[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Guest wizengamot
17 minutes ago, fictionista said:

@namunamuyeppeo You have got some epic level detective skills there, chingu. :glasses: Mind=blown. I'm still kind of banking on the idea that JH's crush on DS is not a secret in this neighborhood. That SW and DR already know and maybe No Eul suspects something as well. Anyone else disappointed with the fact that nobody caught on to Bo Ra and Sun Woo's dating other than Taek and JH? I thought 'counselor' Dong Ryong would have sniffed something out.

On a side note, why am I not getting any notifications? Is this a site glitch or something? 

i'm not getting any noti too.

anyway, i think the reason DR hasn't smelled anything yet of BR-SW relationship is because he hardly run into them being together. JH knows SW likes BR because of the first snow event. Then TK caught them red-handed. The only time (as far as i remember, though i don't quite really trust my memory today because i'm so tired to even recall things) DR saw them together is when he was dragging DS to JH house after SW played baseball and when they are already eating and SW give BR a drink. it's not like it's unusual for SW to do that plus i think DR was too afraid of BR to even notice it or that he's too excited for JB kimchi rice. 

29 minutes ago, fictionista said:

@namunamuyeppeo You have got some epic level detective skills there, chingu. :glasses: Mind=blown. I'm still kind of banking on the idea that JH's crush on DS is not a secret in this neighborhood. That SW and DR already know and maybe No Eul suspects something as well. Anyone else disappointed with the fact that nobody caught on to Bo Ra and Sun Woo's dating other than Taek and JH? I thought 'counselor' Dong Ryong would have sniffed something out.

On a side note, why am I not getting any notifications? Is this a site glitch or something? 

hahaha apparently a week without new episodes increased my detective ability. ;)

I guess DR knows about it bust chooses to keep quiet as well. If he is fast enough in noticing things out, he would have been able to guess SW's crush on Bora since ep. 4 when SW was smiling at BR nuna's smile looking at SY and DR singing the Korean-Spanish song. Also, he would have noticed how SW is now always beside BR most of the time. He must also have witnessed SW pouring out water for BR during the kimchi fried rice scene since he was sitting in front of them.

Replying to your side note: you can check the box in the notification settings that says sonething like notify me when there is a new like or message. I dont exactly remember where it is placed at though. I guess soompi unchecked that box for every user deliberatly for some reason.

• Like 7

Guest wizengamot
4 minutes ago, papulichan said:

MY EXACT THOUGHTS !! given the whole quirky nature of this drama series..... there may be a possibility of an entire different pic. held by LMY in 2015. Keeping in mind , the last Finale episode being likely to have several flashbacks and solving all the embedded clues to reveal the 'hubby'.... And, me thinks that the Ep. 9(MBC + China) photos served their purpose already in the last couple epis.

sometimes i think it is their wedding photo since she said "it was the happiest day of his life" and future hubby admitted that she was really pretty back then/ that time. 

Guest wizengamot
1 minute ago, Vannyah M said:

But WHY was DR dragging DS? i still dont get that

that confuses me too. i mean, i was quite sure before that DR and SW knows nothing about JH and DS feelings, but then that scene made me think, why did they sort of signal-look each other before DR dragged DS to JH house. 

Good Day to all, it is nearly 1 am in my country now.. gonna sleep soon.. I watched too many times for JH-DS ( JY-HY) bts scene. Whenever, I saw this part ..

s1SejDP.gif

I will be thinking JH blowing kisses to DS.. LOL. Good night! 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

i'm not getting any noti too.

anyway, i think the reason DR hasn't smelled anything yet of BR-SW relationship is because he hardly run into them being together. JH knows SW likes BR because of the first snow event. Then TK caught them red-handed. The only time (as far as i remember, though i don't quite really trust my memory today because i'm so tired to even recall things) DR saw them together is when he was dragging DS to JH house after SW played baseball and when they are already eating and SW give BR a drink. it's not like it's unusual for SW to do that and plus i don't think DR was too afraid of BR to even notice it or that he's too excited for JB kimchi rice. 

Ah. I got a notification when you quoted me so hoping you get this one at least. DR did catch on to SW's lie when he said he had to go to the Dooly supermarket in ep 15 after it had already closed. But you're right, he would need more proof or hints like seeing them together to become truly suspicious.

Like @papulichan and you, I too believe that pic is a completely different one from the MBC/China pic that future Deok Sun and husband look at. But in that case, it would have to be a pic of JH and DS from before the MBC concert with JH's arm around her which I think is an unlikely scenario given the expression of shock on DS's face when JH asked the other couple to take a pic of them at the end of the concert. It's a bit unlikely that another couple-y pic of them as young adults exists before the MBC concert one. 

But I don't know. Gah this PD-writer team def knows how to make the audience crazy. I heard the BTS episode got above 7% ratings overall. I mean whoa. :crazy:

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, junghwanxdeoksunforevvs said:

I wanted to point out some parallelism. I'm not sure if this has been pointed out before but 

In reply 1997 : yoon Jae wanted to be a Pilot. i repeat PILOT 

In reply 1988: what does our handsome slyly kind fuzzball junghwan want to be? A fighter PILOT I repeat PILOT 

Oh my gah mind= blown 

* a littl bit of seo in guk (aka yoonjae) as he is second bae after all. Obvs junghwan comes first 

tumblr_mbuirf2xSp1qehk91o1_500.gif

I hope our Junghwan actually gets to be a pilot (though I doubt it). I was dossapiinteddissapointed when Yoonjae couldn't achieve that dream. 

RJY is handsome as richard simmons and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. He has that kind of handsome that I see in Ha Jung Woo (my ultimate, ultimate bias) and Lee Sun Kyun (another bias) not the typical looks people go gaga for. However their talent and charisma shows you how handsome they are and it shines through and makes them more handsome with each project. I think they are already good looking but the more I see them showcase their talents, the better they look.  

• Like 12

25 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

sometimes i think it is their wedding photo since she said "it was the happiest day of his life" and future hubby admitted that she was really pretty back then/ that time. 

OMG..! I thought it's their wedding photo too..! Hahaha.. Wedding day is the day when a bride looks prettiest, right? And absolutely the happiest day of their life, kekeke..

• Like 3

@wizengamot ... @fictionista....you two got me thinking of the photo now...hahahha....

Okay.. so I quickly scanned the episode# 9 scene and the very first thing that LMY says holding the "anonymous" pic...  is...

Untitled.jpg

...so , IMO ... I'm thinking when the pic was taken there may be a possibility that DS never knew back then that her hubby (JH) liked her  , since that particular time.....So, it even can be the Lee Moon Se Concert ( that scene/part was quite abrupt....given how it was stretched over nearly two episodes....)... As , of now (where the episodes stand)..... DS does not know whether JH likes her or not...She is just trying to see that emotion or rather confirm that sentiment from him...(the pink shirt .... the Lee Moon Se concert....etc...)... Thus, the pic can be of from any time period/line until  the day JH confesses to DS...

• Like 9

@junghwanxdeoksunforevvs's post reminds me that another noticeable feature of the Reply series is that the team usually casts a male lead with unconventional good looks and charms - Seo In Gook, Jung Woo and Ryu Joon Yeol all fit that mold perfectly.

@MrsSoJiSub Love love love Lee Sung Kyun. His voice is pure sin just like RJY's. :wub: Jo Seung Woo would also be a perfect member of this group I suppose.

@namunamuyeppeo DR definitely doesn't know about SW because I noticed how he told his mom in ep 15 that Bo Ra noona would die a virgin because no one would marry her. Thanks for your input re notification settings though. Just made the necessary changes. :)

@papulichan - Chinguya, this is quite possible. I hope the writers have some exciting reveal in store for us regarding the pic. It would be additionally nice if they establish JH liked DS from before the alley scene.

Btw is it me or are the OST choices for this edition of Reply series the best among the three? Reply 1988 music now occupies at least 50% space in all my playlists.

• Like 13

43 minutes ago, fictionista said:

Btw is it me or are the OST choices for this edition of Reply series the best among the three? Reply 1988 music now occupies at least 50% space in all my playlists.

OMG... I LUV the OST ...Best of all three , indeed ! The mix of Western and Korean pop  and as well as the niche K-music tracks... daebak !! Every episode has me downloading loads of the listed music tracks...ha!

• Like 11

wah,,,many analysis over photo matter. I dont know i still believe that photo is either MBC jam concert (if the husband is JH) or china scene (if TK is the husband), They just use a random photo when shoot that scene, because they still hiding who is the real husband. The production team already know the detective skills from korean netizen so they wont use the real picture when shoot this scene. But all will reveal in the last episode (usually) and ofc they will shoot this scene again with the real picture. The photo things also makes melaugh when watch reply 94, how i am so sure that pic was chilbong and that husband in wedding scene before revealed in last episode really chilbong wanna be(from figure and that hair style...goshhh i was a chilbong fools back then). i Love how JH put that picture in his wallet i thought he save it somewhere in his room where nobody cant found, but yeah he save it in his wallet, i screamed and jumped from my seat when watch that scene.

1 hour ago, fictionista said:

yeah...i love the ost too,,,best out of three series. Its kinda funny i dont even born when this music was released but its all familiar in my ears looks like i ever heard it. and i already feel it in the first episode, i know that bgm music which is lee moon sae songs. I think its all thanks to my kpop idols who already covers that songs, so i feels familiar with many songs in this drama. Like song that Noeul sing in ep 16..gosssshhh, how can i know the lyrics and can sing along with him, then i found that my kpop idol biased (suju KRYS) already sing that song in 2011. It still fascinating to me, that i know the songs from that era. (even my sister didnt know about the songs that DR sing in audition..,that stevie wonder song...wah, i just 2 year older than her but how can i know this song?LOL).

Spoiler

I dont know when my RJY or JH fever will be over. He is handsome, more i looking for about him makes him more handsome in my eyes. When i bias over one artist (actor or kpop idol) i will save his pictures, makes it as wallpaper and screen lock. (i dont have many bias too btw) This RJY/JH fever (and reply 88 fever too) really the first time in my life since knowing korean drama and korean pop that makes me forget about cho kyu hyun (my ultimate bias, my first ever bias that i always looking for his update about every things everyday..i lost his update now, even i dont care when he did concert in last 2nd january in my country..what i think just ep 17 and 18 reply 1988...how are you kyu?i miss you....Goshhh, thats how this great drama impact me..) This beautiful fever i wont regret it, i gain many things though i lost something too.

• Like 8

Guys I just made my second music video for this couple. Be sure to check it out. I've become to obsessed with this couple seriously hahaha. Oh and if you are willing to check it out please check it out on your phone it has a better quality that way. But happy shipping!!!!

Team junghwan HWAITTTIIIINNNGG 

Here's the link : https://youtu.be/v2tqFuO6788

• Like 6

Guys I have another thing I wanted to say. I want you guys to remember that future ds said "he must have liked me from then" "he" is in second person so the picture might be about taek. And she might have been talking about TK in front of jh which our future jh replies (reply xD)"you were pretty back then" which might show that he knew she was liked by boys as she was pretty (another kdrama reference xD) (bc he knew about taek liking her)

When the wife asks "this must have been your best day" maybe there's something that also happened between jh/ds on this day which wasn't shown in the drama at the moment but will be shown later when revealing the husband? 

• Like 4

Ost`s for R88 are pure gem definitely better then those for previous serials coz i love them all.

Xzquc5.gif (me talking with my laptop while reading your com)

Picture hint will probably be like hint for husband in 94 when they showed the groom from behind and it seemed that he is not Trash. Well we`ll know that for sure on ep 20 hope so.

@junghwanxdeoksunforevvs i love this song ,probably i will not watch original mv anymore:D

• Like 6

2 hours ago, fictionista said:

You are not alone:phew:  I didn't pay attention to the other Reply songs but im searching every song now!! And my favourite -i always want to cry when i listen- is Hyukoh-A little girl.He has a unique voice and he is my inspiration for my username too :wub: I love original version too. Actually.. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS DRAMA.SAVE ME GUYS!!!

• Like 9