Guest ororomunroe

I have a headache from crying too much on epi 13. The speech JE made at the door tore my heart apart, especially her last phrase. Superb acting from both SMA and SJS! Oh these two...the feel I get when watching them. Off the chart chemistry! I love the mature relationship between the two. The writer has done a good job protraying their deep, profound love for one another. Not sure why epi 13 felt like the last epi. Probably due to all the understanding from all the side characters, stepmom, uncle, SJ, and JS and his mom. The good news is it's not the last epi and we'll get more scenes of our OTP!

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CJ E&M AND NIELSEN KOREA CONTENT POWER INDEX (CPI)

AKR20151228145400033_03_i_99_20151229080

source: Yonhap News

TOP 10 POPULAR TV SHOWS FOR THE WEEK OF DECEMBER 14-20 BASED ON # OF NEWS ARTICLES, INTERNET SEARCH RANKINGS, AND SOCIAL MEDIA BUZZ

1. Reply 1988 - 299.6

2. Infinite Challenge - 272.9

3. Running Man - 250.6

4. King of Mask Singer - 232.6

5. Six Flying Dragons - 220.7

6. Return of Superman - 215.2

7. Radio Star - 213.7

8. OH MY VENUS - 213.2

9. SNL Korea - 209.7

10. My Little Television - 209.4

33 minutes ago, ebito said:

if i may recommend... you could try "One Sunny Day"... it's a really short web drama only 10 episode with about 15 minute of each episode... there is no life threatening thing happen to SJS in there... maybe a little cold but nothing worse...

Thanks, but I''ve watched it. This drama has no 'drama' seriously and SJS is again sad and dumped.  Not long enough to calm my thirst.

I would love to see him playing normal man in 20 eps drama.

I have literally cried a river with this episode. Although there were some definite sad parts, A lot of things were tied up. The brother-in-law is gone. I just wish he could've gotten a beating. I like how the writers revisited the tragedy. Another accident. Another wife hurt. Another time dad sees his son being wheeled to the OR. The second time around, the father handled it better.  I also really loved that KJE got to tell YH how she felt. Those words I am sure stayed with him during the rehab. I love how the younger brother admitted he felt like a burden. 

I really enjoyed KJE and SJ working out their issues. SJ thought KJE wanted her to apologize over WS, and it was over their lost friendship. I liked that we see how KJE endured the past year. I get the separation. They didn't need to go through that together. I may be in the minority, but I believe he recovered as quick as he did because of his strong desire to get back to his lady. If she was always there, his pride would've held up the recovery.

Finally, the persons who needs the most healing is halmoni. She has never gotten over her daughter's death, which is why she can be so cruel, and why she clings to YH so tight. Either way, Junho couple FIGHTING! 

I only teared up once YH tried to get out of bed after JE's confessions and couldn't.

I was prepared to be annoyed by the noble idiocy. It is so overused at this point but in YH's case, I got it, even though I wish he hadn't taken the choice away from JE. His whole life he must have felt like a burden. How often did he see his mother or grandmother cry while he was sick. Now he's facing never being able to walk properly again and is once again back in the position of being a burden. That's really rough. I think JE understood that, even if it was painful for her, for both of them.

I'm surprised they're back in each other's orbit so fast, but I'm looking forward to the last few episodes.

I m not sure if this has been posted by someone. 

I think the small bundle that being zoomed by the camera (attached to her scarf) is the RING. He proposed to her!! Like she proposed her ex fiance with the tie. He used scarf with the attached ring.

Wanna bet? Haha 

Just watched Ep 13. It wasn't as unbearable as I thought. My eyes pooled but I actually enjoyed it because it was so honest and all the subplots were moving towards resolution. As much as I despise the use of the separation tool in a storyline, it mirrors the realities of many relationships. It was a test, reminding us that with anything we suffer by our loved ones; we must use heart and patience first if we truly love them. 

As painful as it was for KE to be alone and wait a year in limbo, she didn't stop living, eating, exercising, or working. She knew that's what YH would want for her to do, so they could both 'heal' overtime. I felt JE's heartache with every burst of crying, memory, and hallucination she had. She forgave her undeserving wench friend, SJ (which by the way, the strength that KE had to be the first to apologize and to never end up getting one from her-- she's definitely the bigger person). The depth of KE's character was shown so well in this episode. I noticed that her BFF wasn't in any scenes during this time, especially when she's her main support system, but maybe that actress was off for the holidays? It would've been nice for her to have a shoulder to cry on, instead of a random client. The look YH had in his eyes after closing KE's door in the preview was a bit concerning but maybe he's just finally reacting to seeing the love of his life after an excruciating separation and treatment. It better not be a hidden emotion for more sad news to come. As the for ba$tard uncle, the audacity he had to show up at Gahong office and the unapologetic resignation infuriated me because he lacks complete redemption. I wish we had a full criminal court scene with JE battling it out with him on his knees apologizing, but at least the greed ended. What do we have left to resolve now? Chairwoman Lee's insistence on a power marriage with pharmaceutical girl? YH's full recovery (or at least good enough) to come back into JE's life? 

The hospital door scene was such a winning moment for SMA and SJS's acting. They were like 100 feet apart but still had chemistry. A minor annoyance for me is it could've been more private between JE and YH. When she said "handsome and sexy" in front of the whole security team, I kept thinking to myself, man, these seasoned A-list actors are probably laughing inside when they get such poor cheesy lines handed to them. But again, professionalism rules and great actors know how to make it work. 

Now that we have the last three episodes left, I'll take a stab that in EP 14: YH returns, keeps his promise to JE about their special night. Both families warm up to each other, helping Chairwoman Lee to step back down for YH's happiness. EP 15: YH resumes role as director and opens his ideal therapy center. YH and JE goes on a couple vacation. EP 16: YH proposes. Babies, babies, and more babies! 

Happily, ever after. The end. Simple, right? #SuchisLife lol :cold_sweat:

I hate to sound like Ebenezer Scrooge when this was, dramatically a decent episode. Acting was great and a few things got resolved. I especially loved the scene between KJE and OSJ. Still I don't know what to make of the accident aside from the fact that it was the means to give Uncle Choi the boot and it kept the OTP apart for a 15 minute year. Believe me I'm thankful that the agony wasn't prolonged but I felt short-changed by the writer's choice to keep KJE away from YH's rehab.  

To be honest the first 30 minutes annoyed me. It really annoyed me that no one thought to let KJE know that her sexy coach man had been in a multi-vehicle accident. Undoubtedly I was projecting a little ;) but I thought we were adults here and all this kind of stuff was beyond this show.

I don't doubt that YH's a tough guy physically. He rehabilitated himself once and he showed that he could do it again. But I thought this was a rom com for adults in which people made choices about what they can or can't handle in a relationship. Well, maybe I was a little too invested in wanting JE to demonstrate her ability to sail through this storm with the man she loves. Hence, I was left feeling that she was robbed of the opportunity. 

The only rationale I can come up with for how things went is that the writer wanted us to see that it was more difficult for JE to sit around and wait than be there by his side, cheering him on while experiencing a pang or two while watching him struggling away during rehab. The problem with that is the 15 minute year that flew past in montage. There was certainly nothing really painful for the viewer there. I imagine we'll get all the flashbacks we need tomorrow but with the impact lessened.

Don't mind me if I sound a bit grumpy. ;)

@Sacha Aimee "I am kind of dissapointed about halmoni....even after she knew how kind her inlaw she still only talk aboit how YH hurt how YH pitty....even YH doesnt want anyone feel pity about him. She really need a therapy...  "

This is not worst, you watched Secret Gardens? that mother in law omg, even Gil Ra Im (hajiwon) gave birth a few kids she still wouldn't accept her or allow her to enter the house for many many years. own blood somemore. speechless.

Shin Min Ah also just posted photo with Henry and Min Joon on her Instagram. Based on the background it's YH house right? Wait. When YH came back it is said that it was 24th December 2015? So tomorrow supposed to be YH birthday right? So they celebrate it again in YH house? Any spoiler photos about today ep? :( 

HYE-RAN save JOON-SUNG LIFE when his brother is going to hit YOUNG-HO car not knowing that it was not YH  driving the car. While avoiding the big truck w/c oncoming in different direction ;YH avoiding it he goes in total wreck and twist of fate it was HYE-RAN and YH got hurt. BECAUSE OF HIS BROTHER  GREEDINESS :angry:

14 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I hate to sound like Ebenezer Scrooge when this was, dramatically a decent episode. Acting was great and a few things got resolved. I especially loved the scene between KJE and OSJ. Still I don't know what to make of the accident aside from the fact that it was the means to give Uncle Choi the boot and it kept the OTP apart for a 15 minute year. Believe me I'm thankful that the agony wasn't prolonged but I felt short-changed by the writer's choice to keep KJE away from YH's rehab.  

To be honest the first 30 minutes annoyed me. It really annoyed me that no one thought to let KJE know that her sexy coach man had been in a multi-vehicle accident. Undoubtedly I was projecting a little ;) but I thought we were adults here and all this kind of stuff was beyond this show.

I don't doubt that YH's a tough guy physically. He rehabilitated himself once and he showed that he could do it again. But I thought this was a rom com for adults in which people made choices about what they can or can't handle in a relationship. Well, maybe I was a little too invested in wanting JE to demonstrate her ability to sail through this storm with the man she loves. Hence, I was left feeling that she was robbed of the opportunity. 

The only rationale I can come up with for how things went is that the writer wanted us to see that it was more difficult for JE to sit around and wait than be there by his side, cheering him on while experiencing a pang or two while watching him struggling away during rehab. The problem with that is the 15 minute year that flew past in montage. There was certainly nothing really painful for the viewer there. I imagine we'll get all the flashbacks we need tomorrow but with the impact lessened.

You're not a Scrooge, you're just being frank. It's a little lazy and uncreative, if you ask me. As if there was a serious writer's block. Sure, screenwriting is tough business but so are the hardworking actors and production crew who have to serve up your concept. While I understand that this isn't your typical average couple and YH wants to be noble and supposedly 'protect' her from pain, for every single person to keep pushing JE away to where she literally had to ask for Chief Min's permission to talk to a damn door was frustrating to no end for me. It suggests that JE, as a woman, can't handle it. She already said she knows the pain. Again, we already had the inauguration scene that's supposed to clear that air too. That part was a bit inconsistent. JE is a genuinely strong Shero with well-known vulnerabilities, so it was silly to keep her away lingering in sorrow by herself. I think it's a founded frustration of mine with KDramas in general but when the writing's good, it's damn good guilty addiction. 

When will we see that in KDrama Land, to be a man who shows his vulnerabilities and welcomes help from his woman is more...in the lines of OMV, 'sexy and handsome' than to hide them? /END RANT

29 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

At first I was also annoyed with the writer's decision to separate them.  But then I realized that it somehow mirrors KJE's past relationship with IWS.  She said that they would always break up and get back together all the time.  The problem was, Woo Shik took that for granted and didn't use their breakups to make the relationship better.  (here's to hoping that YH would learn from his mistake) It also somehow mirrors IWS and SJ's relationship.  They also had a break, but instead of reflecting on the relationship as something positive and motivating, SJ saw it as a downer - that she still wasn't good enough to be a part of a relationship and be loved.  Meanwhile, KJE saw her break with YH as a way to reflect on how her life has changed for the better and that this break will also be an opportunity for better things ahead.  I'm hoping that just like the other aspects of our OTP's relationship, it will show a contrast to the other relationships.

I kinda want to smack YH on the head for deciding to tap tap - but then again, he's human.  People always give up.  People always run away when they're scared of getting hurt or getting others hurt (in fact, he admitted to this fault).  That's why we have breakups, divorces, etc.  But what redeems them is not their inability to give up, but on their ability to finally realize that no matter how they try to tap out, they have people who won't give up on them.

I think it's actually nice that KJE's job involves breaking people apart but she has a knack for healing people and bringing them together (as shown by her crying scene where the divorcee ended up consoling her).  While YH's job is all about helping people get stronger and better, but is actually quite vulnerable and quick to run away himself.  They're quite a contradiction to each other, but instead of their traits breaking them apart, it's their differences that make them even more attracted to the other person.

And besides, if KJE thinks of herself as Cinderella, then the break mirrors the fairytale.  Because Cinderella had to go back to being alone and taken for granted - and yet, she remained hopeful and in love.  She didn't chuck out the glass slipper and say "Oh, well.  I guess that's the end of it."  She held on to that glass slipper because she knew that what they had was real.  And it wasn't until the prince himself came looking for her that everyone realized she was right all along.  I guess for KJE, the fairytale doesn't end when the prince is gone or when there's no more happy/lovey dovey scene.  Instead, it ends when she chooses to no longer believe in the fairytale.  And for her, it's not yet the end.  So you go, KJE.  Go and fight for your happily ever after.  You definitely deserve it. (Why am I cheering for a fictional character?)

Just watched the subbed episodes.

Here are my random thoughts:

- I didn't expect the greedy uncle's sister to go after him. Kinda sad that he only realized (although I'm still not 100% sure about him being regretful) the damages he caused. 

- wow, Grandma... I'm speechless.

- Dad... What would really break you? I know you care and are hurt. But I saw more emotions from Chief Min.

- really, boys? No one thought of calling JE right away ??

-JW kept saying he won't cry. I think it was actually me saying that to myself too.

- KYH's pain during JE's talk to him behind the door. Gah!!!

- Time apart : sick of it in kdrama, but... Fine, whatever works for this couple. If KYH is so against his significant other to be there in the deepest/hardest of time, so be it. But no contact? 

- loved the quarrel between the girls

- reminder to self: do not use birthday date as passwords

- I don't know... I didn't feel like WS was that in love with JS...

- time jump: sick of it in kdrama, but in this context, I can see KYH needing a year for rehabilitation. I just wished JE could have been his exercise partner and supporter (in person or long distance)

- definitely something about the end of that scarf

- I have never noticed JE liking pink

- why the sad face, KYH, in the preview?

- pls enough of obstacles for our OTP. I don't mind 3 episodes of jiu jitsu lessons for couples with our OTP.

@demarchelier what are those pictures ?! (Thanks, BTW)

And what is the book that KYH is reading? The how to date book ? :P

Could JE actually have seen KYH at the hospital before he left for his rehab? I so hope so. I so hope they both decided on what was best for the both of them. If they both talked and agreed with whatever decision it was, then I'd feel much better!

Archived