[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

8 minutes ago, IAmSoulReader said:

So... if I was to write an alternative/additional ending for Scarlet Heart Ryeo would anybody here be interested in reading it? I do have a happy ending in mind, just in case your wondering (or scared).:D

We encourage all kinds of creative processes as long as Jimong is not the lead!!! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 18

1 hour ago, antiherofans said:

Yes, lure the new victims of MLSHR :lol:

41 minutes ago, may6 said:

they don't know what awaits them...insert ...evil laugh  :grimace:

I will ask admission .... this madhouse get's belated crowded .... me need a guard at the door *evillaughter* ... can't escape us 

• Like 7

'Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo' star Lee Joon-Gi reveals most memorable scene; SBS drama ends run with high ratings

• South Korean actor Lee Joon-Gi plays the lead character of 4th Prince Wang So in SBS's 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo.'

South Korean actor Lee Joon-Gi plays the lead character of 4th Prince Wang So in SBS's 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo.' (Photo : Instagram/actor_jg)

"Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" won big in ratings on Nov. 1, Tuesday, when it aired its finale episode after a two-month run. The historical drama starred Lee Joon-Gi and Lee Ji-Eun aka IU.

With a national television rating of 12.2 percent, "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" figured in the top five most watched programs in South Korea, according to Nielsen Korea, as cited by Soompi. It ranked first against KBS 2TV's "The Man Living in Our House" and MBC's "The Woman with a Suitcase," which gathered 8.5 percent and 8.1 percent in viewership ratings, respectively.

Like Us on Facebook

To celebrate the show's success, Lee Joon-Gi, who portrayed 4th Prince Wang So, held a mini fan meeting on Nov. 1, Tuesday, at the Lotte World Tower Mall. The event, dubbed "My Love Lee Joon-Gi," was broadcast live on the Naver V app.

"This is such a mind-blowing moment," The Kpop Herald quoted Lee as saying. "Without fans' support, how would I dare to make this happen? I hope fans will enjoy the final episode."

The 34-year-old Hallyu star then beamed at some 598 lucky fans who continued shouting when he made the slightest gestures. There, he shared the most memorable scene of the SBS drama.

Lee picked the part where the 4th Prince Wang So and Hae Soo (IU) reunited at a creek, stating that it was more romantic than kiss scenes. The 12th episode of the SBS drama showed Hae Soo being demoted to a water maid, while Wang So was sent away to Later Jin. One year later, the latter visited the former and informed her that he missed her.

The mini fan meeting apparently brought fans many special moments. The event featured Q&A session, taking selfies and Lee's reenactments of "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" scenes with fans. Photos from the event were widely circulated on Facebook

congratulations
  • Like 19

5 minutes ago, andy78 said:

Lee picked the part where the 4th Prince Wang So and Hae Soo (IU) reunited at a creek, stating that it was more romantic than kiss scenes. The 12th episode of the SBS drama showed Hae Soo being demoted to a water maid, while Wang So was sent away to Later Jin. One year later, the latter visited the former and informed her that he missed her.

UM YES. This was such a romantic scene and both IU and LGK killed this scene. For once, the show was perfect at this moment. The music was haunting when Hae Su was rubbing her eyes, recognizing whether it was WS or just a dream that's returned to her. And his voice heard before he's seen? UM PERFECT. IU also makes this amazing acting choice where she holds her breath until he wraps his arms around her so you can see her entire body relax right after he touches her. It was awesome and I think the scene that really made me fall hard for them. 

Also I literally wrote Escape from the Palace just so I could write this scene: 

Spoiler

This afternoon, she thought she had lucked into the only job that the other water maids didn’t want because it required a lot of back strength. Hanging laundry often took a long time, but at least it was on dry land and didn’t pain her legs. She had thrown one sheet after the other onto the bamboo poles set up for drying. She was still good deal shorter and struggled. The days at the goyabang were the same. Wash, rinse, repeat. She thought how those instructions were so bland in the modern age, but now meant hours and hours of back breaking work. She survived. She knew that was more important. She could go back to her room and try to rest her legs before the river washing in the morning. The food at the gyobang was terrible and she wasn’t looking forward to dinner. She was on her last sheet. She sighed with relief.

Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted dark armor, but it was gone quickly. Hae Su’s heart skipped a second. It couldn’t be. She must miss her friend so terribly that she was hallucinating him. She rubbed her eyes. The air begin to feel strange and a familiar scent mixed with the smell of clean clothing.

“You never did listen.”

His clear low voice began, gently mocking her. Hae Su was awash in memories. It wasn’t a dream. He had come back. He was here.

“I told you to stay put at the Damiwon.”

Her mouth had no words and the hair on the back of her neck stood up, goose pimples rose on the back of her arms and she felt the charge of his body. She was still immobile. Hae Su felt like her feet were stones buried in the grass. She looked at her hands, which were trembling, trying to hold on to the clothespins in her palm. She wanted to believe that he was finally back. She didn’t count the days that he was gone, it was too depressing.

“Doing physical labor suited you better than being a court lady anyway.” She wanted to laugh. He always knew her better than anyone else. She didn’t dare to turn around. What if she had really gone crazy? She knew missing Wang So was stupid. She was the one who drove him away from his palace. Still, night after night, she returned to her memories with him. There was no harm if it was just her and the Prince So she had in her head. Just as suddenly as he started speaking, the voice stopped. There was a silence. She held her breath. So, it was a dream. She was going crazy.

Hae Su hung her head, her eyes filling up with tears. She took a deep breath, bracing herself to stop this stupid fantasy, but the voice spoke again. This time, his solid arms wrapped around her from behind she could feel his face resting against her cheek.

“I’ve missed you.”

The pain in her chest was too much and Hae Su finally let go of the breath that was choking her. He was back. Wang So was back. Hae Su felt like her body was going to give out, her legs were already bucking and trembling. He felt so strong against her back, like he was holding her up. She wanted more than anything to lean against him, to tell him that she missed him this entire year. Suddenly, she had the memory of him, his mouth full of blood and collapsing in the breezeway outside of the tea ceremony. She felt the cold return to her gut. No. She could not be this close to him. He should not be here. There could be a gossiping misuri nearby.  The last time he was this close to her, he nearly died. She could not be responsible for ending another life because she was too careless. And Wang So, maybe he was a future king, but more importantly, he was the dearest friend she had left. It would kill her to see anything happen to him. Stiffening her spine, Hae Su put her shoulders back.

“You should not be here. Pretend you didn’t see me.” She bent down to pick up her laundry basket and bid a hasty exit, maybe he would take the hint.

Of course, he didn’t. Wang So rarely ever did what she wanted. He took her by the shoulders and examined her closely, checking her over carefully. He looked at her like a man would look at a woman, with desire. Hae Su felt her cheeks flush.

Their relationship was a complicated one. She cared for him, deeply. She worried about his health, his happiness, his tendencies to lash out in anger. She knew a little of his history with his mother. Above all things, Hae Su knew that she wanted to protect Wang So at all costs. But her heart was too caught up in Wook. She felt dishonest reciprocating anything that wasn’t entirely for Wang So.

He said over and over again that he considered her ‘his person,’ but sometimes she wondered if he didn’t mean that he was hers.

He had done everything to protect her that was humanly possible. She wouldn’t be alive right now if it weren’t for Wang So. Still, she couldn’t return his heart, because it wouldn’t be fair. She would only be entangling him in her weaknesses as a pawn of the court. No, Wang So needed to be married to be someone from a powerful family who would help him consolidate the powers and keep him safe. Hae Su’s brain worked out what she could say to him to give them space, but she couldn’t help scanning him thoroughly. He still looked healthy, like the hard days of campaigning had only made him tougher. She was just glad he was still whole. Of what she heard about soldiers in the Goryeo army, they tended to come back in pieces. He took her hands and stroked her fingers, which were cracked and broken from the laundry work. Hae Su felt a tinge of regret, she didn’t want Wang So to pity her. Instead, he smiled.

“As always, you are beautiful.”

Hae Su looked at his eyes, which were still as warm as ever, but one eye was still covered by his mask. She grew nervous. She stopped short from touching his face again and instead asked,

“Why did you cover it? Did you forget how to prepare the make up? Did your scar get worse? You hated it so much, why would you wear...”

She was cut off in mid-sentence when he took off his mask and smiled wryly at her. His scar was as skillfully covered as when she first show him how. Hae Su was taken aback, she almost forgot how Wang So looked. She stepped back, always little unnerved by the scrutiny of his gaze. She pressed her lips together and swallowed hard.

“I didn’t take off my mask so I wouldn’t forget you. I was determined to come back to you.”

• Like 24

49 minutes ago, briseis said:

His - The Wolf and The Lamb

“May my life's breath find refuge in your heart, destroyed in your love, may my life depart.”  

Wang So’s and Hae Soo’s ill-fated love story in Goryeo comes full circle as So spurs his horse on, rushing to Hae Soo’s side one last time. While she’s spend the last months of her life waiting for him, just like she had spend the previous years. Even after she left him, her life has been centered around him. Soo might have escaped the Palace, but she could never escape her lover, could never be free of him because they are eternally bound. Her memories of him, her visions of him by her side have kept her alive each day; the thought that she’s carrying his child and the hope that he would one day return to her gave her the strength to survive aeach new day day. The first time she had arrived to Goryeo she wanted to survive only for herself, now she is living for him and their unborn child. In the end, WS truly has been Soo’s lifeline. But he comes too late because without him she couldn’t last even a one whole year, far less ten; because she spent all her lifeforce on giving birth to their daughter - TO PROTECT THIS LITTLE PIECE OF HIM. And so she draws her last breath wearing So’s lotus hairpin, the token of his love that marks her as HIS - HIS lover, HIS friend, HIS queen, HIS partner, HIS equal, HIS wife, the mother of HIS child,… -  and listening to the song that made him realize he loved her what seems like an eternity ago.

“Soo may be dead, but she’s my person.” 

Even after her death Wang So can’t let go of his Soo, his sun that has burned out. He keeps clinging to her ashes, just like he keeps clinging to the memory of her. Theirs was a love doomed from the start, and not only because Soo’s been always living on borrowed time (he kept her alive and protect her all this while) and just like the sun and the moon during the eclipse they could spend only a limited time together. He was the wolf who fell in love with a lamb - a predator who fell in love with a healer. She had woken up in the body of a girl who had a heart condition, later her body went through cruel torture and hard labour which shortened her life span even more. She never belonged to this world to begin with; its air was like a poison which slowly killed her. Wang So, on the other hand, WAS BORN TO RULE THIS WORLD - almost since birth HE’S BEEN TRAINED TO ENDURE, SURVIVE AND DEFEAT HIS ENEMIES. His body and mind is too much resilient to give up.  A POISON IS LITERALLY COURSING IN HIS VEINS, he himself is the deadliest weapon - HE IS SCARRED INSIDE AND OUT BUT THOSE SCARS ARE ONLY A TESTIMONY OF HOW MUCH HE’s SURVIVED, A PROOF THAT WHAT DIDN’T MANAGE TO KILL HIM ONLY MADE HIM STRONGER - AN INVINCIBLE KING THAT COULDN’T BE CONTROLLED BY ANYONE.

Been waiting for your post all day! Thank you so much for always posting these. :)

This scene still kills me. LJG is just phenomenal.

Spoiler

7nmNev9.png

• Like 17

I am not fan of AllKpop but I found my self agreeing with this article. While I am madly in love with SoSoo (drama and real life), I have hard time to understand how they choose to wrap up this drama.

[Drama Review] 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' - Episode 20 (FINALE)

By eric_r_wirsing    47 minutes ago    7,629    882    2
IU,lee-jun-ki

SHARES
  1. Facebook
  2. Twitter
  3. Google+
SCARLET HEART: RYEO -- EPISODE 20 (FINALE)

rTNw0vs.jpg
Autumn colds are the worst!

Hae Soo finally returns to the present, but it seems like this is not the end...

Here we are at the end at last, but was this the resolution we were hoping for? Instead of wrapping up all the dangling plot threads, they tell an entire story from beginning to end, consisting of months, maybe even a year or two, where Hae Sooshacks up with Jung (as a friend), has a baby, and dies shortly afterward. Of course, this vignette presents us with a few problems...

The pregnancy materialized seemingly out of thin air. Real thin. Presumably the baby is So's, but this is the first we hear about it. Not only does this pregnancy not affect the ultimate destiny of Goryeo, it's completely extraneous to the plot. I'm not sure where they were going with this. The girl didn't even get a name FFS! And now Jung is responsible for raising this plot hole -- a lifetime of pain, likely, for now every time he sees her, he'll be reminded of Hae Soo.

94PSkHv.jpg
"Good news: the voices in my head aren't telling me to kill you anymore."

Another thing that was odd in my eyes was that Soo sent a constant stream of letters to So. They went unread. Jung re-did the calligraphy on each envelope, and his reasoning was weird: it can't look like the king's handwriting. King So, assuming the letters are just Jung bitching at him, collects them in a pile. Now in the original source material, the calligraphy is important. Soo practiced copying So's poems so much that it became second nature to write like him. They fouled up a romantic thing by not even mentioning it.

The importance of Hae Soo's return to the present left us with more questions than answers. First off, what was the point? I mean, did she learn something that would transform her character? Did she get some feelz that would last a lifetime? I think it was to help So become a good and wise king, but this is only implied. And Astronomer Choi's modern incarnation apparently won the lottery -- his nice shirt and grime-free appearance are a far cry from the trappings of homelessness he sported in the first episode.

cYkUTbK.jpg
From rags to riches. WTF?

I do have to give credit where credit is due. The eye-popping effects at the end are superb. True, some are exactly the same as in the first episode, but I like some of the transitions and the flood of memories as she looks at the paintings from that era. When these guys are on their game, they are really on their game, and good at what they do.

Overall, though, the finale was full of awkward moments and other things ill-explained, and there were other pieces of weirdness I can only touch on, like the incestuous implications of Baek Ah meeting his prepubescent niece (who he ends up with in the future, BTW), and the completely random piggyback ride given to Soo by So at the very end. It looks they left it open for a sequel, following in the tradition of its Chinese predecessor. How else are we to interpret So's words at the end: "If we are not from the same world...I will find you...my...Soo." This installment pretty much mirrored what was wrong with the series -- it lacked focus. Maybe if there's a second season they'll get it right, but how many people are going to line up to find out?
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, msgolightly9608 said:

Been waiting for your post all day! Thank you so much for always posting these. :)

This scene still kills me. LJG is just phenomenal.

Reveal hidden contents

7nmNev9.png

Thank you, it means a lot to me! I will post more tomorrow evening and in the upcoming days, Wed-Thur are the most hectic days for me regarding school, deadlines and homeworks.  By the way, I've added to the post the final line which I somehow failed to copy/paste previously:

Because how can you defeat or control a man whose heart and soul died together with the woman he loved?

• Like 19

2 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

It seems that the scene where WS met Hae Soo in the future was cut from the drama. LJG insinuates that to his fans on the fan meeting and people said Jisoo also confirmed that the scene was deleted. Now after posting that video in his instagram where WS said he will find his Soo, LJG says "soon". So, we are expecting to see the deleted scene soon. Hopefully. We don't know if will be like the chinesse drama where they only see each other. 

Thanks Chingue... oh dear me that means I got keep lurking for his update... I will wait. But I'll be so jealous if its more related to his Asia tour. I cant get to them *sigh* Please keep us posted here on any news..... maybe in the thread header title @kaiskloset to alert us...THANK YOU IN ADVANCE ;)

• Like 7

I woke up this morning with the death OST playing in my head, totally creeped me out there.

Rewatched 20 last night, my favourite line is contains in Soo letter to So:

"Do you still think you don't have my whole heart?"

That must be So biggest fear after all.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, kdramawriter said:

UM YES. This was such a romantic scene and both IU and LGK killed this scene. For once, the show was perfect at this moment. The music was haunting when Hae Su was rubbing her eyes, recognizing whether it was WS or just a dream that's returned to her. And his voice heard before he's seen? UM PERFECT. IU also makes this amazing acting choice where she holds her breath until he wraps his arms around her so you can see her entire body relax right after he touches her. It was awesome and I think the scene that really made me fall hard for them. 

Also I literally wrote Escape from the Palace just so I could write this scene: 

Reveal hidden contents

This afternoon, she thought she had lucked into the only job that the other water maids didn’t want because it required a lot of back strength. Hanging laundry often took a long time, but at least it was on dry land and didn’t pain her legs. She had thrown one sheet after the other onto the bamboo poles set up for drying. She was still good deal shorter and struggled. The days at the goyabang were the same. Wash, rinse, repeat. She thought how those instructions were so bland in the modern age, but now meant hours and hours of back breaking work. She survived. She knew that was more important. She could go back to her room and try to rest her legs before the river washing in the morning. The food at the gyobang was terrible and she wasn’t looking forward to dinner. She was on her last sheet. She sighed with relief.

Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted dark armor, but it was gone quickly. Hae Su’s heart skipped a second. It couldn’t be. She must miss her friend so terribly that she was hallucinating him. She rubbed her eyes. The air begin to feel strange and a familiar scent mixed with the smell of clean clothing.

“You never did listen.”

His clear low voice began, gently mocking her. Hae Su was awash in memories. It wasn’t a dream. He had come back. He was here.

“I told you to stay put at the Damiwon.”

Her mouth had no words and the hair on the back of her neck stood up, goose pimples rose on the back of her arms and she felt the charge of his body. She was still immobile. Hae Su felt like her feet were stones buried in the grass. She looked at her hands, which were trembling, trying to hold on to the clothespins in her palm. She wanted to believe that he was finally back. She didn’t count the days that he was gone, it was too depressing.

“Doing physical labor suited you better than being a court lady anyway.” She wanted to laugh. He always knew her better than anyone else. She didn’t dare to turn around. What if she had really gone crazy? She knew missing Wang So was stupid. She was the one who drove him away from his palace. Still, night after night, she returned to her memories with him. There was no harm if it was just her and the Prince So she had in her head. Just as suddenly as he started speaking, the voice stopped. There was a silence. She held her breath. So, it was a dream. She was going crazy.

Hae Su hung her head, her eyes filling up with tears. She took a deep breath, bracing herself to stop this stupid fantasy, but the voice spoke again. This time, his solid arms wrapped around her from behind she could feel his face resting against her cheek.

“I’ve missed you.”

The pain in her chest was too much and Hae Su finally let go of the breath that was choking her. He was back. Wang So was back. Hae Su felt like her body was going to give out, her legs were already bucking and trembling. He felt so strong against her back, like he was holding her up. She wanted more than anything to lean against him, to tell him that she missed him this entire year. Suddenly, she had the memory of him, his mouth full of blood and collapsing in the breezeway outside of the tea ceremony. She felt the cold return to her gut. No. She could not be this close to him. He should not be here. There could be a gossiping misuri nearby.  The last time he was this close to her, he nearly died. She could not be responsible for ending another life because she was too careless. And Wang So, maybe he was a future king, but more importantly, he was the dearest friend she had left. It would kill her to see anything happen to him. Stiffening her spine, Hae Su put her shoulders back.

“You should not be here. Pretend you didn’t see me.” She bent down to pick up her laundry basket and bid a hasty exit, maybe he would take the hint.

Of course, he didn’t. Wang So rarely ever did what she wanted. He took her by the shoulders and examined her closely, checking her over carefully. He looked at her like a man would look at a woman, with desire. Hae Su felt her cheeks flush.

Their relationship was a complicated one. She cared for him, deeply. She worried about his health, his happiness, his tendencies to lash out in anger. She knew a little of his history with his mother. Above all things, Hae Su knew that she wanted to protect Wang So at all costs. But her heart was too caught up in Wook. She felt dishonest reciprocating anything that wasn’t entirely for Wang So.

He said over and over again that he considered her ‘his person,’ but sometimes she wondered if he didn’t mean that he was hers.

He had done everything to protect her that was humanly possible. She wouldn’t be alive right now if it weren’t for Wang So. Still, she couldn’t return his heart, because it wouldn’t be fair. She would only be entangling him in her weaknesses as a pawn of the court. No, Wang So needed to be married to be someone from a powerful family who would help him consolidate the powers and keep him safe. Hae Su’s brain worked out what she could say to him to give them space, but she couldn’t help scanning him thoroughly. He still looked healthy, like the hard days of campaigning had only made him tougher. She was just glad he was still whole. Of what she heard about soldiers in the Goryeo army, they tended to come back in pieces. He took her hands and stroked her fingers, which were cracked and broken from the laundry work. Hae Su felt a tinge of regret, she didn’t want Wang So to pity her. Instead, he smiled.

“As always, you are beautiful.”

Hae Su looked at his eyes, which were still as warm as ever, but one eye was still covered by his mask. She grew nervous. She stopped short from touching his face again and instead asked,

“Why did you cover it? Did you forget how to prepare the make up? Did your scar get worse? You hated it so much, why would you wear...”

She was cut off in mid-sentence when he took off his mask and smiled wryly at her. His scar was as skillfully covered as when she first show him how. Hae Su was taken aback, she almost forgot how Wang So looked. She stepped back, always little unnerved by the scrutiny of his gaze. She pressed her lips together and swallowed hard.

“I didn’t take off my mask so I wouldn’t forget you. I was determined to come back to you.”

Ooooh I love that scene. They way her body can sense his presence before she can even see him. 

:wub: Love. These two love birds, why can't they be happy? 

• Like 10