[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

@EMM! I head that Taek is based on a real baduk player who also didn't know how to park his car? but  im not sure...

In my opinion it all comes down to their personalities,  Taek is this calm person, when he was young he didn't know how to do certain things, so him driving a car like some kind of professional driver kind of just kills of his character. I dont think he changed much in the past years, SW mum/ his new mum ^_^ also left him milk on the table for when he came back home....nice gesture but mind you he is 23/24 doesnt he know how to make a glass of warm milk?... In conclusion he didnt change much he is still 'baby' taek in peoples eyes people still want to take care of him. Im not saying that he did not grow up though just...barley, still we didnt see him much in this episode. Ps.I also think the scene is also for comic relief haha :) 

As for JH its kind of expected from him, he is in the airforce I wouldnt expect him to drive a mini miner  haha I also wouldnt expect  him to drive like an old granny or even worse Bora :P , the jeep suits him perfectly. He is portrayed as this 'manly' guy who probably went through loads of different training in the academy he went to become a pilot, he may have also learned how to drive that way there ? who knows hehe.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, finallyanoppatostan said:

What a perfect cast! Lee Seojin also born in 1971 like Lee Mi Yeon and KJH (Kim Jung Hwan, oops.. Kim Joo Hyuk)!!!:w00t:

And to add this good news, to my knowledge, Lee Seo Jin is in Na PD's circle. Na PD has known LSJ since variety show KBS' 1N2D season 1, when there was male guest special, and Lee Seunggi (1N2D member) invited him as his senior actor. The PD - actor relationship didn't stop there. Remember Grandpa's over Flower TVN variety show? LSJ was in there and that was Na PD's show, seems like Na PD had interest in LSJ super cold yet warm hearted character. For those who haven't watch R94, Na PD played as cameo in it. Yep, he's a good friend of Shin PD (Reply Series Director) and Lee Myeong Han PD (Na PD's senior at KBS' 1N2D season 1, who is also now the executive producer for Reply series).

So yes, there is a huge possibility on LSJ as cameo! He's in the circle!

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, cheetah_omma said:

idk what do you mean by slowmo fate.

what i can see and its like JH narration about timing and fate.

he regrets that he didnt confess to DS for long time ago when he had many chance to do it.

he finally learned his lesson about making your own damn fate, because screw timing and coincidence—you make that fate yourself with every choice, and hesitation and inaction are choices too. That’s a really important thing for Jung-hwan to learn as he finally grows up, even if he learns it in the most painful way possible. - Dramabeans

And good for you that you can hold urself not to watch until the final eps aired. Or ur health will be a mess :bawling:

i lost my appetite, and i feel so dizzy this whole day! The same symptoms when got a heartbroken :heartbreak:

nado chinguyaa :( i feel something goes wrong with my stomach since yesterday night. maybe it due to my stress after watch JH's heartfelt confession. his confession to deoksun sounds so bittersweet for me. and the way his eyes look at DS, i was crying river. somehow i can feel the way junghwan feels. like i am junghwan in that situation.

• Like 3

This 'hangover' from ep.18 is soooo difficult to cure!! Still reeled from the whiplash of a confession. 24 hours have passed and still can't sleep peacefully. 
Was a "Chilbonger" too and rehabilitated at that too. I'm just gonna say, this is JH's story more than anything else. No colour theory, no clothing pegs, nada. The narrative flow has him in it from the beginning. Can't have the finale without the guy who started it all, who wrote about DS' arm-wrestling ability. C'mon, SW-nim wouldn't have planted that journal without the audience getting an emotional payoff at the end. And KJH smells like him. Don't be fooled by the trolling red herring!!!

Fighting!:lol:

Edited by misshoggy
  • Like 21

Guest wizengamot

actually guys, even though we don;t bother with the clues etc

tumblr_inline_mtvgg6wKpb1rnhh98.gif

and even flies (because we are #TeamSkyCouple)

so i'll be out for a moment. Actually, i'm considering being less active this week because I can;t think of anything to spazz since i think episode 18 is supposed to be a cliffhanger and that the continuation of the whole "fate and timing" will come in full circle at episode 19 as we leave the decision now to DS (like waht happened at R94, as i've read). 

Heol... twitter JH-DS fans seems to be a bit down tonight so I'll leave you guys to your imagination just to keep things light (or heated lol) here: 

Some of you guys mentioned how manly uri JH looked driving his black jeep and all that, what I observed too is that his car is a bit big and very spacious hehehe it's a 4x4 Jeep what would we expect lol really I think he can fit the whole squad in there but we all know he just wants one person to sit there beside him kekekeke

Once they become a couple imagine all the things they could do there lol (listen to lee moon sae, go on dates, and many more :phew:

• Like 12

I know I'm ranting but I just want to say this... It annoys me how people just making an excuse to say they are team JH, but says TK is the Husband because the future husband is having a TK vibe in last episode. Like seriously using that lame excuse I'm teamjunghwan but I believe TK is the husband. Ugh grow up guys that is low. And I'm referring to somecomment in yt.

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, WindyL said:

And to add this good news, to my knowledge, Lee Seo Jin is in Na PD's circle. Na PD has known LSJ since variety show KBS' 1N2D season 1, when there was male guest special, and Lee Seunggi (1N2D member) invited him as his senior actor. The PD - actor relationship didn't stop there. Remember Grandpa's over Flower TVN variety show? LSJ was in there and that was Na PD's show, seems like Na PD had interest in LSJ super cold yet warm hearted character. For those who haven't watch R94, Na PD played as cameo in it. Yep, he's a good friend of Shin PD (Reply Series Director) and Lee Myeong Han PD (Na PD's senior at KBS' 1N2D season 1, who is also now the executive producer for Reply series).

Hahaha it woukd be so funny though, to see LSJ act like a compliant Taek being told what to told by his friends...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kayle01 said:

@EMM! I head that Taek is based on a real baduk player who also didn't know how to park his car? but  im not sure...

In my opinion it all comes down to their personalities,  Taek is this calm person, when he was young he didn't know how to do certain things, so him driving a car like some kind of professional driver kind of just kills of his character. I dont think he changed much in the past years, SW mum/ his new mum ^_^ also left him milk on the table for when he came back home....nice gesture but mind you he is 23/24 doesnt he know how to make a glass of warm milk?... In conclusion he didnt change much he is still 'baby' taek in peoples eyes people still want to take care of him. Im not saying that he did not grow up though just...barley, still we didnt see him much in this episode. Ps.I also think the scene is also for comic relief haha :) 

As for JH its kind of expected from him, he is in the airforce I wouldnt expect him to drive a mini miner  haha I also wouldnt expect  him to drive like an old granny or even worse Bora :P , the jeep suits him perfectly. He is portrayed as this 'manly' guy who probably went through loads of different training in the academy he went to become a pilot, he may have also learned how to drive that way there ? who knows hehe.

thanks! hahahah yeah, i really think it was just for comic relief and such
though what i really wanna think if i go delusional and all.. was taek not knowing how to park in their alley..was him not /properly fitting in/ as the husband even if he tries to be HAHAHAHAAHAHAH

I'm kidding, I'm kidding!

• Like 3

I think some people should chill on analysing every //single// thing in every episode to prove TK or JH is the husband.

I didn't start R88 only till like a few days ago? So I literally binged watch 16 episodes HAHA. I followed the flow of the story like what @wizengamot said. I tried to not like any of the guys, didn't look for clues or anything but my heart went to JH as the episodes went on because like... isn't it normal? hahaha it is like any other kdrama out there.

I feel like those super delulu TK DS shippers are the ones who have the Second Lead Syndrome but are just living in self denial. (oops I don't mean it rudely really!!!! :() The second lead in this case TK gets all the advantages, like in ep 18 where he reached first before JH. JH would then be emo emo emo and be a sobbing mess like any kdrama would (but eventually gets the girl because he gotta go through some pain first man HAHA) 

Some TK DS shippers are so delusional that when they point out clues and stuff, it reminds me of fans of k-pop idols trying to find clues between their favourite OTP (wearing the same accessories, clothes, slight eye contact etc.) Of course there are some TK DS shippers who believe that JH is the husband. Props to them because dayum gurl you strong.

BUT if TK really turns out to be the husband then well done writers, you did a really FANTASTIC job in writing. Claps for you. :D and I will slap myself HAHAHA

So, I woke up today very positive! :D I don't know what's going to happen in the next episodes, I just know the husband is no other than JH, and no one will convince me that Kim JooHyuk is changing his acting, I saw JH when he was bickering with her wife at the beginning of the series and I still see JH when he's being polite in front of strangers. The door incident isn't that worrisome as I first thought, there are thousands of reasons for why she might be actually waiting for TK, and most of them don't involve any romantic feelings. I mean, the whole episode with its hints.. the beeper, the door, the "I got first to the concert because timing is on my side" etc, etc.. it was all so damn obvious and suspiciously convenient. Like Blue said, Shin PD did it again! They have mastered the art of trolling! LOL.

@carolinedl I watched La Boum last night! I'll put this on spoiler bc is kind of off topic haha

Spoiler

Ohh I loved "La Boum"! Thank you for the links. I think the story is very relatable, you can feel close to Vic as you can identify with her trauma and her crush on Matthieu. I feel that the film truly makes a substantial effort to bridge the cultural gap in between American teenagers and their French peers. 
I really enjoyed it! laughing with Vic, crying with her, and screaming with her at her frustrating parents hahah thumbs up to this!

Ok i woke up completely cured of a bleeding heart.

Let me ask you again how the hell on world one see DS hiding her burp???? Or other insignificant trifles? I can understand colors and dolls but that burping thing is top notch. Damn man thats just going tooooooo richard simmons deep. I saw eps 1-7 three times and every single time i just followed the story i only managed to spot colors and dolls and position of bags in ep 2 so i thought that DS intended to give chocolate to JH but mistook bags. I love PBG but they are forcing me not to like TK. Is JH some kind of trigger for TKs love for DS? Theres just no freakin way that they will change the script, make a half of  world's population delusional and make a trigger and a second lead out of JH who was the centar of love development since ep 1 just to satisfy blind fans. I am really sorry for being rude but i am just frustrated due to comments i read (not on TK/DS thread cuz i really dont care what are they talking about there and i dont lurk). 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Awen Noet said:

@aishakoe you're living in medan?? me too. yahhhh banggapda chingu ya.

*doing the Kim sajang greeting

Aigooooo,yaaaaaaahh...neomu banggawoso,chingu...hahahaha :D Wuaaah, never thought that i would meet Orang Medan here..Hey,we're in the same city!! :D  So glad that you join this ship too,chingu...Let's celebrate it together next week..Hahaha :D

(Wooow, i do really sound confident of this ship, don't i? Let's pray together that the Shin PD & Lee chaka won't dissapoint us. Like i said before, 90-10 my friend..hahaha :D )

• Like 4

4 hours ago, creecabs said:

lol I see all JH's scenes from ep 1-3 quite differently now especially ep 3 where he put his arms around her shoulder he must have felt giddy back then + the hiding of the liquor was just an act to see her in midnight  :phew: sneaky JH!!

Most of us (after the final ep airs) will probs go back and watch the entire series again through different eyes since we would know JH AND DS POV. It will be magical!!! Every little look, touch or words will mean something so different.

Of course that is if DS chooses JH or else I probs won't touch this series(it was great for most part)  ever again (don't know about you guys). 

• Like 16