[Drama 2015-2016] My Daughter Geum Sa-wol 내 딸, 금사월

joy17

Saw sat and sun episodes in Korean-

dy didn't tell anyone gsw is her daughter. Think she wants to keep her hidden while she takes revenge. Kmh put guards on her, she is treated like a prisoner. She is trying to raise cash, luckily she found lots of paintings from her dad, she will sell to get money. Story still Focus on her, they introduced the minor casts esp child actors are cute. Oh wol's hubby is a disappointment, sorry for her. 

Rating still holding at no. 2

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sonequeen

Ep 12 was extremely frustrating. HS gets away with so much. SW chose to take the blame for the pine trees incident because HS paid a worker to tell SW that it was OMH who ordered to steal the pine tree. I love Jihye even more because she will always be on SW's side. I want the writers to hurry up and make her role bigger. OMH says he resents SW because he and almost everyone else think she took the pine tree, which was all planned by HS and KMH. We didn't get enough Sehoon once again but I'm glad that he keeps messing with KMH and that he helped DY a little. Mari was kicked out of the house but she threatened KMH about the death of DY's father. Now I know why KMH tried to throw DY into the pool. It's because he found out she's been lying to him about going swimming and he knows she can't swim. 

So much is going on. I'm only satisfied that DY knows about SW so SW now has both DY and JH on her side. I don't expect DY to tell OMH about SW's identity anytime soon because he's not in on her revenge, the less people that know the better, and she didn't even bother wanting to tell him about giving birth to his child back then so she won't bother telling him anything about their real daughter until she needs to later on. 

I was kind of hoping that OW and SW would recognize each other, and it was clear today that OW had not lost her memory, which makes me wonder why she didn't look for her family. Dad a bro came by the orphanage occasionally to check on her so I assumed that she knew them,

I'm kind of getting tired of watching SW put up with crap from HS and MH, the way MH treat's her is totally uncalled for and makes no sense to me, Say he wants to play favorites between the girls, he sent HS oversea's he to school at the very least he could have at let SW go to collage in the country. Now she has been lead to believe that he was the one that set her up as the fall guy for the tree, without question she knows HS is a habitual liar so why does she keep falling for her scheme's. I say it's time to leave that abode

I imagine that she will end up working for KMH   so I hope that happens soon and I hope she get's herself one of those roof top apt. and leave MH and HS to their own devices. In the end he might just as bad off as KMH will be. He has treated his daughter like crap and disregarded how his wife will feel when she learns the truth about him SW and DY.

The thing with how DY and MH has treated SW has been pretty awful even if they weren't her parents and he is the worst because he adopted her and brought her into his home. When he knows the truth he's going to want to hug and kiss like she has been missing all these years, the thing I don't get is why she feel's it's OK to be treated this way. DY did a complete about face and it's as if SW doesn't even notice the change.

In the preview for next week were those red sticker's being placed on the furniture? It's also time for KMH ex to go I'm assuming she owes all that money for a bar tab and used DY's name, stole  DY's ring and then ran back to tell it was a fake, then had the nerve to threaten KMH with killing his FIL. who would be intimidated by her she has no proof didn't see him do it and is going by what he said in a drunken panic.  Plus no body was found. 

This was just episodes 13 & 14  leaving 36 to go so I hope that they start to give us some good times, because it will get really tiresome if we have to watch DY and SW get abuse for 30 of those. Let's have some balance, the bad guy's can't continually get their way.

@IBELIS" I also agree how MH and DY is treating SW along with HS lies that's builder up higher. But wait until MH finds out SW is his biological daughter, he's going to get down on his knees and rub his hands together crying his eyes out, because he's been a terrible adopted father before knowing he was a biological father to SW. and to me that's a damn shame while HS was being treated like a princess throughout this whole freaking drama. DY is a good woman to let a demonic man like Man Hoo have his Mistress MR live with them. I kid u not" I would've been left that house and never looked back, and forget about revenge for now. and focus on SW in becoming an architect in which that might be DY plans after all.

@irilight - doesn't viki automatically sub the next episode since they already started?

They should know this drama is popular from ranking even though there is very little publicity unlike other dramas which are in the news daily? if they are too slow, people will turn to dramafire 

@Gerry58, if only life was so logical, right?

I have been posting the ratings for each episode on Viki.  I think the problem is that in most of the drama there is lots of discussion at the end of each episode. Personally - I have never participated in them, because I come here to Soompi for my discussion.  But for MDGSW - there were a bunch of negative comments in the beginning, when the drama started airing, and there are also some negative comments about the subbers being too slow.  (That never works to make them work harder!)

Overall, there are very few comments on this drama on Viki. Right now, both ep. 11 and 12 are half way done. I would have preferred if they had finished ep. 11 first, or at least bring it to the 90%'s, so we can view with subs.  But this happens often on Viki.  That they start the new ep. before the previous one is done.

But - with all that - I am so grateful that they licensed it and are subbing it for us. Without them, we could not have watched it with subs as it is airing.

@Morelia, Thank you for the info. I was also thinking that Viki now brings all the major weekend shows incl. Frid-Sat. (D-Day), and all 3 Sat-Sun. shows. It must not be easy, and they are probably trying to compensate on all fronts.

"My Daughter, Geum Sa-Wol" sets record

photo642644.jpg

"My Daughter, Geum Sa-Wol" set a record.

According to Nielsen Korea, the MBC drama "My Daughter, Geum Sa-Wol" recorded 22.4%. This is 1.1% more than the previous episode.

The first episode of the drama was at 14.7% and it has made it through 20% in just ten episodes.

"My Daughter, Geum Sa-Wol" is about Geum Sa-wol finding her new dream in a broken family. MBC"Mom" recorded 10.6%, SBS "I Have a Lover" 7.1% and KBS "Gag Concert" 10.9%.

source

tv Report - Naver: 'My Daughter Geum Sa Wol',  Park Se Young lies to Baek Jin Hee "It was Park Sang Won's doing"

1. [+2,305, -41] Oh Hye Sang, you bad girl ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+1,805, -40] The grandma hardcarried today's episode ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+1,729, -38] The pine tree plot is such a drag

4. [+670, -9] Park Won Sook and Song Chang Min are this drama's saviors. Park Won Sook's funny while Son Chang Min's captivating as a villain. The most annoying character is Park Sang Won. For more than ten years, he lived  under one roof with a daughter he doesn't recognize. He's always suspicious of her but if she does something good for the company, he compliments her to no end.

5. [+516, -13] I wonder how Oh Minho will react when he finds out that Sa Wol is his daughter. Poor Sa Wol, she's got a jerk of a dad 

6. [+433, -9] How to differentiate an antagonist from a protagonist. The antagonist wears heavy makeup while the protagonist keeps it natural ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+402, -11] Geum Sa Wol is dumber than Jang Bori

8. [+350, -12]  Park Won Sook's scenes are always super funny ㅋㅋ I hate Oh Minho and Oh Hye Sang ㅠㅠㅠ Please clear her of false charges. It's getting annoying 

9. [+129, -2] The worst character isn't Song Chang Min but Park Sang Won.. He's lying to his wife and he's suspicious and mistreats Sa Wol.. I don't understand why he's acknowledged by others and perceived as right-minded 

credit:

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.my/2015/10/spoilers-20-again-d-day-my-daughter.html

Did OMS/JIHYE  really adopted SW? I  notice SW  don't  call them   mother/Father. 

iirc  OMS said  (when JIHYE  wanted  SW to  also take  violin lessons) SW is not his daughter  she was only there  as a companion  for  HS. 

Guest ororomunroe

@irilight - doesn't viki automatically sub the next episode since they already started?

They should know this drama is popular from ranking even though there is very little publicity unlike other dramas which are in the news daily? if they are too slow, people will turn to dramafire 

@Gerry58, if only life was so logical, right?

I have been posting the ratings for each episode on Viki.  I think the problem is that in most of the drama there is lots of discussion at the end of each episode. Personally - I have never participated in them, because I come here to Soompi for my discussion.  But for MDGSW - there were a bunch of negative comments in the beginning, when the drama started airing, and there are also some negative comments about the subbers being too slow.  (That never works to make them work harder!)

Overall, there are very few comments on this drama on Viki. Right now, both ep. 11 and 12 are half way done. I would have preferred if they had finished ep. 11 first, or at least bring it to the 90%'s, so we can view with subs.  But this happens often on Viki.  That they start the new ep. before the previous one is done.

But - with all that - I am so grateful that they licensed it and are subbing it for us. Without them, we could not have watched it with subs as it is airing.

@Morelia, Thank you for the info. I was also thinking that Viki now brings all the major weekend shows incl. Frid-Sat. (D-Day), and all 3 Sat-Sun. shows. It must not be easy, and they are probably trying to compensate on all fronts.

@gerry58, dramafire is an illegal streaming site that steals the subtitles from Viki and Dramafever. As you can see in the Dramafire MDGSW page, they still don't have the subbed videos of ep 11 or 12 up yet because they're waiting for the Viki team to finish them. 

@anbud- I think oms/jihye didn't legally adopt sw cos sw didn't want to change her surname. Oms and dy both bias- I know a true fact, a relative adopt a daughter but she treats her very different from own son

i don't think the writer will drag the abuse of dy and sw. Next week dy will take action cos she now has money from her father's painting. Also oh wol's kids discovered the camera so the secret will be revealed 

just wishful thinking, I  hope that  DY gets a lot of  money  for those  paintings  and  be  SW benefactor secretly . Just  send   SW  to  study and get her  papers  so SW  work is  credited to  her.So far OMS/HS been  taking  SW  ideas  and  giving  themselves  credit for it.  while  at  times  they  just  give SW  a   thank you-good idea-- you did  great. but her  name is  not  credited,  cause  maybe  her lack of  education  SW cann't  stand out as the brains behind some  projects.So HS takes  it as hers.  Getting  fedup with  HS stealing  SW ideas and blaming SW for things  HS is doing  to discredit  SW and   SW  can't fight back.

that stupid man did say that SW is not his daughter  she was only there  as a companion  for  HS...he only provided :food clothes and a shelter .for her ..only was ajussi...his wife was the only person who treated SW with kidness and love...like a real mother ...i love their relationship so much...

I am waiting for Viki to complete the subs; however, I am happy that Sa-Wol was revealed as SDY and OMH's daughter early in the drama.  There is no need to drag it out.  Remember SDY stayed with Man Ho for revenge and now she going to groom her daughter SW to take back her father's business and bring Man Ho to his knees.  Hopefully jail time is involved.    DY has been so mean and nasty to SW, I am sure it will take a few episodes for her to convince Sal-Wol that she is her daughter and not the daughter of the orphanage director.  We can also look forward to the rivalry between SW and OHS and let us not forget JGH's daughter is not dead.  She also knows that OHS is not SDY and OMH's daughter.  I think the writers have enough material to fill 50 episodes.  I hope this drama is as interesting and engaging, but not as frustrating as "Come Jan Bo Ri."

So DY said she wants her daughter to take over the company for revenge. After DY and SW find out about who each other are, will SW go along with what her mom wants? She won't go through with it right? She'll say revenge doesn't solve anything and that the heir to the company is only CB. If DY doesn't give up her revenge by then, this might actually turn DY away from SW and DY might even turn back to HS, who she will probably see as a stepdaughter after sort of forgiving her, because HS has the greed to want to take over the company. Some mom's in kdramas do choose to keep in touch with the evil stepdaughter even after all the lying and evil actions. But who knows what will happen in the end. Maybe DY and MH might even get back together.

Geum Sa Wol is kind, sweet, takes after her orphanage dad and idolizes him. She will definitely say no to the whole revenge plan. I know Deuk Ye has been wronged, her whole family got destroyed and those who wronged her need to be punished but that's Deuk Ye's personal baggage. From a sane mother's point of view, her sole purpose should be the well being of her daughter. So, she should have made sure her daughter had a good family, good education and ends up in the right path. Dragging her to deal with her insane, crazy, power-hungry husband is putting her in line of fire which is dangerous. 

My prediction, a whole lot of crazy drama before who is who gets revealed. Geum Sa Wol and Chan Bin will surely fall for each other. Deuk Ye will definitely try to get Chan Bin in trouble but Sa Wol will keep messing things up for her. Hye Sung will get 100 percent super jealous and will want everything including the boy. So makjang is just about to start. I also think Ji Hye will keep being the only sane adult and will support Geum Sa Wol till the very end. 

According to our religion biological kid (SW) and a kid breastfed (CB) by same person (DY) are not allowed to marry. They remain as 'milk siblings'. Don't understand why writer made DY breastfed CB?

yes I am very interested to know how the 2 leads going to end up together cos they are step sibling- normally cannot get married unless another twist- chan bin not mh's son

There was a boy who witnessed MH's evil doings.. where did this boy go? I was hoping this boy would end up with SW instead.. but it looks like the main lead is taking it all again. 0.0

I agree that Sa Wol is has a kind and generous spirit and I like the fact that she is no pushover. You are correct, I don't think she will go along with any revenge plot; however, I can see her becoming renowned for her architectural designs and without revenge, she will be able to bring MH down.  I would love to see him to major jail time and his mother, ex-wife and two daughters given the boot. The rivalry between Hye Sung and Sa Wol should be very interesting. I also can see Hye Sung trying to take Sa Wol's boyfriend and I would not be surprised if Hye Sung teamed up with MH to go after Sa Wol and her adopted father.

What I cannot understand is that Sa Wol has her father's skill and her mother's kindness, caring for animals and doing volunteer work, yet they could not see the possibility that she was their child.  

This drama should be well worth watching.

I don't know how many of you here watched The OC, clearly that isn't makjang but it started with the Cohen's taking in a teenage boy with a troubled past into their home. The mother was hesitant at first but they ended up loving both their boys the same, it was heartwarming. The reason I say this is to point how awful Sa-Wol's actual father is. He treated her like crap since she was a kid. Lets forget the whole paternity and all, treat kids in the right way. He is blind to Hye-Sung. Also does DY realize that her revenge plan gone slightly off course has resulted in her own daughter not getting the education that her daughter wants and deserves. She is so hell bent on her revenge that she forgot that her priority as a mother should be her daughter's well being, education and happiness first. They are both awful parents. I just hope Ji-Hye and Sa-Wol stay the same, don't change.

What I dislike about this drama the most is how Man Hoo treats Deuk-Ye.  I understand that abuse of women, is an international problem that cuts across social and economic backgrounds; however, Deuk-Ye should be smarter than the writers are making her if she is plotting revenge.  She has known for years that her husband killed her father and her mother-in-law was indirectly responsible for her mother's death; therefore, she should have had a concrete plan in place seventeen years down the road. Why wasn't Deuk-Ye saving money, a little at a time, over the past 17 years that did not involve her selling her jewelry?  She decided to stay with Man Hoo and take revenge; therefore, she should have done everything within her power to have him eating out of her hand, such as sleeping in the same bed with him, giving it up as much as possible, and acting as if he was the the greatest thing since sliced bread.  With Man-Hoo it is all about his ego, she should have massaged it real good.  If she had played him right, she could have manipulated him to throw his ex-wife out and shut his nagging, over-bearing mother down.  Deuk-Ye doesn't come cross as a smart woman plotting revenge, the only thing I see is a battered woman with no clue as to what to do.  

Oh Min-Ho is just plain stupid.  I know that he can recognize raw talent when he sees it.  His real daughter has had talent since she was a child, yet Min-Ho failed to cultivate it.  It is not even about not being his daughter, it should have been about who would be more of an asset to his company. If necessary, he should have sent them both to school for architecture, even if he sent his "so called" daughter to a more prestigious university. With Sa-Wol's talent she still would have excelled regardless of the university.  He has someone in his care that can help his company thrive and he has turned a blind eye to her.  The only thing Min-Ho  is about is "my daughter." I am glad that his wife has had the good sense to look at Sa-Wol as her daughter too and comfort her when she needs it.  I can't wait to see how Min-Ho reacts when he finally finds out Sa-Wol is really his child.  

I also cannot figure out Lee Hong-Do.  She did not lose her memory; yet she does not recognize Sa-Wol's or Hye Sang's names when she hears them.  She should at least wonder if they could be her childhood friends.  I know the fire killed many children; however, she should still be curious.

What I dislike about this drama the most is how Man Hoo treats Deuk-Ye.  I understand that abuse of women, is an international problem that cuts across social and economic backgrounds; however, Deuk-Ye should be smarter than the writers are making her if she is plotting revenge.  She has known for years that her husband killed her father and her mother-in-law was indirectly responsible for her mother's death; therefore, she should have had a concrete plan in place seventeen years down the road. Why wasn't Deuk-Ye saving money, a little at a time, over the past 17 years that did not involve her selling her jewelry?  She decided to stay with Man Hoo and take revenge; therefore, she should have done everything within her power to have him eating out of her hand, such as sleeping in the same bed with him, giving it up as much as possible, and acting as if he was the the greatest thing since sliced bread.  With Man-Hoo it is all about his ego, she should have massaged it real good.  If she had played him right, she could have manipulated him to throw his ex-wife out and shut his nagging, over-bearing mother down.  Deuk-Ye doesn't come cross as a smart woman plotting revenge, the only thing I see is a battered woman with no clue as to what to do.  

Oh Min-Ho is just plain stupid.  I know that he can recognize raw talent when he sees it.  His real daughter has had talent since she was a child, yet Min-Ho failed to cultivate it.  It is not even about not being his daughter, it should have been about who would be more of an asset to his company. If necessary, he should have sent them both to school for architecture, even if he sent his "so called" daughter to a more prestigious university. With Sa-Wol's talent she still would have excelled regardless of the university.  He has someone in his care that can help his company thrive and he has turned a blind eye to her.  The only thing Min-Ho  is about is "my daughter." I am glad that his wife has had the good sense to look at Sa-Wol as her daughter too and comfort her when she needs it.  I can't wait to see how Min-Ho reacts when he finally finds out Sa-Wol is really his child.  

I also cannot figure out Lee Hong-Do.  She did not lose her memory; yet she does not recognize Sa-Wol's or Hye Sang's names when she hears them.  She should at least wonder if they could be her childhood friends.  I know the fire killed many children; however, she should still be curious.

I think she feels as if her friends have perished and so it wouldn't be right to bring it up now since it's way too early in this drama.. I feel like at this rate, this drama should end at ep 25. No need to extend it so long. The revenge could begin now but it's going anywhere yet... I can't wait until the revenge begins!

@thunderman1- u forgot about the romance of sa wol and cHan bin- after they discovered they are step siblings, the disapproval from parents etc, this can drag another few episodes.

Then there is Lee hong do and her family- their reunion, again another few episodes. 

Hoping for some romance for hye sang and do sang woo- maybe he can change her? 

Archived