[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Via the 2nd part of Ear Candy (For anyone interested it has yet to be subbed and will be subbed on Tuesday so will post the link when it is).

BTW, it was a strike. Hmmm I bet the student def gives the teacher a (as they say) run for his money.:D

Here are a 2 clips one where she is bowling and where she is revealed..her beautiful face is shown. 

Check out her victory dance. She must tease him a lot! LOL:P;)

Posting this vid again because now it has (soft) Eng Sub. It's soft because it was really hard for her to trans it from Chinese to English. So it's understandable and something is better than nothing. Plus it sure did help me understand certain parts I wondered about so still deeply appreciated. :) Enjoy! B)

• Like 4

Here's a different vibe angle from tvN10's red carpet. It's all about the body language!  It's like that electric feeling! ;):wub:

And just a reminder of what happened next. LDH stepped up and ever so smoothly got her right to where she wanted to be and a very bright smile followed for both.

Though here's my just poking fun interpretation. 

LOL this kinda looks like one of those dating shows like The Bachelor. Her body language is like..."Pick me! Pick me!"

Me: "Where's the rose oppa?" :P 

Not that he has to make a "choice" or anything. It's already a done deal.:phew: Just saying the angle makes it look like that.:DB)

• Like 2

Hello everyone!  First time to post in this thread.  Woooo the ship is still sailing, yo!

I'm currently re-watching Reply 1988, trying to make it to episode 20 without falling out of it again.  What can I say, my heart still hurts for Jungpal.  But I like Taek as a person, too.  It's just that, there's so much feels with Team Junghwan from the very beginning.  TT^TT

I did some backreading on the main thread for Reply 1988, SunTaek, and this thread and I must say, the shipper war is real.  Woah!  I agree with a post somewhere, which said that 10 years later (or more, if I may say so) people will still be arguing whether Jung Hwan or Taek should be the husband.  The drama has ended a long time ago but the argument lives on.  That's how huge the impact of Reply 1988 is to us viewers.  Kudos to this very beautiful series!  I just hope that some people will stop bashing Ryu Jun Yeol and Park Bo Gum because seriously guys, there's so much hate in this world already.  Let's just keep loving what we love, shall we?  :)

Okay, back to my post as a solid Team Jungpal supporter.  I'm still not over the fact that Jungpal didn't get a happy ending.  Like, he just vanished during the last few episodes.  Why!?  Why do this to our kind-hearted Jungpal!?  And then, I've read somewhere that - please correct me if I'm wrong - the writer or the PD said that Jung Hwan's screen time was not decreased; it's just that his character didn't have much conflict to be resolved towards the end.  There was also something like, Jung Hwan lived a comfortable life and is the character with the least problems.  Seriously???  Every character in the series is unique and has a story to tell.  Why, after the series wrapped up and gained some negative reaction from the audience, did they have to make it look like Jung Hwan is a dispensable character?  Like, he's someone they can just put in one dark corner and make it seem as though he never existed.  I mean, I'm not saying that Deok Sun and Taek ending up together is wrong.  I liked how their love story evolved.  The thing is, they just shipped Jung Hwan to some far away place, sent him back to the neighborhood to get hurt, and then send him away again.  That's it.  I guess that's what broke our hearts the most.  :(

Anyhow, just wanted to get that off my chest (and I know I'm not the only one feeling that way).  It's crazy that it's been almost a year since the drama ended and I'm still feeling sad about Jung Hwan's fate.  *sigh*

I'd also like to share that I couldn't contain my happiness when I watched tvN awards.  I'm still giddy, though, everytime I see a photo of RJY and LH together.  Weeeeeeeee they're so cute together!  WHYD'YA HAVE TO BE SO CUTE, YOU TWO!?  YOU'RE GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME! Backreading, I saw some photos from backstage and from fans that made me want to curl up in a ball and (not cry, but) squeal from pure bliss!  Even their exchanges in social media makes me smile like a silly kid!  Omoooooooo, here's to hoping they go from REEL to REAL.  (Oh, and they should be paired up again.  One happy ending for them, please?)

Keep the posts coming and thanks again for all your hard work, fellow shippers!  :heart:

• Like 8

@phoenixember hi agree they did just drop his character towards the end like ok you did your part lol. The ending was poorly written and executed but it's been a year so I'm over it.  Yes, the fan wars got ugly to the point that some of us JH shippers stopped going to the 88 thread all together. 

My heart still feels heavy when ever I see the confession / proposal scene but I'm liking it so much more how close they are in reality. 

• Like 4

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 0:18 AM, Kelly86 said:

@phoenixember hi agree they did just drop his character towards the end like ok you did your part lol. The ending was poorly written and executed but it's been a year so I'm over it.  Yes, the fan wars got ugly to the point that some of us JH shippers stopped going to the 88 thread all together. 

My heart still feels heavy when ever I see the confession / proposal scene but I'm liking it so much more how close they are in reality. 

@Kelly86 Good to know I'm not the only one feeling this way.  Jeez, did the creative team just take the easy way out?  Rewatching Ep. 13 and I was like, "Ahhh...  this is the beginning of the end."  I remember, during first viewing, it was Episode 15 or 16 when I stopped watching and just relied on recaps.  I super love R88 because it was family centered and all of the characters are well-crafted.  Like everyone has a story to tell.  But in the end, what happened to Jungpal and Dong Ryeong???  Very frustrating.  But I told myself to hang on and finish the series this time around, no matter how heartbreaking and frustrating it gets.  Hehehe.  :D

• Like 3

*sigh*

I'm such a coward.  I can't bring myself to watch Ep. 15 of R88 just because...  *sigh*  I've also been backreading comments on recaps and articles about the ending.  I even resorted to reading a fanfic (which is really good, by the way), sort of a consolation to myself or perhaps to erase the official ending from my memory for eternity.  But I'm still hurting for Jung Hwan.  Them feels is real.  Some people even say Jung Hwan got it worse than Chil Bong.  (Now I'm curious about Chilbongie.  Maybe I should just watch R94).

Ugh.  I shouldn't have watched it again.  I decided to have a second look at this series out of my love for Park Bo Gum but my heart is starting to shatter into pieces again.

I hate you PD-nim.  I hate you Writer-nim.  (Okay, I take that back because in its entirety, R88 is the best in the Reply series.)

Maybe I'll finish the series when Hyeri and RJY becomes a couple for real.  Hihihi.  :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phoenixember said:

*sigh*

I'm such a coward.  I can't bring myself to watch Ep. 15 of R88 just because...  *sigh*  I've also been backreading comments on recaps and articles about the ending.  I even resorted to reading a fanfic (which is really good, by the way), sort of a consolation to myself or perhaps to erase the official ending from my memory for eternity.  But I'm still hurting for Jung Hwan.  Them feels is real.  Some people even say Jung Hwan got it worse than Chil Bong.  (Now I'm curious about Chilbongie.  Maybe I should just watch R94).

Ugh.  I shouldn't have watched it again.  I decided to have a second look at this series out of my love for Park Bo Gum but my heart is starting to shatter into pieces again.

I hate you PD-nim.  I hate you Writer-nim.  (Okay, I take that back because in its entirety, R88 is the best in the Reply series.)

Maybe I'll finish the series when Hyeri and RJY becomes a couple for real.  Hihihi.  :D

Understandable. I watched it all. Because even though it was spoiled for me by someone from the other side (along the lines of an "I told you so". Yeah just like that.) I thought maybe just maybe I'll get something happy for JH. At the very least maybe see an older version of him. None happened. So you can imagine. I was fuming even more than I was because nothing was given. 

Anyways let's get back into a pink bubble mood. So Jin Yeol...Jun Yeol's cousin liked another Hyeri pic.One of her in Hawaii (she went for a photo shoot and took her sister along). Meanwhile, Jun Yeol went to Mexico for his cousin's (Jin Yeol) wedding. 

Screenshot%202016-11-14%20at%207.22.47%2

Furthermore, I was just told it seems his other cousin John Yoo too has in other occasions liked her pics. Hmmmm are they just fans? Could be, but we are talking about 2 married men. Who's wives would most likely have a problem if their respective hubbies were liking pics from a beautiful celeb. The pics in question as well aren't her singing group related or her even acting career related like her character. It's her on vacation, in award shows  (not even on screen winning moments)....behind the scenes/personal ones. Sometimes BTS/backstage of her/Jun Yeol. Making it even odder that they like her pics. Even stranger...that they don't even follow her IG. So going back to the wives aspect of it...they don't seem to have a problem since they (respective hubbies) keep doing it. Makes you wonder...most likely because there isn't a problem due to you know. But as always you decide. ;)

OAN, AAA is on Wednesday...meaning tomorrow KST time. Jun Yeol has been confirmed. She hasn't...well, lately she doesn't confirm and just shows up so who knows maybe we'll get more Yeolri moments. *prayer circle*:wub:

• Like 3

@tenilove97 Ooooooooooh.  When family gets involved, then there must be something.  Ahhhhh, my heart.  Oh, and they interact regularly in IG.  Perhaps they're indeed close.  I'm so happy.  Please make room for me in the prayer circle.  :)

I also some fan vids, most especially during tvN10 Awards, of RJY and LH and she's always, always reaching out to him.  Clingy chingu?  I hope it's more than that.  :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, phoenixember said:

@tenilove97 Ooooooooooh.  When family gets involved, then there must be something.  Ahhhhh, my heart.  Oh, and they interact regularly in IG.  Perhaps they're indeed close.  I'm so happy.  Please make room for me in the prayer circle.  :)

I also some fan vids, most especially during tvN10 Awards, of RJY and LH and she's always, always reaching out to him.  Clingy chingu?  I hope it's more than that.  :)

BTW, welcome to the fandom, the ship, the bubble, and the prayer circle. The more the merrier! :)

And yeah here's hoping. Though sure am glad it is clear they remain so close. Bless! ^_^

OAN, I just realized it's been a year (November, 12, 2015 it was started) this thread has been running!  So happy anniversary everyone! Here's hoping for many more w/ our shining couple! :love::heart::thumbsup:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, tenilove97 said:

BTW, welcome to the fandom, the ship, the bubble, and the prayer circle. The more the merrier! :)

And yeah here's hoping. Though sure am glad it is clear they remain so close. Bless! ^_^

OAN, I just realized it's been a year (November, 12, 2015 it was started) this thread has been running!  So happy anniversary everyone! Here's hoping for many more w/ our shining couple! :love::heart::thumbsup:

:heart::heart: Happy Anniversary... 

• Like 2

Oh my. Happy anniversary Gaddeok shippers!

Thanks for the warm welcome @tenilove97. I look forward to more updates that will make our hearts flutter - reel and real. :)

I have a question, though. I hope someone can help me out.

It is said that Jung Hwan and Deok Sun never got to watch the concert. Lee Moon Se even said it during tvN10 Awards. Didn't they watch it together in Ep. 13? :(

• Like 1

8 hours ago, phoenixember said:

Oh my. Happy anniversary Gaddeok shippers!

Thanks for the warm welcome @tenilove97. I look forward to more updates that will make our hearts flutter - reel and real. :)

I have a question, though. I hope someone can help me out.

It is said that Jung Hwan and Deok Sun never got to watch the concert. Lee Moon Se even said it during tvN10 Awards. Didn't they watch it together in Ep. 13? :(

Technically yes. But I think it is/was meant as for the near miss in ep 18 and as an official couple. It's why he concluded what he was saying by telling Jun Yeol *the gist* that he can propose now to her even though BG did it in the drama. Ended it w/ he knows he's shy and he won't get up there to sing, but he hopes he helped convey his heart to her. LOL

Due to that "Little Girl" has OFFICIALLY (because some refuse to acknowledge before as so) become a Gaeddeok song and he is now Lee "Manse" Moon Sae. B)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tenilove97 said:

Technically yes. But I think it is/was meant as for the near miss in ep 18 and as an official couple. It's why he concluded what he was saying by telling Jun Yeol *the gist* that he can propose now to her even though BG did it in the drama. Ended it w/ he knows he's shy and he won't get up there to sing, but he hopes he helped convey his heart to her. LOL

Due to that "Little Girl" has OFFICIALLY (because some refuse to acknowledge before as so) become a Gaeddeok song and he is now Lee "Manse" Moon Sae. B)

Ahhhh okay.  I see.

Oh em gee!  Lee Moon Se and Ryu Jun Yeol actually look alike.  Or am I seeing things differently?  RJY even reminds me of Gong Yoo sometimes.  (Gong Yoo, one of my original oppas!) :)

Come on, "Little Girl" is for Gaddeok.  Why are people taking away this from JH?  I think TaekSun has a song of their own.  Isn't it "Everyday with You"?  He already lost a lot of things in the drama (first love a.k.a DS, bestfriend SW, screen time, happy ending).  Please don't take this away from Jung Pal.  TT^TT

Thanks @tenilove97 for clarifying!  :)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, phoenixember said:

Ahhhh okay.  I see.

Oh em gee!  Lee Moon Se and Ryu Jun Yeol actually look alike.  Or am I seeing things differently?  RJY even reminds me of Gong Yoo sometimes.  (Gong Yoo, one of my original oppas!) :)

Come on, "Little Girl" is for Gaddeok.  Why are people taking away this from JH?  I think TaekSun has a song of their own.  Isn't it "Everyday with You"?  He already lost a lot of things in the drama (first love a.k.a DS, bestfriend SW, screen time, happy ending).  Please don't take this away from Jung Pal.  TT^TT

Thanks @tenilove97 for clarifying!  :)

No prob and ICAM...why? *ugh* They say it's DS's song. Yeah it is, but it's JH's feelings in ref to/about DS. 

Anyways moving on...so I was feeling in a silly mood and made this. Hope you all enjoy it. :P:D:w00t:B)

• Like 4

I missed the anniversary by 1 day! Today Junyeol won male rookie award at AAA and tvn awards has been fantastic for yeolri moments. I had 0 expectations after the drama but surprisingly been constantly surpassing my expectations at the same time!

• Like 2