[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

10 minutes ago, sosooyah19 said:

yeah, i cannot think of anyone else play HS (oh i think there's one hahahaha), i was happy they selected her so i could see how she'll pull this... she was so pretty in here.. you cannot see her as an Idol or as a singer in here..

:) There was one other person - I was thinking Moon Chae Won (as in her performance from The Princess' Man), but you are right, its hard to think of anyone other than Lee Ji Eun as Hae Soo... :)

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Evelyn C said:

:) There was one other person - I was thinking Moon Chae Won (as in her performance from The Princess' Man), but you are right, its hard to think of anyone other than Lee Ji Eun as Hae Soo...

i was actually typing MCW, but not even her, (IMHO) she cant look 16 (but she's my fave actress i wish i could see her with LJG in future projects)... i had in mind the other 'Moon' GY (but doubt chemistry until i see one sageuk with him).. but HS's IU tops it for me... because she looked good with LJG side by side (i think they still do some chemistry check.. hehehe)

• Like 10

1 minute ago, sosooyah19 said:

i was actually typing moon chae won, but not even her, (IMHO) she cant look 16... i had in mind the other 'Moon' GY (but doubt chemistry until i see one sageuk with him).. but HS's IU tops it for me... because she looked good with LJG side by side (i think they still do some chemistry check.. hehehe)

I forgot about her! :P Chemistry with LJG I don't know but epic tragedy of heroine - I think she could pull it off (as in 'Sado'' where she played Crown Princess married to Crown Prince Sado)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Evelyn C said:

I forgot about her! :P Chemistry with LJG I don't know but epic tragedy of heroine - I think she could pull it off (as in 'Sado'' where she played Crown Princess married to Crown Prince Sado)

yes since she was so used in sageuk she could, but chemistry wise, IU and LJG is more than spark.... :)

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, sosooyah19 said:

i was actually typing MCW, but not even her, (IMHO) she cant look 16 (but she's my fave actress i wish i could see her with LJG in future projects)... i had in mind the other 'Moon' GY (but doubt chemistry until i see one sageuk with him).. but HS's IU tops it for me... because she looked good with LJG side by side (i think they still do some chemistry check.. hehehe)

Well MCW is in Namoo actors now so the odds might be increasing in your favor lol Was it Lucky Romance where basically 3 of the main leads were from the same agency?

I just saw LJG posting that manip picture. He's probably thinking y'all are thirsty for an happy ending. Poor souls lol

• Like 12

As remarks about the excessive close-ups have resurfaced, I'll just share some thought about this too.

Subjective narration is not my type of choice when it comes to visual narration but it is a creative choice I understand especially in this instance.

Absolute subjective camera work is absolutely tedious. It exists, the most well known example is "The Lady of the Lake. Critical response was not so good and it is not the kind of work you’ll see in a commercial piece nowadays - it's been tried, it failed - so directors who want a subjective narration go for the next best thing: semi-subjective camera work… which actually covers a lot of things, some of which has absolutely nothing to do with subjective narration.

Extreme close-ups, shaky camera work, unfocused camera are all part of these semi-subjective tricks.

Apparently this director wanted to do a subjective narration and he did it in a quite by-the-book fashion.

First close up on the person whose point of view you want to display, then camera work trying to display the inner turmoil of the character - thus shaky or unfocused, either subjective or semi-subjective.

ex: HS discovering her surroundings when she first arrives in Goryeo, the camera moves and turns in an hectic way displaying the lost and overwhelming feelings she’s supposed to feel, I know, she’s still in frame but that’s why it is called semi-subjective, it is supposed to display her point of view while keeping her in frame.

Then if, called for, reaction shot of the partner or other characters in a subjective or semi-subjective way. Subjective would make the camera the POV character, so you have this shots of actors looking directly into the camera so the viewer can feel like the reaction is directly addressed at him. It is absolutely counter-instinctive to actors for they have learnt to never ever look directly into the camera always a fictional point somewhere on the side of the frame. Semi-subjective is more usual to us. It can be more or less subjective but it usually is more common so we are programmed to accept them more easily than pure subjective camera. When you see the reaction shot as if you were looking above the character’s shoulder - third person shot -, seeing a part of it in the process, it is a semi-subjective shot - and the most usual reaction shot I’ve ever seen.

I’ve not really been plagued by the extreme close-ups because it has always seemed obvious to me that the story was told in the - unreliable - point of view of the main protagonists - and to be honest I would have loved it if it has really been told in the point of view of HS - plus it gives the opportunity to detail all the micro-expressions which is delightful in the case of a few of these actors.

note : subjective camera and POV shot are synonyms.

• Like 16

Spoiler
3 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

Honeycam2016-11-0519-18-21.gif

z1oe5FU.gif

I find myself drawn back to this drama again and again. To say it wasn't without it's flaws would be an understatement, yet despite all the shoddy editing and somewhat questionable pacing, I liked it. And yes, I even liked the ending once I had time to absorb it.  So what have they left us with?

Well it's an open ending that's for sure. We didn't get Wang So in the present day. **Sob** Nor did we get the pair meeting which would have been the perfect ending. But we did get a promise - a statement of fact that no matter the place or time, he would find her again. It's bittersweet and not what I had envisioned yet it's this promise that fills me full of hope for our OTP. 

No matter how many seasons or years may pass, no matter where they may find themselves, no matter who they are, they will find the other piece of their soul again. Because that's what they are - Soulmates. Their love transcends time and space.

They've left it open ended for a sequel which will never see the light of day. So it's left to our imaginations Eclipses. Thank God we have that left to us otherwise this drama would be truly depressing.

Thanks for the journey my fellow Eclipses. It's been a pleasure being part of this thread and this wonderful drama. I'll still be hanging around but I'm sure at some stage I'll have to let this drama go and move on. Hope to see you all around the forum at some stage in the future. Virtual Hugs to you all.

tumblr_muiob57ATu1sghvrlo1_500.gif

yes i kinda liking the ending now because there is a promise of finding her... instead of meeting but not remembering (i think that's a great tragedy)

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, chrissydiva said:

Well MCW is in Namoo actors now so the odds might be increasing in your favor lol Was it Lucky Romance where basically 3 of the main leads were from the same agency?

I just saw LJG posting that manip picture. He's probably thinking y'all are thirsty for an happy ending. Poor souls lol

yes i was jumping a few days back when i saw her name.. hahahaha.. we'll just wait and see for LJG's next project...

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Rose_ said:

And what is this? LJG sshi, please answer! Hahaha! :lol: :D 

Goofy Wang So! Lee Ji Eun is just speech-less and smiling. Probably trying to maintain her acting mode while LJG is just being LJG. Haha!

She is older than him right? LOL. 

Sometimes I feel IU has to "baby sit" LJG and ask him to calm down LOL. 

Again, who is the older one?

• Like 19

1 minute ago, antiherofans said:

Maybe she is really like her character in Producer where she is like an ancient one :) and he's a grown-up little kid! :P

• Like 11

On 5/11/2016 at 2:44 AM, ShaiKeun said:

Help me  eclipsers. I am going crazy here. I cannot get out the picture k_hannah posted from my mind.  Kekeke! MLSHR has ended  but seeing that picture gave me a hate feeling towards So.  How could he do it to another girl if he loves  Soo so much? MEN! 

@ShaiKeun  She may have awakened the 'male' in him but not the 'man'.  She may get his wolf-dog body but not his heart - all for the sake of an heir.   If he only had two wives and 5 children from one then he was quite celibate I think.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Sharine Phinisia said:

2. What is the REAL Hae Soo doing in the prince's bath? and what happened to her when Ha Jin got switched with her?

Don't attempt to read too much into it -- that scene has one MAIN purpose: 

To continue the tradition of baring the upper torso of the leading / supporting male cast in a bathing/showering scene. 

Other purposes? Well… 

In C-BBJX, they have the time (34 episodes) to slowly introduce RX (HS) to the princes -- full-clothed. But in MLSHR time is short, so gather around boys. 

Besides, she (both HJ & HS) drowned right, and has to resurface from the water somewhere.  You have to admit it's funny …  and memorable enough for the princes.  AND hopefully the (female) viewers too.

And oh, since WS is the male lead, he receive one-to-one with HS, scars included (I think I forgot to breathe in that scene :P

The female lead tradition in K-dramas, you ask?

They will only fall in love with the male lead when the series is half over. For HS, it's episode 14 out of 20.

Didn't take me that long:

*  Chance upon headline about LJG being cast as lead, I'm like "So?"  (as in So What?, not Wang So!!) -- I didn't click on it BTW.

*  Ep-1:  Arrives at palace gate, butchers the horse -- I was thinking "Can't you find a more decent-looking male lead?"

*  Ep-1:  Meets siblings + convo with JM & Mu -- still no feeling

*  Ep-2:  WS meets HS -- magic happens  … no, not for the leads, for me & LJG !!!

WS sweeps HS off her feet (literally-speaking), only to moments later dumps her unceremoniously onto the ground.  Unafraid & in fact indignant, she admonishes him about riding around as if his father owns the road (truthfully, his father does).  His facial expression (half of it, actually), however fleeting, says it all. Not. A. Single. Word.

I have fallen.

Psst:  (Ep-3)  Absolutely loves his expression to JM at the morgue, who is not happy with viewing dead assassins -- as if saying: "LOSER !"

Other countries have their tradition too, like in Bollywood (India's Hollywood):  

The male lead could be kicked & punched by 10 gangsters & he wouldn't utter an oomph.  But when the female lead tries to put on a bandage on a teeny-weeny scrape, the male lead goes:

"OOOOOOOOWWWWWW"!!!!

• Like 23

25 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

Haha true, true! 

He looks young for his age and young at heart too!! Haha! That picture reminds of the BTS picture he took with Queen Yoo. Haha! IU, if I am not wrong, she is known by her fans to be mature for her age! 

IU always try to maintain her acting mode for the scenes, while LJG I guess given his experience can be in character and out of character in a matter of split seconds. He can go into Wang So character then in splits seconds back to goofy, playful LJG. Lol! 

*hats off* to him. 

• Like 21