[Drama 2015-2016] My Daughter Geum Sa-wol 내 딸, 금사월

joy17

DY decided who her daughter was from the clothes and MH took the word of a child and a torn DNA test that did not identify who the child was. That aside the both of them treated SW like garbage which throws out the common used trope of blood calling to blood. In SW place they both could go to hell. The other drama from this team that makes me worry is the heroine was constantly berated and abused for 46 of the 50 episodes. Yea in the end she came out OK but it was torture watching not fight back most of the time. The same goes for SW. she is loved by her adopted mom but most of the time treated like crap from the dead. DY as her mother is no better because every since SW was a child she found ways to  admonish or make her feel her dislike of her, now that she knows she is her daughter its all smiles and grins. Drama's often forget that to get a filial child you need to be a filial parent. SW parents both suck at this. SW is not dumb, she has known what HS is capable of since they were children, what she does is accept and forgive every thing she does, and that's worse. I fear because of that a lot more abuse is waiting for her down the line.

DY wants revenge on KMH for the death of her parent's and the theft of all their wealth but if she continues to live with him while trying to get her revenge she might end up dead. We have seen him twice attempt to punish her for some transgression by doing something that could cost her life. Once hang her over the very cliff her father fell from and him getting ready to push her into the pool knowing she could not swim.  Not to mention all the verbal and emotional abuse she has to live with in that house. I say get the divorcee and keep a low profile while smacking him down.

Also why didn't SW follow them outside it was clear from the name she call HS that she was from the orphanage but instead they have SW stuck on her behavior at the work site, and even that was understandable. First time she see SW playing with her husband and the other time SW is with her kids, granted she was just trying to play with them but the both told her no.

I agree with you, I stopped watching their other drama for several episodes because I got tired of the abusive and dumb behavior of Jang Bori. At first she was smart, all of a sudden she became dumb.  

SW is extremely gifted; however, she feels that she is only apart of that household because of HS and she owes her and them a debt of gratitude.  I am frustrated because as smart as SW is, she cannot figure out that she is being sabotaged by HS, come on writers. I am with you, I do not understand why she did not follow them outside.  It would be normal human behavior to want to know what is going on between the two, especially since she talked about the orphanage.  All kinds of bells and light bulbs should have gone off in her head. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HS won't be a murderer if her real father is still alive (A few of u speculate that) and oh wol didn't die.

Nevermind. Forget what I said before. The preview for ep 15 was misleading because the viki subbers put "your" instead of "her". But after watching the episode, she was actually talking about SW to HS. She told HS that she needs to find SW because she has proof that her father is alive. Sorry for the misunderstanding people.

I don't think she is totally bad cos she suffers from nightmares- means she have guilty conscience.

Then does that mean she's not as bad as KMH because she has a guilty conscience?

@brbe33,   Welcome to the thread.

I still need to watch the last episode from last week. Still waiting for subs.

Sorry, but I cannot ship HS with anyone except for a straight jacket. She has been nasty for so many years, a pathological liar, who contributed to her own biological father's death (if he is indeed dead). As much as SW tries to do good for people around her, HS spreads hate and injury as much as possible.  She does not deserve SH in my mind; and he certainly deserves someone far better than her. Don't get me wrong. I think Park Se-Young does a fabulous job in her first antagonist role, for many of us to dislike her character so much. The only problem is SW is so sweet (almost to a point of stupidity) that she may forgive her for everything, or buys any old excuse that HS gives her. Oh Wol, is reasonable among the three. She sees the truth as it is and does not try to paint it pink. Too bad she is married to that useless husband in that horrid family She really deserves better. I still hope she will be re-united with her father and brother. But now I am reading from your posts that Oh Wol also caved in for HS?! Very sad....  :o

@nearsea@UnniSarah       hello-smiley.gif

In the beginning, KMH framed OMH for his crimes, and OMH was sent away. At that time, as her father's company collapsed KMH seemed like a savior to DY, and he seemed to cherish and love her. Everything turned sour after she found out the truth about him. I have not watched Jang Bo Ri, from this writer, but I have watched Five Fingers, and I can see a recurring theme of the orphan-unwanted child who is unloved (in the very least) and turns out to be not whom everyone thought. Also - a nasty sibling who is jealous of the "new child" and wants to harm him/her.

Just watched ep 15 subbed. DY definitely made the results to match her with OW. This is smart because mother in law will stop looking, but that doesn't mean this is a good thing. WHY drag innocent OW into this? If OW gets harmed in any way because of this, I will not want SW around DY any longer because DY is trying so hard to become a devil herself.

@sonequeen ,         I did not think DY brought OW into this nightmare?!  I thought her MIL found out about OW being a survivor and went after her to check if she was DY's daughter. So if anything, DY - by switching the toothbrush etc, is probably getting crazy MIL off OW. I do not feel that is using OW, but rather saving her from that nasty woman's clutches.

@Nymeria289, I tend to agree with you that it is way too early for HS to change her colors. I think she will be a nasty character for quite some time still, and do way more harm.  SW is as naive as her mother was at that age. Her mother now teaches her observation skills, that will help her not only in er chose profession, but also in outlook on life, and people in her life. I love your idea of how DY may incriminate her MIL with the DNA test in the eyes of KMH!

@IBELIS,  I also want SW to stop being so naive and so forgiving to a point of allowing people to hurt her.

Viki is now at 77% subbed of last episode. Dare we hope they will bring it at least to mid 90's before Saturday?

gumsawall_photo151023114141imbcdrama3.jp

gumsawall_photo151023105256imbcdrama1.jp

‘내 딸 금사월’ 전인화 / MBC ‘내 딸 금사월’ 방송 화면 캡처

@irilight  Annyeong * Waving back *  so glad to see you here chingu . 

Chingu you can't put all the blame on OW, SW  and MH are to blame too. First of all MH put his confidence of this HS and allowed her to do whatever she wants. He believed her lies and think she is an angle. He feels a special bond with SW but pushes her away because HS is jealous. He tries to teach her about honor and respect for their job, she chooses to ruin his company. SMH SMH SMH why would you ruin your own father's company when he obviously loves you more than his biological daughter. I agree Ow's brother deserves someone way better and why is he attracted to selfish girls. So true SW is very naive just like her mom. She sure changed a lot after losing both her parents.

Hi chingus...I love to read everyone's take on the characters and story...

@Gerry58 For me personally, I think HS is having nightmares not really because of her guilty conscience...but more her fear that her snowballing lies are about to be discovered. She's living in fear more than guilt...as of now...

Don't get me wrong...I love love Park Seyoung...and hating her character here only proves she can really be hateful in her own interpretation of the character. I'm pleasantly surprised coz even I hate HS...lol.

@IBELIS mentioned SW is too kind and naive to a point of frustration...I agree. Sometimes I even roll my eyes for SW's over the top kindness...similar to HS petty lies. I wish she can be a little more skeptical, intuitive and feisty esp when dealing with HS. 

SH definitely deserves a better girl...but it's interesting as someone mentioned that he falls for the villain...and their chemistry is definitely there. There is so much to explore if he continues to like her...all odds are against him...so I'm curious. If SH was always smitten by her...can she handle it if he hates her later? If he supports SW instead of her later...will it force her to change? I'm invested...but just like @Nymeria289 I believe she will do more horrible things at every chance before she would change...if it ever happens...if she doesn't, well...I'll ship her with the straight jacket like @irilight suggest then...lol

And...I'm excited to see her lies being discovered tomorrow...omo!

SW is showing boorish attitude, too innocent to the point of appearing stupid, as someone earlier commented here.

Knowing well HS lies and cheated her all the time SW should by now be intelligent enough to keep her distance fm HS.

After years of hearbreak secretly following the wrong child and finally confirming SW is hers, why try to appear arrogant and aloof with SW? Does not make sense. The disguise is understandable.

@irilight @jann17 I think Hye Sung will very well keep doing despicable thing for a long long time considering the length of the drama but if her father's alive and with Se Hoon around there's hope for her still unless she goes complete cray crazy like Man Ho....and no I necessarily don't ship her with anyone but I see more chemistry with Park Se Young and Do Sang Woo compared to the other pair....there were definite sparks in that post nightmare walk in the rain scene. And I hope Sa-Wol stops being so naive and forgiving, its making me mad. I want her to stop being so idealistic and get real. If somebody wrongs you, you have the right to give it back to them and be angry. She is in a way encouraging Hye Sung to do more harm by letting her get away with it all. Only sane person still in the whole lot is Ji Hye. A real parent who knows parenting. 

@UnniSarah, I agree with you chingu.  Why would HS choose to destroy her father's company? This is the father she saw much wanted to have as a dad, and in order to be with him she inflicted pain and injury (and possible death) on her biological father, and one of her best friends? With all the opportunities OMH gives her, a normal child will cherish these opportunities, and to prove themselves more. But HS always chooses the path of destruction to those around her, esp. those who love her and trust her. It is hard for me to even consider her a friend of SW and OW - since she had always betrayed their trust.

@jann17 I agree with you about HS nightmares. I too think they are a testament of fear rather than guilt. Fear that the whole house of cards will come crushing down. She is a "fake" daughter, and a "fake" architect - with all her schooling, SW (with no schooling) already proves better than her. It was the same as a child with the violin, when she tried so hard and failed, while SW was so good at it. I am guessing that HS has her own talents, but she never bothered to explore them, as she always pushed herself to excel in what SW was good at, so as to surpass her. (because she is the "real" daughter)

@Nymeria289, yes - I totally agree. I think HS will continue to do a lot more damage for quite some time. I also love JH in that household. I agree she is a wonderful example of good parenting; She is a calm and considerate voice of reason and love. Maybe one day HS will understand, that when JH does not agree with her or scolds her, it is not for lack of love.

Right now, HS is the devil who is set on destroying her father's company and teaming up with KMH against her father. KMH is the man whom SH wants to destroy for he knows he is the criminal who brought down DY's father company and stole all his precious lumber for the palace construction. At what point will SH realize what she is doing and what will his reaction be?

[STAR STYLE] 전인화 10월 4일 MBC 내 딸, 금사월 10회

266EC94855CA9934022B32

247B593A562F392423F2CA

247C0C3A562F3926221F76

2623913A562F39280D96B0

242F343A562F392A075D2B

236D663A562F392B2A12BD

Rookie-Bud (루키버드)

유니크한 포인트로 멋스러운 펀칭 클러치. 

265AED415630155E1B90E3

25773E505630177C06B453

새로 산 아이폰이나 2016년도 신상 스케줄러를 함께하면 1타 2피 자랑 개 꿀이겠습니다. 좋은것 있으면 자랑도 하고 그래야죠. 

source

Guest my2centsworth

Giving something for everyone to think about......what if KCB is not the biological son of KMH? After all CMR has had many men in her life. The reason I thinking this is 1) SW can never be with CB because of their fathers' history. 2) I believe that CB will have a part in bringing KMH down.

@my2centsworth, I had this question in my mind ever since his mother said she was pregnant. I was surprised that KMH never did a DNA test, esp. knowing what a sleazeball his xwife was.

preview: Sawol found out that Hyesang is the one who stole her USB! Will she get it back?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1096618403704539&set=vb.128219733877749&type=2&theater

Guest my2centsworth

@my2centsworth, I had this question in my mind ever since his mother said she was pregnant. I was surprised that KMH never did a DNA test, esp. knowing what a sleazeball his xwife was.

preview: Sawol found out that Hyesang is the one who stole her USB! Will she get it back?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1096618403704539&set=vb.128219733877749&type=2&theater

?I thought the mother found it in the trash and then seemed to return it to set some type of trap for HS? SW may already have it back. There are still no completed subs for esp 16 and now it time for esp 17 and 18.

I have to add this as to the characters of SW and OW. They are so naive. Sometimes it makes me sick to my stomach. And why haven't the two of them haven't become a little suspicious of HS? And especially why haven't they seen some similarities in each other? This makes me frustrated with these characters. But it's something to look forward to. Sooner or later that will know who each other are.

?I thought the mother found it in the trash and then seemed to return it to set some type of trap for HS? SW may already have it back. There are still no completed subs for esp 16 and now it time for esp 17 and 18.

I have to add this as to the characters of SW and OW. They are so naive. Sometimes it makes me sick to my stomach. And why haven't the two of them haven't become a little suspicious of HS? And especially why haven't they seen some similarities in each other? This makes me frustrated with these characters. But it's something to look forward to. Sooner or later that will know who each other are.

I was referring to DNA test for KMH to have done about CB after he was born.

I esp. want to understand how OW explained away what she saw on the CCTV tape....

The reason I thinking this is 1) SW can never be with CB because of their fathers' history. 2) I believe that CB will have a part in bringing KMH down.

I wouldn't worry too much. There was another drama exactly like that. In Golden Rainbow, the male lead's father killed the female lead's biological father and stepfather. And she was considered lost or "dead" every since she was a young child because of he made that happen and he had the nerve to fall in love and become obsessed with her mother as well. The most annoying part was that our male lead had to act mean to our female lead and became a noble idiot for the last few episodes just so he can take down his father by helping him and pretending to be on his side. And she was so hurt by his coldness and didn't know why he sided with his evil father. Both his father and her mother strongly opposed the relationship, but when her mother saw what our male lead was willing to do for her daughter she was okay with them being together. In the end, they ended up together. 

I really hope the writers don't go that way as well. Ugh there's a good chance CB will become a noble idiot like that. He's going to say he's doing it for SW and DY but we'll be the ones frustrated.

OMG LOL today's episode was too funny. DY always manages to save herself and make her husband look bad. He even bought her a bunch of presents and it didn't work. It looks like he is going to find out about her Heather Shin disguise soon and she's trying really hard to hide in the preview. But KMH looked so bad in today's episode. HS also threatens him to expose him for the bad construction at Geum Bit Orphanage because she was the only child who witnessed some of the ceiling falling apart while he was ordering his workers around? 

And YES, HS gets caught for the USB switch incident. HS crying to JH that she loves SW more than her. Boohoo no one cares, there's a reason why JH prefers SW over you and your father OMH is also starting to prefer SW over you. I think OMH told HS to leave the project she's doing because he's so disappointed in her? 

HS is still all over CB that it pisses me off. CB might find out that SW is the girl he gave the chick to soon. SW is going to find out HD is OW in the next episode and it looks like they're running to meet each other. Why do I have a feeling one of them will get into an accident before they reach one another? 

Giving something for everyone to think about......what if KCB is not the biological son of KMH? After all CMR has had many men in her life. The reason I thinking this is 1) SW can never be with CB because of their fathers' history. 2) I believe that CB will have a part in bringing KMH down.

Now that would be a nice twist

Archived