[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

27 minutes ago, tinniet said:

I assumed So thought that it was Jung's baby with Soo, that's why you can see how So's lips corner jerked upward a bit upon hearing about that baby. He had to think that Soo had betrayed him. Then when he eavesdropped their night's convo, he only heard the part where Jung asked Soo about his body (damn So, what were you doing all that time? a good walk around neighborhood?) and ofc that damn candle chose to go off exactly that moment LOL

I confess that amidst tears (every time i watch or remember episode 20) I laugh  at the point you mentioned, and at the scene of jealousy, when WS  furious shouts to JM "formal wedding said BH!" and then he quotes the reports of his spies "the subject watched her husband training in martial arts and they were getting along etc etc"

• Like 8

@ruizaio Ah.. I should have asked you to translate the entire song in the first place... not just that last line that not previously subbed. Please do share your translation when you can do it - I'll gladly go back and fix the subs for Eps 7 and 20.

@fengari Awesome catch about the pictures being drawn by Baek Ah, through his visits to the brothers that remain, immortalising their memories of Soo, as it were. Love the idea that it was So who commissioned for it to be done... to leave as a trail for the woman he loves and has to believe still exists in another time, calling out to her across time to remember him, remember them... even as she emphatically told Jung all she wants is to forget them all. In some ways, it reminds me of the 1980 movie "Somewhere in Time" with Jane Seymour and Christopher Reeve, where she, as an old woman, goes to look for him in present day, passes him a pocket watch and pleads, "Come back to me"... which he ultimately does, traveling back to the past to find her.

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, iloveknovela said:

Then he should have expected Jung have one.  But he was surprised to know he had a daughter older than he expect.  His reaction says otherwise.

It was before he read Soo's letters, remember? When he stalked Soo in Jung's place, he hadn't received and read any letters yet, hence he thought Soo betrayed him by having baby with Jung. After reading those letters, he knew that Soo only loved him and there was no way Soo would have baby with other man. Later on after Soo's death, he told Jung to remarry. That's why he was surprised to see Jung's daughter that big, because he could calculate the time span between when he told Jung to remarry till that moment. There was no way Jung could have a daughter that age from the re-marriage. Therefore he knew right away she wasn't Jung's daughter and Soo's hairpin on her hair confirmed his suspicion that the little girl was Soo's daughter with him.

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, runitaaa said:

Now when I am calmer, I can finally write my 2cent about the ending.

Sorry for you who desperately want So-Soo happy ending, but I love this ending more than I can imagine!! It is sad but not grieving, relieved but not necessarily happy...

1. I love how Go Ha Jin didn't remember anything about the Goryeo era nor Wang So but despite all that, she still dream of him every night and even cried in her sleep!! Their love is so powerful even when Ha Jin didn't remember anything their memories still stuck strongly in her mind.
  2. Despite Gwangjong said that he didn't want to see Soo again after Wook incident but he still care so much for her, he send spies to check her out with Jung and when news starting to heat up he even go there himself to check the situation and become jealous! I mean, he can always send more spies but no he want to see it with his own eyes.
  3. Before she died, Soo heard about the song famously known as 'the song that a court lady sing that makes the king fall in love with her' which indicates even though she didn't meet him for the last time, she know that So is still loves her
  4. I always believe So have no doubt that the little girl was his and Hae Soo's. Looking at the approximate age and the hair pin which signifies love between the two of them. More over, based on the letter from Su to So, he knows how much Su loves him and not possible for her to consummate the marriage and have any children with Jung, how lovely it is to have this precious daughter from the love of your life which reminds So of Soo everythime he sees her.
  5. Yeon Hwa stated that Soo is the reason why Gwangjong make a decree about releasing slaves which is what he known for in history. Back in ep 18 Soo feel all hope is gone, she cannot change the ruthless Gwangjong and no reason for her to stay in the palace. But here, 1000 years later she finally realised that she's the only one that can (and successfully) change bloody and ruthless Gwangjong and now known as good and wise king

I don't know for you guys, but with those conditions alone this drama already have a happy ending in my book. Thinking back, So and Soo separated by 1000 years between them, they never meant to be together from the first place... 

Truest words ever spoken. Doomed relationship from the start. But I still want my happy ending, just can't help it. :P

• Like 17

8 minutes ago, liddi said:

In some ways, it reminds me of the 1980 movie "Somewhere in Time" with Jane Seymour and Christopher Reeve, where she, as an old woman, goes to look for him in present day, passes him a pocket watch and pleads, "Come back to me"... which he ultimately does, traveling back to the past to find her.

Indeed! and in this movie, there is also the the inevitable relationbreaker in the form of  the JS' s manager. :)

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, ChewyChocolate said:

They should make a movie: Scarlet Ark - GJ time travels to Seoul in an ark, and brings with him a pack of wolves, a pack of hunting dogs and a herd of horses. So he'll feel at home in modern day Seoul.

Hahahah!!! Good one.  You post makes me ROFL. I was upset the whole day & moody. I need some dose or humour to lift up my mood

• Like 12

This is not good, I can't concentrate on my work :') when will they release the extra scene.......? *sob

I keep guessing what could the scenario be when they meet in the future. My imagination is that there will be BA, WJ, and WS there in the gallery, HJ is still there crying.... The 3 guys are still brother in the future. BA and WJ be like 'Look! this Gwang jong king really looks like you bro' to WS while laughing and joking together. And they realized there is this same girl in every picture even though the faces are all blurry but the posture are the same. They are like 'This girl appeared in so many paintings. Even more than Gwangjong himself'

and someone from the three notice HJ crying while looking at one of the painting of GJ alone looking at the palace. 'Why is that girl crying?" and.....modern WS would think the girl looked familiar...... okay this is just one from million scene that could happen in the extra  :tears:But I hope it's more like new funny and happy meeting rather than HJ cried and speechless when she sees the modern WS.

well I don't know what's wrong with me :P 

• Like 13

14 hours ago, sooji28 said:

I remember wrote a post below:

My post is about the official tourism website gave us the biggest spoiler. It showed the Daegu Root Plaza that will be seen in MLSHR. 

Well, turns out, this landmark is shown in eps 20  FOR REAL. Just check on the drama. It probably shown at last minutes of the drama in modern time. 

But, the landmark just pop on the screen like a blink of an eye. Perhaps only 1-2 seconds. Such a waste!!!

I'm still wondering, is this the place where Hae Soo and Wang So should've met? Because, they can't just shoot and record the landmark and waste it all. 

So many questions unanswered.

This is the consequence of an open ending drama. :dissapointed:

Now that you mention it, I really want that modern scene where they meet haha. Looks very much like a lotus, which is a symbol of their love that is able to withstand the test of time. Oh well, just going to imagine the cinematography in my head. ballerina-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, sooji28 said:

I remember wrote a post below:

My post was about the official tourism website gave us the biggest spoiler. It showed the Daegu Root Plaza that will be seen in MLSHR. 

mlshr%20shooting%20location.jpg

Well, turns out, this landmark is shown in eps 20  FOR REAL. Just check on the drama. It probably shown at last minutes of the drama in modern time. 

But, the landmark just pop on the screen like a blink of an eye. Perhaps only 1-2 seconds. Such a waste!!!

I'm still wondering, is this the place where Hae Soo and Wang So should've met? Because, they can't just shoot and record the landmark and waste it all. 

So many questions unanswered.

This is the consequence of an open ending drama. :dissapointed:

Yup, I think this is the place they suppose to meet. Something happen in the last minute (maybe bad rating cause season 2 cancelation) and they cut that part out.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, zi4r said:

I now view this as a masterstroke in highlighting the futility of one's actions. (Attention to @30orsomething here. What are your thoughts on this now?) No matter how much you try, you won't ascend to power unless the universe wills it. And no matter how little you try, when your time has come, BOOM!!! You are KING!

So that's why I need to re-watch the whole show. Drawing from the theme of futility, I'd probably be able to see the plot-devices being put to better uses. I might be giving this writer too much credit, but well, look at it this way. It's really difficult for a show/script to suck this much... You have to really try to make a script this disappointing. So there must be a point to it all, right? (Am I being crazy 

Anyway, we're dealing with either the dumbest/most incompetent writer of all times, or the most brilliant & cruel one. I haven't made up my mind yet.

P.S. @akinahana89 Thanks for update. I look forward to our mass attack tonight. Cheers!

Yes, yes, and a thousand YES! this drama is the embodiment of the two sides from the same coin:

"Futility",  or "emptiness" as in Buddhist's saying ... the best way to be happy is to indulge yourself in nothingness.

"Ultimately we suffer because we grasp after things thinking they are fixed, substantial, real and capable of being possessed by ego. It is only when we can see through this illusion that we can relax into clarity, compassion and courage." - Ari Goldfield

Do not wish for anything;  stop suffering, stop trying to change the course of things and let it flow... and rather than happiness, you will be at peace until the day you go to nirvana.

"Pointless". as you and many people in this forum said, the whole time-travel fiasco now seems like a long journey that only serve to bring you heartbreak and regret. Feels like the writer give the harshest treatment to Hae Soo compared to other characters; cheated by bf, unwillingly transported to Goryo, surviving every single day, witnessing the death of the loved ones (and those who died for her) one by one, trying hard to ensure everyone's happiness, suffer a longtime complication of her past torture, leaving her man to protect their baby from the cruel fate in the palace, died without her love by her side. even in the future: woke up crying every single night for the past 6 years and left heartbroken when remembering it all. What's the bloody point, writer?!

"Hard work never betrayed you. Expectation did." -Hachiman

We have been told that if we work hard enough, it will certainly pay in the end. But that's not how the world works. you can struggle to the bone and still cannot grasp the thing that you want the most. hard work gives you bigger chance to get your desire but not a lifetime guarantee that you will definitely obtain it in the end.

Oh my god. now that I think about it, the fact that they dare to present this idea im the drama is (GAHHH) crazily brilliant

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, tinniet said:

It was before he read Soo's letters, remember? When he stalked Soo in Jung's place, he hadn't received and read any letters yet, hence he thought Soo betrayed him by having baby with Jung. After reading those letters, he knew that Soo only loved him and there was no way Soo would have baby with other man. Later on after Soo's death, he told Jung to remarry. That's why he was surprised to see Jung's daughter that big, because he could calculate the time span between when he told Jung to remarry till that moment. There was no way Jung could have a daughter that age from the re-marriage. Therefore he knew right away she wasn't Jung's daughter and Soo's hairpin on her hair confirmed his suspicion that the little girl was Soo's daughter with him.

It only means that he did not hear about HS having a baby otherwise he won't be surprised later that Jung had a child that age.  WS is a quick thinker, we can tell, that is why he suspect something the moment Jung claimed it was his child.  Seeing the hairpin only confirms his suspicion. 

If he was aware they have a child, whether it is true or not, no reason for him ask later when he saw the child, if it is Jung's daughter?  His question to Jung clearly indicates that he has no idea about HS having a baby.  He even ask the age. 

Why wonder if he had a slightest idea about HS being pregnant?  If he does, he certainly would have confronted HS about it knowing that her marriage with Jung is just formality.  Definitely, he would think it is his child.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

Yup, I think this is the place they suppose to meet. Something happen in the last minute (maybe bad rating cause season 2 cancelation) and they cut that part out.

But both SBS and int version have the same ending. They will not know about the low rating when they ask for Chinese approval. I think they already shoot the scene and somehow have second guess that's why they cut the meeting in modern era scene

• Like 5