, it's about time we get some *rawr* times hehe. 

I'd love to write Taek, but I'm not all that confident in my Taek. He never comes out just right; he's a very interesting character, and it's hard to capture him in writing. @ladyfriday Did a lovely job capturing him, and they've written an amazing, AMAZING fic from Taek's POV. Maybe one day I'll be as good as her :) 

In case anyone would like to read my fics - I've written two on Taek/DS over on my livejournal - please comment as well! I love to hear feedback and constructive criticism! 

http://scribblemedear.livejournal.com

• Like 7

Talk abt the husband hunting in Reply 1988, I think the biggest troll the clue was the picture. The one DS took with JH at  a concert & the one she took with Taek in China. 

I believe this one was to troll JH shippers into believing he is the husband.

1) The date on the picture. JH-DS picture has a date on their background, TK-DS has no date. After JH's fans got all hype up someone pointed out hubby was pointing at the wrong side. Later we saw Tk-DS picture has date written on it as their picture was taken by a professional photographer with a professional camera.

2) DS's passport validity date. After TK's dad approach DS's parents abt asking DS to accompany TK to China, the next scene was DS in her room jumping & down with a passport in her hand. However her passport valid date didn't match with the date written on the picture. It was issue on 1 Dec 1989, expiry date on 1 Dec 1990. Once again JH's supporters got hype up because it seems like DS didn't go to China in Jan 1989 but on some other time instead. 

But here's the catch. Look closely at the calender in TK's dad shop when he fainted. It was Jan 15, 1989. He had his surgery immediately, and while recovery he asked DS's parents permission to allow her to go with TK, so it's definite that China trip happened in January 1989. Thus many assumed the passport date was a mistake, it's not. PD Shin is very detailed abt it. If was a mistake he wud have blurr out the date, but here he enhance it instead.

Now check out when DS's parents & NE looking at her excitement & how NE call her  'thieving bittch' for using TK luggage & camera, and DS retorted back that TK won't notice it....isn't it weird? If she's going to China for TK's sake at a very short notice, isn't it just right for her to use TK's stuff? And did it matter weather TK notice it or not since she's there for him? Also if she's with TK, how could he not notice she's using his camera & luggage? Just don't make any sense...

But if the date on the passport is right, the one we saw DS all hype up, packing wasn't for the China trip with TK. Think abt it. In Dec 89 DS has completed her high school but unfortunately she failed her university entrance exam. Now we know she's a flight attendants, and to a flight attendant doesn't require a college degree. So long one as a nice looking face, minimum required height & weight, pleasant personality, can speak well & no medical problem, anyone can apply, so my guess she pass her interview & was leaving for her training.

If she did her passport in Jan 89 when she went to China with Taek, she still has to renew it if she going to use it in Dec 89, because although her passport not yet expired, it has to valid for at least 3 months for entree to another country. And seems she did her passport for one year validity..

___

What ? BG and the gang go to Africa with Friends over flower team? Awwww.... too bad HR can't join them becos she's a girl! I bet her company won't allow it since it can create scandal,  like CJW & LSJ....its okay for the older casts because they're already touching 40s, but an idol like HR...huhu

• Like 9

It's a shame what happened to @packmule3 . I admire her analysis skill since WAC. When many viewers are busy to mock the drama, she makes me to understand more the hidden meaning, symbols or methapors so watching drama more enjoyable. Glad to hear she gets her right back. I hope she keeps posting.

• Like 17