[Drama 2015/2016] I Have A Lover 애인있어요

irilight

@jadecloud thank you for posting all the scenes of JE and HK. It's nice to see how much they love each other and how they have been able to rebuild little by little their relationship. If it wasn't for JE's father they would have been together now :tears:

I agree with all of you. I don't feel any symphaty for TS if he is doing all of this because he wants to take revenge against JE's father. He has not realized that he is also a monster because he is hurting innocent people and becase of that he is no different from the people who hurt him in the past. 

• Like 12

Saturday ---January 23, 2016 ---Afternoon.

Went to sleep after "Live IHAL" ---Woke up later to "BLIZZARD OF 2016" !   :o   :w00t:   :rolleyes:

BBB ---->>>  "Blessed, But Bored"!  Sums up my lucky personal experience of this "blizzard' (meets the official Weather Bureau's definition, apparently).      I live in a really "blessed" geographic area.  All the horrors of "coastal flooding"? At least an hour drive to the East. And the worst "band of snowfall'? To the West of Philadelphia, just across the Delaware River. Average snowfall in my neighborhood? 12'' to 17'', with drifts due to high winds.  People cross-country skiing in center city!  And 400 to 500 folks sledding down the famous steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.  WOW.  A little "info. blurb" about one reason those steps are "famous" or is it "infamous"? The "Rocky" series of movies

Spoiler

1)  http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/entertainment/the-scene/Sylvester-Stallone-Art-Museum-Steps-Philadelphia-Rocky-341726312.html    30 years later & another Rocky movie?  "Creed". Also, the TV news video in the article has video coverage of the blizzard now

2)   Video clip from the movie ("Rocky" Movies --- I, II, & III) ---Famous "Training Runs" thru streets of Philadelphia, all combined, I think. A fun article --- How reality vs Film Craft plays out!--- See the video within the article:  http://www.phillymag.com/news/2013/09/18/rocky-training-run-rocky-ii/                                                        

3)    Map of Philadelphia area/ "Delaware Valley Area" --- Where I live!  Many, many miles up the Delaware River, in the safe, snug harbor city the First Settlers chose  & developed to trade with ships from all over the world!:

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Delaware_Valley --- Location! Location! Location!  Absolutely still the key item when choosing real estate---  From pre-historic ages to present day!

NOW --- Back to Episode 39!  --- What exactly happened    Baek Seok is alive!  Hurrah!  Awake, alert, and unharmed mentally ---but can he walk?    No sensations in right hand? when SR pinched it for him"  But didn't he pick up a phone with his left hand?

I'll start catching up with the forum pages now, and hope we have some translations via Instagrams & members here!  Much depends on finding out what was being said in this episode. 

EDIT: --- Taking a minute to see the Instagrams along this page.  So many beautiful, & fun & funny photos!  "T.O.P." really is a talented photographer, as are several others who post there!  Love the little pets, too!  

"Instagram" is the most appealing of the "instant messaging" media that I'm aware of  and the only one so far I'd be interested in using!  Honestly, I nearly always look at them when I come to the forum, now. Doesn't matter if I know who each person is  or even what language or what country--- the photos & videos are what are interesting!

OK---Back to business!                     

• Like 13

Preview to Episode 40

JE confront MTS

JE: Hiding in the background...unscrupulous scheming hidden behind the background

MTS: Prove it....where is the proof (evidence)...show that to me

JE with HK

JE: Today...I will have to end this with you

HK: I do know (have the knowledge)

JE: On what

HK: Your father was the person who kill our father

MTS confront HK

MTS: Now...you are doing this for the sake of seeking vengeance for your sister (dongsaeng, YK)...seeking vengeance against me...isn't that so

HK confronts the assailant

HK: I do say...over there....wait a moment (hold on)...are you a staff (employee) of this premises....

Je with HK

JE: Yes...indeed....we will end this...today we will end this..shall we

• Like 18

18 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

Preview to Episode 40

JE: Yes...indeed....we will end this...today we will end this..shall we

So he wants to end their relation...so sad...is all that old jerk fault!!!Thanks @gerrytan8063 !

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, andy78 said:

So he wants to end their relation...so sad...is all that old jerk fault!!!Thanks @gerrytan8063 !

I just wish HaeGang will deny ending their relationship today. How can she join forces with JinEon if they end their relationship like that with tears and unwilling to let go of feeling? I've never expected our OTP has to go through such rocky ways just to reconcile in the end T_T the writer better not give us an open ending though. She still has 10 episodes to make all of these right. 

• Like 12

Inclusion of the movie, "Himalayas" (released in Dec. 2015) seems almost like proof that the drama team DOES react & incorporate events happening during filming INTO the drama, doesn't it?  Of course, Writer Bae could just as easily have heard of the planned movie from among her peers in the entertainment industry much earlier, too. 

• Like 10

Ep 40 Preview Translation:

JE: Hiding! Hiding incognito like a sly fox!

TS: Evidence? Bring me the evidence

TS: and I'll settle it all with you today!

JE: I will end it with you today

HK: I know about it.

JE: What?

HK: Your dad killed my dad.

TS: You're trying to take revenge for your sister!

TS: Trying to take revenge on me, isn't it?

HK: Excuse me. Wait a minute!

HK: Are you an employee here?

JE: Ok. End it. Let's end it today.

(both HK and JE are in tears....)

----end of translation/Xref TSKS csubs----- 

Hey LOVERS....thanks to all for recaps, updates and insights :) It was way too warm and snug to sleep in, I didn't want to, no, couldn't;), get up LOL. Looks like a really exciting ep today, and upcoming too. Gonna go check out the subbed ep now.

EDIT: Oops...didn't know @gerrytan8063 (thanks chingu) has already translated. Well, another version for y'all :P 

• Like 16

:blush:      Unbelievable!  Thank you, Viki subbers!  Viki is at 82% already on Episode 39 --- I just checked for the heck of it!  So surprised! 

DOUBLE-CHECKED!  YES!  VIKI IS AT 82% subs on Epi. 39.    

Edited by mdj101
sp
  • Like 11

@gerrytan8063

@jadecloud

Thanks for the translation of ep 40 preview.  

It made me tear up just watching the preview. ( I wonder how many tissues I'll need)

I like the fact that JE keeps his promise to dig in the truth behind her dad's death and revealed it to her.  HG was very considerate that she was the one who said that his dad killed her dad.  He would tell her, but she knew it would be extremely hard for him to say it so she saved him from uttering it.

"Let's end it today"......:tears:  I think JE doesn't know that HG has known this fact.  Because of what his father did in the past, he feels he doesn't deserve HG's love and to be happy with her.  It is really up to HG now, whether or not she decides to be JE.  They have tried in the past and they both know how hard it is to be away from each other. 

Will HG agree to break up? Will there be the last night together before the breakup?

• Like 10

17 hours ago, jadecloud said:

JE: Ok. End it. Let's end it today.

(both HK and JE are in tears....

it's so pity that the sin of the father the children will pay for it....

this phrase of JE ....

Spoiler

imo.....is that they will fight together against MTS ...for the fast few ep.  they have done separate investigation for all MTS misdeed.......... now its time to join force.

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, mdj101 said:

:blush:      Unbelievable!  Thank you, Viki subbers!  Viki is at 82% already on Episode 39 --- I just checked for the heck of it!  So surprised! 

DOUBLE-CHECKED!  YES!  VIKI IS AT 82% subs on Epi. 39.    

Seems like more and more subbers are into this drama. Yey! I might be able to watch it later today or early tomorrow.

31 minutes ago, viktoria said:

ratings for epi. 39. i hope i got it right.:)

AGB   Nationwide (8)11.4   (5) Seoul  13.1

TnMS  Nationwide (14)8.5    (9)Seoul  9.8

I hope it's rightttt!! If it is really right, I will be on cloud nine! They deserve it!

7 minutes ago, deandraluv said:

@gerrytan8063

@jadecloud

Thanks for the translation of ep 40 preview.  

It made me tear up just watching the preview. ( I wonder how many tissues I'll need)

I like the fact that JE keeps his promise to dig in the truth behind her dad's death and revealed it to her.  HG was very considerate that she was the one who said that his dad killed her dad.  He would tell her, but she knew it would be extremely hard for him to say it.  

"Let's end it today"......:tears:  I think JE doesn't know that HG has known this fact.  Because of what his father did in the past, he feels he doesn't deserve HG's love and to be happy with her.  It is really up to HG now, whether or not she decides to be JE.  They have tried in the past and they both know how hard it is to be away from each other. 

Will HG agree to break up? Will there be the last night together before the breakup?

Yeah, it is up to HaeGang now. So, I hope she will use heart now to decide. She wants JinEon. She loves JinEon. And lastly, she needs him more than anyone now. I just wish ManHo didn't really kill her dad looking that he used to have nightmares about her dad and seemed so guilty about it. But what he did to HaeGang by making her the hunting dog of his company was just awful. He made her into a criminal. He made her become the object of hatred of his son 4 years ago. 

• Like 11

@Kehinde thanks for posting here the ..jijinhee holic instagram..one of the screencap there that JE jump the plant divider just to get near on DHK fast pace...i did not notice that during the livestreaming.:P

@yunra89   i really like that part of the show last night both want to comfort each other.:mellow:

@jadecloud   thanks for posting the video prev. and do the translation...With @gerrytan8063 :cookie:

@irilight for doing the screencap livestreaming  last night.:heart:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, viktoria said:

ratings for epi. 39. i hope i got it right.:)

AGB   Nationwide (8)11.4   (5) Seoul  13.1

TnMS  Nationwide (14)8.5    (9)Seoul  9.8

If your numbers are correct, that would be a tremendous jump considering it didn't break the top 20 rankings last week and was ranking around 4.6% to 6.3%.

According to Koreandrama.org, the ratings for ep 39:

TnMS         TnMS          AGB              AGB

Date             ep  Nationwide  Seoul      Nationwide      Seoul

2016-01-23 39    (<7.3) (<6.9) (<6.7) (<7.2)

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, sweetpeaga said:

If your numbers are correct, that would be a tremendous jump considering it didn't break the top 20 rankings last week and was ranking around 4.6% to 6.3%.

According to Koreandrama.org, the ratings for ep 39:

TnMS         TnMS          AGB              AGB

Date             ep  Nationwide  Seoul      Nationwide      Seoul

2016-01-23 39    (<7.3) (<6.9) (<6.7) (<7.2)

Rating on korean drama is wrong! They don't see I Have A Lover on the list
Watch on this: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/I_Have_a_Lover/Episode_Ratings

2016-01-17 38 4.6
n/a?
n/a?
2016-01-23 39 8.5 (14th) 9.8 (9th) 11.4 (8th) 13.1 (5th)

Or you can check by yourself on official site

If change the time, i have a lover will have better rating.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, quockhanh45 said:

Rating on korean drama is wrong! They don't see I Have A Lover on the list
Watch on this: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/I_Have_a_Lover/Episode_Ratings

2016-01-17 38 4.6
n/a?
n/a?
2016-01-23 39 8.5 (14th) 9.8 (9th) 11.4 (8th) 13.1 (5th)

Or you can check by yourself on official site

If change the time, i have a lover will have better rating.

Koreandrama.org and wiki.d-addicts rating have matched until the ratings posted for today.  I used to used wiki for ratings but stopped because their ratings were not always up to date.

I'm not disputing the ratings, I'm just stating there is a discrepancy.  

• Like 5

Folks, Here is the first draft of the letter. Please send me your suggestions and I will try to get out a version 2 by mid - week. Thanks!

Dear Writer, Director, Cast and Crew of I Have a Lover,

We want to write a few lines to convey the joy and fun the drama that you have created together has brought to so many of us across the world. We are the community of the IHAL English language forum on Soompi. Together we have generated 597 pages worth of discussion on the writing, direction, acting, character motives and events of IHAL.

I have a lover, the drama that you all bring forth with your hard work and effort is the glue that holds all of us together. We live in different parts of the world, have different work places and most of us have never met one another and yet we know a great deal about each other because we share our reactions to IHAL with each other. 

Writer Bae, this is easily your best writing. The greyness that you have given to each one of the main - not just leading - characters, makes the viewer be invested in what will happen to that character since you can see a part of yourself in that character. Your writing is nuanced and you use suspense really well in a story in which suspense is hard to maintain for what is so far 38 episode. I do wish you had not made the first 9 episodes, what we privately in our forum call,  the episodes from hell,  but you had a method to your madness. We do congratulate you for bucking the trend of easy watchability that many K dramas choose to take. 

Director Choi, IHAL has easily the best performances of JJH, KHJ and BS. For extracting them from these fine actors and for creating the atmosphere that keeps all of us tied in and engaged with the drama, Thank you! The forum has had multiple posts about your use of music and great handling of scenes without dialogues in this drama.

Kim Hyun Joo, what can we say? You should have won the Daesang. You are playing 2 characters and to this day many of us do not believe that you are actually Yong Gi. But even within the character of HG, there is so much subtle yet believable shift. What both you and JJH have been able to do with body language and facial expressions is amazing. We are not going to go on about how beautiful you are since God makes faces. Thank you for keeping yours in such great shape though, so all of us take pleasure in looking at it. 

Ji Jin Hee,  Your portrayal of Choi Jin Eon who is not an entirely sympathetic leading man in such a way that many of us love him more because he is flawed is quite a remarkable feat. The fact that you are very handsome makes it somewhat easier but it is mostly the kindness that you have been able convey via this role that has allowed many of us to forgive CJE for what he did to wife and marriage in the early part of the drama. You do not need us to tell you your chemistry with KHJ is scintillating. The slow yet steady growth you have been able to portray as CJE evolves from someone who loves DHG but is not entirely comfortable with the dark places either in the woman he loves or himself to a man who says in episode 35 to Kang Seoli, “Yes that is the kind of woman I love and yes it scares me, ” is unmatched in your previous body of work and has a prominent place in the top tier of acting in Korean drama world. 

Lee Gyu Han  (BS)  Many of us knew you from “My name is Kim Sam Soon”. How can you look better now than what you did 10 years ago?  Thank you for playing BS with such panache. Thank you for imbuing him with goodness that we can see he has to work for. He is a good man who is human. We see the struggle in him when he is afraid of losing to JE and then the grace with which he lets HG go. 

Park Han Byul: The best compliment we can offer your acting is that most of us can not stand Kang Seoli. We recognize how beautiful she is and yet we still hate her. Negative characters are hard to play and you have done a great job with this one. 

Baek Ji Won (JR) I love what you have done the role of Jin Ri in IHAL. You carry the not so great wardrobe assigned to you to make you look awkward with great ease. You are funny. You are unashamedly evil and yet you somehow convey who the character of JR, a little girl who was not loved enough and whose mother probably left her a legacy of hate that she can not help carrying forwards. I hope we get to see the character with her boys so that there is more nuanced sense of who JR is. Strong work!

Gong Hyung Jin (MTS)  We hate MTS. If we met him in a dark alley and we had a club, Iwe would hit him. You give most of us nausea just by being on the screen. Most of us have never seen you in a grey role where you are evil most of the time so it is treat to watch you being evil. The curl of your lips that you do so effectively makes our stomachs roil. Thank you for being so deliciously evil. 

Lee Jae Yoon (Doctor Min Tae Seok) It is so easy to over or under play an near autistic medical genius and yet you have managed the hit the right note. You are physically very apt for the role. Thank you for your fine work. 

Kim Ha Yoo ( Woo Joo) - You are adorable and your acting is so mature. Congratulations on doing such a fine job. 

Dokgo Young Jae( Choi Man Ho) For keeping us guessing if Man Ho is evil or not, Thank you!

Choi Jung Woo ( Papa Baek)  You are the only solidly good man in this drama and we all like you role. 

Seo Dong Won ( Hyun Woo): Your comic timing is amazing. We all love the scene by the elevator in episode 35. 

Na Young Hee  (Song See Hee) - Your portrayal of Song See Hee  has to be the most elegantly dressed dementia patient ever!

All other actors: Thank you all for doing your respective roles so sincerely. 

Music: You guys probably already know how effectively you have created mood and atmosphere for this drama with the superb original sound track for this drama.  

Wardrobe design:  The clothes, JE, HG in her various avatars, YG, Woo Joo, MKS fit their characters so well. We have only one complaint. Does JR have to look this fashion awkward? I guess that is part of her persona. She is clumsy and awkward. Well if that was your intent, you have succeeded beyond measure. I hate her clothes. 

Lighting: The lighting for the most part has been great. Many of us wish that there was more light in the pension in episode 34 when JE switches off the lights. But I guess the point of the production team is to make the audience want more and you are very successful in doing that. 

All other crew: Thank you!

We know the way ratings are currently measured in South Korea does not reflect the size, diversity  and engagement IHAL has for produced for its fans. Thank you very much all for creating this amazing drama. We are all hopeful for a fitting  and satisfying last 10 episodes. 

• Like 19