[Drama 2015/2016] I Have A Lover 애인있어요

irilight

yes we do - i tried to watch without subs but really my korean is very limited - i wish i de have a bubble fish i could put in my ear  

I wish I could make use of that babel fish too:)

Edited by ayselluna
  • Like 6

Hae Gang seems cold and unfeeling but it is only a façade. She has a hard time living with her condescending in-laws, she is the main support of her mother and is the brace supporting her crumbled husband and marriage and hides her grief for the death of her child. She is so tense but bravely holding up herself and her dignity. The one person she can depend on pushed her away. She feels that there is no one who will care if she ever lets go of her self-control. She erected shields around herself to buoy her up and give the appearance that she is strong. As someone had mentioned, work is the place where she diverts all her efforts and where she can find respect. Her husband demands of her to cry, but how can she?

A guy close friend told me once about himself and his girl and crying. She was like HG in a way, successful professionally but someone who because of her past was not so forthcoming of her feelings. To make the story short they had a fight at a restaurant and she turned silent while he was demanding her to talk. He took her home to her place and he walked out but left the door ajar thinking she was going to follow and close the door. While he was at the elevator he did not hear the door close so he turned around saw the door ajar. He then went back and he saw her standing where he left her trying to hold herself together from not breaking that she looked so vulnerable. He said that image of her aroused all his protective instincts and he went to hold her, just holding her softly laying her head on his shoulders and she broke down. She cried to the point where he had to carry her to a chair and just kept holding. No words were said and it was the start of the openness between them. She just needed to know that she could trust him.

In short, the man who will let/allow Hae Kang to cry to her hearts content, the man who will earn her trust will be the man who will win her heart.

In my view, it is not going to be Jin Eun. The man got stuck in the past at the time of his daughter’s death and his grief. He does not like the changes in the woman he first married and loved so he looks for someone who will fit the image of that woman in his mind. But if the woman does not fulfill his expectations, then he moves again back to the woman he left his “dead” and now alive wife. What if his seemingly fixed image of an ideal woman is not met again by the dead and now alive wife, what then? The man is not just wavering he is leaping to and fro.

For now I am rooting for Baek Suk who seems to be the better man for her. He looks like a standup guy and a realist not a wavering dreamer. Unless Jin Eun will do something so fantastic, I don’t know what, to redeem himself.

Edited by zenya22
  • Like 12

Yay! Ep.1 is at 95% and Ep.2 is at 96% on Viki:D Time to run off and watch the episodes. See y'all later.

@kehinde    Thank you very much...   Heading there tonight.

BTW, Viki has been promoting this series. By now they already have over 5,000 followers for this series! I hope this will bring additional subbers so they can be faster as we move on.

Ji Jin-Hee shows "I have a Lover" car sticker.

Embedded image permalink

• Like 5

I may be a very basic person and for that reason I dislike Jin Uhn and do not think a person like him can redeem, such people eventually become more malignant or even end up sinking to commit suicide. It is likely also that I still maintain this feeling of distaste for the actor (evil vampire) from the drama Blood : p

• Like 4

I may be a very basic person and for that reason I dislike Jin Uhn and do not think a person like him can redeem, such people eventually become more malignant or even end up sinking to commit suicide. It is likely also that I still maintain this feeling of distaste for the actor (evil vampire) from the drama Blood : p

Your not basic at all, that's a very real human thing to feel about someone who steps out on their marriage. The only way i see them fixing him is to give us a good amount of back story oh HK and JE as individuals, it's too early for me to say his character is irredeemable.

Edited by ObessiveComplusive
  • Like 3

How are the other dramas in this time slot doing in the ratings? Is the MBC weekend drama in the same time slot as this one? I'm just wondering since it's 50 episodes and don't want the too low ratings. I have a lot of hope for this drama because it stars JJH and KHJ but they really really have to pick up the drama more and give us more backstory. But from what I see in terms of promos, it doesn't seem like they are headed in that direction at all. It feels like they are pushing the SR-JE onto us, no? Maybe it's just the only stills I have seen and not the totality of their promos. I'm not too worried or anything but I would prefer to actually enjoy the drama and keep moving the thread along. 

Edited by junkietiger14
  • Like 4

so i watched the first untill the trial and i had to stop - the ep is not 100% subs so maybe i misunderstood but was the woman persecuted for having an abortion? is it illegal in korea to have abortions?

i was a bit upset so i came right here to see if i understood correctly the trial

Edited by nevill
  • Like 4

so i watched the first untill the trial and i had to stop - the ep is not 100% subs so maybe i misunderstood but was the woman persecuted for having an abortion? is it illegal in korea to have abortions?

i was a bit upset so i came right here to see if i understood correctly the trial

@nevill,  Thanks for this bit of info I plan to spend today watching dramas that have finally been fully sub so that's what the case was about what's wrong with her mot wanting to keep a child by a married man.. 

• Like 4

@nevill,  Thanks for this bit of info I plan to spend today watching dramas that have finally been fully sub so that's what the case was about what's wrong with her mot wanting to keep a child by a married man.. 

i see - thanx, so ill continue watching now 

and meet you here after

• Like 3

@valsava @nevill 

Chingus, that court trial wasn't about the legality of abortion. It was a case against the manufacturer of the product for misrepresenting its label (of using natural ingredients only), causing a miscarriage, and making a young 25 yo infertile for life. 

What happened was a young lady Lee who was pregnant, took some OTC digestive medicine for her gastric pain and suffered a miscarriage. The meds - Theracoat from Millennium Pharmaceutical Company - which was represented by their legal counsel, Hae Kang, who allegedly accused the young lady Lee for using theracoat to induce miscarriage, not that it caused her miscarriage. And then Hae Kang cited Lee has had 3 miscarriages in total. Lee adamantly denied she was trying to abort her baby, and appealed to her bf/hubby who was sitting in on the trial. (Not sure of the status of that man. Don't think it was mentioned).

Hae Kang supported her claim by citing some past cases on the internet which she said proved that Lee ought to have known that Theracoat digestive medicine, (supposedly) a natural ingredient medicine for tummy/digestive issues can cause miscarriage if consumed by a pregnant woman. Hae Kang won the case and the suit was quashed. We found out later during BIL and HG's convo, that it was HG who manipulated data and historical incidents to win the case.

So ruthless and unfeeling Hae Kang was. At one point during the trial, Hae Kang gave Lee a sideway glance, and it felt like she was seemingly sneering at young Lady Lee for daring to be pregnant when she herself has lost her child. 

• Like 8

@jadecloud thank you for the info. Did you notice that Seol Ri was taking some medicine as well at the coffee shop when HK entered the shop?? would it be the digestive medicine as well, which caused her cant have any baby later when she married JE????

btw after watching ep 2 with sub, brother-in-law mentioned that HK was one of those who killed Gong Ki's lover. Also from the sbs highlight you see brother-in-law kidnapped Yong Ki?? will he realize that YongGi looks like HK?? remember Mommy said before when she was looking at the picture that she would find Yong Ki because of her unnie, which means they look like each other.