[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

5 hours ago, IAmSoulReader said:

As much as I understand your dismay we have to be realistic as well. We need to judge the matter from his point of view. He grew up in a very different world from ours where making sure the bloodline continued was just as important as political marriage. For him as a noble from the royal family and later as a king he never had the freedom to choose is partner in marriage. First he had to abide to the decisions of the former kings. Then when he eventually inherited the throne (thinking it would bring him a freedom of choice) he had to realize that he still had to rely on the powerful families. After all, he was the king and had the burden of protecting a whole nation on his shoulders.

Producing an heir was a task of a king's work. There was definitely nothing romantic or emotional about it for him.

I believe that when Hae Soo left he must have regretted his original foolishness the most. Until the very end he thought that he could marry Soo for real. The realisation of not being able to do so must have come as a devestating shock to him. After all a happy family with her had always been his dream.

I bet he must have regretted ever going for a throne a lot at that time, wishing they would have eloped to somewhere far away from the place...:mellow: 

Unfortunately eloping together would not have worked because they would have to be forever on the run and hide from the king, and as So told her before that the king has a far reach.  He really had no choice poor So. :(

• Like 13

12 minutes ago, IAmSoulReader said:

Apparently the heart of a baby starts to beat around the 5th week of a pregnancy. However, ultrasound will only show it a few weeks later. Now imagine how long it would take an ancient doctor to notice...

Hae Soo had today's knowledge about pregnancy and if they were having sex without protection  (which would have been the case) she was surely aware what would happen sooner or later.

To me it seemed as if she was quite aware of her pregnancy when she left. In fact it wasn’t CR's death that finalized her decision. It was most likely that she could not bear for her own child to suffer and be threatened like she had been all this while. It gave her the strength to walk away from the palace and So. I'm not sure if she could have done it otherwise. She is someone who invests her everything into the people she loves but rarely takes the easy way out and be selfish... 

I believe she knew when her period was missing and it was too soon for the doctors to notice the second pulse. The doctor even said it himself. Last time he checken it wasn't strong enough for him to notice.

I enjoyed your post! I don't quite share your thoughts on the baby matter though...:sweatingbullets:

I absolutely agree with you on this. Her decision to leave came a little after the doctor's visit. The fact that he mentioned he couldn't feel the baby's pulse initally gives us a clue that she was pregnant longer before. The discussion about having kids with So came before the physicians check up, and immediately after that we see Soo praying at the rocks, stating that that 10 years is too harsh. I am on the side that says Soo knew she was pregnant and had planned to tell So. Other things just got in the way, she lost her chance.  Soo did not appear shocked about news of her baby, but Jung certainly was. 

• Like 20

@IAmSoulReader As you quoted me I'll try to be clearer.

I do believe that she made the decision without knowing of a pregnancy because it was not shown nor stated as part of her decision process. I can't assume that it was narratively badly done. As the moment she did know, when I said : "The timeline is not clear enough to make actual projections", I meant I didn't know: it could be whenever pleases the mind.

Concerning the prayer at the rocks and the discussion about babies it happened at least 1 year prior to her pregnancy.

The pulse for pregnancy is actually the "slippery pulse" and doesn't have anything to do with a second pulse... at the start at least. For what I understand it is quite unreliable but it is a fictional world and sageuk royal physicians are usually very accurate. And HS does say that it was the early stage when she left the palace but we are not privy to what early stage is supposed to mean to her nor how long she has already spent in WJ's adobe. So anyone's guess is as good as mine.

I am not trying to convince you for I do believe that the theory about the earlier pregnancy is as good as the later one and it is just a question of what fulfills what we're looking for.

Edited by shamael
  • Like 8

On 11/2/2016 at 6:20 PM, Kasmic said:

Sorry so weird I can't get rid of my old quote box!!!

Anyway now that I am sane and trying to accept the ending. One question when So took away the jar with Soo's ashes what did Jung take out? was it part of the Jar or was it something with Soo's ashes too? 

• Like 3

On 4.11.2016 at 7:30 AM, Sharine Phinisia said:

And don't forget IU too! she got balls for taking this project in the first place... and having LJG as her co-star... many people mention her and Baekhyun's acting as one of the cause of the flop of this drama... but despite several scenes that felt awkward, her depth and zap in every gestures and scenes with So always caught me by surprise. :tears: It's kinda sad to see many discrediting comments that questioned her capability as the main heroine that's supposed to be the anchor of the drama... 

IU was the perfect match for  WS/LJG. Visually, they are the epitome of harmony and grace.And indeed, she was brave and confident  enough to take the project: imo,  LJG outshined all his partners (with the exception of Shin Min-ah maybe)  untill now. Furthermore, IU`s presence was a plus for WS´s charm: they were like the visualisation of  a "perfect pitch" together. :)

• Like 23

30 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

@Gabi Bros @akinahana89 I'm pretty sure most of the cast and crew has seen both videos by now as they have a group chat open on Kakao Talk and communicate frequently among themselves. 

I thought that might be the case since I remember they, themselves, stated that they had a group chat in which they were all very active in. But I know a lot of Eclipses would like confirmation that Joon Gi and IU, most importantly, had been made aware of the video project. ^^ Thank you for all your help!

• Like 14

20 minutes ago, Kelly86 said:

Anyway now that I am sane and trying to accept the ending. One question when So took away the jar with Soo's ashes what did Jung take out? was it part of the Jar or was it something with Soo's ashes too? 

Jung took out a hair pin. HaeSoos court lady pin

HaeSoo took that pin to hurt her kneck while hiding Jung in her room. after she reentered the room hee took the pin from her, to keep her from doing such again and never gave the pin back

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, shamael said:

@IAmSoulReader As you quoted me I'll try to be clearer.

I do believe that she made the decision without knowing of a pregnancy because it was not shown nor stated as part of her decision process. I can't assume that it was narratively bad done. As the moment she did know, when I said : "The timeline is not clear enough to make actual projections", I meant I didn't know: it could be whenever pleases the mind.

Concerning the prayer at the rocks and the discussion about babies it happened at least 1 year prior to her pregnancy.

The pulse for pregnancy is actually the "slippery pulse" and doesn't have anything to do with a second pulse... at the start at least. For what I understand it is quite unreliable but it is a fictional world and sageuk royal physicians are usually very accurate. And HS does say that it was the early stage when she left the palace but we are not privy to what early stage is supposed to mean to her nor how long she has already spent in WJ's adobe. So anyone's guess is as good as mine.

I am not trying to convince you for I do believe that the theory about the earlier pregnancy is as good as the later one and it is just a question of what fulfills what we're looking for.

I completely accept where you're coming from. I just think that the writers intended to show another perspective to explain her character development. Another small hint on the start of her pregnancy is when the midwife tells Jung that the baby came early. But she looked quite healthy, didn’t she? (If not why even mention it to us?) Of course the lady must have counted the months after the marriage. But in fact Hae Soo had most likely been pregnant for something about 2 months when she married (according to what I assume). As I said, it's just a hint. 

If Hae Soo left without knowing about the pregnancy her actions would have been out of her usual character. She always accepted great suffering but stepped up when she had to protect a loved one. That is why in my opinion it only makes sense for her to leave if she knew she had to protect someone other than just herself - her unborn baby.

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, maniac-moon said:

These instrumental OSTs are awesome

My most favorite is THE SORROW OF PRINCE

Mine too:wub: Usually there is always one or two tracks i skip. but this time each track  is just amazing!

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Kelly86 said:

Jung took out the hairpin that Soo used to threaten and scratched herself when So was looking for Jung in the Damiwon late at night. He kept that hairpin and even lent it to Soon Deok when they were clearing the tunnel for the escape.

• Like 10

@hiluna @itzibitzispider~ Thanks guys....My eyes must of been too watery I sure did not see a hair pin LOL but now that ya mentioned that it makes sense because I do remember Jung showing Soon duk a hair pin in 15.

I'm so happy that King Moo and Taejo saw that project! all that hard work paid off for those who participated. LJK I know you saw it too :) we know he's a total lurker hehe :P 

• Like 16

'Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo' Lee Joon-Gi teases special episode, Gwangjong meets Hae-Soo; Season 2 petition launched by fans [SPOILERS]

• Spoiler

IU and Lee Joon-Gi star in the SBS drama 'Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo.'

IU and Lee Joon-Gi star in the SBS drama 'Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo.' (Photo : YouTube/drama sparks)

It has only been three days since SBS' "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" aired its finale episode, yet many fans are already yearning for a second season. The 20-episode historical drama starred Lee Joon-Gi and Lee Ji-Eun aka IU.

Like Us on Facebook

Recently, avid fans set up an online petition with the aim of collecting at least 35,000 signatures or supporters. It is said that the petition will be sent to SBS' President/Co-Rep Director Lee Woong-Mo.

Despite the low and unjustified ratings in South Korea, "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" drew a favorable response abroad. Since it is based on Hunan's "Scarlet Heart" (2010-2011), fans wanted to ask the SBS Network to make "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" Season 2, just like the Chinese version.

The petitioner, Charlene Mae Perez, also asked SBS to keep the contracts of the show's cast member valid. As of date, there are only 8,711 supporters needed in order to reach the goal of 35,000.

While many are glad about the claims, it is important to note that nothing is official yet. Talks about the possible "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" Season 2 started after the drama's cliffhanger ending left fans with so many questions.

The finale episode, which aired on Nov. 1, Tuesday, saw the death of Hae-Soo (IU) after she gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Hae-Soo's soul then returned to her incarnation in the 21st century.

While struggling to get over the trauma of her experiences, she passed by a gallery of Goryeo Dynasty-era paintings.

The heroine then realized that everything happened was not a dream and felt sorry for leaving 4th Prince Wang So / King Gwangjong (Lee) behind. Meanwhile, in the Goryeo Era, Wang So promised that if they are not from the same world, then "I will find you, my Hae-Soo."

Hence, many believed Wang So and Hae Soo's love story is far from over. It intensified after Lee took to Instagram on Nov. 2, Tuesday and shared a clip from the finale episode with a "SOON" emoji.

Further, Lee seemingly hints at an extra episode of the SBS drama in the midst of "My Love Lee Joon-Gi" fan meeting. Speaking before a predominantly Korean crowd, as translated by a Tumblr user, the Hallyu star stated King Gwangjong will surely meet Hae-Soo, but stressed that he does not know when will it be released.

"At any rate, I won't spoil you," Lee added. "I do believe that Gwangjong's true feelings for Soo were delivered to her. I guess this is what you call an open ending?"

http://en.yibada.com/articles/171381/20161104/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-lee-joon-gi-teases-special.htm

• Like 21

4 hours ago, hiluna said:

Jung took out the hairpin that Soo used to threaten and scratched herself when So was looking for Jung in the Damiwon late at night. He kept that hairpin and even lent it to Soon Deok when they were clearing the tunnel for the escape.

Actually, that seemed to be not the hairpin he had lent to Soon Deok, but the mother-of-pearl (a polished shell) decoration HS used to put at the top of her hairdo when she was the chief court lady at the Damiwon... Are they the same thing? I can't remember...

EDIT: Problem solved (see my next comments). It's the same one: I checked. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, jerboa83 said:

Actually, that seemed to be not the wooden hairpin he had lent to Soon Deok, but the mother-of-pearl (a polished shell) decoration HS used to put at the top of her hairdo when she was the chief court lady at the Damiwon... Are they the same thing? I don't think so...

I think it is the same, maybe she has multiple ones, and she was the chief court lady when the incident happened.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, atgirlina said:

We have two georyo kings responded to our project. so proud of it @akinahana89 

Royally proud of it.... :wub:

#sorry mod, my mobile wont let me delete the quoted pic.

Who's the other king? I'm still backtracking, and I don't know how to find the previous post...

Just now, jerboa83 said:

Who's the other king? I'm still backtracking, and I don't know how to find the previous post...

Is it the actor playing Moo/the CP? 

• Like 7