[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

The wait is almost OVER....I'm officially counting down this week. Last week I didn't bother because it was too painful haha but with just 4 days I can do that! :) 

ALREADY TOO EXCITED! Still team #noexpectation but we'll see......slightly hoping it all goes down this week though they seriously can't wait last min can they? Will they? Argh the thought = the frustration already.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, infinitemugendai said:

Obviously we're gonna fly to South Korea and cause a riot. We're the aggressive ones after all :P

Agree that JH is far from being typical, but I still consider his character a bit of a tsundere in a way that he's tsun tsun - cold (not rude) on the outside towards people (ignoring his parents, refusing to admit that DS is pretty) but a complete dere dere - marshmallow on the inside. Now his relationship with JB is just another level, he's so blatantly adoring his hyung it's cute. Of course, he is a much more layered character than just a tsundere (as expected from any characters from Reply series) but I was just saying there's nothing wrong with him being cliche character, people still gonna love him anyway (this is to argue the people that say he's too cliche to be main character like it's a bad thing. I seriously don't understand that kind of logic). 

Personally, I don't consider those male leads you mentioned as tsundere, most of them are plain bullies who lacks social skills but get away with it because of their looks and wealth *facepalm*. I never understand the love for this type of characters, either. 

The word literally means a cold marshmallow! That is the cutest thing ever. Should I start calling Junghwan my little cold put null marshmallow? I think I've fallen in love with the word "tsundere" :D I still don't think he's one (everyone one that I have seen was a complete a-hole then the heroines magic fairy lurv saves their blackened soul. Junghwan's soul was never black or maybe I been readin/viewing the wring types of cold marshmallow characters)

@einYoshiChan that is the greatest gif of all times. Y'all make me want to start a gif file, you guys post some really good ones. I hope by the end of today or Tuesday we get a preview. I am jonsing for some new information. 

Where has my girl @wissyyyyy been? Omo, did she return to the real world without letting me know!?!?  *in Dong Ryeong voice* wissyyyyie can you hear me? Where are you? 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, pirateparade said:

I think eyesonryu on Youtube is gonna upload the eng subbed version soon. There is a mention of it on their latest upload (just mins ago) :) yay!

jump to the crime scene right away and YAAAAY!!

quoted from eyesonryu youtube channel : We are subbing the Reply 1988 'Behind’ special, but we are first releasing Ryu Jun Yeol focused clips.
Please wait for us~ ^^'

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, dairymilks said:

This line reminded me of the scene in Episode 7 after they went to McDonald's and they were on their way home. I couldn't stop thinking about how Junghwan was so concerned for Deoksun in this scene, asking her so many questions because he felt bothered by her facial expression.

QzrJRGs.jpg

Reply husbands are #husbandgoals

amen to that sister!

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

• Like 14

Thanks @MrsSoJiSub, actually I have many of JH gif collections kekekekekek... I don't know how to stopping myself from loving him . we all already knows he doesn't have handsome faces but He's so DAMN SEXY and ATTRACTIVE.. He makes me addicted to see his face.

tumblr_o0f6xhF1OL1uiqzaro1_250.gif tumblr_o0f6xhF1OL1uiqzaro2_250.gif

2106079473_baf139f2.gif 2041610073_a162b695.gif

tumblr_o0f6xhF1OL1uiqzaro3_400.gif

Bonus : 

Spoiler

1%2B%252818%2529.gif

can you guys imagine his finger as a DS lips..

ezgif.com-crop%2B%25281%2529.gif

• Like 18

25 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

Look at the arrangement of characters on this particular page of Reply 1988 calendar

If they're not canon I don't know what else can be :P:P:P

this is an A-CLASS EVIDENCE people of the earth!!

omayaa I feel like I'm gonna jump, scream and squeak out of happiness but I'm still at the office

• Like 11

Hi guys! Back to reality today :tears: yet I can't still take my mind off our couple, I'm really enjoying the subbed videos, updates and your insights towards the show hehehe 

Anyway, I asked my korean friend on the debate of who's the husband she said some say it's TK by looking at the clues given but I'm not wavered by that hahaha  (we all know it's JH-TK who's the endgame anyways lol) I'd like to think that for every clue that points to one of the husband contender has also the same for another (or much greater than that) 

for example the date on the photo: we all know that there was a date in TK's photo written in silver ink but did you guys notice when TK pulled JH-DS's picture from JH's wallet the bottom of the picture (where the date is commonly placed) is not shown too. These clues are given to us for the hype of the husband hunt so I think it's okay to take the clues lightly, the heartwarming stories given to us every week is what I look most forward to :lol: 

Also, i'd like to comment about the friendship of JH-DS. In ep 16 when TK asked DS to return JH's wallet, we saw her commenting about JH always telling her not forget things yet he forgot his own wallet, that fleeting comment of hers and her attitude towards JH after the pink shirt incident made some believe that she's losing interest in JH but in my perspective, they showed us the beauty of their friendship. With the pink shirt misunderstanding still lingering above them, she chose to put that aside and be a friend to JH by giving back his wallet. They have issues ongoing between them yet their friendship is still there, unwavered and unfailing.

I also appreciate how SW and DR do not really press on the issue of TK's crush to DS, they don't meddle with it when DS's around. Lastly, I love how they seem to know the issue of DS possibly not getting into college yet they don't comment on it (except for DR who playfully asked if he could call her DS now) but they comfort her by being themselves around her like DR pulling her hair and not making a big deal out of it (it reminded me when TK lost and they just brushed it off and told him to curse). This show encapsulates real friendship on its raw and truest form and maybe through that, they would be able to flesh out true love stemming from that special friendship.

Wow I can't believe I wrote that long hahaha the things I feel for this show :phew:

• Like 18

Hey guys! So many good posts to read this morning! Yoohoo!!!

@kiklaminHo I don't think it's a new feature, I've used that for a while now. But the new feature is that we don't get notified of likes anymore... :( I feel soompi is changing everyday lately. Annoying to keep up.

@MrsSoJiSub Yes, very true. JH is actually nice to DS and shows he cares. Some Taek/DS shippers have admitted too hat JH has become softer and treats DS differently. Like when he noticed the grain of rice, he said it nicely without making fun of her anymore (though the first scene was not supposed to be mean, it was just a way of re-establishing a sort of normalcy between them after the alley incident). If only more people could be that honest...

@Nurul Choerunnisa Yes!!! Totally agree with you about the double standard. Again, JH/DS shippers get accused of being blind because of their ship and then you show exactly how they are guilty of the same thing they accuse us of! I guess we are all blinded by our ships in some way or another... and because of the hunt, I guess we are all sensitive about it.

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

Look at the arrangement of characters on this particular page of Reply 1988 calendar

If they're not canon I don't know what else can be :P:P:P

Waenyol waenyol....igeu mwoyaaa???what is it?????huhuhuhuhu..why the arrange must be like that?isnt it too obvious evidence??hahahahahahahhahaha..

@papulichan LOL....that lips....that lips....:wub::wub::wub:

agree with all you said chingu...i adore all family They are shinning in their own way and ofc they have their own flaws too, It makes this family more real like we can see this kind of family in our real life. My most favorite still Kim family, i just love every character in this family. They are not perfect but they are really made for each others (they completely each others too though they still have flaws in theirselves). and my other favorite is DR with his dad. Both of them really have unique relationship. I will cracks in instant every time both of them appear in my screen. i laughed every time i remember DR said that sleep in his house like sleep in teacher lounge, (LOL...its all because of the dean appa). and no matter how warmer and more comfortable that home like teacher lounge is, for him study room still a better place :blush:  

1 hour ago, dairymilks said:

This line reminded me of the scene in Episode 7 after they went to McDonald's and they were on their way home. I couldn't stop thinking about how Junghwan was so concerned for Deoksun in this scene, asking her so many questions because he felt bothered by her facial expression.

Reply husbands are #husbandgoals

reply husbands really good quality husbands and yeah they are such a husbandgoals. Argghhhh i love your example. That scene, JH really concerned and bothered over DS facial expression,so he ask many question. I love how JH deliver each question,like nagging-worry-caring boyfriend, and his tone when ask those questions....justt arrrggghhhhhh...perfect!!! i miss you old JH....really really miss you....

@einYoshiChan wah wah wah..how many gifs that you have? hahahahahahaha..i wont feel tired to see JH gifs in every your post btw, instead i want to see that scene again. (sigh). btw, for me he already has handsome face (though its not flower boys type) with attractive charms and sexy gaze.

• Like 9

I was reading the last few pages about the chocolate incident and the chronology of the events (whether it happened before or after the school trip, etc.) and so I decided to take a closer look at the dates in episodes 2 & 3. 

I'm going to paste the picture chronologically. 

1. The scene where Man Ok and Ja Hyun pointed out that SW liked SY was in August:

tumblr_o0fbn5gD7E1qbyuu5o3_540.jpg

2. The scene where the families and the kids celebrated TK's winning was in September 24 (judging by the date stamp on Kim Appa's video recorder:

tumblr_o0fbn5gD7E1qbyuu5o1_540.jpg

3. Lastly, the date of the school trip lie between 14 - 16 October from the school trip announcement letter:

tumblr_o0fbn5gD7E1qbyuu5o2_540.jpg

So, judging by the chronological order of how the events happened, it can be assumed that SY put the chocolate intentionally inside SW's bag and probably she called out JJ first so that she could distract her from seeing her putting the chocolate bar inside SW's bag so that JJ won't eat it. 

As for the diary thing, I don't think SY mentioned who she actually liked and gave the chocolate to, because as many people have said which I agree with, BR wouldn't actually date SW if she knew her sister liked him. SY may have written out SW's name with his initials or any other nicknames (just like what she did when she wrote letters to Starry Night radio show).

• Like 16

29 minutes ago, namunamuyeppeo said:

I was reading the last few pages about the chocolate incident and the chronology of the events (whether it happened before or after the school trip, etc.) and so I decided to take a closer look at the dates in episodes 2 & 3. 

I'm going to paste the picture chronologically. 

1. The scene where Man Ok and Ja Hyun pointed out that SW liked SY was in August:

tumblr_o0fbn5gD7E1qbyuu5o3_540.jpg

2. The scene where the families and the kids celebrated TK's winning was in September 24 (judging by the date stamp on Kim Appa's video recorder:

tumblr_o0fbn5gD7E1qbyuu5o1_540.jpg

3. Lastly, the date of the school trip lie between 14 - 16 October from the school trip announcement letter:

tumblr_o0fbn5gD7E1qbyuu5o2_540.jpg

So, judging by the chronological order of how the events happened, it can be assumed that SY put the chocolate intentionally inside SW's bag and probably she called out JJ first so that she could distract her from seeing her putting the chocolate bar inside SW's bag so that JJ won't eat it. 

As for the diary thing, I don't think SY mentioned who she actually liked and gave the chocolate to, because as many people have said which I agree with, BR wouldn't actually date SW if she knew her sister liked him. SY may have written out SW's name with his initials or any other nicknames (just like what she did when she wrote letters to Starry Night radio show).

Wow I came to the same conclusion but with different evidences haha. I wanted to analyse their announcement for home, but I can't read korean. Didn't see that date!!.. For me it was DS saying she has 2 months to practice (in august) so it must be in oktober and then we can see the calendar date is 14..:D 

DS clearly puts the chocolate in SWs bag in my opinion. JH's bag is not near enough. In the diary no name was mentioned, or BR would've made fun of DS and JH if it was JH and if it was SW, she wouldn't date him. And I think that JH read the diary, since no name was mentioned. If he saw the chocolate scene in the camera record then he wouldn't ask who she gave the chocolate to, because he can see it is SWs bag, like we can haha.

• Like 9

I just can't help but notice this: 

Ep 4. (when BR tutored SW, JH, DR, SY):

We all know JH was sitting in front of SY:

tumblr_o0fbn5gD7E1qbyuu5o4_r1_500.gif

And how uri SY looked at JH when she and DR were finishing the song with the lyrics, "the one I want to share my kiss who has shaken my heart, my eternal love".

tumblr_o0fbn5gD7E1qbyuu5o5_r2_500.gif

• Like 15