Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

byjreadingasiantournote0wy.jpg

Hi there Frances!

I'm very interested in the book that Yong Joon was reading inside the plane on his way back to Korea from Japan. I'll try to look for it at the nearest bookstore tomorrow if I get the chance to go. I guess the book will be selling a lot after one Baesister posted the title and the author ~ 'The Five People You Meet In Heaven' by Mitch Albom. Lucky for the author, it's a free ad from Yong Joon :)

nothing much going on today, so i might as well go over some of the things i like about yong joon ;)

zzlips37og.jpg

Luv this lips... hardly ever to take this... The photograher may wait for his moment whole day..Natural and baby-looked

Hi Syjfan, thanks for bringing the news here. I'm so happy that AS is doing pretty good in Japan. Btw, have you read what Mr. Fumi wrote about SYJ in Japan? Members of Quilt believe that Mr. Fumi is quite reliable in terms of analyzing Korean and Japanases entertainment. Anyway, here's what he posted in one of his posting in BYJ's Quilt. "Jpn showbiz can make K star in Jpn. Sohn Ye Jin will be a prominent example that Jpn-made K star in Jpn. Her movie "Eraser in My Memory" will be released in Jpn next month and J TV and managing Co push this movie and Sohn YJ actively. Jpn showbiz men are saying, 'Sohn YJ is a type of actress Jpn favors'." :)

Yah, the media plays a big role in the making of a star. Ye jin has the talent and look. I think the Japan media first made their assessment and they like Yejin.

It's not just koreans who found it hard to make big stars. Japanese have high standards and Hongkongers, Taiwanese and other Asian celebrities have all failed to make it big in Japan. They have enough of their own pretty faces and talents and there is no reason to accept a foreigner unless he or she is truly special.

Regarding Fumi's article, it is a recent one or a while ago? I couldn't find it in Quilt. If you have it, can you PM me?

Thanks.

Regarding Fumi's article, it is a recent one or a while ago? I couldn't find it in Quilt. If you have it, can you PM me?

Thanks.

Syjfan, please check you pm i just sent you Fumi~san's article.

Baegals, it's been a quiet Sunday. Are you guys also missing Yong Joon? You think he's back in Korea by now? Geez, until when is this silence going to be. With "The Great King Four Gods" delay...heck i don't want to think. Anyway, I just hope that the China trip will push through.

Guest frances

Hi there Frances!

I'm very interested in the book that Yong Joon was reading inside the plane on his way back to Korea from Japan. I'll try to look for it at the nearest bookstore tomorrow if I get the chance to go. I guess the book will be selling a lot after one Baesister posted the title and the author ~ 'The Five People You Meet In Heaven' by Mitch Albom. Lucky for the author, it's a free ad from Yong Joon :)

hi Liezle, i met a college friend of mine this morning in SM North & guess what, i went to the bookstore & asked for the Albom book but its out of stock :( the one available is his other book, Tuesdays w/ Morrie).

we dropped by in the theater area & i saw a big poster of AS. of course, i took a very close look at the beautiful couple in the poster ;)

(Trans.) From : Japaneses Official Board: 'April Snow' Review by HN photographer

Japanese to English translation by Myonne

photo_as_review_1.JPG

Myonne wrote ~

hi, quilt sis & bros,

this is a 'April Snow ' review by photographer in JOB Free board, which i find very outstanding & i strongly wud like you to read.

Under her kind permission, i transed it into English for u to share. Her style of writing is very simple & crisp, which i feel really sorry for not conveying her good Japanese due to my English inability. pls bear.

(Pics are inserted by me just for ur reference.)

51760 Film Review 'April Snow'

(reposting of 9/23/05)

Contributor: photographer

Date: 2005/10/21 8:47:38

Contents:

I saw 'April Snow'.

It is an excellent work.

It is the film which gives us an impression of tracing the remnants of one's memory and one piece of memory in the world.

Although, at a glance it gives us an impression as if it depicted a love story in a cheap magazine, the story itself is a mere plot in this work.

If you ask for a meaning and for narrativeness in this story, probably you may find this film very boring.

You might be fed up with its easy 'commonness'.

Therefore, in order to face this work, first of all, it is necessary to eliminate the 'commonness' on our side here.

This film is one piece of 'symbolical poem'.

We only have to feel the air of 'poetic space' which is brewed by the characters of man and woman, scenery, sound, and music, and just to expose ourselves to them.

The author placed 'man and woman' on the stage of the other side, i.e., 'simple plot' and 'simple composition', and applied light there from the side here.

The shadows projected behind the man and woman who are applied light in the backdrop of excessive simplicity, form themselves as complicated and profound because of its simple composition.

The true 'leading roles' in this work can be said the 'shadows' projected by the man and woman.

Words were curtailed as much as possible.

For, words belong to 'commonness' of narrativeness.

In this work there is no world of logos and only poetic sensitivity very unique to the author is wriggling.

Image composition is very simple.

circle, circular, and perspective, and symmetry.

A simple pattern becomes a metaphor and is connected to the following pattern.

Due to simplicity in composition, each image has heavier weight and becomes more symbolic.

The stage starts with a bell of a phone, and the stage ends with another bell of a phone.

The semicircle which the wipers draw, and its regular motion.

The new crescent (which embraces a full moon) which appears in the twilight.

The corridors which pass in the hospital where the man and woman meet.

The circle which the images depict is circulation of time, circulation of the world, and circulation of man's feeling, transiency, the world never eternal, formation and disappearance.

A beginning is an end, and whose end is another new start, which always goes on in our daily life.

The world turns round, and circulates. The current moment never stops here.

Everything in our life, sorrow and joy as well, circulates and changes.

It is the world of a transient view.

A man goes out to a distance far in the snow of darkness.

In front of him visible in the semicircle drawn by the wipers (a half world---the world on the back side he goes out from his everyday), there leads a straight road to a different dimension.

A road in perspective.

And through a dark tunnel.

The man and woman meet in the corridor of a hospital, and come across in the narrow passage of a motel.

The corridor and the passage are not drawn in a tight and clear outline but in the perspective palely misted.

It is a vision in a simple perspective like a prototype which appears in our memory, like a prototype which the world keeps in memory.

The road and the corridor drawn in the perspective symbolize the endless roads (life) which we should follow.

The man and woman face each other symmetrically. The man and woman who are symmetrically placed in a simple composition.

'Flesh and blood feeling' of the man and woman stands out due to being stationed in a logic and order of symmetry.

By being placed in a simple composition, the tense breathing of the man and woman serves as sinuosity of their feeling and arrives to the audience.

The man and woman who have been separately pictured in symmetry, come close, intersect, and dissolve in the scene of an amour.

The man's world which seems to have been a circle, a thing which completes itself like a full moon, collapses and disappears.

The self which collapses is a missing existence like a new crescent which appeared in the empty sky of twilight.

The man feels self-disintegration as if he fell towards the bottom of a deep, dark, dead-black sea.

His self which breaks up scatteringly.

And he struggles himself for the collapsing self, for his parting hands, legs, and body to tie somehow or other.

What the drowning man holds by the hand is an arm of the woman who is just next to him.

Before an inflammatory and momentary lap sound music starts, the man applies his hand to light.

The man who has manipulated light towards the others so far applies his hand to light for the first time.

This is a scene of initiation for the man to fall to the bottom of the world, to stray to the end of the world.

The man has a presentiment. He has a feeling of himself becoming a stained fallen existence.

Then, a flood of sweet and painful sound.

A telephone bell from the woman.

On the night in Seoul, the man and woman once try to return the way towards where they stepped out.

But,・・・・・

The man and woman, as if trapped in the locus of 'immoral love', begin to trace similarly the 'immoral locus¡¯ of the man's wife and the woman's husband.

The circle of 'immoral love' circulates and continues to turn around silently.

Where the man and woman finally arrive smeared with 'immoral love'

it is the very highlight and the most outstanding scene of this work.

The man and woman, after the second amour, forget each spouse's care and spend a night as if they fled from the reality.

'The death of the woman's husband''awaits them just after the man and woman's momentary 'supreme bliss' and 'joy'.

On the back side of the light which illuminates a mere piece of happy time has 'death' waited.

Just beside a mere piece of joy, there exists the others death.

On the side of a mere piece of self-reproduction, the other's pain adheres to.

As if the man and woman's momentary 'elevated feeling' absorbed the 'life' and 'energy' of the woman's husband, 'death' hides himself behind their slight happiness and has secretly been waiting for the time.

Just as the affair of the man's wife and the woman's husband absorbed the 'energy' of others, a completely equivalent thing also happens to the man and woman.

The symmetric 'tragedy-ness' here is very simple and solemn.

It is virtually simple, tight, and forcible just like Greek tragedies or Shakespearean plays.

It is this 'cruel reality' that backbones this work.

It is this 'cruel reality' that cut apiece the man and woman's hearts.

'Why can our life be realized only on the pain of others?'

'Why can we live such painful life only?'

The man purifies his hands in the hospital.

Even if we purify over and over again, the sin of our life never goes away.

Beautiful things are ugly. Dirty things are clean.

The meaning of a phenomenon is easily reversed depending on how to apply light.

How smeared the existences of ourselves are who seem to have been good citizens!

'Our hands are all dirty.'

'We are all sinners.' ・・・That's right.

Because, our life can be realized only on the sacrifice of others.

'Our happiness' might be an alias of 'pain of others.

The man cries bitterly.

The man cries to find such deep and heavy pain of man's existence awaiting at the place he has fallen smeared with the woman.

The man is astonished at our first sin (the original sin of our existence).

And, the man realizes・・・・'No one can condemn any one.¡¯

After a sound-ridden and enthusiastic concert, the man is caught by usual feeling of nothingness.

It is just like the bitterness and futility after an amour of a man and a woman.

In such void, snow flies down the man.

And, a bell of a phone.

A car is running on the road in the heavy snow.

Did the man meet the woman again?

Or didn't?

Such a question is meaningless.

Because, in this world where everything generates and disappears repeatedly, everything should transmute and change itself.

The feelings of the man and the woman, if they should achieve their reunion, will also repeat generation and disappearance forever.

Nothing of a certainty ever exists.

However, the world where generation and disappearance repeat themselves should never be nothing. It should never be darkness.

Probably, the phenomena of this world where everything seems to generate and disappear repeatedly may be a variety of figures and colors of existence.

There certainly are existence of the world and existence of man.

That is why the man shouts,

'Throw away all sadness. Life is beautiful!'

When the stage of 'April Snow' closes, a faint stream of light named 'Hope' appears from the pitch-black stage.

Even if the world is not everlasting and repeats the phenomenon of generating and disappearing, 'Hope' essential for our living, if it were only a few cm of light, will never disappear.

Because, it is man who can have forgiveness of No one can condemn any one.

It is because Hope is just in existence of man.

Therefore,・・・・

The snow which flies down from the sky at the last of the stage

is the incarnation of tears rolled down from God( Heaven) who gives forgiveness¡ and blesses the life of the man who has been smeared with immoral love and has strayed to the end of the world. ・・・

The man looks up・・・・

as if he finally could have gotten forgiveness from the heaven・・・・.

The snow falling on the man's head silently murmurs to the man・・・

'Everything is allowed and blessed to exist from the beginning when it is born in this world.'

'April Snow'

When we strip off the story of 'commonness' and peel over the scab of the wounds of the man and woman's love, we there find the world of opposite extreme from commonness.

Hur Jinho he is a formidable director.

Guest frances

from Korea Herald

Korean carmaker seeks to more than double sales to 10,000 units in two years

By Kim So-hyun

TOKYO - While Hyundai Motor Co. is enjoying rising demand in China, India and an improving reputation in North America and Europe, it is still a nobody in neighboring Japan.

Hyundai, which aims to become one of the world's six largest carmakers by 2010, recently announced aggressive marketing plans to more than double its sales here in two years.

"We aim to sell 10,000 cars in the two years to 2007 in Japan," Kim Jae-il, a Hyundai overseas sales executive said at the media preview of the Tokyo Motor Show last week.

Hoping to reach that goal, Hyundai plans to launch the new Grandeur large sedan, a hit model at home, in January, and to increase maintenance service shops across Japan to 230 by the end of this year.

The carmaker also said it will elevate its brand image with more powerful ads and training programs for its local dealers.

As it began sales of the Sonata midsize sedan in Japan last month, Hyundai's Japanese arm aired television commercials featuring Bae Yong-joon, a Korean actor extremely popular among Japanese women, and the move proved effective.

The number of visitors to Hyundai's dealership in Tokyo more than tripled as a result of the new commercial, according to Park Sang-joo of Hyundai Motor Japan Co.

"Women in their 40s and 50s would come with their husbands to take a look at the car," Park said. Increased interest towards the car led to sales of more than 700 Sonatas so far.

However, despite such positive signs, most Japanese are not familiar with Hyundai cars, said an official surnamed Tanigawa at the Japan Automobile Importers Association.

Considering that some 30 foreign car marques struggled to sell a little more than 240,000 cars last year, of which more than half came from three leading makers - Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz and BMW - Hyundai's sales target might sound too ambitious.

"The Japanese are very brand-oriented people. They buy expensive imported cars because they want luxury and expect their cars to represent some status. Brand image is very important here. Hyundai cars are of good quality but Japanese consumers are not aware of this," Tanigawa said.

Hyundai competes mostly against Japanese cars abroad, but competition with 12 local brands on their home turf is difficult even for more well-known foreign marques.

Japanese automakers control more than 95 percent of the domestic market which amounts to between 5 million and 6 million units per year.

The world's second largest auto market is notorious among foreign carmakers for its consumers' diverse demands and local manufacturers' dominance. Toyota Motor Corp., Japan's largest automaker, sells some 60 different models in its domestic market while selling only half of that in the United States, the world's largest auto market.

Having entered the Japanese market in 2001, Hyundai sold slightly over 10,000 cars here so far.

This year, 1,768 Hyundai cars including the Click compact, Tucson and Santa Fe sport-utility vehicles, Avante XD, Tuscani sports coupe were sold in the nine months to September, down 15 percent from a year ago.

In August, Hyundai appointed a former executive of Japanese units under GM, BMW and Mercedes-Benz as the new chief executive of its local arm. The new CEO said earlier that he plans to sell 800 Sonatas this year and 1,500 units next year. He also said he will increase the number of its dealerships from the current 60 to more than 100 in three years.

(sophie@heraldm.com)

hi Liezle, i met a college friend of mine this morning in SM North & guess what, i went to the bookstore & asked for the Albom book but its out of stock :( the one available is his other book, Tuesdays w/ Morrie).

we dropped by in the theater area & i saw a big poster of AS. of course, i took a very close look at the beautiful couple in the poster ;)

Hey Frances you're just near our place! It's only about 15 minutes drive to go there :) . The book is out of stock and it only means that it's a pretty good book to read. I'll go and check tomorrow in Manila.

I think the film production company who got AS is doing an all out promo. I hope the AS will be a success in our country. But lately even Hollywood movies were not doing well in the box office here.

Btw, great news about the Hyundai sales. Getting Yong Joon as endorser is really a great move. Hope that Hyundai will get Yong Joon more to do cfs for them. Oh, I've seen Sonata here in our country and I like it :)

Guest frances

~ reposting :) the VOD & the translation were posted by Liezle in the previous soompi thread....

in case some of you missed this...yong joon with the fans in Busan Theatre for the promo of Untold Scandal.

VOD courtesy of style in cafe daum/byjfan

translation by gaulsan

posted in KOB

VOD

mms://media3.nkino.com/theque/trailertheater/3305/300_h.asf

-------------------

Translation

BYJ!! Scandal(?) in Busan

Talk with fans at Busan Theatre.

[ Lee is Director Lee Je Yong ]

Lee: Thank you for your interest. Did you enjoy the movie?

F: Yes!

Lee: Thank you very much.

B: Hi, I am Cho won.

F: (Fans greet with hearty cheers.)

B: I am very happy to meet you here. Thank you very much.

Q: Among the lines, Chowon says, "Though the heart of a woman is closed, it will eventually be inclined to men", and Mistress Cho says "It's just because she didn't experience a man, how can it called chastity?". Are those the messeges that the director intended to express?

Lee: I think love is a kind of destiny, not a choice.

Hmm.... I think that is the power of love. Love can break down the whole identity of people.

She(Mistress Sook) didn't esperience love. She confesses to her aunt that she knew nothing about love.

Not like other women, I think it was the power of her love to be brave enough to break down her territory at once. I tried to express that aspect.

Q: This is your first motion film. Could you tell us how do you feel of Busan Film Festival?

B: I have visited Busan often. I like the exotic atmosphere of Busan.

I wantted to attend this festival. This is the 8th festival, isn't it? I wanted to attend from the first festival. First, second, third, fourth..... but I was not ready then.

I am very happy to be here now. But I couldn't watch many movies this time. Actually, I couldn't watch any. I would like to watch many movies next time.

I usually performed a role of urbanized, polished gentleman, but I think Chowon is also a very urbanized person.

When I heard that Director Lee Jae Yong is planning to make a historical movie, I didn't think it would be a historical movie.

I thought a new type of movie would be created. I have been a devoted fan of Director LJY, I liked the character, the scenario, and the actresses.

What I worried was, would I look nice in traditional costumes? - laugh - Would I fit in?

Ah, I looked very nice. - burst of laughter -

From now on, as there is difference between TV and motion film, in movies, I think I can make attempts on various roles, which could even be shocking. Thank you.

To here that this movie is successful, I am very happy, of course, and I feel burden on the other hand... about this success...

Here are people who loves me. Some people watched my movie 5 times.

Thank you very much. Try some more time, please. (laugh and cheers)

B: It was the scene taken many times, because Director was not satisfied.

I fell into the ground for about..... 40 times? He was too hard on me, wasn't he? (laugh)

F: Yes~~~!!!

Lee: Do you mean it would have been better to go easier(faulty)?

Fan: No~~!

B: Thank you for the love you show me. I will keep doing my best. Thank you.

F: Be healthy! 건강하세요!

Be happy! 행복하세요!

Thank you! 감사합니다!

Bravo! 브라보!

Syjfan, please check you pm i just sent you Fumi~san's article.

Thanks Liezle.

I once posted this before in the old thread and just now I was thinking about this again.

What if they have chosen another actress to partner BYJ for April Snow? I have a feeling April Snow will still do well in Japan. Ye jin will have to find another stage to show her talents and work harder to win the Japanese.

Let's imagine for a moment and replace Ye jin's face in the following images with another actress...maybe CJW, maybe Kim Tae Hee, Han Ga in or many other beauties...

200511261923144.jpg

200511235192750.jpg

200511238665470.jpg

200511246361800.jpg

This is a genuine topic of discussion and although I am a SYJ fan, I will not jump (oops...edited) on anyone saying anything negative about Ye jin on this topic. May also be more meaningful for people who have watched AS ....

The Japanese, for example, would have loved CJW in AS I think.

I found this piece of article in the Magazine section of BYJ's Quilt. This is an article from Cine21 last 9/9/05. Joanne is not yet done translating the said article (only halfway thru) but i thought of posting it already. I'll check every now and then the magazine section for the finish translation then will post it here. ~ liezle

Tigger mom posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

Translated and posted by Joanne in BYJ's Quilt Magazine Section

The photos are from Cine21 home.

[People] People Kim Hyeri met

Die-hard challenger shown in smile, BYJ in 'Oe Chool(April Snow)'

[Cine 21] 9/9/05 10:00

byjcine210iq.jpg

It was the end of the last year. I heard a news that a statue of main character of the 'WLS', Joonsahng' was built in Chooncheon.(As I get to know that, they say there is also a one in Namyi Island. Although the focus of the topic of talks at the time was the fact that the statue did not look like the real appearance at all, I was more curious and worried about the mind of an actor who became a statue. Although the Korean Current storm, blown in with the 'WLS' as soon as BYJ smoothly turned around his career voyage course with the 'Scandal-The Love Story of Men & Women in Chosun', gave him huge power, aren't we in Korea actually making him as a hard to please prince who shuts himself up in a solitary island? Although it was the worry deserving to hear "You are born to worry" or "Just do yourself well" of course, anyway the important thing was that I was curious about his mind.

Actually, what I am trying to write from now on is the left over story. The cover story carried in [Cine21] #517 was only about 1/10th of what BYJ told me on that day. Clearly, since the Korean Current BYJ is an object whom we get opportunity to meet with around when apprehensions of "Isn't it almost having audience with the king?" are rising up. However, once he sits in front (of interviewer) at the appointed place, he wouold tenaciously cling to talking and hearing to the extent of making it confused about who wanted to meet the first among the two. This man, who is accustomed to whipping himself with the rules of young (military)officer of integrity, performs even the ordinary conversations with loyalty and sincerity. He, splitting his agonizing thoughts into small pieces of topics and arranging tangled thoughts while asking for opinions of other person, looked likd a fisherman who was mending fishing net sitting comfortably on a shore of an estuary on a leisurely day when he would not chase the school of fish. Although BYJ at the time of interview is thorough at his self management, on the other hand, he seemed as if he wanted in his mind some one to make a notice that it was the result of his straining. His hoarse voice did not hide the fact that (he) needed consolation and companion. While continuing on conversation which overflowed the volume of planned article, strangely no purpose came to my mind. I did not have desire to ask him what is 'to live as the Emperor of the Korean Current', or wish to draw the complete portrait of an actor. Thus, the rearranged story on that day is void as if there is a wind hole somewhere. I will transfer that sound of wind.

What kind of books are you reading nowadays?

I could read many (books) most recently. There is 'The Present' by Spencer Jones. He is an author of 'Who moved my cheese?'

Isnt' it a kind of books one reads in time to request some consolation?

Yes, I have read it once long time ago and I read it again in this time. Because confusing thoughts keep ocurring, I seemed like I wanted to brace myself up. The authors I like in ordinary times are Murakai Haruki, Patrick Guiskint, and who was the author Haruki had recommended, that is right, Raymond Carver, Have you read 'Shortcut bu any chance?"

I felt it was novel like film. Because it does not say inner monologues but writes like instuctions (on scripts) like someone went several steps to side, how one poured water. What kind of film do you like?

I saw many old films. Now, I like Coen Brothers. I like 'That man was not there'. Why are you laughing?

You like black & white as the photos you personally took at the location site of the 'Scandal-The Story of Men & Women in Chosun' are in them (black & white). Jo Won was the man, although he despise upon the basis of Chosun society, lived off a crack it offered. It was not an ordinary character and you acted well. With exaggeration, I had a feeling that there added one more feature actor in Korean films, and then right at the time, the Korean Current syndrome happened. Have any difference ocurred between your plan right after the 'Scandal' and your vision since the Korean Current boom?

Well, is it all right if I answer it after I eat one banana?

(Being despirited) It is all right of course. Aren't you going to eat if I say no?

(Quite sincerely)No, I will not eat it. Although my responsibility became big due to popularity of the 'WLS', I have not think much about the change in my position. The acting was the one I have been doing anyway, and it is just that the stage became bigger and there are more people who hold me dear. Although there are parts that ehy try to place more responsibilities on me due to special relationship between Japan and us, I do not want to do works which are beyond my own part. I just do my best at the responsibilities I can bear.

-Although there is a common sense in the public that you are popular as you are 'a tender man', BYJ's image as I feel is more patriarchal. May say instead of warmth as a partner, it is that of guardian? It seems like that it is a tenderness coming out of realization that "Men will take infinite responsibility." I also seems like that it touches a certain weak part in women as there hide suggestion that if a big accident happens, I will be all responsible.

I feel like I am caught. You are right. Until now, while I have been living, I feel like I thought just that I would take all the load. I have a strong thoughts that the family are people I have to take care of. It will be nice if there is a person who can share the load with me.

Among your enthusiastic fans, has any one approached you and told you "You fill up my blank like this"?

Japanese family seems to have earned opportunity go return to the old days and found vigor in the monotonous rhythm of life due to the 'WLS' I call fans as our family. Before I advanced to Japan, I also called domestic fans like that. I cannot help but to say they are family. As they consider me as their older brother, younger brother, friend, or son, I also naturally think that way.On the day of shooting the concert scene of the 'Oe Chool(April Snow)', my parent came to watch their son working for the first time, although 'family' could recognize my parent, they kept them from being placed in a perplexed spot. On that day, it rained and I worried more abou health of elderly family than the shooting itself.

I do not like digital. It betrays.

byjcine21people19mk.jpg

Actually I thought that the 'WLS' was the drama of Yoojin(Choi Jiwoo). That it was the story of her conflict, pain, and love. Joonsahng was, in contrast, was an exsistence like phantom. He could be an optical illusion. Thus I viewed that it was a character which gave weak challange for male actor.

I agree with you. I decided (to appear in the WLS) even without reading the script as there was a big significance of relationship with Director Yoon Seokho as he let me debut. It seemed also that I might feel like closing a curved line before I do the films in full scale if I worked on the drama again with the director of my debut work, It was also interesting that I would show 2 kinds of appearances of Joonsahng and Minhyeong.

to be continued...

Thanks Liezle.

I once posted this before in the old thread and just now I was thinking about this again.

What if they have chosen another actress to partner BYJ for April Snow? I have a feeling April Snow will still do well in Japan. Ye jin will have to find another stage to show her talents and work harder to win the Japanese.

Let's imagine for a moment and replace Ye jin's face in the following images with another actress...maybe CJW, maybe Kim Tae Hee, Han Ga in or many other beauties...

200511261923144.jpg

200511235192750.jpg

200511238665470.jpg

200511246361800.jpg

This is a genuine topic of discussion and although I am a SYJ fan, I will jump on anyone saying anything negative about Ye jin on this topic. May also be more meaningful for people who have watched AS ....

anyone but CJW to be included in your imaginations of the lead actress......if it is not SYJ..

If CJW were to act in this movie, the more the critics are going to say that it's the movie version of Winter Sonata.... :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Liezle.

This is a genuine topic of discussion and although I am a SYJ fan, I will jump on anyone saying anything negative about Ye jin on this topic. May also be more meaningful for people who have watched AS ....

You are very welcome Syjfan! AS will be shown soon in our country and i'm very much anticipating to see SYJ and BYJ together. From some of the reviews I read, SYJ did a great job. Btw, I'm sure that Ye Jin will win the Japanese hearts.

Guest happiebb

anyone but CJW to be included in your imaginations of the lead actress......if it is not SYJ..

If CJW were to act in this movie, the more the critics are going to say that it's the movie version of Winter Sonata.... :lol::lol::lol:

ya man... thank god they didn't think to cast cjw.... more bashing can be expected, i think....

i wouldn't mind lee mi yeon for one...

Guest frances

~ reposting a 2003 VOD w/ translation..:)

VOD courtesy of kiyomi

translation by gaulsan

posted in kob

VOD

http://nowsoulmate.cafe24.com/multi/sbs0904.asx

Translation

TV Entertainment, 2003 Birthday of Yong Joon

A: What did BYJ do on his birthday? Let's have a look.

BYJ, a man of beautiful smile. Why is he going up to the top of the building?

Q: What's your schedule today?

B: Today's schedule is to shoot a CF for men's clothing.

A: BYJ steps on the seesaw prepared in the middle of the shooting site.

He is rehearsing before the actual shooting.

He makes a gorgeous expression standing on the seesaw.

B: Something's strange, as I close my eyes,

A: He looks charming, standing in a gentle breeze.

Now, he is fully dressed. He is sitting on the edge of the seesaw.

Q: How do you feel on the seesaw?

B: It has been a long time since I've ridden on a seesaw. I feel good.

A: He said that he feels good, but here is even better event for him.

That day was the birthday of BYJ. The staffs prepared a small birthday party for him. BYJ himself seemed to be a bit abashed. The candle-lights turned off before he blew them out.

A: How do you do, Mr. BYJ?

B: How do you do?

A: This is my first time to meet you. I thought a lot on what should I prepare for your birthday present. It was hard to think it out.

B: Did you bring a present for me? Really?

(Unwrapping the present) Thank you.

A: As a matter of fact, when I bought yours, I bought one more.... for me... to wear as a couple look.

(Reporter Kim Ji Yeon blushes for bashfulness. Is she a fan, or an interviewer?)

Q: What's your thought on anticipating the opening of your first motion film, Scandal, in October?

B: I'm not agitated... I'm not expecting the day to come sooner, I just feel calm.

A: BYJ's first motion film 'Scandal' is a story of an attractive love game, made by an enchantress and a licentious man to seduce a dignified woman. BYJ acted as Cho Won, the most seductive pagan of Chosun. To fulfill his role, he took his trademark glasses off, tied a topknot, and made a 180' change.

Q: People say that you took lots of pictures at the shooting site. You received a nickname "Bae-parazzi".

B: I read on the newspaper that people made a newly-coined word from BYJ and Paparazzi, 'Bae-parazzi'. Yes....Bae-parazzi. I take pictures without notice. I take pictures of people working. Maybe that's why people gave the nickname to me.

A: You deserve the name Bae-parazzi.

B: Yes. (Laugh)

A: Let's find out where the Bae-parazzi is.

This is the shooting site of Scandal. There, he is over there. Can you find him?

When he is not at work at the shooting site, BYJ takes pictures of the staffs at work.

Like this, he is taking pictures hiding somewhere without notice

to incorporate the natural images of the staffs.

B: People at work, people concentrating on something are very beautiful.

I started to take photographs to incorporate those images. These are some of them.

A: Those were photographs that BYJ had taken by himself. They were very nice pieces.

Q: Is there any particular reason that you prefer the black and white photograph?

B: Because it's cool... No, it’s a joke.

The black and white photograph gives the feeling of memory of the past, an image like a dream.

People dream in black and white, I was informed. Anyway, I like black and white.

In addition to that, developing is also interesting.

I can develop the black and white photos by myself, and I have to keep learning

A: Aren't you thinking too meanly on yourself?

B: No, I mean it. (laugh)

A: BYJ on his birthday, we could see his tender and comforting nature.

To the viewers of Hanbam;

B: I think it would be 2nd or 3rd of October, more likely to be on 2nd, Scandal is to be released.

It will be a nice, unique motion film, I suppose. I'll meet you then.

ya man... thank god they didn't think to cast cjw.... more bashing can be expected, i think....

i wouldn't mind lee mi yeon for one...

On this note, CJW seems bad idea...

Hi and good morning! I found this in the magazine section of BYJ's Quilt and it's quite interesting. Funny but the article that was translated didn't mention the name of the BOF's President and I'm not also familiar with his name. I hope someone can help me with this. In Boundaryof Forest I'm only familiar with Mgr. Yang (the famous Mgr Yang) and Mgr Bae Seongwoong :) ~ liezle

Japanese to Korean translation by Vivarijuni and posted in Talk Box of www.byj.co.kr

Korean to English translation by Joanne and posted in Magazine Section of BYJ's Quilt (4.12.05)

From Korean Stars Cinemas & Dramas magazine vol. 02...(Interview with President)

By Vivarijuni

Q: When did you extablish B.O.F.?

A: We established incorporation in May of 2004 and 9 months have past already..Although it does not seem that much has passed time-wise, for me and family in B.O.F., I think that might have been more significant than any time period and also busy period. It was a very important one year in which Mr. BYJ began his activity in full scale in Japan at the same time of establishing the company, and it was also a period we got chance to leap further with one more step.

Q: What was the motive for creation of the company B.O.F.?

A: As I finished college in US and began my work career there, I have not have any relationship with Korea for about 10 years. I majored in studies related to films and broadcasting in college, and after graduation, I naturally worked in this kind of field. At the time, I became in charge of US local filming producer for the "Hotelier" team who came to US for shooting.

Because I was a local producer, my duty was to provide actors and staff to shoot comfortably, and I did all my best to make such environment. Although it was a very difficult task, I became associated with Mr. BYJ for the first time for that reason. Having met at first due to work, we developed sense of mutual trust the more we met.

While he was shooting (Hotelier), we came to talk about this and that. Although those (talks) were mainly about Mr. BYJ's acting of course, his progressive heart about being an actor have not changed then as well as now. Anyway, starting with relationship at that time, we came a trustworthy family as in now.

Q: Then is it that he communicated after he returned to Korea after finishing shooting there?

A: That is right. Both I and Mr. BYJ tends to consider the first impression important. For both of us, the impression of each other was really good. For me, I liked Mr. BYJ for his professional appearance more perfect than any one as far as work was concerned even though he had free & easy personality unlike stars. And Mr. BYJ seemed to have good impression at my appearance of doing all my best. Although we have not even think about becoming a such a good relationship as this much, we have been communicating all the time for 5 years since that time we met for the first time. Since that time, Mr. BYJ had discussed with me on international telephone when BYJ had new drama or film he was preparing for or when I occasionally went Seoul, we had met.

Q: How did you feel at first when you heard (from him) to do business together? For instance, when they confront in business, wouldn't there cases in which even brothers in good terms get cross? Wouldn't they become sensitive to each other when they meet due to business?

A: Because our relationship is already knowing each other very well, we do onot feel it that much. Although we might make a little dubious faces at first, we doo not hesitate to talk. It is because 5 years time has passed, and both I and Mr. BYJ are in the state of having high sense of trust in each other. There are many points (for me) to learn from BYJ as one of human being, not as a simple actor. I decided with comfortable mind thinking I can learn many things from this man while working together, and I too will be able to help this man.

I do not think that during one's entire life, the chance to be able to work with people with whom you communicate your heart is easily given. Probably because I have lived in US for a long time, I did not have any worries except for problem like moving the liviing environment. After the talk was decided, I proceeded with it right away..

Q: Then, as a representative at B.O.F., what do you take care of the most?

A: Although we are doing a lot of work even now, the most fundamental thing is after all to manage actor "BYJ". That is to make an environment in which he can concetrate in acting without getting interfered with anything. The thought, "the actors have to talk with acting and have to be evaluated with acting" is same to both Me & Mr. BYJ. No matter how much popular an actor might be, if there is not a work he can be proud of, wouldn't it that his value as an actor falls down?

Moreover, it is further more if he is an actor who has special significance in acting like Mr. BYJ...I would like to create an environment in which actor BYJ could devote himself further more in acting. That is the first goal more than anything for the B.O.F. And, in this connection, I may add that while we watch Mr. BYJ preparing his work, staff at B.O.F. cannot help but naturally concentrate our mindes to work. As the actor is trying that hard, it is a matter of course for the company also to support him.

Q: What kind of man is Mr. 'BYJ' an ordinary man, not an actor?

A: Although there is nothing but to definitely praise on actors who belong to our company, even then, he is the 'BEST". Of course I can also testify more than 100 things to the fact that he is the best. Although I have been meeting many people until now, I think that I must be a fortunate man having met BYJ both personally and for business. Dont' they say that half of life is successful if a person has one good friend in his lifetime? I think that BYJ is certainly a good partner for my life in both privately and publically.

It is seldom possible to meet this kind of person. In regard to that, I think that any one who ever had experience to work with BYJ even once would feel sympathy. Although I am saying only praises endlessly, I think I can be rather objective because he gave me a feeling of 'hyeong(older brother, senior)' before he is an actor belonging to our company. Although we have met due to business at first, after the work was done, we have developed into comfortable friends we can lean against. He is simply a person who is consistent. I think you are able to know that from looking at his behavior toward his family(fans).

Q: Then, by looking at him with more cool-headed eyes, how is he as an actor?

A: For that, I can be more objective. He is an actor who really puts efforts. There are not that many people who do not know actor named BYJ. Then, he is in a position where he does not need to be avaricious for acting while maintaining his popularity reasonably. However, he is a man who has much avarice for acting. In regard to acting, he would never let it pass if he has really a tiny doubt or something he wants to know about. BYJ is a person who would either give in or become lazy as far as it is about acting.

Although he oridnarily talks a little, when he would talk about acting, he talks a lot. He would even recommend interesting or good movies to office staff one by one. There were occasions we became embarrassed as he would make sure if we had really watched films he recommended now and then.(Haha)..I think he is an actor fundamentally. And he is a person who considers the process of preparation important rather than the result, and as that operation is so perfect that there were times I have thought..he could have rested a little bit...however, there are many occasions I express respect to his such passion and progressive heart.

Q: Was there any particular motive to produce photo album?

A: When we established this company at first and while I was working with him, I began to study on Mr. BYJ as much as I can do. Looking back his acting career until then, and finding and collecting data, for a person who has been active for 10 years,,there was not a single photo we could use. I was really surprised. All of them were either photos for commercials or still photos from dramas. Although I was aware that he would feel awkward to have his photos taken, I thought that it was too extreme that he did not have any photos to that degree. While he himself loves to take photos and takes photos of other people with his camera, he would rather try not to stand himself in front of camera. As there was not photos to that extent even in his office, I thought his fans would further more have been wanting his photos..

As he does not do many works and as he is not a type who gives interviews frequently, those (photos) are absolutely insufficient amount for his fans who would like to feel him even a little bit closer.

Thus, I have offered to him 9to produce photo album). Let's show more natural BYJ to fans...if he feels ackward at his photos taken, let's show appearances as they are,,,Although it was a little difficult to pursuade him, the thing I was surprised at was BYJ's attitude since then. After the decision was made, he worked more postively than any other person. He himself also put efforts to show not the wonderful appearances, but more confortable,,appearance as he was.

Although the process was difficult, the result was good, and more than anything, we were satisfied as we were able to show the things he has not shown until now just as our initial intent. Although the photos album was for one time only, I think that we are going to increase plans which enables (fans) to be close to BYJ little by little.

Q: How is he as a partner in company?

A: Although I think that people who know might know, Mr. BYJ also is registered as a director of board of this company. However, that is only for the sake of formality and he does not participate in the actual management. From that perspective also, I think Mr. BYJ is a wonderful partner. He is a person who gives consideration by differenciating well the things he can do well..things the opposite person can do well. Although he knows the best retarding acting, as per the actual business, we are the professionals..As he becomes a great strength to company staff simply by working together only, I think he is a reassuring partner just for that.

Q: Isn't there any difference in your thought from before you jumped into full scale entertainment business and now when you are standing in its center?

A: I have been interested (in entertainment business) all the way from the time I was in college, and I had been working in that field also in US..as I actually do an entertainment business in full scale as I returned to Korea, it is true that there is much difference from what I have thought. Compared to advanced system in US, in our country, there are many things needing make up for yet. Although it has been changed quite a lot now, there have been much negative views on the profession of manager until now. Although it is difficult to give an actual explanation, the sure thing is that entertainment business in our country is changing greatly and is trying to make changes. I think you may think that present is a series of process undergoing change for better. And also I feel the sense of duty that I am in the center of that process, and I myself are trying ot make more efforts.

Q: What kind of company would you wish to grow (B.O.F.) in the future?

A: Although you may feel that this business is brilliant and attractive when you see from outside, it is a business with much bubble. Also, there are many people who have preconceived views....I cannot say, I did not have such worries before I began (this business). However, it is definitely different from previous time. In the midst of this business changing anew, I would like to make B.O.F. as an examplary comopany. In order to be like that, all employees at B.O.F. are trying at present also. Personally, I would like to make a company with stable system. In order not for the profit of company, but for growth of actors and company together.....

It seems that in our country, there are many cases that only actors are highlighed greatly, and the company is nothing but a slight things like simple schedule management. From that perspective, B.O.F. would make good position so that actors would leap further greatly, and create environment so that actors coould devote themselves entirely to acting, essence of actors. Although it is true now, the direction for B.O.F. to proceed in the future also will be for both actors and company to advance together.

Q: What is the difference between other companies and B.O.F.?

A: It is that out side is in accord with inside. It is a company both things shown and things you see are all as they are. Not only doing a simple management of schedule of actors, we also suggest new vision in the business side. Recently I am reading a book titled "Warm Charisma", althought the story is good but I also liked the title in my heart. If I might say my desire, I would like B.O.F. become a presence which can become a warm charisma to all people,, to actors who belong to it or to popular culture.

Q: The monetary donation by BYJ for the areas of damage from earthquake ro tsunami is becoming a topic of talk?

A: For BYJ, his feeling toward his family is special. It was (special) when I first met him and I heard that he has been like that since the time of his debut. Of course, if I do not particulary explain to you, I think yoou know better than me regarding what Mr. BYJ's feeling toward family is like. When the earthquake ocurred in Japan, I was in US on business, on one day..BYj called on the phone and told he wanted to become strength for family facing difficulty. It was a decision fitting for BYJ who is always thinking about his family. I also had same thoughts as he, we decided to donate holding an emergency meeting. Although it did not go as BYJ's thought of doing it quietly as it was known to mass media, I think it had greatly significance for the company. I think to continue to increase this kind of things also in the future.

Q: How do you think after you saw appearance of Japanese fans when you visited Japan last time?

A: Although having been hearing all the stories, we never thought exactly they give him love to this degree until we personally saw with eyes abd heard..anyway, i feel that Mr. BYJ has the same feeling. He was in the degree of showing his tears on arrival at hotel after he personally confirmed fans' love in the airport..

He told he was simply doing the acting he loved..it is only that one good drama has ended, how I got as much love as this..while saying those, he told he did not have anything to do (for fans) except for acting..It is true that he was moved at that time. Frankly, I was also really surprised at the love from Japanese family. I can do nothing but only to say that we will show you by putting much effort and woking hard even from now on in anyway. For loving hearts..I really thank you...

Q: is there any worry in communication with fans?

A: As reported on the mass media, BYJ & I are most worried about the safety of all family. It is also one of reasons for inability of all family to meet further more closely. We were really surprised and perplexed at the incident that happened when he went out of hotel despite dissuation by police during the last visit. What (to do) would be the way for family in the end..frankly I don't know it well even now. Although it is the same for BYJ wanting to meet family further more closely, it is true that we are careful at this time because unexpected accident had happened. Regarding that, the company also is making some more effort and think about a good ways..The thing more important than any is the safety of family..

Q: People are saying "Yon-sama effect"..

A: To tell you frankly, we also worry "wouldn't it be exaggerated too much, would it?". The fact that is simply fortunate is both countries of Korea and Japan are communicating each other. We have thought that in recent situation of bad economy, we hope we could be of help for the economical growths for both countries..we also have sense of duty feeling as a company. We became to have stance that, we should not act by impromptu, and even when we hold events, we should not think only of profit.

Q: Comparing with other Korean Current stars, Mr. BYJ has less in number of visits to Japan, and does not have many events..Don't you have any thought of increasing them for family?

A: At present there is no planning. BYJ is an actor before he is Korean Current star. I think that an actor has to express himself with work and acting. It is profitable for the company if we hold events, etc. showing more of his face to all fans. However, I do not want to decrease the value of actor called BYJ simply for the profit. That does not mean that the value of other actors who are actively working (in Japan) would drop. I am saying that according to the actors, the ways to expression are different.

Q:

A: FIrst, we plan to do our best in film "Oe Chool(April Snow)" which is oongoing at this time. As it is a work he came badk in a long time, I think the expectation from all family as well as Mr. BYJ is high. As it is a work BYJ as well as the company has attachment with many meanings, we plan not to do any other activities at all other than film while shooting the film. I think that all family are also waiting for the day you meet (him) with wonderful acting in good work. I would like you to wait for it even though you want to see him soon. As he wants to give greeting to you with really a good work...

Q: It seems that you are consider Korean and Japanese fans fairly..

A: I think that we would not change in that aspect. It is because the Korean family who are loving him for a long period of time and Japanese family who are giving concentrated love recently are all the same family for us..Although we do not have any plan to increase activities in Japan as of now, sometime when something like events are decided, we plan to give the same opportunities to Korean and Japanese fans..I can promise just that.

Q: Lastly, I ask you a word for Japanese family

A: In behalf of Mr. BYJ and company, I really thank you for sending warm support and love in one year of 2004. We promise that well be become BYJ..and B.O.F. who will not disappoint you in the future also.

Also, we will put more efforts to do that. Three months have already passed since year 2005 began.

I wish you good health also in this year and ask you continuous support..I really thank you..