[Official] ❤ Taeyang Couple ❤ Duk Sun and Sun Woo Reply 1988

heartoppaya

Guest skeletonworks

The sub is finally out! Now we should all watch with the subtittle and continue cracking our head for the answer haha tho people might go between JH and SW as the husband..what if it's actually DR is the husband? Minus the glasses he has the future husband's hair style. That would be a total surprise! Ok im off to watch episode 1..thank God it's a public holiday today in my country. @heartoppaya you are from Sri Lanka right? Celebrating depavali? 

Woahhh this morning I checked it was still not subbed! You're from Malaysia too right? So happy that it's a holiday! I'm also off to watch it!

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also don't go to the main thread..feels like 2013 all over again and im a minority so i wont go there..let just be here in our own alternate universe where DS married SW 

I've watched episode 1and to me it's more an introduction to the neighborhood i think episode 3 onwards maybe we'll start to get clue bit by bit from shin pd..last time they have the plush toys clue..i wonder for this time around what they will use for hints?

@skeletonworks yes im from Malaysia..and you too? Yeay fellow msian haha im glad its a public holiday today..time for a dramathon :)

Guest skeletonworks

I also don't go to the main thread..feels like 2013 all over again and im a minority so i wont go there..let just be here in our own alternate universe where DS married SW 

I've watched episode 1and to me it's more an introduction to the neighborhood i think episode 3 onwards maybe we'll start to get clue bit by bit from shin pd..last time they have the plush toys clue..i wonder for this time around what they will use for hints?

@skeletonworks yes im from Malaysia..and you too? Yeay fellow msian haha im glad its a public holiday today..time for a dramathon :)

Yeah I'm from Malaysia!!!! Hiiii!!!!! Even though I haven't started working yet, who doesn't love a public holiday?? Hahaha.

I've just finished episode 1! It's already angsty in episode 1! XD Yeah I agree episode 1 is like characters introduction just like episode 1 in R94. But I feel like episode 1 in R94 has more impact than this one. Maybe because I feel like there are too many people that they are introducing and it just seems a bit hard to focus. In R88, everyone has more or less same amount of air time. Each of them is just as important. The family relationship is strong in this one. I feel really bad for Deoksun. She sure was left out a lot although she were asking for it I think. I mean her brother made an effort to fetch their dad even if it's for the wrong intention. She also told her mum that she doesn't need fried egg. I mean she could just tell her once in awhile I want to eat fried egg today. Why does she always think that she has to give up everything hoping that one day her parents would notice? Is it a middle child syndrome?

I can't believe that I'd hate any character in Reply series but I do have some this time unfortunately. Bora and Junghwan's dad aka Samcheonpo. Bora is such a violent girl!!! Do sisters really fight like that?? It's because she's not nice that her dongsaeng called her names. Junghwan's dad is just err cringeworthy? I just feel like skipping his scene.

Sooooo.. Junghwan is an A student as well? He got number 1! Everyone thinks that he only cares about football but he's good at study too. He's like 10% away from being perfect if not for his antisocial behaviour among family members.

Soooooo our Deoksun and Sunwoo share the same birthday: 17 SEPTEMBER!!!!!!! Have "Sun" in their names. It'd be hard to believe that they won't end up together in the end. Perhaps they got married on 17 September as well??? :P  Speaking of Sunwoo... the scene where his mother found cigarette box and he's denying it... I was actually hoping that it was his and he denied it because he didn't want his mother to get worried and that the perfect Sunwoo is just a mask of pretense. But alas... he's just a perfect grade A student... The fact that the adult DS exclaimed her disbelief that she got married to her husband.... it must be someone unimaginable by her when she was young... Oh well not rely gonna rely much on the future DS. Just like R94.... The trolling was strong on the future them.

More cying scenes next episode. Hahaha. I wonder when the next episode got sub :P

I haven't watch a subbed one but gonna catch up later!!!

Waaahhh you both @skeletonworks @kaykafisyah are from Malaysia? Haiii sayang i am from Indonesia ^^

Well talking about bora, i kinda agree that she's being too much and violent. I believe there's side of her that is good but really they made her character so unlikable rather than 'a funny tempered unni'. But i do think she and quiet Taek could make a good match ? Hehe

And waaaah they were born on September?? Only 2 days apart of my bday !! We are virgo buddies ! :D

And i also think of something, some people say that they won't ship anyone until the right time because they might be heartbroken to choose a wrong ship. But we should ship what we love shouldn't we? I think shipping the one because he most probably would win the end game is probably just to win the game, i can't even do that. Even though the PD himself privately told me that the husband isn't SW, i might just stop shipping them for the worst, but i can't ship DS with anyone just because he's the end game. So i will just choose what i love. I don't care if im not on the winning ship or not. I ship what makes me happy, win or lose.

Guest skeletonworks

@sserene Hi jiran!

As for me, I don't simply ship because I want to be on the side of the end game OR because he's my bias OR because he's hotter. If I were to ship because he's hotter, I'd have shipped CB with Najeong. If I were to ship because he's my bias, I'd be a die hard shipper of Seongjoon (Park Seojoon is my bias) and Hyejin from She Was Pretty. I did support the OTP though like maybe 40% while the remaining 60% actually I want HJ with Shinhyeok. And so that's why after they became a couple, I stopped watching the drama haahahaha. While majority was shipping Yianh with Eunbi in School 2015, I die die shipped Taekwang with Eunbi. Why? Because TK has much more chemistry with Eunbi and because they interacted more. I guess when it comes to shipping business, I am looking for chemistry between the OTP and also the character's personality. And that's why I shipped Najeong and Trash because I like Trash's personality and because they're just meant to be with each other. It's so obvious Najeong likes Trash.

With R88, so far from episode 1 that I've watched, it's too early to see anything yet. While the bickering between Junghwan and Deoksun is cute and reminds me of Najeong and Trash, I don't really dig Junghwan's personality. Like how he's so reserved in front of his family. That's not very cute. I think I like the loud annoying character (Trash, Taekwang, Shinhyeok etc) hahahaha. So I love GGP but he has the personality of an angel. I wish that it was just a mask. I wish the PD gave his personality a twist.

If Sunwoo really has chemistry with Deoksun and I feel like they're meant to be together even though I know they won't end up together (like that silly School 2015 drama), I will definitely ship them to the moon and back. To each his own.

@skeletonworks one funny thing. I didn't even notice Go Kyung Po on Flower boys next door. I mean i did notice him but not as a man, but only a supporter cast. I didn't even think "this boy is handsome, this boy is attractive". So i believe this time i purely fall for his personality (plus he became handsome to me now kkkk). And yes i admit Trash personality is on point and strong enough for CB to beat. Even tho i was rooting for CB, but i like Trash's character that made me think "oh this man deserves najung". 

Anyway, i don't mind to watch the raw all over again this friday, especially ep 3 seems like Taeyang's ? Ahh my excited heart.

I can't stand Bora at all! I feel like slapping her while watching her scenes and just like JH's mom..i also wonder how she end up in Seoul Uni..it's well known and no doubt seoul uni is amongt the best unis in Korea..tho they did show the good side of Bora during their grandmother pass away scene but what she did before that is unacceptable to me..every little thing DS did will result in bora getting mad. She's mad when DS wears her cloths..put on her make up when everything was actually bought with the money from the dad. They are only 3 years apart but why can't they share? I mean i fought with my sister a lot when we were younger but the only reason was..we fought over the tv remote controller (i know..childish) and how bora treats the mom..remember when najung getting mad to the kids in the boarding house when they treat her mom badly? It gives the same vibe..andddd im not saying DS is an angel as well..she's aware her family is not really that well of but she demands a separate celebration..i mean its good enough the parents have the celebration for them tho..but overall i think..that's the only scene where i think its kinda over reacting from DS part..im a 2nd child, and the 1st daughter..from 5 siblings and we are 3 sisters i somehow relates to DS..

@sserene hahahaha turns out we actually live near to each other ;) i admire your positiveness in shipping..is it because you were in a sinking ship before? I was before during doctor stranger, i shipped KSR and LJS so much and i end up deleting the whole series after the final episode..i really can't digest LJS still go back to his 1st love and maybe because just like @skeletonworks said about chemistry..i just didn't see the chemistry between LJS and the girl from north korea and skeleton, im with you in a sinking ship of school 2015! Hahaha the chemistry between GTK and eunbi is something that missing in eunbi and yian relationship but what to do..the girl has chosen tho but at least i didn't delete the series just like i did with doctor strangers because i think its still quite acceptable.

In R94 it was during the 1st two episodes when i fall in love with trash..i like how he always bickers with najung but end up still doing what ever she asked him to..example when najung asked for snacks tho he nags that she's sick still want snacks but he bought for her anyway..and by end of episode 2 im totally board the nareki ship because the revealation of trash is not najung's blood brother and it kinda obvious to me who the end game was at that time..

For R88..i can't really say why i ship our taeyang couple? Im not a fan of any of the 4 lead guys..PBG yes but after episode 1 im pretty sure he's not the contender for the husband spot..maybe this time around i have no reason why am i boarding this ship..will just enjoy the show and if im sinking..then let it be haha and im also have the same wish..for SW to actually be a rebelious..to show how frustrated he is to everything and anything and not being an angel all the time

i swore that this time i would be off the shipping game... but just after 2 ep my gut feeling tell me that SW is the husband...

i just hope that they would keep the guessing game subtle and and not like drag the whole ordeal to the last ep... 

Welcome @ebito we finally have a new family member! I was thinking that maybe half way thru, then we'll get people coming in..it always 4-5 of us posting. I can't confidently say that SW is the end game yet..and im ready to sail on a sinking ship even haha hope to see you around more often and once again on behalf of the thread starter @heartoppaya welcome again :)

Welcome @ebito we finally have a new family member! I was thinking that maybe half way thru, then we'll get people coming in..it always 4-5 of us posting. I can't confidently say that SW is the end game yet..and im ready to sail on a sinking ship even haha hope to see you around more often and once again on behalf of the thread starter @heartoppaya welcome again :)

thanks for the welcome... well basically i'm not much of a talker or writer in this case... so i might not write much... but i will still diligently lurk in here... 

Guest skeletonworks

@ebito Were you in Nareki thread last time? I think I vaguely saw your nick there.

@sserene I've always found GGP attractive but I've never bothered to google him up (I have a thing for tall boy haha). I knew him from Flower Boy as well but I didn't finish watching that drama because it's so boring (but I did like him in there). Then in Nodame Cantabile, I like the violinist guy and found him attractive as well it's just that I didn't know that it's the same guy who's in the Flower Boy because his hair is different in there. Then I watched Potato Star and I like him too there (without knowing it's the same guy from Flower Boy and Nodame Cantabile hahaha). I started to google him when I saw the casts in R88 and it turned up to be the same actor that I'm always attracted to. LOL.

By the way, episode 2 with eng subbed is already out!!!!!!

I think Jinjoo took the chocolate that Deoksun gave to Sunwoo!!!!! From this I came to conclusion:

1. Deoksun did give the chocolate to Sunwoo. She likes him. It's her first love because we'll be seeing them more in episode 3. No one would forget their first love even after inhaling carbon monoxide for 30 years. I know I still remember all my crushes! Jinjoo ate the chocolate that's why Sunwoo said he didn't get any chocolate.
  2. If she mistakenly put in the other boys' bags, then it could be Junghwan or Dongryong because Taek didn't bring his bag. I feel like it's unlikely. If you like someone, you'd know everything about him.
  3. Then the adult Deoksun said that her husband was smart back then. So Dongryong could be ruled out right? Only Junghwan and Sunwoo are good at studies. I think Taek is out of the picture as well. He's a genius at baduk but not at everything else. That's not consider smart.
  4. But the adult husband looks a lot like Junghwan >__>

If we follow the same formula, I think the husband would be Sunwoo. Like in R94, Najeong said she's gonna marry her "oppa" and so she did. It's always the mutual love that wins in Reply. @kaykafisyah I'm like you. I knew they're the end game since episode 2. Did you know how happy I was when it was revealed in episode 2 that they're not blood related?? Because in episode 1 I can already feel the chemistry between them is strong even though they bickered. In episode 1, when they bickered like crazy I even wished that Trash was not her brother. Got my wish the next episode :D

Why did the girls don't have to wear uniform to school but the boys do? Sexist much? That era where it is not necessary for girls to get education? Glad I don't live in that kind of era...

(I accidentally close this tab and almost lost 10 years of my life because I thought I lost everything that I wrote! Hahahaha)

Mistakes by the production:

Z6QdDow.jpg

z9giGZA.jpg

72058-what-kind-of-sorcery-is-this-JXjO.

Look at the time stamp. It's strange if this is a continuous recording.

Sunwoo is such a good boy. He ate his mum's inedible food because he wants his mum to be happy. Was his father a gangster or something? Because I could feel like he wanted to punch that senior after the football match but he was seriously holding it in. The second confrontation, he's trying his best to hold it in (perhaps because of his mother). That's when Junghwan came in and punched that douchebag. I think his friends know about his circumstances.

I LOL so hard at this! That's so disgusting! And she didn't even wear glove!

RHGoBNC.jpg

@skeletonworks while reading your post and reached the part where u mentioned that JJ might ate the chocolate..i was thinking to reply you and mention about the time stamp on the camcorder! Is it really a mistake by the production team or one of many ways to troll us? If only the time stamp is correct, i can confidently say JJ really had the chocolate ooooorrrr she took it and hid it! To say that she ate the chocolate maybe a bit too impossible since when the friends left for tteokbogi JJ still had the sausages in her hands tho..oh ya..why i say that JJ might took it? Even the sausages which JH already warned DS not to eat them coz belong to his brother JJ still can have it..what else a chocolate which being put in secretly in front of her eyes?

Yes ..current husband fits JH appearance more, the hair..the attitude..the brain..butttt i have 1 silly reason why he might not be JH..the lips! (Lol please laugh) JH has a 'unique' lips shape, especially his upper lip and the future husband doesnt have that..i mean yes this is a drama and people wont go too detail looking for a verrrrry similar looking person for such reason..but if u ask me to pick..ill say yoo haejin suits 1988 JH features more ;) ok silly me..pls ignore haha

Edit: reading back my post on how YHJ suits 1988 JH features more makes me sound so mean and as if im making fun of JH..no its not my intention..it just that to me..YHJ eyes and lips shape is somewhat similar to JH's..no offense v

Guest skeletonworks

@kaykafisyah I'm leaning on production's mistake (or maybe laziness?). Because it wouldn't make sense since the timestamp overlapped between the two scenes and on the same day too! I don't think the two scenes are two different scenes either. It'd be ridiculous if it's a troll. I think last time the production did make a mistake on the placement of the VCR in the future scenes because of several takes perhaps. So I think in this case, it's probably a mistake or maybe they're too lazy to make a different animation of the timestamp.

If we ignore the timestamp and just follow the flow of the scene, JJ probably took it even if she didn't eat it. You're right. There's several occasion where she nicked other people's stuff like that time when she took one of the ahjumma's cardigan and found a cigarette box, which cause total chaos between Sunwoo and his mum. It's high chance that she's the culprit.

I feel like episode 3 of R88 might be similar in spirit to episode 2 of R94: the revelation. Can't wait for it!

Edit:

By the way, do you know what the adult DS and her husband are doing? Are they doing an interview? If they were, then it could be either DS or her husband is famous. If her husband is famous, it could be Taek or Sunwoo. Why Sunwoo? Because he might end up becoming a famous football player because he's brilliant at it!

@skeletonworks actually i was wondering about the same thing..what is the future characters actually doing? Interview? But why? Watching episode 2 on the scene where Bora read out loud DS's entry on her diary i thought to myself that DS might turn out to be a famous writer..because i find her very talented in her choices of words lol but when future DS also cringe when she read back her diary..it seems impossible..have no idea..

Guest skeletonworks

@kaykafisyah The thought of DS becoming a famous writer never occurs to me. Hahaha. I just feel like she doesn't have any ambition at all because there's nothing she's good at or nothing she's passionate about. But you could be right. After reading so many sexy novels, it's believable if she one day became a famous writer. Hahaha!

Just coming back from the main thread and why i even went there? And what is this i read that SW is actually having crush on Bora? What?? When i can't see any hint at all? Or is it just because im blinded by our taeyang couple pairing? Some said that it is no wonder that SW recognized the denim jacket as Bora's since he's been keeping interest in her..but on my argument..the boys sure know DS better and how she always used her sister's stuffs..

In my opinion SW character is similar to YYJ, R97..he's smart, he's a nice son (YYJ is a nice dongsaeng to his hyung) but in the same time he still follow around his friends doing some naughty stuffs and JH is kind of giving me Trash's vibe..ok maybe like 77% of Trash..in R88 we have a 1st love guy and also a guy the female lead always fight with..and my point is..this time around i feel like the writer is giving us the combination of 94 & 97 ..and it might be..just might be since we are only up to 2 episodes, hard to guess.. (sorry for the ranting tho..haha i need to release the tension after coming back from the main thread..i can sense war coming soon over there)

Archived