[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

We deserve at least an epilogue. WS finding Hs as he promised !Cutting the scene was such a bad idea!I'm still heartbroken but i understood Hs ...she was a mother first!She knew she was sick!Imagine that little girl trapped at palace with the snake queen as her mother?

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, fathiayunia said:

IS HE 20???? JUST HOW OLD IS HE??!!! AND NO!! I WON'T BELIEVE HE IS 34!!!! Hahahahaha

I'm having a mental shock seeing him looks kinda harsh and a lil bit older being Gwangjong and see this picture and his V-app. Ck. The vampire and wolfie blood is real. He never gets older. And looks totally adorkable here you just wanna put him in your pocket. LOL

And I think the man himself realize it.

Oh, yeah baby I'm FABULOUS..... and DELICIOUS. YEP.

I can't help it. I'm born this way.

Sorry to cut your post. 

Usually attention seeker like him would make the best actor/actress.

He found his passion. Lucky. 

He is older than me but look way younger. That is not fair, Joon Gi. 

I really believe he is a vampire. Don't you remember he is the Bat Man of Goryeo. Bat & Dracula together. 

Okay, now I am weird. 

NUMB NUMB NUMB NUMB

• Like 17

i'm reading hancinema articles

"Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" ends sadly, IU returns to reality and ends time slip

Spoiler

photo779497.jpg

Lee Joon-ki and IU could never be and IU returned to the real world.

On the final episode of "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo", Hae-soo (IU) finally decided to marry Wang Jeong (Ji Soo).

Wang Jeong helped her get out of the palace to marry her. Later, it turned out that Hae-soo was pregnant with Gwang Jong's (Lee Joon-ki) child. Hae-soo didn't give up the child knowing that something might go wrong with her health.

Hae-soo knew she was going to die and she kept sending letters to Gwang Jong. However, he didn't open the letters thinking that she'd already married Wang Jeong. In the end, he only found out what truly happened after she died and he cried over her death.

photo779498.jpg

Gwang Jong couldn't forget her. One day he ran into a girl walking around the palace. She was Hae-soo's child and his. Hae-soo had asked for her daughter not to be sent to the palace before she died. Wang Jeong delivered this favor. Gwang Jong permitted Wang Jeong to return home for he had taken care of Hae-soo and her child until she died.

Ji Mong (Kim Seong-gyoon) left the palace too as he couldn't get over Hae-soo. When he left, storm clouds gathered around the place and he returned to reality. Ha-jin (IU) also woke up and she cried.

Ha-jin had been dreaming for a year. Ha-jin was a cosmetics sales clerk in reality but she kept seeing scenes from her dream. She visited the museum of history and when she saw the portrait of Gwang Jong, she realized her dream was not a dream

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c...

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-scarlet-heart-ryeo-ends-sadly-iu-returns-to-reality-and-ends-time-slip-100100.html

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" Episode 20 Final

Spoiler

photo779496.jpg

At long last, Soo has left the palace. From there she...hangs out at a new house for awhile, enjoys some flashbacks, and then dies while King Gwangjong sulks like a grumpy teenager. Hilariously bad communication brings everything to an unnecessarily tragic end. Last-minute revelations end up affecting pretty much nothing, since the extended epilogue is just more flashbacks set to sad music. In short, this is about everything we could have reasonably expected from the finale of "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo".

If I have to pick any one big disappointment in this drama, it would be Prince So. In early episodes he was brutal, yet competent and determined. A clear compelling argument could be made that Prince So was the prince who should be king. Yet as time went on, and especially when Prince So finally became King Gwangjong, he never actually did anything. As King Gwangjong, Prince So actually managed to obsess more about Soo than he used to, even though the man had vastly more critical covereign reponsibilities.

Prince Wook also stands out as a character who really got the shaft. We got an impressive turnaround at the midway point where Prince Wook took on some darker qualities in the name of ambition, yet by the end Prince Wook is so completely out of the loop on the latest royal conspiracies that he legitimately looks baffled upon being informed that in the long run his victory is assured. After all, there is no sunshine in the world anymore now that Soo is gone, so why bother trying?

Soo is...well, while I didn't really dislike her in the end as much as I was expecting, I'm continuously struck by how she has never had any sort of real overarching goal. One episode she backs off from Prince So completely, the next she's head over heels, and I swear it feels like this happens every single episode. Their relationship has no stability or growth, so there's no particular impetus for it to continue save for inertia and nostalgia.

Which is a pretty accurate summation, I think, of "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" as a whole. The only way I can make sense of the plot is to remind myself that the original Chinese version was forty episodes long and presumably had enough time to flesh out the various storylines. Although even that's no excuse for the drama to rely so excessively on flashback. This is what unearned catharsis looks like, and it's why "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" is such a disappointment.

Review by William Schwartz

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-20-final-100099.html

i feel so sad ...i will need some more time to get over HS and WS story

• Like 14

3 hours ago, rainy_xiaou said:

Seriously, the final episode really made me in tears. It feels like I understand how Hae Soo and Wang So feelings for each other. I think it was a beautiful ending, because their love was immortal. But, I couldn't understand, why Ji Mong left out from the palace? And after he walked out, the eclipse was happened. Was it a coicindence?

eKQxcDL.jpg

fzUrnMh.png?1

• Like 14

I've read posts in random of Soompiers accepting the ending. Too bad I cannot say the same, YET:(
I can see the beauty of the last scenes, the part where So wiped out his makeup, his declaration to find Soo, the reminiscence of So and Soo which leads to lovely piggyback scene. Those parts, yes it's beautiful and heartbreaking. 
But.. why do I still have the feeling that I'm being deluded here. I've repeated the scene where Soo is crying in front of the painting, my heart goes out for her. She has suffered so much and fate has not been kind. :tears:

I've watched tragic endings from The Legend of Sampek Engtay (yes ol school ;)), The English Patient (again ol school) to Me Before You. But nothing prepares me for this one. Hiks. 

@itzibitzispider @antiherofans Dementor? Yes.. I'm probably one of their victims. 
UGH... How can I get rid of this queasy feeling, I've been feeling that the whole day. I guess I'm still having the withdrawal symptoms. :bawling:

• Like 11

One question is still bothering me: when did Soo exactly realize that she was pregnant? And since when her action was driven by this knowledge ? Is it before or after CR's death? The writer did a good job in misleading us about Soo that most of us despised her action towards So. But now that we know the reason was her baby, the question is when? Can we take that Soo actually accepted So's reason for killing CR right away and her plea for Jung and the rest of her action were solely for saving her baby? 

• Like 11

17 hours ago, lazyme2day said:

...Wow! That was just...(shakes head)

I need something to smash onto the ground to take my frustration out. WTH???? To be honest, I am not satisfied with this ending! [I need to breathe...] WTH??? As much as the production team tried to give us both Wang So and HaeSoo scene together, that just won't do! Screw Jimong!! He took Wang So's screen time with HaeSoo in the present day!!! AISH!!! #@$^&&*^*^:angry::angry:

Agreed... why JiMong? He didnt even play a big role in contributing anything for Goryeo? He even left KGJ!..

• Like 11

While i still disliked the series and especially the ending the chemistry between the main characters I didnt mind, the last episode was a reward in a way away from the violence to highlight there love (too little to late for me in amongst all the back n forth going on).

My only reward from it is the powerful episode when he barges through the doors to see her after getting the letters too late.  I was grateful he had nothing to do with her death, and bittersweet but just me was that her husband actually screwed up with the letters and had he of not done that they would of at least got to say farewell together.

She may of ended up with the nicest and calmest prince in the end and sure the king gave her her freedom at the end stopped watching the house even to let her live her life.  Although no one should be to blame part of me is grateful that the king was not to blame that her husband was in a way.  That part broke my heart watching him ripped apart as he walked out with the urn.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

Waking up ... I can rely on @antiherofans Dementor feeling ... strange ...empty ... just a drama ... still ... *sniff*

I woke up thinking "Why didn't Jung write "from HaeSoo" on the letter ... but would GJ not have thought "he uses her name to get complains in"?
Why did BA never visit? He was her friend and drinking buddy ... he could have reported, even thought GJ didn't want any reports

Way to many questions

Trust me the only reason the letter fiasco happened is because that's what happened in the C-BBJX, no deep meaning or logic in that, they follow it to make sure So never read Soo letter before she passed away.

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, tinniet said:

One question is still bothering me: when did Soo exactly realize that she was pregnant? And since when her action was driven by this knowledge ? Is it before or after CR's death? The writer did a good job in misleading us about Soo that most of us despised her action towards So. But now that we know the reason was her baby, the question is when? Can we take that Soo actually accepted So's reason for killing CR right away and her plea for Jung and the rest of her action were solely for saving her baby? 

I feel like the pregnancy plot was a last minute decision by the writer cause no matter how many times I rewatch episode 19 her actions don't look influenced by the fact she's pregnant, to me she still left cause she felt suffocated. DAMN THE WRITER AND MAKING US SPECULATE, GIVE US A CLEAR ANSWER FOR ONCE DONT MAKE US GUESS.

• Like 8

I'M FINALLY READING

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo: Episode 20 (Final)

by HeadsNo2 | November 1, 2016 |

moonlovers20-00229.jpg

We must not have wished hard enough for an ending that would magically solve the issues endemic to this production, since I can think of no other reason why this happened. It could’ve been worse (they all can be worse), but it’s certainly not what we would’ve hoped to see at the end of this sometimes rewarding, sometimes grueling journey through a modern girl’s integration into a time far from her own. Which leaves us to wonder, was it all about love? Altering history? Fate working in very mysterious ways? Who knows. …No, really, does anyone know?

FINAL EPISODE RECAP

moonlovers20-00012.jpg

READ MORE IF YOU HAVE NOT YET

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/11/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-20-final/

THERE ARE SOME INTERESTING POSTS THERE

469 Comments ...WOW!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, wenlhy said:

Is it shown in sbs version?

About the temples or his daughter? If about the temples, I read it in the history of Gwangjeong. That he killed so many people in the first years to stabilize the kingdom and then devoted himself to religion by building temples/shrines and praying in the later half. There is no explanation of his action though, that's why they said, he seems to redeem himself for his past actions. 

• Like 8

So I watched the last ep...I'm 50/50 not completely sad nor completely happy

I don't understand why they left it with this open ending (if this is really the end of the series) and all this emphasis of dialogue from multiple characters saying, 'If this was another time/word...etc' 

Especially with Wang So's line:

If we are not from the same world...

I will find you,

My...Soo.

Please find her WS :(

They need to finish it off with a special ep or just something....

I really like WS and HS...they're exceptionally loyal to each other 

• Like 20

For those confused, Soo was told about her baby when the doctor first checked her in the palace I think which is why when Wang Jung called for a doctor to check on her, she was nervous and she didn't want to get a check up, eventually he was shocked too that she's pregnant, the doctor couldn't feel the baby's pulse before because the pregnancy just happened but now it mustve been 2 months since then so he can already tell the baby is there. -- at one point i wondered if she had been honest to wang so that she wants  to leave because of their baby and doesn't want to raise the kid in the palace and endanger it, maybe he would've understood and agreed. But then I realized, the old wang so would've understood, but gwangjong would've been like possessive about the child also and probably would never let her and the kid leave which is why she did what she did and overplayed CR's death and all. 

• Like 18