[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

One thing I just realized was never discussed... or theorized. And it's probably not important, but I'm curious...

In the C-version, Zhang Xiao got electrocuted in the modern day at the same time Ruo Xi is pushed down the stairs, sustaining a head injury, in the Qing Dynasty, resulting in Zhang Xiao being transported into Ruo Xi's body. Here, we know that Ha Jin drowns and the eclipse transports her into Hae Soo's body, which, according to what Myung Hee told Wang Wook, she had fallen in the water and didn't come out for two hours. The head injury didn't occur until Ha Jin fainted. But... what exactly was Hae Soo doing at the time? Why was she there?

Hae Soo was known for being a quiet, well behaved girl. A well behaved girl wouldn't sneak into a place she doesn't belong, like the royal bathing quarters, with or without the intent of spying on the princes. For what reasons would she sneak in there?

(And honestly, if Hae Soo had been in that water for two hours... it's a good thing Wang Eun didn't stumble upon her unmoving body under the water during that time. It would be twice as terrifying than simply turning around to see a soaked girl standing there. LOL)

• Like 9

the ratings is really unrealistic in my opinion, when the drama had so many (thousands) comment in kkuljaem.blogspot for example.

Usually if the ratings only 3-5%, the comment only around hundreds. I think I don't believe the ratings. I will watch and enjoy this drama, just thinking that this drama really for international viewer :) who can appreciate great actors, cinematography. When I watch the scenery.. it is really beautiful.

• Like 14

I hold my headphone wire soooo tight on that scene when Wook almost kissed Soo...! Eeeeiiii...! 

I must give credit to Wook's acting here...! Sooo real...! You can really feel what he felt at that moment...! 

Hope they could have a time togethere before Soo fall for Wang So.... Or is she really? 

Wished i haven't started this drama yet...waiting just kills me...uurrgghh..! 

• Like 11

@pwnkl The ratings here refer to Korean household ratings, nothing to do with international and online (pirated) ratings.

@Yippeuni Thanks for bringing all the comments here. 

--------------

the ratings is dismay again, and so I dont care about it anymore. It looks like it is on track to be a cult favourite, the people who like it really love it and the people who dun can go watch the candy floss show on the other channel. Ours is a dark chocolate, full of flavour and lingering aroma.

I am sorry if I sound like a sour grape, but after years of watching k drama, I realise my taste is rarely in line with the local Koreans. :sweatingbullets:

-------------

Am rediscovering Lee Joon gi and just want to share his healing camp interview which reveals alot about him. youtube link here

-------------------------

I want to read everyone's comments, but wow, the thread moved about 10 pages after I woke up, will back read during lunch time.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Yippeuni said:

I committed a mortal sin..... crazy eomma forgive me for saying this....

BUT YOU ARE TOTALLY AN EVIL LIVE ON EARTH..... I HOPE YOU DIE SOMETIMES IN NEXT EPISODES

Image result for cute emoticon gif

wait... i'll bring back dozen of priest to pray with you, or dozen of shaman voodoo to grant your wish. (my wish too actually..) she's indeed an evil i just wanna 63d4808b.gif 

• Like 10

Wang So & Hae Soo moments in last night's episode

aviary-image-1473123535022.jpeg

The part where he wanted to help her carry the food basket was cute. And he's even more amused to see her walk in an undignified and unladylike manner. Lol lol. I need more scenes like that. And maybe a breather from WS slicing people up and all bloodied? Too many deaths on his hands that although necessary is always taxing to the soul. I'm already liking that HS provides the balm to his soul

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

In the C-version, Zhang Xiao got electrocuted in the modern day at the same time Ruo Xi is pushed down the stairs, sustaining a head injury, in the Qing Dynasty, resulting in Zhang Xiao being transported into Ruo Xi's body. Here, we know that Ha Jin drowns and the eclipse transports her into Hae Soo's body, which, according to what Myung Hee told Wang Wook, she had fallen in the water and didn't come out for two hours. The head injury didn't occur until Ha Jin fainted. But... what exactly was Hae Soo doing at the time? Why was she there?

Hae Soo was known for being a quiet, well behaved girl. A well behaved girl wouldn't sneak into a place she doesn't belong, like the royal bathing quarters, with or without the intent of spying on the princes. For what reasons would she sneak in there?

@akinahana89 Chingu, when you get a chance, revisit Ep1 when Chae Ryung and Haesoo were walking around 8's residence. Chae Ryung was trying to remind her of the things she liked to do. In that conversation, I think you'll learn what you want to know. CR actually suggests that Haesoo is lying about not remembering, and wonders whether this is perhaps about a rendezvous with someone from another household or that Haesoo has a lot of debt. Mind you, Chae Ryung has been with Haesoo for a long time, and it sounds like she's been hiding a lot about herself from everyone.

Knowing this, my theory is that Haesoo was indeed there to spy on the princes. :lol:

• Like 16

My good friend maniac ride has just started this drama and wrote her first impression of it on our blog.

Both of us have watched the Chinese version and enjoy this new version! 

For more of our thoughts and opinions about this drama, please click here: https://picadrama.wordpress.com/2016/09/05/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo/

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, qwenli said:

@pwnkl The ratings here refer to Korean household ratings, nothing to do with international and online (pirated) ratings.

@Yippeuni Thanks for bringing all the comments here. 

--------------

the ratings is dismay again, and so I dont care about it anymore. It looks like it is on track to be a cult favourite, the people who like it really love it and the people who dun can go watch the candy floss show on the other channel. Ours is a dark chocolate, full of flavour and lingering aroma.

-------------

I wanted to read everyone's comments, but wow, the thread moved about 10 pages after I woke up, will back read during lunch time.

@qwenli I can't agree more :) we love dark chocolate than cotton candy... 

• Like 17

guys don't care ratings...at same time spot at same days in a two rival channel there is a two historical drama and actually this kind of rivalry always brings one side playing dirty and try to drop other drama ratings by negative articles. A lot of people also think this "bad acting" article was unnecessary and unrealistic, ıt happened at 1st ep!.. everyone knows there was no real public reaction behind it... you write "public reacted to this and that artist acting skills and suddenly public really react after reading that! they show their reaction with losing their interest!.. I saw this so many times. After the news Scarlet Heart ratings dropped and Lovers in the moonlight ratings increased! 

but again I always say  5-6-7-9%... this are not really bad ratings! ıf you are old drama lover, you also have to know most of the very popular korean drama took bad ratings at korea. for ex now a teenage drama Cinderella and four Knights is in everywhere...people keep talking about it but ıts ratings are 2-3%...Pinoccho was very popular drama for i-fans..ıts rating was 5-6%...Healer was very popular drama..ıts ratings was again 5-6%...there is so many like this...

so don't be sad, just watch and have fun. 

• Like 18

Just watched the preview for Ep 5 with subs and I feel like it's gonna be such a sad episode. The part that caught my attention the most was this.

27%20copy_zpscg2bs6m7.jpg

24%20copy_zpsujzg7ypu.jpg

28%20copy_zpsqpbvwvea.jpg

When Wook refers to him he is talking about So right? Why does So need taking care of?! My gosh what is happening. But just Hae Soo and Wook both teary eyed has me very nervous for what is about to happen next.

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

@kiklaminHo Chingu, just want to give you some peace of mind and assure you there are actually a lot of Kang Ha Neul fans that are a part of our community. You might have just popped onto the thread during a time when some of our chingu were just expressing disappointment in the character, Wang Wook...or were just deeply appreciating Wangso's character.

Might I also add that we sail a few ships here on this thread, and one is definitely for Wang Wook and Haesoo.  So please get comfortable and know you are not alone in your admiration of the very handsome and talented Kang Ha Neul, aka 8th prince. :wub:

My friend, truth is I dont follow closely the thread and generally soompi anymore . I used to be a regular the old days...lol...

You are right on this. I read some posts from chingus that were unfamiliar to KHN and I wanted to introduce him.

On the other hand as much as I like him as an actor ,in the Moon Lovers series I want my WS/HS ship to sail.I hope I did not mix up the initials .In other words Junki/IU.

I am glad that we have strong performances to enjoy and I hope the story will be interesting until the end.

I did not know the drama had a C -version before. I will wait for the K version to finish and might I watch it later.

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

@akinahana89 Chingu, when you get a chance, revisit Ep1 when Chae Ryung and Haesoo were walking around 8's residence. Chae Ryung was trying to remind her of the things she liked to do. In that conversation, I think you'll learn what you want to know. CR actually suggests that Haesoo is lying about not remembering, and wonders whether this is perhaps about a rendezvous with someone from another household or that Haesoo has a lot of debt. Mind you, Chae Ryung has been with Haesoo for a long time, and it sounds like she's been hiding a lot about herself from everyone.

Knowing this, my theory is that Haesoo was indeed there to spy on the princes. :lol:

LOL! The thought had crossed my mind too, but when Ha Jin asked her, "is Hae Soo really this kind of girl?" Chae Ryung says, "well, she's actually not that bad." So I thought maybe she wasn't that naughty enough to go spying on the princes.

• Like 11

The power of Hae Soo: 1. Can make a wounded heart always mistaken as a villain man smile and do aegyo. 2. Can maka a totally calm respectful always hide behind his smile guy cry and take off his mask once in a while. 3. Can make a boyish men suddenly want to grow up and be a handsome men to adore.

One thing I regret about this ep is not enough YoYo scene. There's no scene of them alone together even. Me as a member of YoYo club is kind of sad. 

• Like 16

@skxz The line of "take care of him for me" is in Hae Soo's cousin's voice. Along with the previous line of "Please accept Soo as the prince's second wife," it seems that she's asking Soo to take care of Wook once she's gone. Wook's line is more like "It's all my fault, so don't beat yourself up about it." This is probably about 13th prince getting mad at them because Wook wrote a letter for Soo confessing his feelings? At least that's the speculation in DC.

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, skxz said:

Just watched the preview for Ep 5 with subs and I feel like it's gonna be such a sad episode. The part that caught my attention the most was this:

Hide contents

When Wook refers to him he is talking about So right? Why does So need taking care of?! My gosh what is happening. But just Hae Soo and Wook both teary eyed has me very nervous for what is about to happen next.

No. I believe it was Madam Hae who said that to Hae Soo. She wants Hae Soo to take care of Wook after she died. In that scene, Wook only say sorry because Soo get to be blame by Baek Ah for having an affair behind her cousin's back. Wook thought he should have restrain himself more (yeah right. Might as well become a monk then). Oh My God. I keep playing the preview because of KHN's voice when he said sorry. So smexy...

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

One thing I regret about this ep is not enough YoYo scene. There's no scene of them alone together even. Me as a member of YoYo club is kind of sad.

yes, we need more YoYoo scene!!!!

1 minute ago, solelylurking said:

KHN's voice when he said sorry. So smexy...

i agree. second lead syndrome is so strong for me. god, i love WW's character so much!

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

LOL! The thought had crossed my mind too, but when Ha Jin asked her, "is Hae Soo really this kind of girl?" Chae Ryung says, "well, she's actually not that bad." So I thought maybe she wasn't that naughty enough to go spying on the princes.

LOL. It actually could be that there was a prince in particular that she wanted to spy on. Just little things that have been said by 8 made me wonder whether the original Haesoo had had a crush on 8 that he was already aware of. I'm probably reading too much into some of the commentary. Still...I wholeheartedly believe she went to the bathhouse intentionally. If not to spy, then perhaps to meet someone?? ;)

• Like 10

Last week the release of 3 episodes was both a blessing and a curse. The character development in the initial 3 episodes left all of us wanting more and having to wait a whole week was just pure torture. Episode 4 was purely amazing with further character development as well as relationship developments. I shall share with you guys my favourite scenes. (I’m sorry if it just ends up being the whole episode)

Ep 4 opened up with So visiting his mother in her chambers completely covered in blood.

Spoiler

2%20copy%202_zpskkqgmhgm.jpg

Although all he had done for her she still told him “You are not my son. Get lost.” That part literally broke my heart. How can a mother treat 2 of her children with so much love and adoration and another one of her children with utter hatred and distaste?! What is wrong with this lady ma gosh?! And even if you disowned him as your son cause of his face you’re the one that slashed him across his face when he was just a baby. 

My god Queen Yoo is a real piece of work.

Spoiler

4%20copy%202_zpswsipv6rc.jpg

For someone who has only known hatred from the people closes to him, So being cold to his brothers as well as always talking about killing is understandable. He acts vicious like an animal cause that’s how he’s been treated. 

LJK’s outpour of emotion to his mother’s word literally made me sob. It was a terribly heartbreaking scene but nonetheless an intense start the 4th episode.

When Hae Soo goes to see if he’s okay and he tells her he has killed people and her reaction was not what he expected.

Spoiler

5%20copy%202_zpsic33jc03.jpg
6%20copy%202_zpspu6edlmm.jpg

Hae Soo talks about how she understands why So kills people. It is because he wants to live and this demonstrates a parallel between the 2 as Hae Soo talked about wanting to live in Ep 3.

And how LJK looks amazing while crying is beyond me.

Spoiler

12%20copy%202_zpstanojvb0.jpg

Absolutely loved the first 10 minutes of this Ep.

The beating scene which we saw in the previews was definitely a highlight of the episode. You can definitely see Yeon Hwa’s distaste towards Hae Soo. When Chae Ryung was getting beaten she was only watching and one of her maids was beating her.

Spoiler

7%20copy%202_zps9nguknwq.jpg

But when Hae Soo offered herself in place of Chae Ryung Yeon Hwa immediately grabbed the cane. That smirk tho.

Spoiler

8%20copy%202_zpsbjpva8fl.jpg

The exasperation and shock on her face when So stops her and states that Hae Soo is his. I feel that Yeon Hwa feels threatened by Hae Soo in the fact that she’s getting all this attention from the princes and this could ruin her chances from standing on top. I mean who wouldn't be she is the princess and of higher ranking than Hae Soo and no one took her side. Idk just some food for thought.

Spoiler

11%20copy%202_zpsqjolt3qx.jpg

Notice Baek Ah running into save Hae Soo with So. Is this a subtle hint that their relationship is strengthening and they’re forming an alliance?

Spoiler

10%20copy%202_zpsynbmbo6w.jpg

Another interesting thing was Chae Ryung looking sadly at Wang Won (9th Prince) and him just looking away. 

Spoiler

Prior to Hae Soo getting whipped he states "I think that servant has been beaten enough." Is he protecting her? I'm pretty sure they will eventually have a relationship so is this a subtle hint that it's happening? This is rather interesting cause we don't know much about Won yet except for the fact he's always following Yo around.

14%20copy%202_zpsez5elnez.jpg
13%20copy%202_zpsrcscof6d.jpg

This was by far my favourite scene where Hae Soo hugs Wang Jung and just look at those reactions from So and Wook. Priceless.

Spoiler

18%20copy%202_zpsytcyhr5z.jpg
17%20copy%202_zpsnmjvqpwj.jpg

This was just OMG. I wanted them to kiss. I knew they weren’t gonna kiss but I thought they were gonna kiss. Wook was so going for it but Hae Soo was like nope.

Spoiler

16%20copy%202_zpskkkdxbo5.jpg
15%20copy%202_zpsdpx60msr.jpg

We start to see the confusion and turmoil that is building up within Wook. He knows his wife is sick and that he should take care of her and love her but he has fallen for Hae Soo. The sadness and worry in his eyes was just unreal. KHN you are just amazing. KHN jjang!!

So being allowed to stay was the biggest YESSSSSSSSS moment for me.

Spoiler

21%20copy%202_zpssrnh83ct.jpg

The final scene with Hae Soo and So sitting and just talking was beautiful. The use of BGM and the cinematography was just so on point. And when the snow fell I just melted (dat irony). The way he looks at her is just adorable.

Spoiler

22%20copy%202_zpsior8scyc.jpg
23%20copy%202_zpspfyrkq4j.jpg

Honestly I’m still stuck on who I am shipping. The development of Hae Soo and So’s relationship in this episodes was amazing and I loved every second of it. But KHN’s acting is just OMG. You can really tell Wook has fallen for Hae Soo but he is caught between loving his sick wife who is nearing death and his wife’s cousin. Right now I think I’m even more confused than Wook is. It’d be funny if by the end of the drama I still don’t know who I ship man that will bother me for centuries.

All in all I loved this episode it was a great job, very well put together. Keen for Ep 5! Hell yea!!

Sorry this post is long just wanted to document and share me thoughts. I have yet to catch up on everyones post but I shall do that now. And thank you to all that kept the forum updated last night I’m so glad I found you guys! Love my MLSHR family <3

• Like 19