[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

5 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

@lelee Nice post. Did you post it on the MT?

I don't think I'll be going there after reading a TK/DS shipper inviting back packmule to share her thoughts... I don't want to be around if/when that happens!! I don't think I would be bale to take any insults or patronizing comments from her.

Haha, yeah I just posted it there since I thought it applies to the drama in general...Since I mentioned that I know I was wrong on Who's the hubby? I hope nobody will laugh at me haha If so, I'll post tomorrow's recap in here hmpf! Lol.

• Like 6

so the cubic when the tittle come out indicate people that DS had like. Red and green refer to SW and JH.
Maybe because i only reading the recap, or maybe because i'm JH bias, i think the revelation of husband kinda feel flat compare to 94.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

That's what's killing me too. All the what if's that's in their story. But that's also what makes it so bittersweet and beautiful to me. "what if he had gotten there on time?" "what if the car had started?" the beautiful thing is, Junghwan himself thought on it all and just accepted that it wasn't all these things but his own inactions that got him here. I'm sad as richard simmons but I still love that message and funny thing is, he is the main character. He was the main character in that love story, but it showed a love story that could have been, but wasn't.

no one can convince me that for 18 episodes the story had been about Junghwan and his first love. no one. we followed him from it's infancy to it's final adult and realizations and letting to. again it hurts like hell and all the what if's will stay with me a long while. but these two legit just climbed on to my memorable ships of all time list because they didn't get their happy ending. and when I think on it all. their story truly does fit the lyircs of the song 'my neighborhood' so even though he didn't get the girl. and deok sun is with taek, this story was about him and at the end of the day. I learned and grew right along with him. that crying in the car scene, that forrest gump feather scene, the confession :tears::tears: it was worth all of this heart break imho.  

Damn I hate you @MrsSoJiSub. I just got home with tired eyes and just decide to not watch the last ep until the sub out but your statement just make me richard simmons want to watch  the richard simmons episode 20 live tomorrow :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 1

Guest wizengamot
1 minute ago, girlbehindfate said:

now i want junghwan to be involved in the many jet crash that was mention before. i'd rather see him die than see him heartbroken. 

i am even angry for myself for thinking this way since everything looks so ridiculous at this point.

i cant help but relate to junghwan since i experience the same kind of story with my first love and and watching this drama kind of led me to think that first love do have a good ending in the end since mine is not.

and now my heart broke not once but twice.

thank you show cause you make me remember how painful first love are.

I agree with the fact that junghwan first love end up in a failure since so many people out there experience the same thing.

good bye reply 1988

i will never ever watch any other instalment for this series. never ever again!!!

actually i'd rather see him moving on and being happy than being conquered by something like this. his character is so much more so him being killed off because it's better than having a heartbreak is meh for me.

12 minutes ago, joannadeline said:

I want to ask you guys something....isn't there any chance for JH to be the husband? Is it official?

Ohmy god. I'm crying so hard right now really

I don't think so. The kiss seal the deal. There'll be no turning back now. It will be really awkward. 

to all the reply 1997 lovers, i think i have seen @wizengamot talking abt reply 1997 a lot too like i do , let's all rewatch reply  1997 and listen to "all for you" by eunji and seo inguk and maybe cry while listening to this thinking abt junghwan...since many here were chilbonged, i don't think rewatching reply 1994 would make them feel any better...so those who haven't and those who have watched reply 1997, let's watch it all over again and cry our eyes out at the happy ending...i think only that can make me feel better now.hell yes only sung shiwon can make me feel better now

• Like 5

I'm inclined to think that the writer wanted something different for this.  My mistake was to keep referencing the two previous Replies.  The first 2 fate always stepped in despite the bad timing.  But I feel like the writer is trying to drive home that it takes more than fate to decide a person's destiny.  That was Jh's mistake and this was the lesson the writer was trying to imply.  I honestly can't see a reversal at this point.  It just wouldn't make sense to me.  Who knew after 11 weeks I would be in the other boat waiting for a life vest.  The irony of life indeed.

• Like 14

Okay, I find JH's heartbroken story is relatable, because that's how things usually work out in real life. That's how we're still inexperienced and doubt too much then we're not doing things we supposed to do because we haven't much courage to do so.

But, then when i see other couple(BR-SW, JB-MO, and even TK-DS)'s story in compare to JH first love's story, their story felt like too good to be true.

• Like 8