[Drama 2015] The Village: Achiara's Secret 마을- 아치아라의 비밀

larus

Guest ororomunroe

Moon Geun Young and Yook Sungjae cast as leads in new SBS drama

2015090201000207300010391_99_20150902085

Article: Moon Geun Young and Yook Sungjae confirmed leads for new SBS drama

Source: Sports Chosun via Naver

1. [+1,334, -226] The male lead is way below the level of the female lead

2. [+1,048, -162] I understand Moon Geun Young being the lead but the male lead is not a supporting but a lead??? What's going on;;

3. [+913, -118] Moon Geun Young and Yook Sungjae... I don't understand if it's Moon Geun Young's level that's gone down or if it's Yook Sungjae's level that's gone up...

4. [+634, -137] I hate stupid fangirls and their double standards. A male idol gets a lead and he deserves it but a female idol gets a lead and she gets sponsor rumors.

5. [+458, -53] Looking forward to the drama for Moon Geun Young

6. [+171, -17] I really liked Yook Sungjae on 'Who Are You' but this doesn't seem right, him getting a lead...? And their ages don't even match up ㅠㅠ

7. [+172, -38] Since when did Moon Geun Young's level drop to be acting with an idol??? Yook Sungjae to Moon Geun Young... seems like they're just casting anyone these days..

8. [+164, -43] Moon Geun Young and Yook Sungjae?? The levels don't match at all. And he's way below her in terms of acting skill too... and their ages don't match..

9. [+150, -39] Really? Matching Yook Sungjae to Moon Geun Young? Isn't that going too far?

10. [+133, -35] Why is he already getting lead roles. He should be working his way up from supporting roles.

Article: Yook Sungjae, the super speed rise of the once supporting role

Source: TV Report via Naver

1. [+1,111, -224] Isn't it too early for him to be leading???

2. [+706, -92] Honestly, I can see why he was offered the role considering he carried 'Who Are You' with Kim So Hyun. Either way, if this drama fails, he'll fall off fast but if it does well, he'll definitely rise in status speedily.

3. [+609, -157] His stupid fangirls are scaring me... they think he can get a rookie award now ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+183, -79] I definitely don't think he's ready for lead yet... I find his smile so off putting and he doesn't even match with Moon Geun Young..

5. [+141, -43] I don't think he's getting this role through company power or anything.. Cube's famous for B2ST and 4minute but they're not powerful enough to get him lead roles like this.

Cr: netizenbuzz

I'm not happy with YSJ being the lead. He's too green for this role. Why isn't KJW the lead?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait wait wait! Isn't Kim Jaewook the main male lead??? What is going on here? I swear if KJW is second lead again I'm going to throw a fit! And the fact that he's a second lead to Yook Sungjae is just not right. Don't get me wrong, YSJ is great. I enjoyed watching him in School 2015 but still KJW is definitely the more experienced one and age-wised he would fit with Moonie more. This is like the most random pairing ever. I know Moonie looks young for her age but still they don't need to get a kid to act with her. It's like Yoon Eunhye and Yoo Seungho all over again. This is like so disappointing since I'm really excited for the reunion of Moonie and KJW and the fact that KJW will get her in the end is what I'm looking forward to the most.

Wait wait wait! Isn't Kim Jaewook the main male lead??? What is going on here? I swear if KJW is second lead again I'm going to throw a fit! And the fact that he's a second lead to Yook Sungjae is just not right. Don't get me wrong, YSJ is great. I enjoyed watching him in School 2015 but still KJW is definitely the more experienced one and age-wised he would fit with Moonie more. This is like the most random pairing ever. I know Moonie looks young for her age but still they don't need to get a kid to act with her. It's like Yoon Eunhye and Yoo Seungho all over again. This is like so disappointing since I'm really excited for the reunion of Moonie and KJW and the fact that KJW will get her in the end is what I'm looking forward to the most.

i agree with you. The article shocked me. Why sungjae? Im sorry for the fan of sungjae, in fact i also like sungjae but it just seems not right. Mgy and sungjae? I know the production want to find a younger actor but this is going to far. There are zea siwan that more fit to pair with mgy i think. Im sorry, im not intend to let the mood down by disagree on this cast but im just too dissapointed. But since sungjae is already confirmed as male lead so just do the best and good luck. Sorry if i hurt sungjae fans here:(

ahhh i m sad wookie isn't the lead :(:(.....but hope this boy will do well...:)

The village Achiara is said to be beautiful and your average, innocent and peaceful village. But then Moon Geun Young's character discovers a corpse that was secretly buried, and she begins to remember her forgotten memories. Together with Sungjae's character, the two try to find out the truth and discover these 'hidden memories'.

getting god gift 14 days vibes.....nah i hope moonie isn't the killer n end up dying in the end :blink:

Guest ororomunroe

Yook Sung Jae to partner Moon Geun Young for ‘The Village: Achiara’s Secret’

VV9kT5b.jpg

The production team for upcoming SBS TV Wed-Thu drama ‘The Village: Achiara’s Secret’ has confirmed that Moon Geun Young and BTOB’s Yook Sung Jae will headline.

Moon Geun Young will play English language teacher Kim So Yoon, who is transferred to the town of Achiara by destiny; Yook Sung Jae plays Park Woo Jae, who finally becomes a policeman in the village after failing his police exams three times. The two will work together in uncovering the secrets that lays hidden in the seemingly peaceful and quiet village.

‘Achiara’ is a pure Korean word that literally means ‘small pond.’ Just as the name suggests, the village in the drama is described to be a peaceful one with very little crime. But that peace is shattered with the discovery of various corpses that were buried a long time ago, on the first day that Kim So Yoon arrives at the village. With the discovery of the corpses, the unusual secrets of the village will slowly come to the surface. Park Woo Jae also wishes to solve the mystery, and thus he joins So Yoon to seek the truth.

The production team revealed that as So Yoon and Woo Jae get closer to the truth, the villagers will also gradually reveal their true faces. But the two are unmoved, and will show their perseverance to the end to uncover the mystery.

The drama is penned by writer Do Hyun Jung of ‘Can Love Become Money’ and ‘Que Sera Sera,’ while PD Lee Yong Seok of ‘Il Ji-Mae: The Phantom Thief,’ ‘Wife Returns,’ and ‘The Great Seer’ will direct. ‘The Village: Achiara’s Secret’ will premiere on October 14th, following ‘Yong Pal’ through SBS TV.

Cr: kpop fighting

Tens of articles were released today but Kim Jae Wook isn't mentioned in any of them. Does this mean he's out? They mention Ohn Joo Wan, Shin Eunkyung, Lee Yeol Eum, Kim Min Jae etc but KJW is nowhere to be seen. I mean he's too big to be left out. I agree that Sung Jae isn't at the level of MGY yet and very young to be paired with her, but I believe he'll suit the character and do well. I was expecting such a reaction from netizens, but we don't know much about their characters, the level of romance etc. Most importantly, the drama is MGY's drama. The plot seems really good so I hope the writing won't disappoint too.

Tens of articles were released today but Kim Jae Wook isn't mentioned in any of them. Does this mean he's out? They mention Ohn Joo Wan, Shin Eunkyung, Lee Yeol Eum, Kim Min Jae etc but KJW is nowhere to be seen. I mean he's too big to be left out. I agree that Sung Jae isn't at the level of MGY yet and very young to be paired with her, but I believe he'll suit the character and do well. I was expecting such a reaction from netizens, but we don't know much about their characters, the level of romance etc. Most importantly, the drama is MGY's drama. The plot seems really good so I hope the writing won't disappoint too.

Well, it`s strange. It was suspicious when they announced that they cast Park Eun Seok as Nam Geon Woo, an art teacher popular among women. That was description for Kim Jae Wook`s character. Even the name was the same. I think Kim Jae Wook will not appear in this drama. I think something did not get well in the negotiations but I don`t understand why they had not announced anything yet.

I am still confused and speechless, I did not expect they throw an idol (no offense to fans) in front of MGY but I can only support them, hope to the drama is going well.:)

BTOB′s Yook Sung Jae's honored to be joining Moon Geun Young !

97404002.jpg

BTOB′s Yook Sung Jae Opens Up About Being Cast in ′The Village′
BTOB′s Yook Sung Jae shared his thoughts on being cast in new SBS drama The Village.

On being cast as Park Woo Jae in The Village, Yook Sung Jae stated through his agency, Cube Entertainment, on September 2, "First, it′s an honor to be able to stand as the lead in a Wednesday-Thursday drama."

He continued, "I was cautious leading up to my decision to appear. I will work hard so that I do not compromise the reputations of Moon Geun Young sunbaenim and the other great actors."

With his start as Sooksookie in Reply 1994 before appearing in Plus Nine Boys, Yook Sung Jae has been active as BTOB′s representative actor idol. He went on to star in KBS′ School 2015 as the rebellious Gong Tae Kwang, and many are curious to see his transformation in the upcoming drama. Most notably cast alongside senior actress Moon Geun Young, many are curious to see what kind of chemistry the two stars will create.

The Village is about a teacher named So Yoon (Moon Geun Young) who begins teaching at a small and peaceful village, where she discovers a body, and a policeman (Yook Sung Jae) who try to uncover the truth.

The drama will be written by Do Hyun Jung, who wrote Que Sera Sera and Can Love Become Money, while Lee Yong Seok of Wife Returns and The Great Seer will direct it. The drama will follow Yong Pal-ie.

Photo credit: Cube Entertainment
cr:enewsworld

Posted by MGY IFC

Im not shocked if kim jae wook withdraw from this drama. His talent seem wasted since he never got a first lead role. 2nd lead role is not so bad but kim jae wook is already good enough to be a lead. I dont know what the production are thinking. I am already can imagine kim jae wook with police uniform on him. It would be so nice rite? So i think he wont be in this drama. :( but im still hoping this drama will get high rating so mgy can recover her reputation back since her previous drama did not doing so well. fighting achiara village!

Well, it`s strange. It was suspicious when they announced that they cast Park Eun Seok as Nam Geon Woo, an art teacher popular among women. That was description for Kim Jae Wook`s character. Even the name was the same. I think Kim Jae Wook will not appear in this drama. I think something did not get well in the negotiations but I don`t understand why they had not announced anything yet.

:tears::tears::tears: whyyyyy??!!! one of KJW chinese fansite did tweet that he's no longer part of this drama...but i was hoping that its not true...:tears::tears: ....if this is true than my gonna flip every single table i found!!:angry::angry: especially my study table!!!!:angry::huh::P

...i was thinking that eventho Sungjae character is the main male lead but he could be just a close little brother to MGY character and have a significant role to the storyline..and wishing that the writer could write something that doesn't necessary require both main lead to have romantic relationship with each other but probably with other character...maybe a side story of MGY romancing KJW instead...hehehehe :P:P:D

p/s: i just read Ms.Koala article and happy that she still mentioned KJW in the drama...and we want MGY to romance KJW instead of Sungjae :D:D

here's the link to the article: Koala's Playground article on The Village

I'm also disappointed with YSJ as the lead... I love him in School 2015 as Taekwang... But he's still too green to be a male lead.. No offense to him and his fans.. (Well probably the production team doesn't have high budget or they choose to spend to money to set/props/village setting, so MGY the only high-profile name, unlike some star-studded dramas like "Heirs")

The funny thing, MGY never once did noona romance before and now she'll going to act opposite Sungjae, 8 years younger than her.. :o:o

I still feel a bit odd to see so much negativity towards Sung Jae...and honestly if Kim jae wook does not have any problem with the role he has got then who are we to object...I don't think cost is the issue here when KJW got the offer firsthand...Maybe we'll know better when the drama team gives more detail on the characters.

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/09/02/kim-jae-wook-declines-the-village-while-oh-joo-won-and-park-eun-seok-join-the-drama/

EDIT: Accoording to koala's news KJW left the drama (even his agency made a statement) but I just checked out the korean news and there's no such thing lol. I don't know where this came from. I think it's best to wait for the official news..

Really? YSJ will be main lead? On favorite slot sbs wed and thurs ?which almost drama will be loved by viewers at that slot? Hahahahahaha.. Mixed feeling about the news. But, since this drama about mistery village, i got feeling maybe This drama doesnt have love line story, eventhought they do, maybe one side love will appear. I dont really like YSJ or KJW (sorry no offense). if this story about mistery, MGY as lead. Is enough for me. No ineed love story in there. I really love God gift 14 days, they did great job without LOVE LINE. Haha.. On other hand, YSJ acting is good as troublemaker. He is idol who loved a lot by his fans, since school 2015. And KJW is good too, at who are you?. And handsome ! Hahaha let see later.also the drama not aired yet. Hahaha

Btw, since this drama will replaced yongpal slot, and i heard a lot korean ppl love "story about high class, rich ppl" the rating could be low or something. i STILL watch, since this drama about mistery, i love mistery drama. and if the drama on air at favorite slot, it should be GREAT drama.  Kekekekekekeeke..

As predicted, unfortunately Kim Jae Wook is out of the drama ... Also Jang Hee Jin has left and she's from the same agency as KJW. Not sure if this has anything to do with their agency... 

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/09/02/kim-jae-wook-declines-the-village-while-oh-joo-won-and-park-eun-seok-join-the-drama/

@bluemoonwhite, Thank you for confirming this sad piece of news.....

For me KJW, was one of the main reason I wanted to watch this drama.   sad leaf

Archived