[OFFICIAL] Kwak Si Yang & Kim So Yeon

KalyanaV

@hellopt really 13 eps only? Huhuhu just like Perhaps Love or We Are In Love [a dating show in Chinese Entertainment] 

If hubbi KSY will continue to love his wife like in the 1st episode I guess we will have to ready our tissue in their last episode. Ahhh WGM is like a love-hate relationship. Loving it at the start but hating it at end.

I count the episodes but I think it will be 15 or more, depends how much they have filmed. The point is it will be a short period of time (100 days) for a couple on this show. I don`t know much but I think other couples have 6 - 12 months. Maybe they will concentrate the moments for this virtual marriage and I hope they will remain entertaining to watch. 

I read somewhere that the WGM audience like a new couple and after a while they hate/ complain that it seams "staged", that they are pretending, they are bored with them.  I guess there are some people that are attached to a couple and miss them on the show. It is like watching a kdrama OTP. :w00t:

Yep there are times you feel like that. But when its their last epsiode you kinda hate the process of the show where at times when couples invested so much or their relationship is smooth sailing then bang! The couple is slash and have to be divorce.

• Like 5

Yep there are times you feel like that. But when its their last epsiode you kinda hate the process of the show where at times when couples invested so much or their relationship is smooth sailing then bang! The couple is slash and have to be divorce.

It is understandable. At least in a kdrama, a couple gets the happy ending most of the times.

It will be interesting for me this one time experience (I have to learn to never say never. I told myself to never watch this show and look at me now. :w00t:). I want to enjoy watching So Yeon in this new situation and I will love seeing SoShi couple on screen but I am ready for the ending moment. I said this now but who knows? :phew:

I don`t know how it will be, If So Yeon will be less self- conscious in this show. Some people are not made for variety shows.

• Like 4

WGM's new couple Kim So Yeon and Kwak Si Yang are very cute and interesting!

67810-354744.jpg

I thought I would stop following 'We Got Married' after CNBlue's Jonghyun and actress Gong Seung Yeon left the show. However, when Kim So Yeon was announced to join the show, I was immediately interested in her segment because I like her as an actress and was really surprised she would join. Her virtual husband is a rookie actor named Kwak Si Yang, who is seven years younger than her.

Their first episode aired on yesterday and I actually watched it yesterday too. Both actors were quite awkward at first since they are not really familiar with variety shows. Kim So Yeon has a super cute and girly personality, which is similar to her character in 'Falling for Innocence.' Kwak Si Yang is not my type but I find him quite interesting to watch as he can be manly but also has boyish charms.

The two actors seem to be a good fit for each other based on their habits and characteristics. Kim So Yeon is extremely polite and well-mannered, she even felt sorry towards Kwak Si Yang when she found out he's so much younger! She's just too adorable and funny to watch, haha. On the other hand, Kwak Si Yang is really thankful that Kim So Yeon is his wife because she is so pretty and he feels like an ordinary person dating a celebrity (typical thought from a rookie actor), lol. Honestly though, she doesn't look that much older than him as he looks quite mature I think.

I'm looking forward to how the couple overcome the age gap issue and hope they'll have fun as a virtual couple on the show!
Posted 8 hours ago by fishy2love

• Like 5

Just want to say Hello ~~ before i'm going back to silent reader mode (lol). when i watch WGM Previews last week and saw Kim So Yeon, i know that i'll also lenjoy to watch this couple. i've known her since i watched All About Eve and watch some of her drama. Thank you for the Raw, btw. i'm watching it right now and i noticed she collects Slam Dunk manga :w00t:  hahahaha ~
And about Kwak Si Yang, since i know nothing about him, watching it for the first time is quite interesting ~ i can't wait the eng-sub.

Nice to meet you guys ^_^

Hello, @LadyAgeha its nice to meet you. If you haven't seen Si Yang before, try "Persevere, Gu Hae Ra" I fell for him (so much, so very much) in this. Si Yang has this way of speaking through his eyes. I think it will feature here a lot. 

Omoooo... Can't wait!

Thanks for the greetings ^.^
i think i watched that before. hmmm... but thank you for letting me know, i'll check it again later :)
Yes, he's speaking through his eyes, both of them look sooooooo cute together (finally watched the sub)
i'm giving four thumbs up for WGM for bringing OhYeah couple and 2KSY couple. i love watching both couple ~~~~~:w00t::w00t:

• Like 3

When hubbi KSY said I will make you happy, excited, laugh and heart flutters I said bamm! That's it! This guy is such a beautiful man inside and out. The proposal is just an icing on the cake. The thoughts of making a happy married life for his wife is a wonderful thing to watch. Ahhh it feels like atmosphere of WGM S1 is back.:wub::wub::lol:

• Like 3

Guest mjolnir_98_stv

I really don't care about the age gap, and in my opinion Si Yang seemed to be leading So Young gently, if you guys could notice and because of that I couldn't really feel any age gap. Anyway they are too precious and I'm looking forward to Saturday. :wub:

I

After watching the episode with eng subs, Kwak Si Yang reinforced my view that he is a sweet and playful person. Even without subs, his actions made me think, 'Ah this guy is really sincere towards Kim So Yeon,' He tried to make it as comfortable as he can, even though it was the first meeting, and he would feel as awkward as her too, but he silently led Kim So Yeon.

It also looks like Kim So Yeon, herself, chose to be on WGM, so no one was pressuring her which is good because I never would have thought a well-established actress such as her would join a variety show like WGM. I'm glad she chose to because I get to see more of her and the show really proves that she's a very innocent and well mannered individual.

It looks like the PDs matched them well because they seem to get along and their desired characteristics of their significant other was taken into consideration. That's why I'm so excited to see how their relationship will progress.

The only main issue that this couple needs to overcome is the age factor because it does seem like Kim So Yeon is bothered by it (which she shouldn't because she looks so young :D) and of course, the LG Twins vs Doosan Bears but all relationships should have a little competitiveness in it keke.

Though this marriage will only be 100 days, there is the possibility of extending it, but I doubt it because that would acknowledge (?) they do have feelings for another and would like to be in a relationship with each other, possibly? This is just my opinion but I will still hope for it haha :sweatingbullets:.

Sorry for such a long post eeek.

@hellopt It looks like in the first episode Soshi couple is willing to extend beyond 100 days. Hoping the PD will give a chance to this couple if they want to extend and let them do it. But maybe the couple will now pay the rent for the house. Hehehhehe!:sweatingbullets::D

Edited by happymemories09
  • Like 4

@happymemories09

I forget their other nickname is SoShi Couple. It confuses me since SoShi is also what Girls' Generation is called for short (their Korean name is So Nyu Shi Dae and they're often called SNSD or SoShi for short). Because this, I'll only use 2KSY lol 

@LavelyShai I guess we need a new combination pet name for this couple. hahahaha! I forgot it is also use by GG.

• Like 3

It also looks like Kim So Yeon, herself, chose to be on WGM, so no one was pressuring her which is good because I never would have thought a well-established actress such as her would join a variety show like WGM. I'm glad she chose to because I get to see more of her and the show really proves that she's a very innocent and well mannered individual.

It looks like the PDs matched them well because they seem to get along and their desired characteristics of their significant other was taken into consideration. That's why I'm so excited to see how their relationship will progress.

The only main issue that this couple needs to overcome is the age factor because it does seem like Kim So Yeon is bothered by it (which she shouldn't because she looks so young :D) and of course, the LG Twins vs Doosan Bears but all relationships should have a little competitiveness in it keke.

Though this marriage will only be 100 days, there is the possibility of extending it, but I doubt it because that would acknowledge (?) they do have feelings for another and would like to be in a relationship with each other, possibly? This is just my opinion but I will still hope for it haha :sweatingbullets:.

Of course she wanted to be on this show. She is not a newbie actress that an agency can influence to make a decision. She did not need this show for the recognition, for money or for future benefits. She wanted a good experience in this kind of show, and, of course, she might want a positive reaction of the public as well. She said on various occasions in the past that she wanted to be on this show but for some reasons she decline the thought so far. After Real Men, she got more courage and she decided to do it when the producers asked her.

The rivalry on baseball fan-cheering is cute. I really want to see a derby of this two teams and how they will resolve the problem in "their marriage". It is not a real cause of disagreement in a couple but the age difference could be. So Yeon is bothered by this and like in real life, it takes time to diminish the worries. She looks damn fine, she is a gorgeous woman but all her life she heard that her face/voice  does not match with her personality. With the audience obsessed by youthful appearance I don`t wonder she has a sensibility on this issue. Yes, she has a more mature figure but only a blind could not see her beauty. This is another reason that I did not wanted in this show, especially with an younger man. How many times I did read comments about how "old" she seams, that she is not suited for the roles, maybe a younger actress might be better to be paired with the male actors. I still laugh out loud when I read comments like she is looks the mother of her male partners (even Ji Sung was not match for her, Ji Sung`s mother? Really?)

About the short contract, I think it will be just three months. Not because an extension will be an "acknowledge" of their feeling but because she would want to concentrate on her acting career. And I don`t think SoShi couple will be very popular. JMO. But even with a short period, I want for them to have fun.  

After I watch with subtitles... I like how she instantly liked him, even without seeing him because she likes wearing tshirts and training pants. And he realized that she was older when he read about her preferences.

• Like 7

I think this is one of the most interesting, exciting and informative first episode/meeting in WGM. I like how WGM staff included the interview video of asking about their preferences and so on. It's like knowing their preferences and expectations about their partner and connecting it to their first and future episodes if it will happen. It's like knowing little by little if their dreams will come true. Like what Paulo Coelho written - "Important encounters are planned by the souls long before the bodies see each other.":D digging deeper kekekeke :phew:

• Like 4

Annyong! Came here to say hi. I watched their part while waiting for the Preview during luve streaming today and I'm liking what i'm watching. Kim So Yeon is so pretty! And i realised she says 'De' a lot! Her face when he said that he's a 87er is epic! I guess she didn't see that coming. Kwak Si Yang seems to like her tho. His smile during the interview after they revealed her age was so bright! 

And is it just me or Kwak Si Yang looks like EXO Baekhyun? This is my first time seeing him and I noticed the similarities when he smiles. Its like EXO Chanyeol and Baekhyun merged into one person. The height and voice of Chanyeol and face and smile of Baekhyun.

The proposal was so romantic tho. I can't remember if there's any couple who previously did this kind of proposal. And their house reminds me of Alshin couple (alex x shinae from season 1)

The preview make me want to watch more next week! I'm basically just falling in love with Kwak Si Yang image. I mean him wearing the apron and cooking? Also that bliss look when he was watching So Yeon in the kitchen :wub:  the natural hand holding moment is also my fav!

Hehe mian for the ramblings. I'm usually like this when i talk abt a couple that i like

@maybe07 Actually I dont want to comment but I cant help it. Hubbi KSY somehow looks like older Baekhyun with smile of Chanyeol.:w00t:

• Like 3

Kwak Si Yang, Intimate Photo Shoot With EXID's Hani 'Kim So Yeon Is Going To Be Jealous'

By Jackie Chung | September 07, 2015 10:29 PM EDT

Kwak Si Yang & Hani

Actor Kwak Si Yang filmed a couple photo shoot with EXID's member Hani, catching much attention.

"Kwak Si Yang, EXID Hani, Jambangee. Good job photo shoot filming," posted Kwak on his Instagram on the 5th.

In the picture, Kwak and Hani have their foreheads against each other, closing their eyes and posing like an intimate couple. The handsome and beautiful faces matched well with each other, catching much attention.

Kwak is currently appearing in the MBC entertainment program "We Got Married" as a new virtual married couple with Kim So Yeon.

(Photo courtesy of Kwak Si Yang's Instagram) 

I have to laugh at this "article". The man posted two weeks ago a photo from a photo-shot and some people must think So yeon will be jealous? :w00t: No kidding.  

But thinking about photo-shots, I wish  SoShi couple will do one too. He used to model and Soyeon`s pictorials are very good. I want to see their pictures. 

• Like 5

I checked the schedules of the baseball teams. Doosan Bears and LG Twins have a match this month, on September 27th. :w00t:  I am sure the show will not lose this opportunity. If I understand right, the couples will receive a mission each week? I bet one of their missions will be to watch the baseball game together. :w00t: I can`t wait to watch the episode.

• Like 7

I checked the schedules of the baseball teams. Doosan Bears and LG Twins have a match this month, on September 27th. :w00t:  I am sure the show will not lose this opportunity. If I understand right, the couples will receive a mission each week? I bet one of their missions will be to watch the baseball game together. :w00t: I can`t wait to watch the episode.

hahahaha! Nice! Anticipating this episode if ever this will happen..:D

• Like 5

hahahaha! Nice! Anticipating this episode if ever this will happen..:D

I am sure it will happen. If I was the producer/PD (or who makes this show)  I would not miss this. :D

Is people from WGM sponsored to wear product placements?

tumblr_nueuc8BJfh1sdd1ivo1_540.png

The yellow sweater by Paul & Joe Sister

Jewelry

tumblr_nueuc8BJfh1sdd1ivo2_r1_540.png

Watches

tumblr_nueuc8BJfh1sdd1ivo3_r1_540.png

Edited by larus
  • Like 3

@larus Thank you for updating us with information of our 2KSY couple. :) I'm so excited with this news! I really do hope they do go to the baseball game together. I'm so curious to see if they'll sit on L side or D side keke... 

And from what I know, they usually wear sponsored clothing in the show

Oh, I see. If I did not see the Si yang`s watch I wound not asked the question. So yeon was more likely to wear brand clothes.

About the baseball game. I want to see how they`ll managed this "crisis", how they compromise. If I would be in this situation, I will propose that both should cheer the favorite team, wearing the tshirts and all, but the "winner"( the happy one) would comfort the other. He/she should make the other feel better. It would be fun.

• Like 4