Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

are those the hands of Ms Hong (yj's stylist) again :angry::P she's one lucky lady, earning that right to touch yong joon here and there...totally envioussss :D

Frances, would you believe me if i tell you that was me? :lol: yeah surely one lucky lady there. :)

Hey sis, can you access KOB? I can't get through. You think that the Chinese Baesis is causing the traffic after learning of Yong Joon visit on the 11th?

Syjfan, thanks for the box office result of AS in Sg. Still doing great... good AS fighting!

Guest frances

from shukan josei woman mag nov 8 issue

posted by rosie in joonsfamily

zzzz47wj.jpg

zzzz50qe.jpg

hey Liezle , KOB inaccessible ?? it was ok about 30 mins ago, just dont know now....you're right, its probably the chinese family's fault :D:D i'm so happy for them !!!

Original in Chinese: kellycai525 / www.loveyongjoon.com 2005/06/18

Translated into English: happiebb / www.joonsfamily.com

It's Not Too Late to Grow Old Together

!)

An idea suddenly came to me the other day.

And I told a friend, I want to grow old with YJ.

The friend was at first taken aback, and then he smiled.

But he did not say anything.

I smiled with him.

Although I know that he didn't think much of my bright idea,

I was still feeling quite pleased with myself.

In fact, I was feeling quite happy that I came up with that idea, that goal.

!!)

Yes.

I want to grow old with YJ.

Even if he's no longer as popular,

even if he takes off to somewhere faraway once again without a word,

and even if he gets married, have children and stays out of the public eye...

Whatever... Regardless...

I still want to keep him company and grow old with him.

!!!)

In the days that I grow old with YJ.

I wish...

To see YJ's future wife, is she gentle and beautiful?

To see YL's future children, are they healthy and lively?

And all the more, I wish to see more than anything YJ's face in the future.

Is he still able to tug at my heartstrings as easily as he does now?

Is he able to touch my heart as effortlessly as he does now?

And his smile, would his smile then be as bright and beautiful as it is now?

!!!! )

I want to grow old with YJ.

He has his worries and I will have my own set of problems.

But no matter the worries or problems,

these will not affect the destiny of our lives,

the direction that our lives are chartered towards.

Although his path and footprints have never, ever, crossed mine,

but still, warmth and affection linger in my heart.

Think about it. Just think about it.

In the coming ten or twenty years that I will walk alongside YJ...

YJ he would have long become a very special friend...

This friend, he may be somewhat of a stranger,

yet thoughts about him are always warm.

This friend, he may be somewhat familiar,

but the distance between us is actually far.

But to me, to encounter him in my life...

It's such a beautiful connection...

!!!!!)

YJ.

From today.

It's not too late for us to grow old together.

Another poem written by a korean fan in KOB. :)

Ms White posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

Translated by Joanne in BYJ's Quilt

"He always has been the future of that period"

By Ms White

"He has never waited

for the future.

He alwasy has been the future of that period."

This is the head copy of Mercedes Benz commercial carried recently in a magazine.

As my heart was deeply touched at the moment I read this, I transferred it here.

When one follows through his steps of walks,

he was reallu the future of that period all the time.

He always walked ahead of others,

he used to make unusual decision which other people would not do,

and he quietly lived his decisions, not his futures,

without minding what others said.

Even that "Oe Chool(April Snow)" which they talk about a lot

might probably shine as another different value in the future.

The reason why we are this much enthusiastic about him today is

probably because that he took strides on future like this.

The reason why we are sending him this much hot support today is

probably because that he has lived the future sternly to the extent of loneliness.

You, who are living the future more ahead of anyone,

you, who are walking the future with prouder steps than anyone.

No matter which sky you might be under,

your abundant sense of existence

makes my present beautiful.

Because I get to know you

MY TIME IS ALSO BEAUTIFUL.

Guest frances

Vivarijuni posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

translated by joanne in quilt

BYJ, the first Korean actor to hold press conference in People's Grand Hall in China

[star News]10/25/05 18:38

The "Korean Current star' BYJ will visit Beijing, China for his first official visit with 2 nights & 3 days schedule.

BYJ wil visit on November 11 for promotion in time for the Chinese opening of the film 'Oe Chool(April Snow)' by invitation from film distributor Hwasha(華影) and Jjoongbo Media.

BYJ's first Chinese visit in this time is due to enthusiastic requests from his fans who had signature drive in entire China, and Director Hur Jinho plans to accompany him.

BYJ will arrive at Beijing on 11 and stay there for 2 nights and 3 days and plans to do official schedule such as press conferences & interviews with media, special screening, and stage greeting in major theaters.

In particular, the distributor, taking into consideration of explosive interest and expectation from press for BYJ's first visit to China, plans suddenly to hold the press conference scheduled on 11 at the People's Grand Hall in Beijing for the first time for Korean actor.

Also, considering the symbolism as a representative actor in Asia, they are making preparation to greet BYJ with courtesy at the level of state guests.

BYJ's agency, BOF told, "We are glad as the Asian promotion tour of the 'Oe Chool(April Snow)' continues on to China following (that of) Taiwan & Japan. Due to positive requests for visit from the Chinese distributor since loong time ago and in order to return favors to expectation from fan family, we decided BYJ's visit," and "As much as this is the first visit to China, we will put efforts to do as many schedules as maximally possible although it is a brief trip."

Reported by Lee Kyuchang,ryan@mtstarnews.com,star@mtstarnews.com

Copyright ⓒ Money Today Star News

Geudae posted this on the Freeboard of Daum.net byjintoronto Café.

Translated by Joanne in BYJ's Quilt

Interview with BYJ [Woman Donga]

October 2005

The 'Oe Chool' (April Snow) is actually an adultery film in one word, and what is your thought about adultery?

Adultery is not a special love but only a special experience. Because I myself could not have sympathy with such love. Always keeping faith in, depending on, filling up empty places, eternally loving together, until now I have wish to be able to find that kind love.

When you love a woman, do you have complete faith in her like Insoo?

(Decisively)Yes, I do. Hence, frankly speaking, I could not have sympathy in this film. I could not understand Insoo who fell in love with Seoyoung. If I were him, because the shock I received from my wife's betrayal is too big so that I might not able to see any other things. As you know, Insoo wanted his comatose wife to wake up as soon as possible. Because he wanted to ask her, 'Why did you do such thing as I had faith in you and loved you'. However, while doing that, he was getting attracted to another woman, Seoyoung. I could not understand it. BYJ did not hesitate to say that he himself was a conservative man. He told he is the style of throwing in everything when he loved a woman.

While the sex (scene) you showed in the ¡'Scandal' was aggressive and manly, that in 'Oe CHool'(April Snow) that begins with posture of woman on top seems soft. Would such scene be a love scene which also matches image of BYJ?

(While laughing)Ah, rather than my image I felt that this film was not literally a movie but instead of such film in which the things I actually experienced would be unveiled through films. BYJ's image was the image of Insoo, and Insoo was BYJ. While Jo Won in 'Scandal' was a character who was developed either by taking out things which was not in me or taking out a small things hidden inside of me, Insoo was transferring me as intact as I am. I have never thought that I was indecisive even once. However, in this film, Insoo, even after he knew his spouse¡¯s affair, looked very much incisive. I wonder if my heart was more suffocating because of that

Once you show us, wouldn't it be better if it (love scene) was hotter?

Hahaha, I wanted that the bed scene was rather not too stimulating. Because it is a bed scene embracing sorrow, pain, and anxious feeling instead of joy.

You figure is impressive to the extent one might make mistake if the body was enhanced with computer graphic, and are you still that muscular even now?

No(laughing).

There are some pointing out that because the figure of body is too good so that the bed scene is rather unrealistic.

yes. That is also a part which is wanting. I think if there was a little bit part which broke the emotion. The touching of each other's body by man and woman itself is to show a certain emotion but this looks like showing off body, not emotion from some perspective(Laugh). However, I feel that we cannot help Because that was BYJ and that was Insoo. Frankly because I am a man, I have desire to have strong body. Just like women also have desire to be slim. It seems to be a very difficult thing. That to build body like that and to maintain it. If I were not an actor, I could not build body to that extent. Because it was very painful

Both smile and tear fits well with you and which expression is more comfortable personally?

(Laugh) how can a crying be more comfortable? Smiling is better because it is a part of routine daily living. However, I never instilled eye drops while tear shedding acting.

Because of high popularity in Japan, there are worries that we are losing our BYJ.

There may be people who have such thoughts probably because of history problem with Japan. I wish you to think wider. I am an actor. What I can do is cultural communication. If I have to talk about something politically, then I should quit being an actor and do politics. I would like Korean media not to see the Korean Current too much of one-directional flow. They express like capturing so and so places. Instead of doing that, I wish (Media on Hanllyu) to think in the frame of cultural communication bigger than that and to see its movement in bi-directionally, not one-directional flow. I think that each Asian country is already equipped with cultural industry and production system. Wouldn't the status of Asian culture become higher in global market if directors, producers, actors jointly work together and create the contents. together?

Lately, there is also a feeling that actor, BYJ is gradually going far away from Korean fans.

In the future, when time passes, we will be more close. Frankly, when I was younger than now, there were parts that were not smooth. However, as time passes, they are getting smoothened little by little. I think there would be opportunity to go near to the public in the future.

How long ,do you see, would your popularity in Japan last?

Well, I did not think about it. I would like to feel and enjoy now, this moment.

Do you actually have kind and manly personality?

(With mischievous expressions)Why, I see that I have such things(Laugh). It is like this. Because I am a man, I would like to be manly and I would like to warm people who take care of me, as you know every one has such heart to love? Although I am not naturally warm and manly, efforts (to be) such seem to be creating me like that.

Don't you have thought to get out of image of Joonsahng in WLS?

Frankly, in some moment, I have thought 'Ah, I would like to do different things, not melodramas now.' I mean action or stronger images. However, while filming the film 'Oe Chool' (April Snow) in this time, I felt that there could be forms of love with different depths. I wanted to feel such things again and wanted to have deeper emotion.

When you do not have work, what do you do?

I do weight training and also run hard along the Han river. I also like computer games(Laugh).

There is some pointing out that you are gradually getting stereotyped as unrealistic princely image.

Princely image. That, I cannot help. It is because there are things (people) want from me. That is I myself cannot get out of such mold. While many people who treasure me are saying 'I like this of BYJ, or I like that of(of BYJ), I myself is creating it. By the way, although it would become a problem if I do not know about this fact at all, I do know that. Thus, I would like to resolve those parts in a variety of ways.

As you have earned really a lot of money, what is your plan to spend all that much money?

(with serious expression)I do not know. This is a difficult question. In some aspect, it is only natural to return to society as much as I earn. Uhm, I think that when one makes money, it is really a happy thing to be able to spend money for people I like. When I was young, I have a memory that I could not give birthday present to close friend because I really did not have one 10,000 won bill. You know that I am able to do it now

Which style of woman do you like?

(The thoughts) have changed very much. In the past, I have talked about the outer appearance, and in some moment, I have emphasized the personality. However, at this time, I like woman whom I can be with throughout live, and who can fill up my insufficient portion, is understanding, and who can be together with me for a long time.

Do you have any plan to marry?

Although I do not have any plan yet, I have to do it. (Laughing)Please make sure you come when I get married.

Written by Lee Seungjae, Reporter at Donga Daily

BYJ, the first Korean actor to hold press conference in People's Grand Hall in China

[star News]10/25/05 18:38

Another yahoo for Yong Joon!

I'm sure Baesis in China are now excited and planning. Some Japanese family are also going to China. Hhhmmm i wonder if the Sg baegals are also planning in going? :);) .

This will definitely be an Affair to Remember in November with Yong Joon :wub:

Guest frances

got this photo from byjff

looks like the packaging for the Drama BYJ DVD

(contains 2 DVDs- scenes fr 10 yrs drama / 2004 asian tour)

zdrama0js.jpg

200509251623280100_1.jpg

200509251623280100_2.jpg

Thanks Frances for posting the book from www.winlovesong.com. That photo was just posted in kob with a small article i hope that we can get a translation soon. On his way to Japan he was reading a philosophy book.

The Drama DVD is only available in Japan right? Geez...sigh...

Guest frances

The Drama DVD is only available in Japan right? Geez...sigh...

Katherina of byjff posted in quilt that the Drama BYJ DVD Korean version w/ English/Chinese sub will be available but she did not mention where and when..probably yesasia ??

Guest delinnia

Good Morning Liez and Frances,

A wonderful day to start with green forest and a beautiful dawn.

BYJ: (The thoughts) have changed very much. In the past, I have talked about the outer appearance, and in some moment, I have emphasized the personality. However, at this time, I like woman whom I can be with throughout live, and who can fill up my insufficient portion, is understanding, and who can be together with me for a long time.

I wonder what is his insufficient portion. It must be Love Portion No. 10. Liez, do you have that portion?Would you like to make one for him? :lol::lol::lol:

(Trans.) One more film review of 'April Snow' from Eiga.com

Translated and posted by Myonne in BYJ's Quilt

Myonne wrote ~

Hi, again, one more film review. ( a bit belated)

ottoke~. i got addicted to AS, can't stop !

Pls bear and enjoy.

Film Review ‘April Snow’ from Eiga.com

Film review of recommendable films by popular film critics

Date: September 20, 2005

Writer: Kyoko Moriyama

as_eigacom.jpg

“April Snow”

* Snow blesses quiet and non-assertive people.

The world of Director Hur Jinho is a ‘haiku’ poem.*

There is little language, but is plenty of unfilled void and space between the lines.

Noisy explanation is avoided and the characters’ feelings are shown overlapped by rich images. This is such a film.

I cannot forget the silent exchanges between the old lady who prepares for her own picture of the late and the master of a photo studio in “Christmas in August”. It is a beautiful scene where the tenderness shared by only those who realize the time of death is condensed in the act of taking a photograph.

The characters who tell the world of Hur Jinho are all quiet and non-assertive people.

Bea Yongjoon and Son Yejin in “April Snow” are not an exception. Their respective husband and wife have an extramarital affair relation, and, moreover, they are in a serious unconscious condition due to a traffic accident. In such a helpless situation, though, the two persons give vent to neither anger nor sorrow.

Hur Jinho makes them conceal their agony from friends and family and share their painful time solely between themselves. And he patiently continues waiting for their love to grow.

It is as if he wanted to depict the patient persons who do not strive to assert themselves, which is scarcity value of today, rather than to depict a love story.

Therefore, catharsis comes in the snow in April at the end. To our eyes the snow looks like what affirms and blesses the moderate way of life of these two people.

*'haiku' = as you know, a very short form (17 syllables, 5-7-5) poem in Japan.

Hi D! Potion #10? Geez, i don't think that'll be effective to fill that insufficient portion that he's talking about. What he needs is moi ;)*liezle runs away...zoooooooooom*

When you love a woman..." BYJ did not hesitate to say that he himself was a conservative man. He told he is the style of throwing in everything when he loved a woman.

I think Yong Joon is a very passionate person. :wub:

How long ,do you see, would your popularity in Japan last?

Well, I did not think about it. I would like to feel and enjoy now, this moment.

I think that come hell or hight water Yong Joon will forever be popular in the Japanese heart.

Don't you have thought to get out of image of Joonsahng in WLS?

Frankly, in some moment, I have thought 'Ah, I would like to do different things, not melodramas now.' I mean action or stronger images. However, while filming the film 'Oe Chool' (April Snow) in this time, I felt that there could be forms of love with different depths. I wanted to feel such things again and wanted to have deeper emotion.

I really want to see him in an action drama movie likewise another drama series similar to CIS or NYPD :)

As you have earned really a lot of money, what is your plan to spend all that much money?

(with serious expression)I do not know. This is a difficult question. In some aspect, it is only natural to return to society as much as I earn. Uhm, I think that when one makes money, it is really a happy thing to be able to spend money for people I like. When I was young, I have a memory that I could not give birthday present to close friend because I really did not have one 10,000 won bill. You know that I am able to do it now.

Our man is not stingy nor spends his money extravagantly. He has a very big heart and spends his money wisely.

(The thoughts) have changed very much. In the past, I have talked about the outer appearance, and in some moment, I have emphasized the personality. However, at this time, I like woman whom I can be with throughout live, and who can fill up my insufficient portion, is understanding, and who can be together with me for a long time.

Whoever he likes, i like too for so long that he is happy.

Do you have any plan to marry?

Although I do not have any plan yet, I have to do it. (Laughing)Please make sure you come when I get married

Hhmmm, he's so busy with work. I wonder when this big event be?

Guest vignette

Good morning baegals!

I love reading the interviews the BYJ gives because it's always insightful. Leizle better run fast, a lot of his fans will be joining the race. :D

Frances, I just got word that the tv ads for AS here will be limited to channels 2 and 23. Hopefully we can begin to see newspaper write-ups next week. The press kits were only finished yesterday, will get a sample later as well as photos and posters. I will try posting them later.

Guest s_h_a_d_o_w

I'm about to watch UNTOLD SCANDAL now. Hope this is good... :unsure: So he only has 2 movies? Untold Scandal and April Snow? Does anyone know when April Snow is available for download or purchase or something? I really want to watch it. :(

Guest frances

I'm about to watch UNTOLD SCANDAL now. Hope this is good... :unsure: So he only has 2 movies? Untold Scandal and April Snow? Does anyone know when April Snow is available for download or purchase or something? I really want to watch it. :(

hey shadow , personally, Untold is one of my favorites. its the korean version of dangerous liaisons ( glenn close/john malkovich), period drama w/ touch of eroticism. byj's character here is a complete turnaround fr his image & wherein i really admired his guts in choosing this role. untold is a quality film & there are even critics who chose this film as one of the top 10 films of 2004. when u watch this film, forget all the images you have of byj before, watch it as if its the first time you encountered the actor Bae Yong Joon. ;)

just wait 2 more months & AS dvd will be available in yesasia ( their tentative sched of release).

hello vignette, thanks again sis for the update. i was really hoping that TV ads will also include ch 7 since this channel shows korean dramas on a regular basis thus it has a large base of kr drama/movie fans. anyways, lets just hope that AS will gain momentum in our place & ABS will hit the right chord in its promo blitz.

Hi s_h_a_d_o_w and welcome to the thread! Untold Scandal is BYJ's first movie after being in the entertainment industry for 10 years. If you've seen Yong Joon's other dramas you'll be surprised to see a very different Yong Joon here. I recommend that you read Photodocumentary on Untold Scandal that BYJ wrote himself in the previous pages (about 5 pages back).

April Snow is not yet available in DVD. I think it was announced that it'll be release sometime December. Please do read the reviews on AS in the previous pages.

Btw, I've posted below Shirley compilation which she posted in BYJ' Quilt, Untold Scandal's snippets from various film festivals.

“Untold Scandal” was invited to the following film festivals:

1. Pusan International Film Festival, South Korea (Oct 2003): received NETPAC Award (network for the promotion of Asian cinema) for Best Korean Film - Untold Scandal

2. Berlin International Film Festival, Germany (Feb 5 – 15, 2004):

For my money, the best film at Berlin so far has not been in the main competition but in the international cinema sidebar. Untold Scandal, by the South Korean director E.J. Yong, is an exquisite reworking of Dangerous Liaisons transplanted to 18th-century Korea. The story of a cynical seduction that turns to grand romance, then to tragedy, is revitalised by this magnificent-looking film. Its eroticism, mystery and poignancy are captivating and the performances are outstanding. It surely can't be long before the rest of the world will be able to see this marvellous film. From The Guardian by Peter Bradshaw in Berlin

3. Deauville Asian Film Festival, France (Mar 10-14, 2004): Closing Film

4. New Directors/ New Films, New York, USA (Mar 24 –Apr 4, 2004): only 22 movies all over the world were included and only 2 Asian films were included

5.Verona Romance Film Festival, Italy (Apr 16-25, 2004):

The prize for Best Artistic, Technical or Creative Contribution goes to E J-yong for the direction of “Untold Scandal”.

The accredited journalists at the festival awarded the “Stefano Reggiani” special prize from the Veneto’s Order of Journalists to “Untold Scandal” (South Korea), directed by E J-yong, for the following reasons: “For the chromatic elegance of the photography, which creates descriptive and lyrical scenes of luminous incisiveness; for the balance of contrasting emotions played as opposing forces yet voices of a solid musical harmony. For the symbolic value of detail and its meticulous care, open to allegory and metaphor; and for the sound-track: orchestral counterpoint which is discreet – subtly minimal, never overpowering”.

6. Barcelona Asian Film Festival, Spain (Apr 30- May 8, 2004): Opening Film

The best way to start BAFF was with one of the latest jewels from that country: Untold Scandal. Directed by E J-yong, this period film is an adaptation of the classic French novel “Dangerous Liasions”, but this time transposed to fit Korea’s Chosun Dinasty period. And it sure works! The story works perfectly well, portraying the struggles between the repressive customs of that period and people’s desires, with that Korean touch. The director, with the help of impressive performances from all the cast, the beautiful scenery and a brilliant production design, is capable of creating a superb movie which surely deserves a viewing!

7. Seattle International Film Festival, USA (May 20 – Jun 13, 2004): the largest film festival in the U.S.

I've now seen the Dangerous Liason story done at least three times, and this is every bit as good as any other version. Actually, the story translates very well into a Korean film of nobility and manners in the 18th century. This film has unbelievably wonderful costumes, makeup, hair, sets. Every visual aspect was under total control and seemed authentic. The acting was above average. … the best looking film of the festival so far. -from 2004 Seattle International Film Festival Journal

8. Shanghai International Film Festival, China (Jun 5 – 13, 2004): received 3 awards Best Director Award, Best Music Award, 500 journalists at the festival awarded Best Visual and Sound Effects to Untold Scandal

9. Sydney Film Festival, Australia (Jun 11-26, 2004): official selection

This masterfully crafted costume drama is a luscious, sexy and sly re-telling of 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses', brilliantly transposed to Korea at the end of the 18th century.

10. Los Angeles Film Festival, USA (Jun 17-26, 2004): official selection

With exquisite cinematography and gorgeous sets and costumes of 18th century Korea, this elegant film is mesmerizing and painfully gripping at the same time. …. Bae Yong-jun succeeds at giving the character great depth and layers. Asia Pacific Arts

11. Edinburgh International Film Festival, United Kingdom (Aug 18-29, 2004) (the UK's leading Film Festival): Closing Film

The “Scandal” is an outstanding film which is equal to the “2046”, esthetically & artistically and it will become a good chance to confirm the status of Korean movies which are distinguishing themselves in the World film field.

Excellent acting from Lee Mi-sook as Lady Cho and Bae Yong-jun as Cho-won (by Elf)

12. Montreal World Film Festival, Canada (Aug 26-Sep 6, 2004)

The invited field is 'Cinemas of Asia' section in the Montreal Film Festival, 'Scandal' by E-J Young has been invited and compete with 25 movies from Asia for the 'Golden Zenith' Award.

The Montreal Film Festival is an international film festival held every September in Montreal in Quebec in Canada, and it boasts the authority and scale equal to the world's 3 major film festival.

13. Korean Film Festival, Auckland, New Zealand (Oct 22-31, 2004)

Untold Scandal possesses a beauty beyond 'skin-deep', and comes as highly recommended viewing.–Mia V

14. Hawaii International Film Festival, Hawaii, USA (Oct 2004)

one of the world’s ten most important film festivals and Untold Scandal is one of the festival's Signature Galas

15. Leeds International Film Festival, United Kingdom (Oct 29-Nov 7, 2004):

Official selection

An exquisitely photographed cavalcade of vivid colours and gorgeous sets complimented by fine performances, particularly from Bae Yong-jun, as the villain of the piece.

16. Three Rivers Film Festival, Pittsburgh, PA, USA (Nov. 5 – 18, 2004) (Filmmaker’s Film Festival)

Breathtakingly filmed with meticulous attention to details, Scandal is a feast for the senses.

17. Anchorage Film Festival, Alaska, USA (Dec 5, 2004)

Bae Yong-jun is not as devilish as John Malkovich, who played the role in the American film, but he is more playful in his deceits. He's also more believable as a man for whom the ladies would fall. … Director E J-Yong succeeds because he treats the subject with irony and makes the story even more sophisticated than it was originally conceived. Miami Herald

18. Glasgow World Film Festival, Scotland (Feb 10-17,2005)

The ever-growing Asian film industry is represented by, among others, “Untold Scandal” – a Korean take on “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” set in aristocratic 18th-century Korea.

19. Third Jameson Dublin International Festival, Ireland (Feb 11-20, 2005)

Untold Scandal, a version of ‘Les Liaisons Dangereuses’, was for Michael Dwyer "one of the most beautiful, gorgeous looking films I’ve ever seen." Asian Horizons

20. Bradford Film Festival, United Kingdom (March 4-19, 2005)

-as Special Preview at the National Museum of Photography, Film and Television.

The tenth film based on Choderlos de Laclos 18th Century novel of courtly sexual intrigue, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, this unexpected Korean adaptation is almost perfect. The central performance from Bae Yong-Jun, as the seducer Jo-won, is magnificent combining sublime charm and base deceit. Equally, Lee Mi-Suk as the arch manipulator Lady Cho, would be an outstanding Lady Macbeth on this form.

21. Istanbul International Film Festival, Turkey (April 2-17, 2005)

“Scandal-The Love Story of Men & Women in Chosun” by Director E J-Yong is invited to international competition section so that it plans to add its power in creating Korean film boom.

22. Belfast Film Festival, United Kingdom (April 7-16, 2005)

This stunning film had me entranced throughout its entire two hours. It’s rich, dynamic and absorbing, and a genuine cinematic triumph. …. You’ll enjoy a cavalcade of gorgeous sets, a story of remarkable emotional force, and an ending to die for. Fantastic.

–Leicester Mercury – UK News

23. Alba Regia International Film Festival, Székesfehérvár, Hungary (June 6-12, 2005)