How Many Times Did You Fail The Road Test?

Guest BORGUSX

I passed the written test. but for driving practically test.

one time, I failed because I forgot to look for incoming cars when I put the car on reverse. xD

I made traffic jam too xD I failed to reverse the car quickly as possible and put it to safe mode.

I broke the right rule. And apparently I didnt drive economically.

ps: The car was manual, so I had to drive with clutch and manual stick xD

the woman I had was mean to me. she nitpicked on everything, never said anything nice or what was good. Or what I could improve

The second time, I had a man. he was really sweet, and didnt give me a hard time. I passed part 1, which was safety mode question.

when I went uphill and down hill it was too quick so I was driving 60 km in 80 km zone. and then he meant that there was unnecessary breaks/stop during right rules around cross ways. Either way, I passed :D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest D1style

I passed on my first try, although, I have been driving dirt bikes since I was 14 and got my license right away when I was 16. I also drove around without a license so I was pretty confident and comfortable, haha.

Guest Luxirie

I passed the driving test on my first try but I did get a couple points knocked off for not checking for cars when cutting lanes and stopping at stop signs.

• 2 months later...
Guest ExcitingMeiji

For my Learners, I failed once but apparently everyone that got this fat lady fails, like 98% failure rate with her LOL passed the second time with flying colors.

Actual license, passed in one try :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Courtknee

I got my permit and my license with two tries on each.

Permit test - didn't read the dmv book.

License - didn't look at the bike lane (which was an automatic fail).

Guest ChingGoo

how the heck can they tell you didn't look?

I remember back in highschool, a friend of mine failed for the same reason.

Guest FluffyBunnyPwn

Written test: Failed the first time by TWO QUESTIONS OMFG, and passed it flawlessly the second time.

Driving test: Failed twice and got it the 3rd time, thank goodness.

1st fail: Now this one was tricky. The instructor told me to change lanes to the left, but at the same time, the car behind changed to the left as well. The instructor was also a little iffy on this one, stating that I would've passed if not for that situation and downgraded my score for not fully being aware of the situation before changing lanes.

2nd fail: I swear this driving instructor just didn't want to come in to work that day, because she was grumpy as hell. I was about 3 minutes into the driving test and she automatic failed me for not checking for cars before making a left turn at a stop sign...... she was also a little nit-picky during the pre-test because the "defrost" sign in my car was a little scratched off (used car after all...). DMVs seem to make people miserable, both workers and customers alike.

• 4 weeks later...

I failed the written once and passed on the first try for the road test. 

My friend recently did his road test and failed twice. It was the same mistake for both times too...

I failed my permit test once and passed the second time with only 2 errors. I just took my behind-the-wheel driving test today at the Santa Teresa DMV and I failed because I made a critical error near the end of the test. :( I was making a right turn at a red light and didn't see oncoming cars turning in so the examiner had to intervene. I only had 3 non-critical errors at the end. :(

Edit: Passed on the 2nd try!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kerriganton

I failed the written once and passed on the first try for the road test. 

My friend recently did his road test and failed twice. It was the same mistake for both times too...

what was the mistake? 0.0

• 2 weeks later...
Guest akp124

I passed the first time.

My friend on the other hand....

The first time she failed the driving she was supposed to park backward from a stop sign. She turned the steering the wrong way and ended up parking the car going forward. haha

Guest dolcedor.

I failed my road test twice. The first time I failed was because I wasn't listening to the examiner when she told me to turn left at the stop sign. I somehow heard "right". So at the last second, she reminded me that I was supposed to turn, so I quickly tried to change lanes. There was another car pretty close behind me so she grabbed the steering wheel and directed me back to the right lane. Automatic fail for "dangerous driving".

The second time I failed was because I almost drove past a school bus that had its stop sign out. :| Had to be told by the examiner to stop, TWICE. Yup. Wasn't paying attention that time either.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Justy

I failed once. It was at the very end of the test. My instructor told me to turn left at a red light, didn't see the turning lane.... so trying to turn left from the right-most lane at red light. Counted major points off. During that turn, almost wrecked... definitely failed. 
Almost failed my second haha. Kept messing up at stops with and without stop lines. 

Guest CaramelSweetie

failed knowledge test once and passed on the 2nd try.failed class 7's road test once and passed on 2nd try.recently failed class 5's road test...but hopefully pass on my 2nd time to keep this trend going. :I
edit: as of 7/11, I have passed 2nd try. :)

Archived