[Drama 2015/2016] I Have A Lover 애인있어요

irilight

i like this actor too from his previous (old) drama Smile Donghae i think that was

@hibiscus23 That would be Smile, You. He was hilarious in that one.

I'm preparing to start this one, even though the tought of watching a 50 episodes drama is kind of scary. I'll trust the opinion of those here and start watching it tomorrow. As for now I should probably go to sleep. 

@hannahmiriam  Your talking about Ji Chang Wook (aka JCW ) his last drama was healer he has a new movie coming out can't recall the name of it off hand but there's a thread open for it I also liked JCW in Smile Donghae.. The lady that played his mom in SDH also played the mom to the female lead in healer..He's pretty good I rank him in action scenes a 7 he's no LJK that could do his own stunts and always get above a 10 in my book..   We have lots of new and exciting dramas coming out but I have  lover has been on my list to watch since day one.. I'm really enjoying it I'm just patiently waiting for the twins to meet each other .. I'm still skeptical of how they got separated did mom give one child to her dad why she takes the other was the twin lost or kidnap..   

@valsava, don't you know me by now?! ;) I was talking about Lee Kyu Han, who played in Smile, You, Can You Hear My Heart, The Marriage Plot, The Birth of a Family, and whose latest drama was Only Love. In @hibiscus23's original post, there's also a picture of Lee Kyu Han.

I should go watch at least 2 episodes, as I have to go to work soon. I'll see you later.

• Like 6

i like this actor too from his previous (old) drama Smile Donghae i think that was

@hibiscus23 That would be Smile, You. He was hilarious in that one.

I'm preparing to start this one, even though the tought of watching a 50 episodes drama is kind of scary. I'll trust the opinion of those here and start watching it tomorrow. As for now I should probably go to sleep. 

@hannahmiriam  Your talking about Ji Chang Wook (aka JCW ) his last drama was healer he has a new movie coming out can't recall the name of it off hand but there's a thread open for it I also liked JCW in Smile Donghae.. The lady that played his mom in SDH also played the mom to the female lead in healer..He's pretty good I rank him in action scenes a 7 he's no LJK that could do his own stunts and always get above a 10 in my book..   We have lots of new and exciting dramas coming out but I have  lover has been on my list to watch since day one.. I'm really enjoying it I'm just patiently waiting for the twins to meet each other .. I'm still skeptical of how they got separated did mom give one child to her dad why she takes the other was the twin lost or kidnap..   

@valsava, don't you know me by now?! ;) I was talking about Lee Kyu Han, who played in Smile, You, Can You Hear My Heart, The Marriage Plot, The Birth of a Family, and whose latest drama was Only Love. In @hibiscus23's original post, there's also a picture of Lee Kyu Han.

I should go watch at least 2 episodes, as I have to go to work soon. I'll see you later.

@hannahmiriam,  Hi and my bad I think I'll look up who you guy's was talking about.. 

• Like 5

BTW - Does anyone know who was the child actress we saw with Baek Seok? She reminded me of Lee Chae-Mi, sort of.

Exactly! She's Lee Chae-mi, who also played in 'One Warm Word'.

Yes I also remember LCM from One Warm Words playing LSW daughter who grew up very well and pretty.

These comng episodes for this weekend will be very intense to the fact that I can't hardly wait and just loving JJH and KHJ acting as well.

• Like 4

I find it interesting if KSR is after JE for his money and position - while he was attracted to her once he found out her background with the box that was her crib. 

He is attracted to her for being able to overcome the limitations of her birth; which indicates to me, that he likes strong women, as much as HK now seems to richard simmons him off.

@zenya22     I thought that incident with the cicada was chilling.   I have seen many documentaries about wildlife, and creatures whose language we do not understand, and why some insects for example, only live 24 hours, and just about always, the answer is that creation and all creatures are here to experience the life that they have.  To me, HK stepping on that insect, was her way of showing that she does not hesitate to step on weak creatures who are in her way.  And if indeed JE is as weak as many here think he is - it obviously leads me to question,  why did she love him, why does she love him still? Why does she not step on him the way she stepped on that girl, and on that cicada? And most likely - as you pointed out - that was her declaration of entering revenge mode, and her intention to "step on" SR.

@irilight I disagree with the highlighted statement. JE knows nothing about Seol Ri.  He does not like strong women. 

First of all it was never shown in any of the episodes that JE and SR had any conversations about their personal backgrounds and where she came from. (as an aside, I bet HK will find our, smart lawyer she is). He knows that she is a grad student working at the lab and she was granted scholarship. She knows that he is the boss in the lab and son of the owner and married. That is it. He is attracted because he sees her as the girl whom she once loved, the girl whom he thinks is warm and loving and seeks comfort in her. Seol Ri knows nothing about his sorrow. Except for their physical and shallow emotional attraction, there is no other basis for their relationship. He is more to blame than her. He is older and her professor yet irresponsible.

Seol Ri:   She was offered a scholarship to study at Stanford so she must be a smart and outstanding student. Why is she so willing to throw away the chance of a lifetime and her life in exchange to be with a married older man no matter the circumstances? What is the mindset that drives her? Would not any other student given the same opportunity of a scholarship to study abroad grab it even if they had a crush on their professor?

She was a found a newborn in a box and brought to BJS who called the police and sent her to orphanage. She grew up in an orphanage for 10 years then sent to BJS to be raised for 10 more with other children (adopted?) and told to leave after she reached the age of 20 and yet she keeps going back to BJS house bringing gifts for the children. She was then told by BJS not to come back to live her own life and gave her the box she was in when she was born. BJS knew about her scholarship and told her to go have a life. I think BJS was trying to make her independent, not be attached to him and go live a good life. However, for her it probably meant she was being thrown out and she was alone again. Is her determination to be with JE some kind a manifestation of her longing to belong, to be a part of a family? Her attachment to JE is unreasonable. "I will stay with you even if you were in hell". Somehow JE finds that flattering and attractive, it bolsters his ego. How long will they last? No love here between the two of them. Both are very needy people and hers more complicated than his but they don't even know each other well, their needs or expectations.

As for the stepping of the cicadas, I was talking about the character's mindset. She was trying to get his attention because he had withdrawn and it was about life and death, she wanted to talk about it. It was chilling and she should not have done it, I agree but she got her objective. As for the documentary and how you feel about it, I feel the same way. People who are viewing the drama have their own life views. I don't see her or judge her as a cold murderous person. She did not know about SR then when she stepped on the cicada. And when I say that she was in a revenge mode I did not mean to imply that she is cold heartless monster. She is hurting as much or more and she is  holding it together. He is judgmental, depressed and withdrawn. If she wanted her to cry then she should have shown her that he will be there to hold her when she does. He could not because he is into his sorrow and he likes to compare how sorrowful he is more than she is. I don't agree that HK steps on him or on SR because they stepped and pooped on themselves. I understand how HK feels and how she wants revenge because anyone who has been hurt will react the same way unless they are an enlightened saint. It is a human's reaction.. He is more of the richard simmons than her.

"as the saying goes: If you loves someone, let them free. If they belong to you, they'll come back."

For me, that statement is just is so wayward and maybe hurtful if if just thrown to others as such . Will I say that to anyone a friend, a family who is going through a hard time or separation in their marriage? No, I would not.  That statement is very deep than what it just says. If you set someone free and you expect them to come back then you have not set them free,have you? The statement here for me means: For anyone to be able to set anyone free, they have to set themselves free first and it is the hardest thing to do. So as human beings who are erred, we are given these opportunities such as hardships to learn and in this case married couples trials and disagreements leading to a divorce. Relationships and marriages even when in love are like entering into a complicated contract. Each partner must fulfill the other's needs in order to fulfill theirs. Each will learn to be considerate and compassionate with the other. But each commitment will be tested and this is where each partner will find out the strength of their commitment and where they can set themselves free, meaning set their ego and their selfishness, their  "me,me, me " first attitude aside and understand the other. That again is the hardest thing to do. Here both of them are barricading themselves from each other and him more than her. She is trying but it is too late, he already checked out. She is hurt and she reacts with revenge. All these actions will bring lessons to these characters. After all is said and done, each of them will learn the lesson or not  to set themselves and the other free or repeat the lesson again until they learn. I try to understand the characters as presented in the story.

Edited by zenya22
  • Like 6

@valsava i got to epis 3 and yes that young girl i believe is in for a big surprise like you said! now i got the answer why JJH character is quite cold with his wife bcoz of the death of their child right? then there must be a big reason & he seems to be blaming her for the child's death if i make this assumption! (that scene in the bathrm was gross i think that's uncalled for if you'll ask me).

• Like 5

I find it interesting if KSR is after JE for his money and position - while he was attracted to her once he found out her background with the box that was her crib. 

He is attracted to her for being able to overcome the limitations of her birth; which indicates to me, that he likes strong women, as much as HK now seems to richard simmons him off.

@zenya22     I thought that incident with the cicada was chilling.   I have seen many documentaries about wildlife, and creatures whose language we do not understand, and why some insects for example, only live 24 hours, and just about always, the answer is that creation and all creatures are here to experience the life that they have.  To me, HK stepping on that insect, was her way of showing that she does not hesitate to step on weak creatures who are in her way.  And if indeed JE is as weak as many here think he is - it obviously leads me to question,  why did she love him, why does she love him still? Why does she not step on him the way she stepped on that girl, and on that cicada? And most likely - as you pointed out - that was her declaration of entering revenge mode, and her intention to "step on" SR.

@irilight I disagree with the highlighted statement. JE knows nothing about Seol Ri.  He does not like strong women. 

First of all it was never shown in any of the episodes that JE and SR had any conversations about their personal backgrounds and where she came from. (as an aside, I bet HK will find our, smart lawyer she is). He knows that she is a grad student working at the lab and she was granted scholarship. She knows that he is the boss in the lab and son of the owner and married. That is it. He is attracted because he sees her as the girl whom she once loved, the girl whom he thinks is warm and loving and seeks comfort in her. Seol Ri knows nothing about his sorrow. Except for their physical and shallow emotional attraction, there is no other basis for their relationship. He is more to blame than her. He is older and her professor yet irresponsible.

Seol Ri:   She was offered a scholarship to study at Stanford so she must be a smart and outstanding student. Why is she so willing to throw away the chance of a lifetime and her life in exchange to be with a married older man no matter the circumstances? What is the mindset that drives her? Would not any other student given the same opportunity of a scholarship to study abroad grab it even if they had a crush on their professor?

She was a found a newborn in a box and brought to BJS who called the police and sent her to orphanage. She grew up in an orphanage for 10 years then sent to BJS to be raised for 10 more with other children (adopted?) and told to leave after she reached the age of 20 and yet she keeps going back to BJS house bringing gifts for the children. She was then told by BJS not to come back to live her own life and gave her the box she was in when she was born. BJS knew about her scholarship and told her to go have a life. I think BJS was trying to make her independent, not be attached to him and go live a good life. However, for her it probably meant she was being thrown out and she was alone again. Is her determination to be with JE some kind a manifestation of her longing to belong, to be a part of a family? Her attachment to JE is unreasonable. "I will stay with you even if you were in hell". Somehow JE finds that flattering and attractive, it bolsters his ego. How long will they last? No love here between the two of them. Both are very needy people and hers more complicated than his but they don't even know each other well, their needs or expectations.

As for the stepping of the cicadas, I was talking about the character's mindset. She was trying to get his attention because he had withdrawn and it was about life and death, she wanted to talk about it. It was chilling and she should not have done it, I agree but she got her objective. As for the documentary and how you feel about it, I feel the same way. People who are viewing the drama have their own life views. I don't see her or judge her as a cold murderous person. She did not know about SR then when she stepped on the cicada. And when I say that she was in a revenge mode I did not mean to imply that she is cold heartless monster. She is hurting as much or more and she is  holding it together. He is judgmental, depressed and withdrawn. If she wanted her to cry then she should have shown her that he will be there to hold her when she does. He could not because he is into his sorrow and he likes to compare how sorrowful he is more than she is. I don't agree that HK steps on him or on SR because they stepped and pooped on themselves. I understand how HK feels and how she wants revenge because anyone who has been hurt will react the same way unless they are an enlightened saint. It is a human's reaction.. He is more of the richard simmons than her.

"as the saying goes: If you loves someone, let them free. If they belong to you, they'll come back."

For me, that statement is just is so wayward and maybe hurtful if if just thrown to others as such . Will I say that to anyone a friend, a family who is going through a hard time or separation in their marriage? No, I would not.  That statement is very deep than what it just says. If you set someone free and you expect them to come back then you have not set them free,have you? The statement here for me means: For anyone to be able to set anyone free, they have to set themselves free first and it is the hardest thing to do. So as human beings who are erred, we are given these opportunities such as hardships to learn and in this case married couples trials and disagreements leading to a divorce. Relationships and marriages even when in love are like entering into a complicated contract. Each partner must fulfill the other's needs in order to fulfill theirs. Each will learn to be considerate and compassionate with the other. But each commitment will be tested and this is where each partner will find out the strength of their commitment and where they can set themselves free, meaning set their ego and their selfishness, their  "me,me, me " first attitude aside and understand the other. That again is the hardest thing to do. Here both of them are barricading themselves from each other and him more than her. She is trying but it is too late, he already checked out. She is hurt and she reacts with revenge. All these actions will bring lessons to these characters. After all is said and done, each of them will learn the lesson or not  to set themselves and the other free or repeat the lesson again until they learn. I try to understand the characters as presented in the story.

@zenya22,  I agree  with you she knows he hates strong women you think sh hasn't done her home work before trying to seduce him come on we all women and it's no way e will be around in shoe that the soles are coming off  of and in college to she did this because she wanted herself to come off look weak vulnerable and poor.. SR is scheming calculative and a manipulator   

• Like 6

I have just completed watching ep 3 and 4. LOVING IHAL! So thought provoking and what a joy to watch the excellent portrayals by pros like JJH, KHJ, PHB, KC, NYH, GHJ, BJW....JJANG!

Like many here, the triangle r'ship between HK/JE/SR is frustrating and JE makes me mad for his emotional cruelty to HK and for his weak resolve. JE knows very well he has become an immoral and bad man the minute he lied to HK about working when he wasn't.. Even though JE and SR did not jump into bed already, they have certainly already crossed the line. SR too is well aware but as she declared to JE, if it is with him, she'd even meet him in hell. SMH. The JE/HK marriage is over and done with. 

For HK, I wonder about the reason for her silence and inaction. Why did she choose not to confront the pair of adulterers inside the apt, just a few steps away? A tangled mess so far as I can see. I wonder what HK is up to, trying to buy a 4-month delay to their legal divorce, and inviting her mom Gyu Nam into the house.

Interesting bit on the play on a baby's name and how baby will turn out. Asians tend to believe that giving a baby a suitable and desirable name, from the sound of it to the combination and stroke count of its character/hanja, will set a good start point in baby's life, We hear Gyu Nam lamenting having changed Hae Kang's name from its original one - Wen Ki where 'wen' means warm and gentle (while in the case of Yong Ki, 'yong' means bold and courageous which incidentally co-relates to a courageous Yong Ki trying to expose the clinical cover-up of the signature stomach meds from the Choi fam's biz, Millennium Pharmaceutical Company. 

P.S i see a lot of ppl saying they need more of a background to understand why JE and HK's relationship is so bad, but i think the writer did a great of job of explaining why. Losing a child a child changes a couple and especially when that couple chooses to grieve differently. One wants to forget and the other wants the memory of that child to live on. One wants to essentially "replace" they child they lost with a new baby and the other simply is not ready to give love to another child. And these unspoken differences and HK need to get to the top, because throwing yourself in your work is often easier and safer to face that the trouble of your life have driven this couple apart. Sometimes it that simpl. 

No, i do understand why they're so bad...but i'm somehow more pissed at him (even without that young girl) then her...so i seek for their past maybe that would justify him a little bit in my eyes...coz i see he's deep wound

You can't replace a child believe me...there is just a wish to go on...or not...and you can't live in the past no matter how hard it is

I wonder will JE talk about his daughter to SR...and for how long she'll be willing to listen

Quite like @zagigirl, it's not that I don't understand why JE's and HK's marriage is on the rocks. Losing a beloved only child is one major factor indeed. 

From a personal perch, just like my eldest sister and her hubby who lost a precious son who was about to enter college. But due to an inexplicable accident with inconclusive finding, their otherwise blissful and blessed lives turned topsy turvy overnight. They both grief in their own ways, and they are both never the same ever since. But, instead of separating and divorcing since their marriage was already bursting at the seams prior to the death, the grief and continued grieving actually brought them back together, closer than ever. When before they hardly have much to say to each other, now, they have a lot in common to talk about. And not just about sad things about their late son, but fond memories. I guess that's one cathartic way for them to mutually comfort one another, on a subject that is so near and dear in their hearts.

JE and HK just couldn't do that. In contrast to JE and HK, just the opposite has happened and is happening. From a couple who were 'dying' with mutual love, who defied parental and familial objection to get to where they are today i.e. married with a kid, that has got to say a lot about the mutual depth of emotions and the mutual understanding they have, in each other as well as in them as a couple. Remember too that this couple has a long tenure since high school. With all the above in mind, why the deterioration that's so bad and so seemingly irreconcilable,, leading to a complete breakdown in communication and an impending divorce? No doubt a child's death is a huge hit, but is that the only reason? Or were there cracks in the marriage and in their relationship before the child's death? Why isn't their long road to love and togetherness enough to survive the hit and the cracks?

That leads me to wonder....there's gotta be more than meets the eye, and more than viewers have been shown of what happened and why things happened. Either that or I am prob over-analyzing. And if so, then it's my bad. 

That preview vid to ep 5, geez, what's HK up to? kneeling in front of SR begging for the return of her hubby who has already gone astray, and whose heart has already taken flight and landed on another woman's. Is it really love or there's more to HK's motive? 

Nevertheless, I'm dying with curiosity and more than eager and ready for this week's eps

---------

Love the discussion that's going on here in this thread. Awesome insights from everyone. THANK YOU ALL :)  And for all updates too :) 

Wonder how did they get the info that HK died since YK had her car and ID. Would YK have some accident too? or YK just throws HK's car and ID away?

@LHCRN Good question there. I'm afraid that paints a pic where YK may have an accident and died. (oh no!) That's the only way HK would have been confirmed and certified dead. As for YK's car that fell into the lake, BS or HK as YK prob reported the accident, and hence HK is thought to be YK, with BS confirming HK's mistaken ID as such. But, what about halmoni? Surely she can tell the difference in vibe and aura? So curious.

@hibiscus23 LOL chingu we meet again. There's @valsava @suchadiva42 @irilight @ororomunroe @viyra and @moi LOL, a mini-gathering of MAWCs. If you're still sitting on the fence about watching, jump in already. As @zenya22  posted, the more the merrier..hehe. This drama's plot is so intriguing and the cast is made up of seasoned acting pros, esp the main 4 being a big draw....hehe. 

I find it interesting if KSR is after JE for his money and position - while he was attracted to her once he found out her background with the box that was her crib. 

@irilight As seen in ep 4, where SR was having their first breakfast together in her apt, she told JE she has to go to work soon and will leave first. He asked her where and she told him at Millennium. JE looked surprised but didn't go on to divulge that is his fam biz. So, I don't think SR knows the fam bg of JE and he didn't offer to tell her yet either.

never shown in any of the episodes that JE and SR had any conversations about their personal backgrounds and where she came from. (as an aside, I bet HK will find our, smart lawyer she is). He knows that she is a grad student working at the lab and she was granted scholarship. She knows that he is the boss in the lab and son of the owner and married. ..

...I think BJS was trying to make her independent, not be attached to him and go live a good life. However, for her it probably meant she was being thrown out and she was alone again...

@zenya22 As stated in my reply above to @irilight, SR doesn't know JE"s fam bg. Yes, all she knows is he is her hardworking and attractive boss who is a married man. As for SR and BJS. he has told her why he doesn't want SR hanging around him and the kids. He didn't want to burden SR with having to raise those kids as well, nor tie her down with the burden whereby her 'worthiness for marriage' will be impacted. But SR doesn't mind one bit. I believe she knows she isn't being thrown out. She wants to help her benefactor BJS raise those kids whom she too has grown attached to. In which case, it does show SR has had an unfortunate childhood and she knows gratitude, and has a warm side to her as well, not just a husband-snatcher-cum-home-wrecker (SMH. Still not right even if her childhood was tough). I too believe SR craves love and belonging, but not just with anyone. Cos if that were the case, she'd have gone with the other boss in the lab who obviously likes SR, who's been dropping a couple of hints and offers of marriage. SR is attracted to JE for a long time and have had a crush on him for a long time. Now, it's all come to the surface and she's confronting her attraction with a confession, and now she knows her affection is no longer one-sided.    

@valsava i got to epis 3 and yes that young girl i believe is in for a big surprise like you said! now i got the answer why JJH character is quite cold with his wife bcoz of the death of their child right? then there must be a big reason & he seems to be blaming her for the child's death if i make this assumption! (that scene in the bathrm was gross i think that's uncalled for if you'll ask me).

@hibiscus23 LOL I actually agree that scene was gross! Coming from HK, that just seems so foolishly petty, and so unlike her smart-kickazz persona. YUCKS!:vicx:

PS: Oh boy, I don't quite like this 'auto merging' function in soompi. It makes the post that much longer...biyane peeps :( 

Edited by jadecloud
  • Like 6

@jadecloud yes that was really gross i think (my opinion though this is fiction) no matter how i hate someone i can never make myself do that it may be easier said than done but no i can't! she's actually doing herself a disservice she who once became one with her husband & sure enough i wld hate him for being unfaithful to me for example but that was gross, her husb can contract major disease of sorts esp t/brush & drinking from the juice? yayyy i really wasn't able to fathom that scene but it was too late for me to skip it! :)

chingus i only made it to epi 3 so let me continue tonight & give u my 2 cents on this drama! :) hv a gr8 day/nite everybody!

p.s. yeah i agree the merging process here makes the postings longer :)

TTYL

• Like 6

its character/hanja, will set a good start point in baby's life, We hear Gyu Nam lamenting having changed Hae Kang's name from its original one - Wen Ki where 'wen' means warm and gentle (while in the case of Yong Ki, 'yong' means bold and courageous which incidentally co-relates to a courageous Yong Ki trying to expose the clinical cover-up of the signature stomach meds from the Choi fam's biz, Millennium Pharmaceutical Company.

That leads me to wonder....there's gotta be more than meets the eye, and more than viewers have been shown of what happened and why things happened. Either that or I am prob over-analyzing. And if so, then it's my bad. 

That preview vid to ep 5, geez, what's HK up to? kneeling in front of SR begging for the return of her hubby who has already gone astray, and whose heart has already taken flight and landed on another woman's. Is it really love or there's more to HK's motive?

@zenya22 As stated in my reply above to @irilight, SR doesn't know JE"s fam bg. Yes, all she knows is he is her hardworking and attractive boss who is a married man. As for SR and BJS. he has told her why he doesn't want SR hanging around him and the kids. He didn't want to burden SR with having to raise those kids as well, nor tie her down with the burden whereby her 'worthiness for marriage' will be impacted. But SR doesn't mind one bit. I believe she knows she isn't being thrown out. She wants to help her benefactor BJS raise those kids whom she too has grown attached to. In which case, it does show SR has had an unfortunate childhood and she knows gratitude, and has a warm side to her as well, not just a husband-snatcher-cum-home-wrecker (SMH. Still not right even if her childhood was tough). I too believe SR craves love and belonging, but not just with anyone. Cos if that were the case, she'd have gone with the other boss in the lab who obviously likes SR, who's been dropping a couple of hints and offers of marriage. SR is attracted to JE for a long time and have had a crush on him for a long time. Now, it's all come to the surface and she's confronting her attraction with a confession, and now she knows her affection is no longer one-sided.  

@jadecloud  yes that was interesting about the name but I wonder why she changed it. And as I said in my earlier post, there is so much backstory to be told which will be factors in the deterioration of the marriage and has something to do with the relationships and back story of the family members. If this is anything like Scandal it will be complicated.

As for SR, I agree that she probably wanted to help raise the kids and help her adoptive dad. However, in Asia especially SK family, blood ties, patriachal origin and family tree are valued and considered important, it must affect her psychologically to be told not to visit even if she knows her adoptive dad wanted the best for her. Dad wanted her to pursue her scholarship. She fell in attraction with JE and mistook it for love. There is a big difference between love and fatal attraction. Of course there has to be attraction first but getting to know each other and accepting each other as they are is part of falling in love. She confesses her attraction which she thinks is love and he responds knowing that it may not be the right for her is just disastrous. Yes they have feelings, sexual attraction but love, no, she is so young, she is needy and he is taking advantage of her. Saying that she wants to be with him even if he is in hell is said in a moment of pure feeling with no reasoning, says how needy she is,  something that she will regret one day. He will throw it in her face one day. "Did you not say you will come to hell with me?" Needy, needy needy

I am not too sure that she does not know who he is. She is smart has a computer a phone or has a computer at work, she is interested in him, hmmmmmmmm, would she not do research. She knows

Edited by zenya22
  • Like 7

@jadecloud yes that was really gross i think (my opinion though this is fiction) no matter how i hate someone i can never make myself do that it may be easier said than done but no i can't! she's actually doing herself a disservice she who once became one with her husband & sure enough i wld hate him for being unfaithful to me for example but that was gross, her husb can contract major disease of sorts esp t/brush & drinking from the juice? yayyy i really wasn't able to fathom that scene but it was too late for me to skip it! :)

chingus i only made it to epi 3 so let me continue tonight & give u my 2 cents on this drama! :) hv a gr8 day/nite everybody!

TTYL

@hibiscus23 Oh no. Gross acts like the one HK did with the toilet water...they do exist in real life. I've been told of various similar incidents with restaurant service staff and airline service staff who were PO with their unruly and unreasonable 'customers'. Although I haven't heard of any such acts by family members, much less from sig other. Hehe...gross!

• Like 7

TTYL

@hibiscus23 Oh no. Gross acts like the one HK did with the toilet water...they do exist in real life. I've been told of various similar incidents with restaurant service staff and airline service staff who were PO with their unruly and unreasonable 'customers'. Although I haven't heard of any such acts by family members, much less from sig other. Hehe...gross!

Right even the most intelligent and most rational when they get hurt can become irrational. You hurt me, I hurt you. Especially when it seemed that he was the only anchor she had before the death of their child and now she is losing him. For her the betrayal is unforgivable. Not only the teeming bacteria in the toothbrush and the water but the chemicals used to clean the toilet are corrosive and harmful and she just cleaned the toilet. The toothbrush has bacteria and the water has cleaning chemicals. Husband did get sick. I am wondering if she will bring him to a hospital. Since this is a drama I expect that they will make her use her brains to go Lucrecia who was said to be very beautiful, smart but venomous. I hope they will not prolong this and she goes into an accident and loose her memory soon.

• Like 6

The majority of my favorite dramas for the summer are over or coming to a conclusion and I am looking for another good drama to watch.  I am a little confused by the synopsis, Did Hae-Gang die or just lose her memory? Where does the twin sister come into play, is there really a twin sister?  I know that it is early in the series and perhaps you do not know, but if you can, please help me out.

Should I bother to watch this drama?  Although, I don't like men who cheat on their wives in real life, in a drama, it is not necessarily a game changer.  Should I invest 50 episodes on this drama?

@Carmarie Welcome :) 

Did you watch Lifetime's movie 'The Good Sister'? In that movie, the husband was having an affair with the long-lost twin sister, but the shocker was there was no twin sister. She was entirely fictitious, made up by the wife. LOL. Initially, I thought there really was no twin sister...

But KHJ took on this drama for its dual role challenge. And as seen from ep 1, there are a pair of twin sisters, and apparently they are identical twins.

Hae Kang didn't die from the accident. She lost all her memories prior to the accident. I suppose she suffered from Retrograde Amnesia(RA) since she later recovered her lost memories.

As to whether you should invest time to watch it, I'd say yes, if you can spare the time, for the awesome cast and the excellence in their acting, if not for the interesting plot. From the little that is known, the plot looks pretty intriguing. No doubt the infidelity is a glaring negative to most, and no doubt this being a kdrama, makjang may befall us as the plot develops, I think it is still a good watch. Likely a very melo one too. 

----------

@nevill That's true. I agree with you... as a lawyer, Hae Kang has to do whatever she can to win for her client. I thought she was too calm and collected, actually pretty impassive and emotionless when poor Lee landed dead right in front of her, just like @valsava stated. I mean, LOL look at the contrast in reaction between HK and BIL TS:blink:

Thank you for the explanation. I watched episode #1; however, I decided two watch two "feel good" dramas, The Eccentric Daughter-in-Law and All About My Mom" before I tackle this one.  Ji Jin Hee is one of my favorite actors; therefore, I am hoping I will like this drama. I was pleasantly surprised and loved "My Love Eun Dong," "Mask", and "I Heard It Through the Grape Vine."  I hope this drama lives up to or surpass those dramas. I have enjoyed many of the releases this year, starting with Kill Me Heal Me. Great year so far.

• Like 5

@jadecloud or @zenya22 yes chingus likewise i heard gross stuff in the news about resto staff spitting in your food bcoz they recall one did not lv them a good tips but fam members like u said sig others? LOL yikes right? hehehe gross to da max - LOL i dunno who's msg i need to reply to this soompi sometimes get me confused hahaha sorry but either one of you i guess i'm responding to that gross stuff!

also about that young girl i think it's infatuation do you guys think?

• Like 5

@zenya22   Thank you for your corrections.   I was referring to the conversation JE had with SR the first time he was in her place. He made some remarks about the cardboard box, - something to the effect that it's old and  she needs to throw it away - and she answered that this was her crib, she was found in it. He gave her such a look when he heard that, and his attitude towards her seemed to have changed after that. He does know about her scholarship offer - we saw him telling her she needs to take it because it is a chance in a lifetime. In his mind - I thought - was something to the effect that this girl had overcome the limitations of her birth to be the smart kid he knows, who also got invitation to Stanford. I thought he sort of liked her before, but not seriously; She was just a kid who was infatuated with him, and maybe that flattered him on some level. But after he found out she was found in that box, he started to respond to her emotionally.

For me, that statement is just is so wayward and maybe hurtful if if just thrown to others as such . Will I say that to anyone a friend, a family who is going through a hard time or separation in their marriage? No, I would not. 

I would not, either. But ironically, based on what we are told about this drama, this is what ended up happening. And I totally agree with you, that part of setting someone else free - totally without expectations - is to be free of attachment to the result. There is a saying "Bless him and Release him" - that is what I meant. And I do know it is a hard hard thing to do. It is a process - not something or a mindset that can happen over-night.

I understand what you and just about everyone here say - that HK barely holds herself together with her pain. Still, it is very hard for me to relate to her with her level of nastiness, let alone - like her.  Relationship and marriage certainly is based on trust - and these two show that they are no longer trustworthy to each other. Just as HK follows him, and want to see him reject SR's advances, and is relieved when initially he does - so does he not expecting to drink lemon water that came from the toilet. (yes, @hibiscus23  I too, found it gross)   Also, in a marriage there is a level of support for each other, and sharing.  I don't know if what JE wanted - as you stated for HK to have comforted him. But in my mind - she has also "left that marriage" when she built all those walls around her - being detached and unresponsive. Marriage is about sharing, the good and the bad, the joy and the sadness. She is not there to share with him her sadness - which is what I believe he wanted. I do agree with you, that she is now trying - in her own way, but it is too late.

@jadecloud    Thank you for insights about the kids names. And thank you for sharing the personal story about your sister, and her loss, and how in her case, the marriage became stronger. That is what I meant, about HK not sharing, but choosing to effectively withdraw from her marriage.  I do believe that while JE was the first to physically withdraw with his infidelity, HK was the first to emotionally withdraw with her walls.  Now she regrets and reaches out to him, but it is too late.  Why did she do it originally and what did she expect his reaction to be, or better yet - what had she hoped his reaction to be? I don't know. Just to ignore her walls, and take her into his arms, and soften her up until she cries, possibly.  But he was too much into his own pain to notice, maybe. I also love your questions, and were there cracks in the marriage before the child's death. 

@zenya22   We do not know how many advances SR had made to JE before he started to respond. My guess - just as we do not know much more about JE/HK marriage, and SR, there probably were many more advances from SR to JE. He did not wake up one day and decide to give her shoes. It came from some level of comfort with each other already. I do agree with you - it is going to be complicated.

@jadecloud , @hibiscus23    You heard before of gross acts like this!   I was shocked...!  I could not imagine doing something like this to anyone, let alone someone I love or used to love    Smiley

‘애인있어요’ 김현주-박한별 / 아이윌미디어

source

• Like 7

First of all it was never shown in any of the episodes that JE and SR had any conversations about their personal backgrounds and where she came from. (as an aside, I bet HK will find our, smart lawyer she is). He knows that she is a grad student working at the lab and she was granted scholarship. She knows that he is the boss in the lab and son of the owner and married. That is it. He is attracted because he sees her as the girl whom she once loved, the girl whom he thinks is warm and loving and seeks comfort in her.

Yes they have feelings, sexual attraction but love, no, she is                                                         so young, she is needy and he is taking advantage of her.

Apart from the points mentioned above, Jin-eon also knows that Seol-ri is an orphan.
He sees the adverse conditions she lives under.
He is aware of her taking any sort of job, including washing corpses and cleaning up crime scenes.
She probably has some savings, yet she lives rather modestly.
With her looks, she might have been able to choose a "better life" for herself, yet she prefers to go towards her aim while staying truthful to her principles. 
What's important is she's not afraid of work. 
The queen of work indeed, as stated in the character description.
And despite her not so easy life, she still manages to retain vivacity  and beam optimism, which takes a mentally strong person to do.
I guess this is what @irilight meant talking about a strong woman.

As for Jin-eon, I can't say he is taking advantage of Seol-ri. If it'd been so, he wouldn't have stopped her when she was ready to strip herself naked before him, but would have taken the chance to spend the night with her.

Edited by ayselluna
  • Like 6

finally gotten around to watching ep 1 and find it both confusing and intriguing. it seems like the drama is mostly going to be focusing on HK because we don't really get to learn much about YG, the other twin sister. how does HK manage to assume YG's identity and not have anyone recognize her? does YG not have a family? she is just pregnant by herself? for some odd reason, am wondering whether JE will fall in love with YG or think that the child is his because of some drunken one-night stand before the divorce???... will it be one of those twin swap situation stories where they swap lives, men and everything?

• Like 6

@ayselluna, thank you. Very well put indeed.

And despite her not so easy life, she still manages to retain vivacity  and beam optimism, which takes a mentally strong person to do.

Often we find people with hard background like hers to be so full of self pity and/or bitterness towards society.  SR does not exhibit any of these.  I love your description. And my guess is, that is one of her attractions to Jin-Eon.

@Lmangla, fasten your sit-belt, friend. Many of your questions will be answered in the following episodes.

So glad you are joining us!

0902애인_김현주불꽃따귀

source

Edited by irilight
  • Like 5