[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

4 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

LOL I DON'T THINK AIR FORCE JACKET CAN BE SOLD ANYWHERE

AND IF THERE ARE AIR FORCE JACKET SOLD ANYWHERE, WHY WOULD EVEN TK BUY THAT?

PLUS THE WAY FUTURE HUBBY ACTS POLITE ON THE REPORTERS

TK IS A BADUK MASTER AND MAINTAINS POKER FACE AROUND REPORTERS 

LALALALALA~

DENY ALL THEY WANT

JH IS THE HUSBAND

Yazzz Also, why did DS even try to explain to the reporters that her hubby doesn't really like to be interviewed? every richard simmons reporter in South Korea must have known about TK the baduk player and how he's too hard to be interviewed. Gosh. And why is he in the coffee shop with LMY if he is the husband? isn't he supposed to be in the baduk center teaching his hoobaes or in China having a baduk tournament? 

• Like 14

Guest wizengamot
3 minutes ago, boranoona said:

I can't rest in peace until i get a proper explanation of why deoksun keeps looking at the door.the confession scene would have been 100% perfect if deoksun didn't do it :mellow::mellow::mellow: just why oh why :tears:

SOMEONE ON THE MAIN THREAD THINKS THAT THE REASON DS KEEPS LOOKING AT THE DOOR IS BECAUSE MAYBE AFTER THE CONCERT SCENE, TK CONFESSED TO DS AND SHE REJECTED HIM SO SHE'S WORRIED THAT HE MIGHT NOT SHOW UP BECAUSE OF THE REJECTION. :)

5 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

LOL I DON'T THINK AIR FORCE JACKET CAN BE SOLD ANYWHERE

AND IF THERE ARE AIR FORCE JACKET SOLD ANYWHERE, WHY WOULD EVEN TK BUY THAT?

PLUS THE WAY FUTURE HUBBY ACTS POLITE ON THE REPORTERS

TK IS A BADUK MASTER AND MAINTAINS POKER FACE AROUND REPORTERS 

LALALALALA~

DENY ALL THEY WANT

JH IS THE HUSBAND

I actually noticed the jacket when I watched it, I even come closer to my laptop screen to see the logo :)) 

But somehow I forgot about it after the confession scene...The confession scene makes me crazy!

• Like 9

Guest wizengamot
4 minutes ago, noname noname said:

I lophh yohh chinguuu for keep spreading the positivity and make all of us gather our faith back *thousand of kisses sent from here. Hehehehe*

tumblr_n17al29BpG1smcbm7o1_250.gif

and also @EMM! for the subbed vids, dying for that :)

Guest wizengamot

guys, let me hug you

this plane-ship keeps moving and it's because we stuck together

SUCH TEAMWORK REALLY!!!

(i'm bringing this gif back)

tumblr_inline_mfk48xBMkX1rbs09l.gif

Guys, regarding the confession, when JH starts talking about that he like her for a long time and start talking about high school days, I was a bit nervous for him because future DS didn't know that the husband like her (she was looking at the picture and mention: You must have liked me already here) but when it turns out to be a joke... it can mean that DS really treat it as a joke? I don't know but I still find some qualities of the future husband can be both JH or Taek. There's no clear confirmation yet. Unless they're showing a scene that DS tells JH: Thank you for loving me (like Najung did to Chilbong) then I'd believe JH/DS is over. People in 1994 going to blind dates like crazy lolol so I think both guys have a series of dating record, it's just not serious.

And I'm start to wondering who is the main character for the interview, obviously if the husband was the main subject of the interview, how can he leave? He should have stayed with his wife for further questions. People saying it's Taek since he's famous and well known for hating interview, but seeing DS sending her husband away I wonder if he's not the main subject for interviewing. Go home and do work also means a lot of things. Both husband and wife seems to be on break. 

I dont know, everything is still as vague and I'm not jumping to any conclusion yet.

• Like 12

That confession with subs+ryu junyeol's gold espressions made me cry puddles again.i think even if i watch this scene 10 yrs later, i would still cry.we were just audiences and we cried, richard simmons if someone proposed to me like this, i would die :heart:

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, Adwina Oltariani said:

I just realized Deoksun secretly stealing glances at Junghwan everytime the whole gang was gathering. And Junghwan also stealing glances at her.. I suggest you watch it by yourself. I dunno if it's intentional, but yeah DS looked at JH a lot. Even when they're teasing her, DS always yells at Junghwan the most compared to others. Even bragging about her being popular with guys Looks like someone is still very angry at him xD

CYS7uzUUMAA793r.png

CYS7vmcUAAAkaBW.png

CYS7vF7VAAA0PgO.png

and when they went drinking at DR's restaurant afterwards.. Did she secretly smile at Junghwan? because look at the way Junghwan being tense when she smiles. AND she looks like she's upset at his reaction

CYS7TE8VAAAkViz.png

CYS7UHRUAAAfdLQ.png

CYS7S7yVAAA9xrT.png

I just realized Deoksun secretly stealing glances at Junghwan everytime the whole gang was gathering. And Junghwan also stealing glances at her.. I suggest you watch it by yourself. I dunno if it's intentional, but yeah DS looked at JH a lot. Even when they're teasing her, DS always yells at Junghwan the most compared to others. Even bragging about her being popular with guys Looks like someone is still very angry at him xD

CYS7uzUUMAA793r.png

CYS7vmcUAAAkaBW.png

CYS7vF7VAAA0PgO.png

and when they went drinking at DR's restaurant afterwards.. Did she secretly smile at Junghwan? because look at the way Junghwan being tense when she smiles. AND she looks like she's upset at his reaction

CYS7TE8VAAAkViz.png

CYS7UHRUAAAfdLQ.png

CYS7S7yVAAA9xrT.png

this is what i need the most tbh

• Like 8

The confession scene is so heartbreakingly familiar - cue Reply 1997. 

When Yoon Jae confessed to Siwon in Reply 1997, in a way, he was saying goodbye to his first love too. 

But we know that goodbye isn't really goodbye because first loves will stay with you forever.

I'm still sure that JH gets the girl in the end - just you wait!! 

• Like 13

The only thing I was focused on is DS's reaction during JH's confession.

Did you guys see the way she looked?! She was obviously reminiscing when JH was saying all the things they've done like meeting on the bus and when he would wait for her when she studied late. That face, is the face of a girl in love and truly in awe of what just happened. I think her reaction was acceptable because she wasn't expecting it but also come on, her reaction showed that she didn't care even if SW and DR was there or not. 

What really speaks to me is DS's love for her friends. She cares for each and every one of them even after all these years. Of course she's more cautious of TK because that's just who she saw him as even when they were growing up together. I think she's just worried that she does not want to be the reason that the squad doesn't stay as friends is because of her so she's very cautious with her actions around each one of them, especially JH and TK

• Like 15

hi! I'm new not so new:blush:, I just was a ghost because I don't know how write in English, so I just keeps reading yours analysts and cheers myself why yours theories and I love this thread for this things, i was following this thread since ep 10 because I don't knew that this was alive, my ship is alive and I know that.. but I just disappointed for the lastest episodes..     I saw reply97 and in the start I don't knew who was be the husband but later I was just super sure about this..:) Now I think that this is Junghwan, but the writer is saying now that this is taek? really? :|  I like it the taek character, I was thinking on him how a baby, not rival! I don't hate taek just because I can't hate him, he is not bad, is the fault of the writer.. 

THANKYOU FOR Keeping ALIVE THIS BEAUTIFUL SHIP!! :tears::heart:

• Like 11

Guest wizengamot
1 minute ago, kaqueski said:

Guys, regarding the confession, when JH starts talking about that he like her for a long time and start talking about high school days, I was a bit nervous for him because future DS didn't know that the husband like her (she was looking at the picture and mention: You must have liked me already here) but when it turns out to be a joke... it can mean that DS really treat it as a joke? I don't know but I still find some qualities of the future husband can be both JH or Taek. There's no clear confirmation yet. Unless they're showing a scene that DS tells JH: Thank you for loving me (like Najung did to Chilbong) then I'd believe JH/DS is over. People in 1994 going to blind dates like crazy lolol so I think both guys have a series of dating record, it's just not serious.

And I'm start to wondering who is the main character for the interview, obviously if the husband was the main subject of the interview, how can he leave? He should have stayed with his wife for further questions. People saying it's Taek since he's famous and well known for hating interview, but seeing DS sending her husband away I wonder if he's not the main subject for interviewing. Go home and do work also means a lot of things. Both husband and wife seems to be on break. 

I dont know, everything is still as vague and I'm not jumping to any conclusion yet.

that's what i commented too when i was recapping...

that the husband is not the one being interviewed but DS, and since he is her husband, he gets to be interviewed too. the scene earlier looks like DS is the center of the interview :) nice avatar btw

6 minutes ago, balladblue said:

I don't want TK to be the one to bring JH and DS together. The writer needs to bring DS to the forefront again and make her an active decision-maker in this story line. I love DS just as much as I love JH (which is a whooooole lot), and I'm disappointed her POV and character development have been severely compromised for the sake of the story. Yes, I am criticizing the wonderfully talented Lee Woojung-nim for her writing in regards to DS, and only DS. 

Hyeri is also getting flack for her acting, but I feel strongly that Shin PD-nim directed her to give deliberately ambiguous expressions. Again, to fuel the husband mystery. But what happens, which imo is worse than the shipping wars, is that DS becomes hidden. Our sunshine, so bright and so open, has now receded and become oddly guarded. Certainly, her becoming more reserved about her feelings may be part of her growth over the past four/five years, but as the audience we were never there with her when she went through that change, so it ends up feeling uncharacteristic. 

Just as much as I want to see JH happy, I want to see DS pick up the ball that is in her court and go after the person she loves. 

i agree with this. since i only watched R97 and it has been my top kdrama of all time, i think DS character had been hidden much even though these past few weeks all we went is to know her perspective. they've focus much on husband hunting and putting red herrings to keep the game on

I need to analyse DS reaction to confession. Maybe someone has already done that but sorry i cant keep up very well from my phone.

She definitely was surprised! I've noticed this in earlier episodes that when she's suprised her ears are moving backwards. She gulped after he said 나 너 좋아해. Her eyes and her glances  were priceless and those smiles awwwww. Hyeri did a great job here. 

• Like 14

Guys, thanks so much for saving my day with the jacket discovery. I was so tempted not to watch any more episodes until the husband hunt is done and dusted, yet the anger of what happened today was so strong I could even get out of this thread.

I just have a quick question, which has been bugged me for a while. From what we learnt in ep6 (?), the husband dated a lot of girls before DS. At 1994, it seems to me that Taek was the one doing the blind dates, while JH did not have any girlfriend (based on the recaps I read on the MT). If that is true, oh my gosh, my world would crash again...

Unless, sigh, and this is me dreaming again that today episode is a closure to JH's first love and there is another time jump, where we will see them getting back together again.

Final point, I am just extremely bugged by DS getting distracted during JH's confession or anyone's confession. NOT NICE! :(

• Like 3