Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Thanks Chili and Sara for posting Priscilla's essay from Hotelier. I'm actually a fan of hers. She's also a soompier :) and a big fan also of my other man ;)

Hey ...liezle...I know who is your other man

I was a fan of hers too as she used to be very active in Quilt before she changed camp

Reposting article

Tigger mom posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

Behind story of filming of 'Oe Chool as told by BYJ

[sports Today]8/30/05 12:00

In the inverview, BYJ introduced behind stories, during filming of the 'Oe Chool(April Snow)' which lasted for 5 months from early February to the end of June,which would not be shown on the screen.

○…Go Stop: The scene he was playing Go Stop with SYJ in the film in hotel room was not acting but a real situation. While they play Go Stop with director and producer when they had spare time for a while, they agreed on to include that scene into the film. While shooting with SYJ, the played about 2 games, there was real difference of scores by over 100. The line by SYJ, "Please calculate once more if it is correct" was out spontaneously at that time.

○…Hur JinhoⅠ: When coming to the location site, Director E-J Yong of my previous film 'Scandal-The Love Story of Men and Women in Chosun' came out all of angle of camera, screen size, movement lines by actors and even their expressions in his brain. However, Director Hur was exactly opposite to him. When filming, it was all that he talked "I wonder if now is a situation where Insoo is a little bit attracted to Seoyoung," and "please try to act once."

○…Hur Jiinho II: As he leave everything to actors without any request, you should not take him lightly. While he pretend not to watch, he accurately grasp the emotion of actors. When I acted in the similar emotion to the previous one, as I was tired of shooting which was repeated many times, he right away checked saying "Do you really have to raise that hand?"

○…Alcoholic drink: The scene of crying after drinking at pork meat restaurant was the situation I was really drunken. This was the first time I acted after drinking. As I felt ashamed for red face when I drank, I have been avoiding such situations, I thought I could not know Insoo's heart without drinking at all.

○…“That man is dead”: This is a line Insoo tells his wife Soojin who regained consciousness the fact that her affair partner, Kyeongho, was dead. Although the line was short, it was really difficult to act. I had to contain the state of heart overlapping gladness that wife became alive, hate about her affair, and sorry feeling about his secret love with Seoyoung, etc. in that one line monologue.

○…Sohn Yejin: Although young, she thinks deeply and she has well established value view regarding life and acting. Also she was an extreme mania for reading books. Whenever I met on the shooting sites, she always held a book in her hand, and after several days, the book would have changed.

Reported by Kim Jae beom,oldfield@stoo.com,

Copyright © Sports Today

Hey ...liezle...I know who is your other man

I was a fan of hers too as she used to be very active in Quilt before she changed camp

uhum my other man :rolleyes: who is out for 2 years doing his military service ;)

while waiting for the my other man, this man below, i've been inlove with him for 3 years now :wub:

swimming_.GIF

izou26.jpg

thank you Frances unni for posting these images.

Move over Bae Yong Joon

He's the new hero

By Chang May Choon

October 25, 2005

FILM producers love him as much as fans do.

Korea's Jang Dong Gun is loved by fans and movie producers alike, drawing a whopping 11.7 million admissions for his recent movie. --PUSAN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL

Meet Jang Dong Gun, recently voted as South Korea's Most Bankable Movie Star.

The 33-year-old actor is best known for his signature film, Brotherhood - the top-grossing Korean film of all time with 11.7 million admissions - and has two highly-anticipated upcoming titles, The Promise and Typhoon.

His pulling power is estimated to be 1.4 million people, according to a survey done by The Chosun Ilbo. It was based on the opinions of the country's Top 12 most influential film producers.

Coming a close second is teen idol Moon Geun Young, 18, of Innocent Steps and My Little Bride fame. She attracts an estimated 1.3 million movie-goers.

I don't know why the media like to link YJ's name to other actor...can't they just put the actor's that they are talking about in the title...so sure YJ is not bankable anymore...so don't you think it a waste of time for the media to talk about YJ...don't get me wrong..I am sick and tired by the way the media portrayed YJ

I don't know why the media like to link YJ's name to other actor...can't they just put the actor's that they are talking about in the title...so sure YJ is not bankable anymore...so don't you think it a waste of time for the media to talk about YJ...don't get me wrong..I am sick and tired by the way the media portrayed YJ

Sara, it's been a vicious cycle. They did it last year and early this year and they're doing it again. The media found another venue to lash on Yong Joon...AS. It's a good thing that we Yong Joon fans has Fumi to give us what is really happening in the Kr and Jp entertainment industry, otherwise we are all pulling our hair now, don't you so think? ;):D

Anyway, let us just savor on the success of AS and Yong Joon's popularity in and outside of Korea. We all know that Japan is a very hard country to penetrate and amongst the Asian stars, i believe Yong Joon is the most successful to be able to win the hearts of the Japanese which is considered to be the Hollywood in Asia.

Guest frances

sara, they have to attach the name of yong joon so that ppl will be enticed to read it ...be it a byj fan or a non byj fan, be it a good or sloppy article, they just love to read articles that deals with byj.

i love what D said in sokorean...these producers just dont have the time for byj coz he does not fill their pockets though byj fill the pockets of lots of ordinary koreans who earn extra money coz of the impact of the kr wave that was spearheaded by byj.

thats kr showbiz, you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours.

Good news!

The screening of April Snow was originally intended to end on 21st Oct, was extended to 28th Oct and now further extended to 4th Nov due to good box office sales.

Hopefully the extension will allow April Snow to overtake Hero as top grossing asia movie.

Go go baesisters in Japan!

Guest frances

Good news!

The screening of April Snow was originally intended to end on 21st Oct, was extended to 28th Oct and now further extended to 4th Nov due to good box office sales.

Hopefully the extension will allow April Snow to overtake Hero as top grossing asia movie.

Go go baesisters in Japan!

thats indeed a great news !!! ...the 3 million audience mark is just around the corner & AS is now gunning for the record of the highest grossing Asian film in Japan.

so far AS has already earned more than 24 bil won, so its likely to earn up to 30 bln won ??? fighting !!!!

but whatever is the result, we're already very proud of AS, Dir Hur, BYJ & SYJ for what they have accomplished in Japan. its not easy to conquer japan...the biggest ent market in Asia :)

Guest vignette

Hi Sara, frances and liezle. I was really tempted to make a comment on JDG thread when I saw that early this morning but stopped myself because it's not really their fault but the writer who used such a title just to attract attention. I feel sick when they continue to attack BYJ yet they always use him and his work as a benchmark to compare with the artist they favor. I'm glad a lot of our sisters are taking action to protect Yong Joon.

sara, they have to attach the name of yong joon so that ppl will be enticed to read it ...be it a byj fan or a non byj fan, be it a good or sloppy article, they just love to read articles that deals with byj.

i love what D said in sokorean...these producers just dont have the time for byj coz he does not fill their pockets though byj fill the pockets of lots of ordinary koreans who earn extra money coz of the impact of the kr wave that was spearheaded by byj.

thats kr showbiz, you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours.

Hey Liezle & frances

Don't mind me ...I've read an upsetting mail from one of our Japan sis regarding AS in Japan...Our Japan sis works really hard to get the target of 3 million audience..Some of them had watch AS more than 30 times

Hi Sara, frances and liezle. I was really tempted to make a comment on JDG thread when I saw that early this morning but stopped myself because it's not really their fault but the writer who used such a title just to attract attention. I feel sick when they continue to attack BYJ yet they always use him and his work as a benchmark to compare with the artist they favor. I'm glad a lot of our sisters are taking action to protect Yong Joon.

Hi vignette...I don't think other actor get this kind of bashing article from the media..

Only YJ get this kind of treatment :angry: I am not blaming other actors

Style posted this on the Freeboard of Daum.net's byjfan Cafe(cafe.daum.net/byjfan).

She reported from a blog on Paran

translated and posted by Joanne in BYJ's Quilt

BYJ & Jaguar-Story about selection of BYJ's car~

Reposted from Paran4/28/01

Source of writing: Car

Author: ceokoo(Koo Inwan)

Lately, I am deeply indulging in MBC 'Hotelier'.

It is interesting and the cast(BYJ, Kim Seungwoo, Song Yoona, Song Hyegyo) are very good..

They say that in the stage of planning for the drama, there was a great under water war for selecting BYJ's car.

Because not only he was coming back in 2 years(Is it correct?-,-a),

but he also changed into far more wonderful appearace losing weight compared to the past..

In addition..BYJ's character was..

Harvard graduated M&A expert.

Although he is a owner of cool-headed thinking, he is a romantist who loves Song Yoona..

The backdrop of the drama also is wonderful hotel.

As they were selecting a car which will be with a character in the drama

certainly having outer appearance, ability, & background also, big commotion happened

in each import car company..Because it was the important opportunity for promotion..

Thus, Benz New S-Class, E-Class, BMW 528,

Lincoln Towncar, Cadillac Deville and Seville, Jaguar S-type, Audi, etc. etc..

Countless cars were eagerly expecting(?) to be with BYJ..

However..because Lee Byeongheon drove Benz SLK,

and his father occasionally appear riding in Seville

in the 'Beautiful Days'on SBS, the competition program of the Hotelier,

Benz & Cadillac were left out..

The production crew of the drama and BYJ who received BMW data..

After looking at 528..."Too weak" -_-;

And Lincoln Towncar..Because BYJ appeared in Lincoln Towncar Super Limousine

when he was in Las Vegas,

because of opinion wondering if it was O.K. to ride Towncar again in Korea,

the Towncal also failed...

As Audi sponsored So Jiseob

in the 'Delicious Proposal' which aired prior to the 'Hotelier',

it was also left out because it might have problem of favoritism to have it appear again...

And..although Hyundae also sent data on Equus..

there simply was no answer at all--:

Leaving out countless cars, after repeated confusion, they decided on

Jaguar S-type in the end for a car which would back up Mr. Bae's style.

Because the S-type looks a little particular compared to other cars..

and they judged that it would match well with

BYJ's charisma, cold-headed thinking, and romantisit, etc. etc..

Particularly, as soon as BYJ saw S-type, he told that was it...

and gave the highest praises that it was the car his feeling comes on.

Anyway, BYJ must feel good..as he receivs all the good sponsorship

In the scenes where BYJ appeared in suit..how much the cost for sponsorship to make up Mr. BYJ?

They said it cost close teo 10 million won..the suits. watch, belt, glasses, shoes, pen, etc. etc...

Guest frances

sara, now i'm totally intrigued by that mail :o:o dont tell me that the kr saboteurs are still doing their foul antics in jpn ??

AS is successful in japan not only becoz of the hardwork of our japan family but also due to the support of ordinary jpn moviegoers who appreciate a good film.

hello vignette, we really have to brace ourselves for more writeups that will somehow give an unfair connotation on byj. the guy is famous, what else can we do?? as long as he's up there, lots of ppl will keep on throwing hard objects at him and wishing that he will fall down.

me too, me too i'm now intrigue :huh:

anyway, i got an email from one of our korean beasister after sending her a very long email and she told me not to get upset and that news varies from time to time. it just really so happen that Yong Joon is on the spot now because of April Snow's success in some parts of Asia, Vancouver, Toronto and San Sebastian Film Fest.

Btw, not in the news much is that AS was bought in the recently concluded PIFF by an US distributor and will have screening in diff parts of the US soon.

Something to be proud of, right? So cheer up baesis!

Guest frances

BOF Notice about BYJ’s visit to China on 11 November

Greetings BYJ family members,

We hope you are enjoying the beautiful autumn season while taking care of yourselves from

cold.

In order for the movie promotion for ‘April Snow’, Bae Yong Joon will visit Beijing, China on

11 November with the director Hur Jin Ho. This trip has been requested from the movie

distribution company in China. He will stay in Beijing for 3days for press conference, press

interviews, special premiere and stage greetings.

Considering this trip will be the first visit to China, we would appreciate your kind interest

and support. We also thank for all your anticipation toward BYJ’s visit to China so far.

Best wishes,

BOF

BOF Notice about BYJ’s visit to China on 11 November

whoa great news! but why 11? hehehehehe...don't mind me it's a personal thing :D

i'm so happy with our Baesis especially those in Beijing. Their wish is about to come true. They've been waiting for this time to come. After Japan, Singapore and Taiwan Yong Joon will soon conquer China! Yahoo! *liezle jumping for joy* (soompi doesn't have the emoticons that i used to use before when i'm going crazy :) )

Guest frances

whoa great news! but why 11? hehehehehe...don't mind me it's a personal thing :D

i'm so happy with our Baesis especially those in Beijing. Their wish is about to come true. They've been waiting for this time to come. After Japan, Singapore and Taiwan Yong Joon will soon conquer China! Yahoo! *liezle jumping for joy* (soompi doesn't have the emoticons that i used to use before when i'm going crazy :) )

hahaha...yeah, why nov 11 ??? :rolleyes:

so its gonna be nov 11-13, i hope the chinese channels in our cable will also telecast his visit just what they did during his taiwan visit..its like seeing yong joon 24/7 for 3 days ;)

Guest vignette

congratulations to our mainland china sisters! I know how much they longed for this day to come.

18_1_37.gifliezle, I tried checking my emoticon files but I can't find any jumping gals so I hope this will do for now.

Box office ranking for 22 to 23 Oct in Singapore

1 Flight Plan

2 Transporter 2

3 Deuce Bigalow

4 Election

5 The Skeleton Key

6 The 40 Year Old Virgin

7 April Snow

8 Sympathy For Lady Vengeance

9 The Wig

10 The Myth

Source: Yahoo movies

Guest frances

84803_1121266841.jpg

are those the hands of Ms Hong (yj's stylist) again :angry::P she's one lucky lady, earning that right to touch yong joon here and there...totally envioussss :D