[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

15 minutes ago, Kelly86 said:

Is it just me? So is so SEXY especially when he's mean to Soo hehe. I don't feel bad for her at all I'm glad the table flipped about time she does the chasing and waiting. We all already knows he loves her dearly. So good to see her loving him equally back. 

It's the same for me too. As much as I love the scenes where the two of them are lovey dovey with each other, I like the scenes as well where WS is kind of mean to HS. I'm not being a sadist or something but there's just something about these scenes that look so appealing. I guess it's because it's LJK we're talking about here. We all know what he's capable of. He just portrays the character soooo well he totally owns it. 

• Like 23

@penelop3 i like your ranking  of evilness...your comments had my laughing  too, specially what you wrote for YH ...the only change I would make would be to put W Wook ahead of W Won, because in my mind whomever has the twisted brain to elaborate such plan is far guiltier than the person carrying out the deed , with all things consider of course....i need to take into account  the situations at play....and consider everything....so that is not to say that whomever thought of the plan is always the guiltier party... but in the way all things play out.... in the drama ..and keep playing out...WW is guiltier than Won. he designed the plan and won was  the designated  messenger ...he hired a poor third party, who's only bad trait is to have a bad decision making character...whom i pressume, out of love ,has chosen the wrong actions for the wrong reasons...something that HS never did for WW and i admire her  for that...she did not compromise her character for him...in my mind the list goes as follow....

evil queen yoo,WW,YH( i know she wants to free herself from the pressures of a political marriage, but she is too ambitious and she did sacrifice  his brother happiness, morale, and an innocent lives ...indirectly killing lady oh,EU,and SD and had the intension of getting rid of HS ..she was just not as successful ..and who knows what she will do in the future ....on second though she does sound far more terrible than her brother , but i will place her behind him ,just because he is more ruthless in his nature when orchestrating the...get rid of you plan ) then is WY ( for me intentions do count, whether you are successful or not... that is another thing...he was never compassionate...he has a predisposition of trying to kill people without getting his hands dirty...getting rid of the monks...kill taejo plan...not doing anything for Mo and finally killing EU...the last one just breaks him ) and Wang won( he is just a party pleaser...navigating the currents of whomever seems to have the upper hand...i don't doubt he works with a personal agenda at play but for the most part he is just the turkey to my sandwich, in between product  .... he is scumbag.. am i even allow to type that...sorry if i offended anyone ..then CH ...she is just a person with poor character and did something very wrong out of fondness for someone whom doesn't even consider her a person....girl bad decision...i had fun writing this ...lets keep commenting  chingus

• Like 14

Hahaha.. Thank you @may6 for liking it. 
The list of evilness is of course up to anyone's interpretation. Take it as a therapy to release all the anxiety, nervousness, bipolar symptoms - a side effect suffer by a lot of us after watching MLSHR. We're not playing God, but this is also good for you to check your morality meter. :lol:
It's cleansing. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

Hahaha.. Thank you @may6 for liking it. 
The list of evilness is of course up to anyone's interpretation. Take it as a therapy to release all the anxiety, nervousness, bipolar symptoms - a side effect suffer by a lot of us after watching MLSHR. We're not playing God, but this is also good for you to check your morality meter. :lol:
It's cleansing. :sweatingbullets:

yes very therapeutic...i don't think i need to make an appointment with a doctor any time soon ...or at least not until the withdrawal symptoms hick  in...all in good nature..jaja

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, car148 said:

It's the same for me too. As much as I love the scenes where the two of them are lovey dovey with each other, I like the scenes as well where WS is kind of mean to HS. I'm not being a sadist or something but there's just something about these scenes that look so appealing. I guess it's because it's LJK we're talking about here. We all know what he's capable of. He just portrays the character soooo well he totally owns it. 

same sentiment...i miss the good old time he's been meanie to her and she being like 'defying this grumpystiltskin guy without fear'...the days when she wears big sunny smiles...dowh...it's such a melancholic feeling to reminisce our old HS n WS :cry:

• Like 13

20 minutes ago, runitaaa said:

I don't know if someone already discuss it here. I just found a video of ML cast in cosmopolitan interview. One of the question was : 'the one that have mismatched personality with the character'. Jong hyun pick him self up and Ha Neul commented he think that Jong Hyun not that mean in real life. Interesting bit is, Jong Hyun responded with at least I'm not that bad to end up in prison and Haneul laugh so hard in response. Maybe that's indicating the end of Wook? Being lock in prison? Since that's also the fate of 8th prince in c-ver. I might be wrong or too much analysing things, this journey of watching Moon Lovers just don't give a rest to my heart and brain...

and then... will we have HS being the merciful killer here by providing him poison  ( or having BA give it to him) so that he can free himself from a life of imprisonment ....or maybe YH will be the one to provide the poison for him...he always says that she owes him ...and that he will collect her debt to him...their clan is knowledgeable  on poisoning plants...so who knows

• Like 8

1 hour ago, may6 said:

I know it is unexpected to think of yo as a sensitive guy, but upon giving much thought, maybe we can all agree that before he was all fluff, all talk, he likes to command but not really carry out the order...when he was taking the palace once upon a time in ep 13, he led WW do all the fighting  and WH was  hired to kill the king...so i guess he tends to pacify his mind that way and beside the guy was never successful in anything he did until that point...and he really didn't kill Moo ....Moo was already addicted to mercury courtesy of WW and W Won, he was merely a by standard  viewer of the events ...his sin is that he didn't do anything...he led it happen ...but to his credit ...there was nothing he could have done for Moo...he was already far gone ...truely sick ....so yo conscious  ...since he likes to watch all the time was not so affected at the time...eu death...lies on his own hands...so that torments him...like he said he, what is he ?...a pig sacrificed  for his mother ambitions...he  did notice too late in the game that he has a conscious  ,that he was his mother ginea pig to experiment on ...all he had was her so he wanted to satisfy her ...a mother's love or absence of it can make or break a child...he was never successful so he did not take into account how all this will affect him...action done, guilty conscious  ....he want to atone for it...and he is going mad in the process...his mother just keeps pressuring him...and his only way of coping with his anger is to became a tyrant ...he has even lost faith in himself...not he was set up to do anything magnanimous  ...but he is becoming a more frighting monarch out of guilt and stress..21 century (situation management )   coping  disability ...HS will say 

I guess you and @bebebisous33 are right, he is a sensitive guy and he carried all the guilt of Eun's death throughout his reign, but I'm still doubting about "Moo's death is taking a toll on him" statement though. It's true, Moo was already addicted to mercury and dying, but Yo is the one who pushed him into the bath and drowned him, so I assumed Yo didn't have a problem killing or seeing people die around him, even the close one like Moo. That's why I find it kinda odd that suddenly he felt guilty of Eun.

That reminds me of the scene where he's praying excessively and the mother barged in, it might be for making himself feel better; he didn't want to be blamed for everything that happened in his reign.

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

*sorry to cut your wonderful post*

The reason why Wang Yo is mad at his mother is that as soon as he became the king, she tried to act like the "king". He had to put her in her place. Then she kept pressuring him to have Jung recognised as the Crown Prince. That's why he realised that his mother had used him the entire time. I mean, Wang Yo had two wives and I can not imagine that with two wives, he had no children at all. Based on wikipedia, he had one child with his second wife. Wang Yo who had been longing for his mother's love and recognition realised that she did everything for her favourite son: Wang Jung. 

Wang Jung is her favorite? Oooh...I never think of that before since Queen Yoo is always bragging about Yo looking like a true king, and she also felt that the throne is his destiny. I only thought Queen Yoo urging Wang Yo to make Jung as a Crown Prince is to keep the power in the clan since Yo still doesn't have children, it's pretty logical of her.

• Like 10

@shiraru yes chingu..i see where you are coming from..yo never really had a problem with killing people and seeing people die around him, but i guess that one thing.. is to kill a stranger...the other is to kill a brother ,and not assist another...and that might be the reason why both EU and Moo's death has taking a toll on him...and seeing his father...is his consciousness  acknowledging  that he did bad things to get to the throne...he even wanted to get rid of his father...whom  i pressume,in the after life  must be very disappointed in him...not only as father but as a king ....he was the highest authority he has known, therefore, the highest jury of his sin on his mind ...that is how i see it .

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, may6 said:

and then... will we have HS being the merciful killer here by providing him poison  ( or having BA give it to him) so that he can free himself from a life of imprisonment ....or maybe YH will be the one to provide the poison for him...he always says that she owes him ...and that he will collect her debt to him...their clan is knowledgeable  on poisoning plants...so who knows

well well, even though Ruoxi is the one who 'give' the poison to 8th prince, I really hope it's not the case here in k-ver. Some of us have a theory that Yeon Hwa will be poisoning Soo and she'll miscarriage So's unborn son/daughter (ala evil queen and court lady oh) and maybe just maybe she will do the same with his dearest brother, poison him to repay her debt

• Like 7

Forgive if someone has brought this up. I am trying to understand something.

Before Ep 16, HS rejected WS offers to leave the palace mainly because she did not want to interfere or change the course of history that she knew. In other words, she wanted WS to stay in the palace and fullfill his--so called--destiny to be King. NOw, in Ep 16 HS questioned WS on his decision to be king. Even after WS explain why he wanted to be king.

Ep 10 after the forced kiss, they were on the beach, WS offered him to run away. She refused. Maybe because Wang Wook this time.

Ep 12 WS offered her again to get out of the palace when he just back from his journey

Ep 12 too, WS proposed her. So they could get out of the palace.

In Ep 12 HS lived under her premonition on the future that she did not live at that moment. For me, HS and WS move to opposite direction. Nevertheless, The Earth is round, no matter how two things move to opposite direction, they will meet at one point.  It will take a long time and way for them to meet. It might take a thousand years. :mellow:

• Like 17

Spoiler
7 hours ago, emerald_2 said:

Regarding the BTS, found a rough translation on the reaction of LJK :lol:

(he was referring to IU)

cr. prokingsley1208

wow_zpsgp4efgrl.png

He seems bent on breaking down IU's defenses...this guy really

so is that why he is overly the top happy? what do you think :P

saw the bts in naver and i was really interested in his reaction, he was giddy really and even iu leaning on the wall smiling.. its must be hard on IU hahaha

i noticed he was giddy whenever there is kiss scene in bts... i dont know if hes like that on other actresses.. maybe he was kind of teasing IU a bit coz, lets face it, she's not responding and just let LJK do the trick.. and after the nth time she gave in hahaha thus her reaction???

• Like 18

10 minutes ago, runitaaa said:

well well, even though Ruoxi is the one who 'give' the poison to 8th prince, I really hope it's not the case here in k-ver. Some of us have a theory that Yeon Hwa will be poisoning Soo and she'll miscarriage So's unborn son/daughter (ala evil queen and court lady oh) and maybe just maybe she will do the same with his dearest brother, poison him to repay her debt

I'm having a feeling that Won might be on it too since at the end of the preview, WS screamed "kill them all" something like that. So maybe Won decided to take it upon himself to get rid of HS baby probably orders from YH or he feels that its a threat so he went ahead and did it himself. 

I'm still wondering when HS said deliver the letter that Eun was at Damiwon did JM purposely didn't give the letter to WS in order to let him realize in order to change things one has to be king and since WS is destined to be king JM was gonna do everything to make sure it happen. What do you guys think?

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, shiraru said:

I guess you and @bebebisous33 are right, he is a sensitive guy and he carried all the guilt of Eun's death throughout his reign, but I'm still doubting about "Moo's death is taking a toll on him" statement though. It's true, Moo was already addicted to mercury and dying, but Yo is the one who pushed him into the bath and drowned him, so I assumed Yo didn't have a problem killing or seeing people die around him, even the close one like Moo. That's why I find it kinda odd that suddenly he felt guilty of Eun.

That reminds me of the scene where he's praying excessively and the mother barged in, it might be for making himself feel better; he didn't want to be blamed for everything that happened in his reign.

Wang Jung is her favorite? Oooh...I never think of that before since Queen Yoo is always bragging about Yo looking like a true king, and she also felt that the throne is his destiny. I only thought Queen Yoo urging Wang Yo to make Jung as a Crown Prince is to keep the power in the clan since Yo still doesn't have children, it's pretty logical of her.

abt yo killing moo, i dont know the intention of the director, but when yo pushed moo in the water you can see he was holding back or kinda "im sorry but i have to kill u" kind of look. yes i think when it comes to his brothers he became guilty coz he grew with them..

• Like 9

2 hours ago, qwenli said:

There were some great filming angles that the director used which I want to highlight.

Here, when Soo was entering to serve the King, WS was already inside, what's so great about this?

Firstly, he was seen when the door of the room opened, showing his side view because he was facing the king. But what I really want to highlight was the height of the camera. It was fixed at HS's height. It made us feel like HS, because WS was about a head taller.  He was also in the center of the screen, to magnify the impact of his reappearance in HS's eyes. I thought it really made me feels like I am watching him through HS's eyes. And of course WS looks really handsome here.

Hide contents

And then the director, did the same thing again during the kiss scene

WS was again filmed from HS height, the camera "looked" at him from bottom up not a direct horizontal level. It certainly made me feel like I was part of the kiss. :P

And for the boys, the camera filmed downwards, "seeing" her from WS's perspective.

I dont know whether these are all part of filming 101 class and they seems very minor, but they make viewers more involved, and so they certainly were impressive. The director is really famous for good reasons.

Reveal hidden contents

I just want to applaud you for noticing the camera angles! I didnt even notice it and how much it really does magnify everything all together. 

• Like 19