Kam Woo Sung 감우성

JamaicaK

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kam Woo Sung in Talks to Star Alongside Lee Young Ae in New Drama
kamwoosung.png

Actor Kam Woo Sung has been offered a role in the upcoming drama “Saimdang” starring Lee Young Ae.

According to his agency, Kam Woo Sung recently met up with a representative of “Saimdang” to discuss the drama. Contrary to some reports, however, he has not looked at the script or accepted the role yet.

If the actor decides to take on the role, “Saimdang” will mark his return to the screen only a year after the end of MBC’s “My Spring Day.”

Actress Lee Young Ae has already been confirmed for the lead role. She will be playing both Shin Saimdang, a famous artist of the Joseon Dynasty, and a modern art professor.

The drama is expected to air on SBS.

Cr: Soompi

Anyone who digs Park Chan Wook's films will know Lee by her awesome performance in "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance," (also known in America, as simply, "Lady Vengeance.")
Yes!  The whole lack of a live broadcast is a real plus!  Hopefully, it will give the actors a chance to have their very best takes used for the series.
The plot sounds like the film, "Possession," starring Gwyneth Paltrow, Aaron Eckhart, Jeremy Northam, and Jennifer Ehle, that came out around 15 years ago.  Scholars are researching a famous 19th century English writer, through the writer's diary and/or letters. The film jumps back and forth, through time, between the developing love story between the researchers, and the secret affair between the writer and their lover.  I haven't seen the film since it came out, but I remember loving it.
In trying to use online translator programs, it sounds like the Korean article writers are saying that they think WS is looking at the role of a fictional character, so it won't be Shin Saimdang's husband, probably the secret lover alluded to in Shin Saimdang's diary (that Lee Young-Ae's modern-day researcher character is reading).  If WS takes the role, I hope he fares better with the audience, than Kim Ji Soo did with her fictional role, Yeohwa, in King Geunchogo.  From what I hear, Koreans HATED her character, they said, because she was fictional, whereas Hong-ran really was King Geunchogo's wife.  It didn't matter how awful Hong-ran's bullying was to Yeohwa, they saw Hong-ran as righteous, and Yeohwa as manipulative and bullying.  I was flabbergasted!  Anyway, if he shows up as a lover, while she's married, that will be a hard sell, even for me.  I think she had a reputation as a good wife and mother - (that she had a great love story with her husband?)  That's not something to mess with, when you're talking about real-life people, and especially not if the marriage was good (unless the love, with the fictional character, is platonic - unrequited love stories are heartbreaking in the most memorable way.)  Then again, the story could be interesting if she's struggling between two men she loves - if she has to fight herself to be the good wife and mother she will ultimately be seen as.
Oops.  Sorry.  I'm getting carried away with having some actual news to talk about.  Lol!  Anyway, we'll see what happens - if he thinks the script is worth tackling, or not.
From what I understand, Lee Young Ae and her husband moved into Kam's neighborhood recently.  Perhaps she told him about her project and knowing his connection with art, encouraged him to check out the script....

Ohhh i just googled Lee Young Ae .....She's beautiful...hope KWS and her will have a good chemistry...like Dong Ha and Bom Yi. The plot of this new drama sounds complicated...got to read it a few times to comprehend the story line. I.must find time to watch Lady Vengeance to get to know Lee Young Ae better. All the best to you KWS..looking forward to your new venture and hope to feel the same excitement and despair and a host of other feelings that we felt watching MSD especially...he he he

This article in English seems to come to the same conclusion I did, using Google translate.  I hope the writer is correct, because I don't trust my abilities to interpret what Google Translate comes up with.  Lol!
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/81960/20150417/kam-woo-sung-may-join-lee-young-ae-in-saimdang-the-herstory.htm

Looks like Japanese fans are getting "My Spring Day" released on DVD in July and August.
http://news.kstyle.com/article.ksn?articleNo=2018492http://www.cinematopics.com/cinema/news/output.php?news_seq=24353

Details translated:
"My life of spring day"DVD all 16 episodes / cell DVD all 2SET / rental DVD all 12 volumes● 7 月 2 日 年 2015 (Thursday) Release DVD-SET1GNBF-3401/4 Disc-first episode to eighth episodes / 360 minutes + Bonus / ¥ 15,200 + tax● 8 月 5 日 年 2015 (water) Release DVD-SET2GNBF-3402/4 Disc-Episode 9 to 16th episodes / 360 minutes + Bonus / ¥ 15,200 + tax[Each common privilege]Outer case & booklet (8P) with / Bonus: Making of the video & interview[Common Specifications]Color / Audio: Korean 2ch stereo Dolby Digital / Subtitles: Japanese / 16: 9 HD size
r.580x0

Kam Woo-sung courted to be Lee Young-ae’s leading man

Now that Lee Young-ae (Dae Jang Geum) has confirmed her drama comeback in the biopic Saimdang, The Herstory, the casting rounds have begun to find her leading man. The offer is currently out to Kam Woo-sung (My Spring Days) to co-star, which would mark his first sageuk in five years since he headlined King Geunchogo.

Saimdang is a Joseon-era historical drama about real-life artist, poet, and calligrapher Shin Saimdang, known as Wise Mother. She lived in the 16th century, and the drama will be set in both her lifetime and the present day, with Lee Young-ae playing dual roles. She’ll be a present-day historian who discovers a secret in Shin Saimdang’s life and sets out to unravel the mystery. She then also plays Shin Saimdang in the past, as the drama explores her unusual life as an educated woman in Joseon, and tells the story of her epic love.

Kam Woo-sung has been cast to play her central love interest, a fictional character invented for the drama. He’s a carefree soul trapped by the strictures of his life, and just when he’s on the verge of suffocating, a young woman hops over his wall and enters his life, changing it forever.

Continue Reading at Dramabeans

Kam Woo-sung courted to be Lee Young-ae’s leading man

I gather WS is still reviewing the script, but the article says, both, that he's under consideration, and that he's been cast.  I guess the translation needs a little more work.  :-)

JamaicaK said: Looks like Japanese fans are getting "My Spring Day" released on DVD in July and August.
http://news.kstyle.com/article.ksn?articleNo=2018492http://www.cinematopics.com/cinema/news/output.php?news_seq=24353

Details translated:
"My life of spring day"DVD all 16 episodes / cell DVD all 2SET / rental DVD all 12 volumes● 7 月 2 日 年 2015 (Thursday) Release DVD-SET1GNBF-3401/4 Disc-first episode to eighth episodes / 360 minutes + Bonus / ¥ 15,200 + tax● 8 月 5 日 年 2015 (water) Release DVD-SET2GNBF-3402/4 Disc-Episode 9 to 16th episodes / 360 minutes + Bonus / ¥ 15,200 + tax[Each common privilege]Outer case & booklet (8P) with / Bonus: Making of the video & interview[Common Specifications]Color / Audio: Korean 2ch stereo Dolby Digital / Subtitles: Japanese / 16: 9 HD size
r.580x0

Archived